Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
If that box set somehow makes it to America I will hunt it down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What the gently caress Luigi

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't have a twitch account so I couldn't comment but I caught the second half of that card. The deathmatch at the end owned

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I hope somebody makes Jay White on the PS4 as soon as possible along with other people who should already be in this game such as the majority of the Bullet Club

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Timby posted:

No one loving cares.

It's a good time. This is super lovely and uncalled for

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 19, 2018

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm having a good time with PS4 Fire Pro. Before I was playing the old GBA game so this is a huge step up. Has anybody run into any glitches so far? Last night I did Shibata vs Ishii and Shibata had invisible arms

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I may be wrong but I recall hearing something about an upcoming update breaking the mod suite? People are probably pissed about that

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Stay safe Takuan and all other wrestle goons dealing with Florence

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Takuan posted:

Good News: I got an older, modded version of Fire Pro to work independent of Steam while also having a new version working.
Bad News: My save has characters with modded moves and attire parts so now the new version won't acknowledge my keyboard and mouse and I have no idea what to do other than nuke my whole save and start over.

Sorry to hear about your save but I'm glad that it looks like we'll be able to have a show next week

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

ShadowedFlames posted:

How’s the created wrestler scene on PS4? Enough people to get by (I don’t expect it to be as packed as Steam) or is it a barren wasteland?

I've found pretty much every guy I've wanted on the site so far

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm happy to own Fire Pro on PS4 and equally happy that I didn't jump the gun on the season pass

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Yeah, I'm interested in what you've got next. I always appreciated the effort you put into GPW and I'm sure this is gonna be fun too

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

remusclaw posted:

That was a hell of a thing Takuan. Bravo.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
gently caress yeah, was wondering when the new show was coming. Definitely gonna tune in

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
For a second I thought that was an amiibo and got really excited

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hell, that works out for me. I just got back from a movie and was wondering what was playing on your channel

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Takuan posted:

I think the gimmick for the Southpaw DLC is that it takes place years after the Youtube clips, so it kinda makes sense a bunch of people left the territory. I love the name Max Headlocks though.

Also.

W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling was always going to be a project with a definitive end, and that end is fast approaching. 4 more shows remain until the series finale. Tonight is the first of those four shows, featuring The Match Beyond!

The Alliance To Stop The Wrestleocalypse(Ayako Asami, Reiji Senkawa, Glambot 3000, & Jimmy Stardust) vs. The Horsemen Of The Wrestleocalypse(Triumph, WAR, Oppression, & Fall) in a timed-entrance cage match!

Plus, also:
W.A.V.E. Trans-AM Championship Match: Dan Backslide© vs Bam Bam The Training Bot
W.A.V.E. World Tag Championship Match: KyodAI© vs Bubb & Dubb
Celebration of Smoothness Match: Fred Dobbs vs Bob Cassale
Singles Match: Miles & Keiko vs Molly Malefic
8-Man Lucha Rules Tag Match: Jane Salem, Hiroto Mishima, Onyx, & RWC's Ricochet™ vs Saturno, Gran Gallo, Edwin Encarnacion, & Otome Lin
8-Man Tag Match: The B0N3B0YZ(Rad Bone, Dad Bone, Chad Bone & Mad Bone) vs The Lionmarks, Broman Gains, & Sapp Ledesma
No DQ Falls Count Anywhere Match: Dracula vs Lou Ban

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Aw, gonna try to make the last shows. Do you have anything else lined up or are you taking a break from feds?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Takuan posted:

Last year I fell into an efedding collective-group-thing, and I'm gonna start doing monthly shows featuring characters from that community. I'm gonna attempt at replicating a GCW-style indy.

Sounds dope, excited to see what you do with it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
A good chunk of the DLC for Fire Pro is on sale on PSN so I picked up Fire Promoter. Any tips or things I should know before going in?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Maxwell Lord posted:

Invites are risky because if the guy doesn't show, you can't rebook, that match just gets dropped and fewer people show up. You can do it but like one per show. (However invites can be good for improving someone's interest in your company, if you want hire them later.)

I'd almost always go with a Custom start, which lets you use the wrestlers you've got and even choose which 6 you start with. Expansion is slow because you can only make one attempt to hire someone per month.

Also loan out guys you're not using in a show, because if they go to another promotion the AI will often book them in title matches and you can poach belts that way.

Gracias for this. Been meaning to get to Fire Promoter since it came out but I managed to get sidetracked by other video games every single time

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't have wrestlers to contribute but I would also like to watch this tournament. Ever since Takuan stopped streaming I haven't had any good Fire Pros to watch

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Thanks for the scoop, followed them. I'll also have a look at yours when I get a chance

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Natsume Championship Wrestling is neat. It's fire proish enough for me to get into it. I still want more wrestling on Switch but this works for when I want a five minute bite of it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Yeah it's been brought up before

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wish I could play Fire Pro on my switch

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

CarlCX posted:

I hope this continues, but I do not have a great deal of faith.

Even as someone who's loved Fire Pro long enough to mod childhood consoles and import them, ecstatic though I was about Fire Pro World, I was kind of doubtful about its prospects. It's a 2D game with no licensed characters outside of Japan that launched in barebones early access mode, it was always going to be a really hard sell to the nominal wrestling games audience.

All of that being said: Where they really, really hosed it was their DLC model. Wrestler packs is totally reasonable, but $10-$20 for things like story mode and GM mode that should have been in the base game was ridiculous and trying to wring $20-30 apiece out of the playerbase for things like the ability to edit entrances or customizing parts was not only philosophically lovely, it hosed the creation community, the big reliable audience Fire Pro had going for it in the first place, by forcibly dividing it into the people who were or were not willing to shell out the price of another full game just for the ability to even download custom edits that were made using them.

Fire Pro was never going to be a massive success, but they really boned its one niche by trying to overmonetize it.

This sums it up for me perfectly. My interest in the game died when I found out I couldn't use the Jon Moxley I downloaded because I didn't buy the $30 update that his moves came from

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I just want the Switch version to be decent. Prepared to buy it on PS5 if it's not but I would really like some good handheld wrestling since Fire Pro is never coming to it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

RandolphCarter posted:

If you’ve got money to burn you can get a Steam Deck and play fire pro on that.

The Steam Deck is nice but between my Switch and my Retroid I have enough handhelds

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It was clear that the game was never coming out after they put the word forever in the title

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like the first GBA Fire Pro because it has a code to unlock all of the hidden wrestlers

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Post Malone loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I want Fire Pro on my Switch and I want the DLC to not have stupid prices