Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
And in the following video/rest of the stream Johnny ends up getting really into Fire Promoter and does an entire year while having slip run the numbers from a pile of broken chair parts. I highly recommend the serious playthrough, almost more than the jokey/bullshitty one, because a really good throughline is just how into it they get as they try and make the shows work while terrified they will end up in a death spiral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBcUbsfplZk&t=12267s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

I just can't get myself interested in a game that is basically just a bunch of spreadsheets

This is the game genre I play.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Takuan posted:

Out of those changes, I think I'm most excited about the 'partner miscommunication' thing. The new TEW looks like it could really reinvigorate the series.

Same, I've used the "turn" note and it has never really felt super appropriate for that type of finish.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I like that since its a finish I always had trouble simulating but I also like the extra people at ringside since sometimes you just want someone involved for story purposes. And the wording seems to suggest there's some kind of "Lumberjack Match" setting now.

Heel stables doing bullshit at ringside can now be representing in game, I am a big fan of that development

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CVagts posted:

TEW 2016 is definitely worth $20 if you're into that kind of game. The only negative with GDS is their insistence on sticking with eLicense. Even an exclusivity to the Epic store would be an upgrade over eLicense. :sigh:

If I ever want to replace my card, i consider buying something from Grey Dog Software, because without fail my bank sends me a new card every time I use their service.

rovert posted:

Had a fun time today using the new July 2019 RWC mod on TEW 16 playing with AEW.

I always get a greater perspective on a promotion's or WWE's latest brand split/draft via playing it through on TEW. AEW's roster is a well balanced and diverse mix of talent that you can let your mind run free with and a roster of people who know no one has really put their fingerprint on. Has really re-invigorated what has been for years a WWE simulator. Even playing with ROH or IMPACT you can subconsciously re-run their historical playbook even if you didn't intend to. AEW is a blank canvas.

I always end up either historically, or contemporaneity, making a custom promotion and just trying to do cool poo poo. AEW's rise has felt a lot like that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Big Easy Difficulty Energy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rare Magic card l00k posted:

finally, a video game where i do the greatest dream match of all, zack sabre jr. vs. the blue meanie

I'm just sad Taka isn't on board to shout "Hey Blue Guy, COME ON OVER HERE"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

any wrestling game that lets you get pinned 1-2-3 even in the first 10 seconds just because you missed some stupid loving minigame cue is bad and is laughably bad game design.

Counterpoint, matches where dudes get rolled up 1-2-3 in the first ten seconds of match own.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

It's so much fun

Fire promoter is really great, especially as it makes you think about Units are making them make sense.

I just wish they would let you do a league (unless that has changed).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm trapped in that "don't want to start a new game because I want to do stuff that I'll be able to do in the next version" limbo.

I've found that doing Effganic gimmick runs are good for this grey period because as soon as I get bored of the gimmick I can move on to the next one and the mod makes the game run fast enough that you can get an idea running with relatively little downtime.

Rarity posted:

Do all the booking in TEW then sim the matches in FPW, obviously

Been meaning to do something like that and edit it together as an editing exercise for myself, but god drat if I am not wanting to do the Fire Pro legwork to have my beautiful mid tier indie guys.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I turn back on the stream and Sable is dominating in praying mantis mode.

edit: should I go and try and find the timecodes for the MDickie games or wait until they end up getting cut (whenever that may be).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There is never gonna be three people in that ring, is there?

the curse is real.

edit: TAKA IS HERE, MOTHERFUCKER
loving never mind.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 16, 2019

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, uh, the MDickie games were back to back, right. Anyone got a timecode potentially?

edit: Oh poo poo, Chapter Select.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 16, 2019

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

"THAT'S NOT DISCIPLE" was funnier than it should've been.

It better have been pronounced like Ciclope.

Also, deeply enthused that yesterday went from Virtual Pro 2, to the Everybody DIIIES rumble, to the two MDickies making for great viewing for me, right now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was. That's what made it so great.

I am now really looking forward to that moment on VOD. Hopefully I can make it through the last MDickie rumble from yesterday before the Royaliest of Rumbles.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Let's go
EVERYBODY DIES.
The World is a gently caress
AMERICAN PSYCHO
VANNNNCE ARCHER

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Wonderful parade of Royalist Rumbles.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
God, duel is the loving best.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

nobody died actually

:( Some days aren't yours at all.
They come and go and Everybody Dies.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
How is loving Doink the Shawn Michaels of this Rumble?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Is that the Andrew Everett career mode glitch in 2k19?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
WHAT ?!?

