Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Astro7x posted:

How is this game 2 months away, and they haven't shown anything from it aside from some still images?

Anyway, IGN posted more details on how the gameplay works today

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/wwe-2k15-first-hands-on-ign-first?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Seems more simulation than being able to start the match with a running clothesline which we all probably are use to doing.

Man this sounds great, I'm super up for a more sim type WWE game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Daniel Bryan posted:

Also going to be released on Android and Kindle Fire tomorrow.

gently caress! I was about to be all smug with my super ancient iphone that I barely have any apps on aside from quality of life things but if it's on my Kindle I kinda have to at least check it out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

smashpro1 posted:

Anybody else having trouble getting the game to play on Kindle Fire?

All good for me.

Also this game is way too good at doing the whole 'we gotta trigger the player's sense of reward' thing, getting buckets of cards for trainer fuel is a great way to keep people playing.

I expected to be not so subtly asked for money a bunch but I don't even know how I would give them money since the only way to buy cards is with some weird red currency, so kudos for that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god this is beauty.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Why even waste time and money making a last gen version if it's just 2k14 with a smaller roster and hilariously removed features?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Midnight on Tuesday literally always means 'as soon as it's Tuesday', release date embargos are really common and not much of an indication either way on quality. Lack of review copies, post release embargoes, those are what make you go 'oh poo poo this is gonna suck'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

I pre-ordered because I wanted Sting and wanted it pre-loaded, and unless it's even more broken than the last couple of years I'll probably still enjoy it enough to justify the purchase.

Same here, I did it for pre-load and because I'm a huge Sting mark, WWE knows how to hit me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Looking at some videos and all, if MyCareer can honestly deliver on some of it's things I'm kind ok with them cutting other things for it. I like that CAWs look like...the other wrestlers finally, I like career mode poo poo in wrasslin games. I'm bummed about some of the cuts, and I agree it was shady to be all 'oh yea we all were working super hard to get it in until the last minute so that's why we didn't say we probably were gonna cut this poo poo' but I think 2k15 could lay some solid foundations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

Ghost Problems is now canon.

What?! COLLUSION!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah mycareer looks great, and the actual GAMEPLAY(which people seem to be ignoring) seems a lot better this year, so I am still very much looking forward to the game.

That and being able to mess with the base wrestlers like you would a CAW will lead to some funny stuff.

Yea, I'm bugged about things that got removed for no good reason (yea I'm sure that 1 on 1 ladder match was just breaking the game but the TLC was fine) but I think there's poo poo worth praising in it and it's not gonna be loving ruined because I have to do a TLC match instead of a ladder.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So how do you activate the accelerator in the PS4 version, the store is blank when I bring it up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gavok posted:

One cool little detail is how during an Elimination Chamber match, when Ziggler and Bryan started fighting, Lawler started talking about how Ziggler's gone on record to say that he would love nothing more than to do a 60-man iron man match with Bryan and how that would be such a fun match to see.

In other news, a few months ago, I asked for help on this article on weird wrestling video game moments. Unfortunately, since it wasn't topical, my editors shelved it for later. With WWE 2K15 out, they finally posted it. Thanks again for everyone who gave me a hand with that.

The 25 Weirdest Moments in Wrestling Video Games

It's so loving crazy that they're willing to put effort in to have neat little moments like that but 90% of the commentary is "WHAT A MANEUVER" and "The CAT LIKE (wrestler who just did a high spot no matter what his actual style is)" poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I will say one thing for 2k15, despite the shift to more realistic mycareer stuff, I can successfully make a tiny green skinned alien man who has diva moves like the butt shake moonsault and multiple slaps, so like...that's worth a B at least.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
How do I de-unify the belts in Universe mode? Booker T somehow has been the super champ for like half the year and that poo poo won't fly.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

It's the exact same system as the portable version of Injustice. You earn credits by fighting, and if you sign in with your WB ID you get bonus credits in increasing amounts, as well as other stuff, every day you play.

You can also just buy them, but you could probably earn enough to buy one of those high tier guys in a week. Also they're only the high tier, pre-leveled versions. You can just level up one of the lower tier characters to get that powerful. So basically if you want to pay to win you can, but you can also just play.

Neat, I liked the Injustice thing for the small amount of time I played it, if they just c/p'd it but with wrestlers instead I'll call it a win.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Cool, between that and tinkering on the card game I now have many good options for wrestlers to amuse me while I poop.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They all look like poo poo, except Authority HHH, who's just HHH in a suit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They accurately captured the fact that Steph has no faces other than 'smug and scheming rear end in a top hat'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nut Bunnies posted:

Michael Cole
Michael Cole (Debut)
Michael Cole (Tuxedo)
Michael Cole (Frosted tips)
Michael Cole (WM27)

This is what I'm assuming it's gonna be.

Hey guys we have unique models for CM Punk: Ugly Sideburns, CM Punk: Now With A Real Gross Bump, and CM PUNK: Classic! That's three done right there! Then you get into all the Rocks and Kanes and Undertakers and HHH's and how many actual wrestlers are on the loving roster guys.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Huh, so the MyCareer we were meant to have in 15? Cool. That does sound fun.

I like having basically social links with other wrestlers and being able to gently caress around with post match stuff. Also the run in stuff looks interesting, there was a whole menu in the corner there of poo poo to pull. I wanna play a weasel shitbag heel who just fucks with everyone.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

Plus since it's a 2K game you can do run ins and then send passive-aggressive tweets to William Regal about the fact that you did run ins.

If there's an option to troll people on twitter it's my GOTY.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aurain posted:

Excited isn't the right word but I am looking forward to what newLegacy do with it.

