Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

gypsyshred posted:

As a fellow 90s fan, you might enjoy 2k13 more, as the attitude era sim was pitch perfect. But again, you'd need a console.

I recently bought WWE 13 for 4 bucks at a pawn shop because I am a dumb 90's wrestling mark. It's alright, and the Attitude Era mode is great if you're into Attitude Era stuff (you get to play the Hell in a Cell match between Undertaker and Mankind :swoon:) but the "Hit the finisher and pin within 10 seconds" objective in Attitude Era mode is a big load of drat bullshit. They always ropebreak or kick out and then the match goes on for 5 more minutes until you get another finisher and go for it again, or they lightly tap you on the head and pin you and since kicking out is a total pain in the rear end, they win and you gotta do the poo poo all over again.

I just want to unlock everything :negative:

Also, there's next to no WCW representation except for "yeah, they were beating us because they had nWo, but eventually, we kicked their rear end, vinceflex.jpg" and that's lame because I liked WCW when I was a dumb kid. At least give me the Monday Nitro arena or something.

Anyway, that's my mini-rant on dumb outdated wrestleman games, hope you liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay now 2k14 is getting into this weird habit of having every tag match feature:

A) one team member turning on the other and leaving them to face the other two alone

B) After the match, the abandoned member helps someone on the other side beat up THEIR partner

I turned off "Tag Team Breakups/Creation" in Universe mode so I have no idea why it's doing this so often. I was able to make it work in storyline once but it's happening way too often.

Davros1 posted:

Maybe that's what I need to do. I have it turned on, and NONE of this stuff happens.

Yuke's Future Media Creators: Wait, off means on?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

They should allow commentary options, like who you want on the table. I'd pick old school Vince.

:vince: WHATTAMANEUVER! UN-BE-LIEVABLE!

"In 2K16, we have revamped the commentary system. You can use JBL or use one of these thrilling commentator options:

• Tazz
• Mike Adamle
• Art Donovan
• Two Michael Coles (THE SOUND OF HUMAN FLESH HITTING THE GROUND ECHOES THROUGHOUT THE ARENA)"

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

You think they'd remove that restriction on the game that has a career mode that focuses on Steve Austin.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Bought Fire Pro Returns a week ago, pretty fun actually! The gameplay is pretty good once I got used to it. It even made a match against my nephew interesting instead of the usual Yuke's DDT-and-running-bulldog-fest. I wish I could turn off the "breathing" system for matches though, because my younger brother and nephew kinda don't get the fact that you have to hold L1 for 10 seconds every 2 minutes in the match. I can't wait to make my own wrestlers and companies and pit them against each other because I have too much free time.

One question: Why is (off-brand) Jeff Jarrett one of the included wrestlers? Is J-E-Double-F J-A-Double-R-E-Double-T that big in japan?

(I've only seen him breaking guitars over people's heads in 1999 WWF/2000 WCW as a kid and I know he made TNA)

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

9 layers a part? :vince:

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Sent a request on champions under the name "goatly".

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i can't tell if the game playing the theme music at a slow speed to make it sound all demonic while it shows the article for you killing a guy is a bug or on purpose but :eyepop:

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

You can speed up or slow down your theme music.
Keep

It

Hard
Core

i know about that feature, but i don't think it's supposed to affect the menu music

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehT1E2u-ACs

I didn't even process the guy's name until I uploaded the video. The only way it could have been better/worse is if it was Crispin Noir.

that, like so much else in mdickie's wrestling games, is loving amazing

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

that tori vs steve austin match :stare:

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

but THIS time they're real! for sure! my uncle said so and everything and he works at THQ

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i predict any amount of joy anyone would get from 2k22 will be from watching the nL boys play it and that's it. maybe a few of the weirdos that like playing it ranked online but they don't count

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

my 2nd favorite thing about the N64 AKI games is how some wrestlers are just permanently stuck in a state of euphoric facial rigor mortis

also my favorite part about AKI is that the company still exists and makes the style savvy games (definitely not the same devs, but same company)