RIP THE CLOWN

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
They are right, Justin Credible is basically Low Ki.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Actual Nation of Domination reunion between Mark Henry and Kama Mustafa during his Voo Dude phase.

edit: ECW vs. Nation of Domination

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
STEINER VS STUDD

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Big Poppa Pump is your Royaliest Hook Up.

edit: god, slip got that read off like he was Kevin Kelly calling a ZSJ submission.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
nL really living up to its message of breaking games.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

And you can't have entrances online?

Like I know a lot of people skip entrances to save time but that's dumb

So this means no new season of Who's Gimmick is it Anyway?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think I broke Fire Pro World

I put Shawn Michaels and Austin in a landmine match and its currently been going for 65 minutes

Did the ref get dropped and refuse to get back up? Because I've seen that happen which causes a match to literally have no way of ending.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

that isn't one of the multiple times people have been knocked out by getting a pin kicked out of. (It's still very good)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dacap posted:

They should at least keep the 2k19 servers up longer instead of closing them in May to make up for how bad 20 turned out

But that wouldn't generate revenue??? Why would 2k do that???

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Takuan posted:

Now about how low the popularity values of AEW wrestlers are and how it's impossible to put on a show good enough to satisfy TNT...

The mods are bad and I have to literally hand-(re)craft AEW to make it make some semblance of sense and not instantly die. If it weren't too much of a giant problem, basically every wrestler in the game should be way better than the mods leave them, pop numbers are "fine" sort of, but the wrestlers should be putting way better in-ring ratings and segment ratings because the talent is GOOD.

It's a loving mess.

cranking everyone's in-ring skills up has let me squeak by in AEW test-games, but is very ugh.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

The pokemon diamond and pearl remakes, but its AEW instead

I would be very down. Diamond and Pearl are my favorite gen conceptually, but man oh man do they run slow to me now.

Now I' thinking if AEW wrestlers would be the pokemon sprites, or the human characters.

If they could work with NJPW, so Rocky Romero could be Incineroar.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

You're Tony Khan, and you have to catch them all! Your three starter choices are Cody, Kenny, or Jericho.

Cody is Piplup because Empoleon/Kingdom and Cody is going to need Empoleon's high collar design to hide his neck tat to get babyface reaction.
Jericho is Turtwig because of the spikes.
Kenny is Chimchar because they both keep taking photos with problematic streamers.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hey, so it's kind of weird and maybe off topic (but I've seen other people post similar-ish) but prior to Dynamite I'm doing a livestream booking WCW 2001 and beyond in TEW 2016. It's a continuation of a save I started in Jan 2001 (at the beginning of COVID quarantine) and have now made it to April.

https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight

But yeah, I'll be running from now until about the start of Dynamite.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Still feels weird, but if anyone wants to kill time before Dynamite: I'm still running WCW 2001 in TEW 2016 at https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight from now until before Dynamite.

+ Sting got sent to rehab beat Scott Steiner and returned the belt to WCW management before disappearing!
+ Paul E Dangerously is back in WCW, as it's President?
+ I'm running a round robin tournament? Am a masochist or just stupid? (a bit of both)
+ The stars of tomorrow are the job guys of today!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I Before E posted:

Makes me wonder if Grey Dog added a sexuality variable to better model relationships in 2020 but I won't get my hopes up

TEW 2016 has something for this, I believe. A trinary variable for heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Goons are playing Book It! and I am broadcasting it.

Book It! is pretty fun.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Please come and watch as I exorcise the demon of TEW 2016 from my brain by running tournaments and play WCW 2001 until Dynamite. Watch and help me slowly succumb to the realization I am going to buy TEW 2020.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
come help me write the ultimate Ric Flair burial night in the final WCW 2001 as I finish up my TEW 2016 game. https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight

Please, I need to do something before Dynamite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

So, I'm playing TEW 2020 on stream now, using the 1990 dataset, and booking an approximation to AJPW/King's Road style in the America as Paul Heyman in Chicago (I hosed up and deleted a save where I had Paul start an ECW-alike in the same data), please come and help me. We have Arnold Schwarzenegger and a Quebecois Nationalist faction.

Also I came up with the pun Paul Japan Pro Wrestling and am VERY PROUD.