Yea like I'm not 'excited' so much as I am curious to see what it will do.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Big Bidness posted:

I got last year's on the PS4 as a gift, so I didn't feel quite as burned when it turned out to be a skeletal framework instead of an actual game, so I'm sort of cautiously looking forward to it. It looks like they've added in a bunch of stuff that didn't make it last year, and I liked that they slowed down the pace of the actual gameplay a bit. I'm also interested in the way reversals work now, having a recharging stock of them whose number depends on your stats could help things from being boring reversal fests. Having to manage reversals and stamina could go a long way to making things feel different.

Yea the new systems seem neat and it seems career mode is finally an actual career mode rather than Vickie's Tweets Sim 2015. It's loving dumb that they released what was clearly a framework of what they wanted to do last year, and this year just makes that even more clear, but honestly I'll be glad if we just get an actual wrassling game this year.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
One more subtle change I noticed, the reversals that 'hurt' your opponent now have indicators to set them apart from normal ones. Like the ones where you shove them down or something have the ring around the prompt that turns red or green depending on if you did it right. That's nice considering they're now a meter rather than infinite, so you can see if it's worth using one if you're low.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

simosimo posted:

The game is actually looking good, but I have been falling for that each year since SVR06!

Yea this is where I'm at. On paper everything looks neat and seems like a solid refinement of what 15 did, but, ya know, every goddamn year WWE pulls the football out from under me and I never go 'I should stop kicking this football' so I don't know if I even know what a good wrestlegame is anymore.

What is reality, in this cold and bleak WWE Universe?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Haha that's a fantastic crazy commercial.

Also

simosimo posted:

Have no fear, you have the loyal fuckwits who buy the game day one (like me) to test if the game is poo poo or bad :)

yea wait to see if guys like me are saying "AGH YA GOT ME AGAIN WRESTLING GAMES" before ordering it, we're already locked in to be the test monkeys, don't let our impulsive sacrifice go in vain.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

Despite its many, many faults. Last years game was the best playing game they put out in years, now with some features getting put back in to beef it up I got some hopes for it.

I will wait to see what CAW options are in though because that is make or break for me, was too light last year.

Yea this is why I got 16. I liked last year's gameplay but hated the barebones game. This one is an evolution with the cut back options back and a real career mode. If it delivers there I'm good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok so 2k16 has create-a-sloth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Ea1TY01qA (skip to about 2:15ish)

Masks you put on even map to your deformity so that is a pretty big win in my book.

Like it's hilarious that you can make lucha sloth but I'm genuinely impressed that they have masks that actually follow the facial features that well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lady Naga posted:

I'm still disappointed that there aren't 100% opaque full-face masks yet so my inevitable 2k16 Sonic is still gonna have to problem of having cartoon eyes over regular eyes but the ability to completely deform faces means that more cartoony characters are possible so really it's kind of a wash.

Even more horrifying this way, and thus better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If they wanted mad nerd points they should have just put Arnie in there and called him Mr Dream.

Legit a little surprised they didn't use Arnold tbh.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Seems like a prime opportunity to utilize the "import CAWs from your friends" function

HBK, HHH, and the terrifying power of the enforcer, Sonic The Hedgehog!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nut Bunnies posted:

Yes. What are they gonna do? Feature the amazing storylines like Rusev vs. Ziggler and Wyatt vs. Ambrose?

Alternatively they could go the other route and feature forgotten people who were quickly let go. Vade Hansen, Kizarny, Erik Escobar, and more!! ONLY in WWE 2K19!!!

Seriously I imagine any young guy seeing this and getting mad is much more mad going 'oh, huh so THIS is how young talent used to get pushed' than going 'ARG STEVE AUSTIN ON A VIDEO GAME COVER NO'.

Also on topic of breakouts being actually good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSDMfbr5_Jw

I like that the lantern goes flying.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm almost positive I saw in some quick 'here's a look at all the match screens' type video 'title match' was an option, I think you have to go to however many men is in the match and maybe something dumb like special match or something?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sanguinia posted:

It kind of amazes me how bad the commentary and crowd are in these WWE games when the NBA 2k series is so incredibly immersive on that front. The way they have King, Cole and JBL talk in the most disgustingly generic soundbites that could apply to any match in any situation, the crowd's uninspired signs and unnattural reactions, they all ruin the atmosphere. I guess you can just blame Yukes and leave it at that, but it's still amazing that they let both these games carry the 2K branding when they are so far apart on easily comparable metrics.

THE CAT LIKE UNDERTAKER

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wait what's the difference between GM and Universe mode

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

gypsyshred posted:

What time does the digital preorder unlock?

Like midnight eastern I think

Luigi Thirty posted:

The Scoop Man says they didn't send out review copies which basically guarantees this game is a turd and 2K knows it.

Has anyone ever gotten review copies of the WWE game? I mean, it's not exactly a major series, and I can't remember any time I saw reviews of it that were before launch other than 'I got a leaked copy here's the poo poo'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

What if I want to play as Arnold the robit though?

It's a powerful urge

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

super macho dude posted:

I'm buying it tomorrow cause I dint give a gently caress and look forward to posting videos of how buggy and terrible it is.

I got no shame, I probably got swindled.

I almost certainly got swindled.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lady Naga posted:

I like that Stardust gets more counters than Big Cass.

HE'S FROM SPACE HE'S GOT SPACE TRICKS

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rhonne posted:

Big Cass keeps bullying the ref.

LEAVE THAT MAN ALONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Havoc904 posted:

They are working on a patch to fix the Title match stuff for Universe mode. So if that is the only thing holding you back from getting the game, it should be fixed in the next couple of weeks.

Good to hear, there's no way that wasn't a really stupid oversight rather than a genuine 'oh no I'm sure people HATE title matches in Universe mode as an option to control' thing.