Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I have Super Rare Cesaro/Hogan/Big Show/Del Rio and Pro Rare Natalya and I'm doing pretty okay. I can't figure out how to get anything higher than Super Rare without giving them money or doing King of the Ring, which I hate and takes forever.

Coffee Wolf posted:

I notice the special ability doesn't always kick in, it seems random. Or am I doing something wrong, because I probably would be the one to gently caress up in a card game.

It's random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

same here except two regular rare Sandows because I joined KOTR right when I started, 'cause I didn't know it'd lock your cards

same, with Jerichos

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That reusing cards trick works on iOS.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

My maxed SR Hogan is 171/183/141/202, so he's pretty good for a standard SR.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got super rare Paige and Cena cards as ladder rewards that have gold borders and appear to be unusable. It's weird.

edit: I guess all the rewards have gold borders but I can't put the SRs in my deck.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 17, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mayostard posted:

Have you received them as rewards by completing an exhibition game after the update?

Yeah, they're all sitting in the My Cards list, I just can't throw them in anything. NBD, I'm not going to use them until I can pro them anyway.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I wonder if they suspected that poo poo would break and that's why it launched in the middle of the night.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I stopped playing for an hour and a half and dropped from 2500 to 3000 so that bodes well for caring about this and also sleeping

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

A lot of people play this stupid card game.

The top 5 already have 2000+ points, somehow.

edit: only play 3 point games unless you can actually win the 5 point games, in which case please tell me what you're doing.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It doesn't matter what side you pick, everyone gets rewards. The sides just determine if they'll be Cena or Lesnar cards.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got my first Ultra-Rare wrestler today, Sheamus. It kinda sucks that he can't hold a candle to all of my other wrestlers. I had an insanely lucky run over the last couple of days and ended up with a main team of all Pro SR's so he's just sorta sitting around as a King of the Ring benchwarmer with Pro SR Cesaro and Vince.

Edit: If you're worried about jumping into People's champ mode don't be, your ranking is purely a function of time spent, nothing else matters. I've been at home the last couple days with a killer flu so I've had nothing to do but play this game and watch TV, and I'm in the top 1500 just because I've been here to pres butan all day. I'm just into Ultra Rare++, and as far as I can tell that doesn't even matter. The +3 matches are picked so you'll win like 80% of them and the +5's are set up so you'll win like 25%, as far as I can tell. This changes, of course, if you're one of the tons of dudes I've run into gaming your tier with 3 epic cards and 2 commons.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 20, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LvK posted:

CMLL has made me think that a wrestling game needs to come out with a "sound" option. Y'know, different ambient sound for different circumstances/eras/etc. And the "Mexico" option needs to have nonstop airhorn "chants" no matter what.

When you lose in the finals of a king of the ring it should cut to a crying crowd.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just played a guy in Supercard who sent out Pro UR Big Show, Pro SR Big Show, and Pro R Big Show.

It's dedication to craft like that that I really appreciate.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I was feeling stagnant in Supercard and then exhibition mode saw fit to give me an Epic HHH, which is my best card behind the UR Pro Brock I got from the first People's Champ. :3:

Tanking my rating a bit to be competitive in UR King of the Ring instead of just getting wrecked in Epic is helping a lot too.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 15, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

My stacked KotR team ran into another stacked team in the semi-finals and I barely got through by the skin of my teeth. I had to use boosts and grind as many energy refills as possible between rounds, and I won the 3rd game 2-1 because it picked the two cards I had managed to refill.

Good times, now I can just sit here because I don't care at all about a support card, I just want my pair.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Sockser posted:

Since I've reached epic I've only not qualified for a single bracket and that was because I was busy during the weekend it fell on and went like, 5-40 or something absurd, but my UR drop was a Rock, giving me a duplicate, so it was even better.

I'm consistently rocking these without having to cheese them, I don't know what you guys are doing wrong here that you need to force down your levels.

It's just better to consistently get pairs of URs than single epics until you can get pairs of epics.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

People still care about what DLC is or isn't on the disc? It's not like you'd get it for free either way, it was earmarked to be sold to you months ago.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IcePhoenix posted:

drat right. Do we know what the other rewards are for this weekend yet? I got the notification on my app but the preview isn't up in game yet for me?

