Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Not what I heard. He should talk like a normal person does. I've heard his interview with Colt Cabana so maybe that's not helping since he dropped f-bombs left and right on there.

"Talking like a normal person" isn't exactly something most wrestlers do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Was it Raw 1 or 2 that had random crates around ringside, and you'd bust them open to get hats to wear in the middle of matches?

Sometimes I wonder if game devs even know what wrestling is

Raw 2, the best game after SvR 2006

edit; actually no, Raw 1 had the random crates ringside

you could also make your CAW's like 20 feet tall in that game

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 was the best because I could Tiger Suplex people through a ladder that was leaning against the second rope.

God drat the physics in that game were so great

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Testekill posted:

Another occurance in my TEW ECW game, Violent J has been sentenced to 3 years for dangerous driving. I was actually using the ICP as a tag team so this kinda inconveniences me.

Bring him back in 3 years as the higher power

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

LvK posted:

Man now I kind of really want a decently fun and flexible deathmatch wrestling game with a good CAW mode, mostly so I can make hideous mutant freaks and have them powerbomb each other off of rooftops and into a pile of broken, burning tables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gSEbQsauTY

truly a work of art

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
anybody who isn't just playing Universe mode is missing out because I'm having a great time with my stable of Sting's and Kevin Nash's along with Bray Wyatt eternally feuding with Warrior over the Hardcore title on NXT

also Fandango won MITB and I had him cash in and beat Brock so that's a plus

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I inflicted a ton of dick trauma and was still hailed as a hero to the WWE Universe.

well it is wrestling, after all

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

RBX posted:

Blame the paid mods thing and valve. They screwed with the entire community with that.

Nah, the mod community has always been filled with insane people who dont want others to "steal" their work

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Gough Suppressant posted:

Do 2k police the submitted CAW's for other promotions guys? I can't find anyone like samoa joe or aj styles and was wondering if they're being blocked/removed or if nobody can be assed making them.

Joe is fat and I have seen a couple AJ's, I think it's just a combination of the tags sucking and the game still being somewhat new

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
just letting you all know that Bundle Stars has an Extreme Sims bundle that includes WMMA 3 and TEW 2010 for $3

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/extreme-sims-3-bundle/

also it ends in two and a half hours

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Geektox posted:

It's weird because my last name which is "Lu" is perfectly pronounceable for the commentators in NBA 2K16, wonder why they can't just port over whatever magic speech engine they use there instead of futzing with the prerecorded samples, is there just too much enunciation on entrances or something?

even weirder since Lu Parper is already in the game

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
couldn't you just DQ yourself and make it easier that way

or is a five star match required for some of these

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
the only time I've made it years into a TEW game is by booking a smaller company so I only have to do a few shows a month.

And then I inevitably get a TV deal which slows everything to a crawl.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
is this about Fire Pro World or Wrestling Revolution Whatever?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Giant Gram 2000 is the only wrestling game that matters anyway

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

remusclaw posted:

Yukes owned New Japan for years and during that time period never made a New Japan game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestle_Kingdom_(video_game)

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
According to wikipedia there was going to be a WCW 2000/Mayhem 2 game that would have been developed by AKI.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
if it makes you feel better the employees that made the wrestling games probably left ages ago.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I found my dream team

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Hornswoggle, Jimmy Snuka, Hurricane and DH Smith is the greatest final four of all time

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
so yeah this MS paint drawing of Johnny making GBS threads in a bathtub is pretty good

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG_aBCnVwAAcaS-.jpg

edit: probably better to just link it

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 12, 2017

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOd-m99AHEw&t=30s

was not expecting a NewLegacy shout-out from TNA but I shouldn't be surprised since NL gets more views.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
finally I can simulate being disqualified for kicking too much rear end.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

So I have 2k17 on the PS3, and I was making a minor show in Universe mode, and when it comes to choose the number of matches, it gives choices of "Com" "Manager" "Overall" and "User". Anyone understand what that means?

according to this post it's a bug

quote:

EDIT: The bug effects all minor shows in Universe.

Manager = 3 matches

User = 4 matches

Empty= 5 matches

Com= 6 Matches

Overall= 7 matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOoKp2nLpI

glad they're putting so much effort into simulating Shane's lovely punches