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

who needs bitcoin when you got Global Force Gold™

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

NewLegacy Inc. are playing TEW 2020. They're booking AEW and it's going about as well as you'd expect.

i think it's actually a different game from TEW2020, they're just using that since the actual game isn't in the twitch game directory. i've only been able to watch bits and pieces due to reasons but i remember jawnny saying it was "pro wrestling sim" and it was early access and :20bux:

i watched enough to see get austin gunn get injured for 7 months in a promo where ogogo punches billy gunn for the 3rd time

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dusty and Jake Roberts may still be tied up with 2K. I think they were both in Battlegrounds. The Rock and Rolls would be good to add too if they aren’t affiliated with 2K. And put Glacier in too just for fun.

was trying to figure out who Rolls was and why The Rock would be in an AEW game :doh:

EDIT: also they need to add Brickowski

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

I don’t realize the importance

Well it's really important.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Gavok posted:

Makes me wonder which show the AEW game is going to name itself after. Rampage should be off the table since that's already the name of a well-known game series and Double or Nothing should be saved for the sequel.

it's gonna be called AEW Presents WCW Thunder

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

iMac? cant rly help you there.

o'Mac? well shoot son, what you do is hand that stupid sumbitch a beer, wait for him to sip, then BOOT THAT SORRY SAP IN THE GUT, WHAM STUNNER, NOW GIMME A HELL YEAH

imagining this post in N64 quality audio

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

you can find trips being sad backstage and if you bring up NXT he marty garner's you and you have to start a new save because you die

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

vince announces that WWE 2K22 is so well done this time around, it comes with a free bottle of ketchup

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i was getting out of wrestling by the time they put GM mode into the games so my first experience with it was watching that one run nL did where they had an hour long submission match with Christian against Ric Flair

kdrudy posted:

If we could bring ghost problems to Universe, that would be amazing.

from what i've seen of the recent 2K games, this happens without the need of a story creator

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i dunno if it's KoC2 but one japanese wrestling game has a rip-off version of bon jovi's "bad medicine" in it and more wrestling games should do that. just completely rip off songs and have them as entrance themes

also heh, KoC

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

it probably helps that nothing in the game is over 200 tris, tops. maybe 300

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

if they do a women's rumble for one, will they boo Beth Phoenix

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

The Rock Elected President, Immediately Changes National Anthem To His Verse In Tech N9ne's "Face Off"

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

iirc you can go into the roster editor and change your stats in there? i haven't played the new one but that's how it was in wr3D

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

but can you Def Jam: Fight for NY people in that arena

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

if the nipples on my kenny omega CAW aren't just so, i will throw my loving console and game into a trash compactor and set myself on fire

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

me too bud. me too

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

normal mode and fun mode

it should be possible for rey mysterio to vertical suplex brock lesnar if i want to do that

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

The no custom brands thing was so obviously gonna be the case. They don't want people streaming AEW, GCW or New Japan in their WWE game

don't see why when it would make them all look like poo poo due to the game underneath. might as well take em down with you

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

they should bring in all the artists of songs on the soundtrack to fill in the roster

EDIT: putting the title on the weeknd. he's got the jetpack brother

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

def jam: icon but reskinned to have roman reigns and john cena in it

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Gavok posted:

Which company would be the best fit for a CYN game?

the wackos behind whatever the gently caress's going on at intellivision

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

it's simply true if you take a step back and analyze the tweet.

dakota kai the smartest wrestler in the biz. this business that i love

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

the dream is for all mdickie games to be crammed into one big super-mdickie game where you can do anything. become a wrestler. become a pop star. do drugs. go to prison. meet jesus. whatever the hell else he's made

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

hold on, what do you mean there's a mental health system in wrestling empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

if you dont take care of your guy in the open world game mode you will go berserk and try attacking everyone around you

that sounds like it would lead to dumb poo poo happening, which is awesome. does this apply to NPCs because that would explain why Red Shoes Unno tried to frog splash me off of the bar when I went there