One of the developers said "everyone else involved in the cell are the rewards below those two" so I guess more Orton and Cena.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Oh man you can do the Batista Bomb/RKO thing from Wrestlemania :3:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I really want to get 2k15 but I'm always worried about the first year of a sports game on a new console. There's almost always something weird about it.

edit: also there's no way I'll spend as much time playing it as I do Supercard

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 25, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

People are botting, they talk about it on the reddit site for supercard sometimes

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Damnit, there goes my plans for Torito, World Heavyweight Champion

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

He had 40000-something last time I looked.

I'm not sure I buy that but whatever, it's actually sadder than botting.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm just rolling UR king of the rings over and over again until I can ditch my really lovely pro UR team. I'm using Vince McMahon and Alberto Del Rio right now so I can't even get into legendary exhibition.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's funny that they're using Hogan as a big pre-order selling point when it's not as though they haven't been using him in games over the last few years. He was in 2k14, All-Stars, Legends of WrestleMania, etc.

It's worse than that, Hogan isn't a preorder bonus he's a "hey give us 20-30 bucks extra" bonus, since he's only in the hulkamania or digital deluxe editions.

But hey, you get TWO hogans!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The PC port 2k did of NBA 2k15 is really good and the same as the current-gen console versions, but the NBA team is way better at making games than the WWE team.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If hulk is winning I'll go for the UR Macho pair since that'd be an upgrade for my team but other than that I'm skipping this event.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I thought UR Pro Daniel Bryan/Edge/Randy Orton/Brock Lesnar/AJ would be enough to get me to Legendary tier, but not quite :(

I'm 30-1 in an Epic KotR with that crew though so hopefully I'll get a pro Epic and get over that hump.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got my first epic pair...and it's Chris Jericho. Could've been worse.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The winning team just determines which prizes are handed out. You get stuff according to your rank, no matter who you picked.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I"m giving up on supercard, since getting the legendaries and pro epics I need to make my team better takes more dedication than I actually want to put into the game.

It was fun for a while, though!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

pressedbunny posted:

That's what's happening this time. The review embargo lifts the night of release day, not the morning. The game will be on sale (and pre-orders intact and fulfilled) for the whole day before reviews can go live.

I saw midnight tuesday as in when it becomes tuesday.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

pressedbunny posted:

People suckered in by pre-order bonuses and the MUST HAVE NOW mentality that publishers have cultivated.

Absolutely positive. Other than accounting for time zones, nothing is getting out for Tuesday. It's an embargo and not an NDA, though, so don't be surprised if shops break street date or EU publications say gently caress it and put reviews out on the Monday, with US publications then following suit because gently caress it who cares at that point. (In fairness, I've broken embargos a little early before, myself, and nothing really came of it because it was only something like 7 hours ahead of time; it's a bitch when people don't specify time zones. So you never know, writers may say gently caress it regardless. I would hope so.)

I don't think anybody's expecting reviews on Monday, just that they'll be out Tuesday when the game is. They aren't being held for 24-hours post-release unless I'm totally misreading the statements I've seen.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

Not having a good Diva card in Supercard is screwing me over again. I've had to change my sandbagging strategy to run a tag team and not a Diva, all I have is an Epic Brie that constantly loses to all the Pro UR Paige's and everything else out there.

I really wish I didn't miss that Pro UR Paige prize or whatever it was that gave everyone that card.

It was a people's champion reward. I got a Pro UR AJ from the People's Champ before the last one, which still manages to lose to that drat card half the time.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Davros1 posted:

That's a typo, right? You've got to be able to have 1 on 1 ladder matches.

You can do TLC, but not plain ladder for... some reason.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This dude got it already and is streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/otherotie

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jubs posted:

The MLB 2K franchise was an absolute disaster filled with game breaking bugs.

NBA 2k is the best yearly franchise in games, not just sports, if you want an example from the last decade.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like the way 2k15 plays, except for the chain grapple system, but all of the creation modes suck. Real cool how all I can do to make my entrance is mash together other current wrestlers' entrances or use the one custom one they included that's a lovely cell phone joke.

It also appears that I can't have different shoes on my guy in his entrance attire and in his ring attire.

Edit: it would also be nice if any of the content I stupidly paid extra for was working but I assume that'll be fixed soonish.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 18, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

InfiniteZero posted:

So next gen 2K15 doesn't have ladder matches any more?

If I've somehow missed them, please let me know.

If they have been removed, does anybody know why? Are they no longer a thing in "real" wrestling? (I don't watch WWE, sorry)

There are TLC matches which are basically the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I wish there were more than 2 showcase storylines, they're the best part of the game. It's BS that you have to pay for more of them.