Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Thanks to you jerkbags talking about it, I picked up the game too. Eventually pulled down a super-rare Del Rio, which was pretty cool. Too bad I got it after I'd joined a KotR, but before it had actually started. (Rest of my team is uncommon Eva Marie, rare Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan, and my opening rare draw--Hulk Hogan.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I've got two rare Bray Wyatts leveled up and ready to combine, but one is locked into a KotR...

Eh, it'll give me something to look forward to, while I level up my SR del Rios. I got my second one a few hours ago...and then, another fight or two later, I pulled a third. So that's fun.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Soon, I'll be free of the tyranny that is KotR. Can finally pro-ify my rare Hogan and Wyatt.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

So, I won that KotR, and got...two rare ADRs. To go with my two SR ADRs, I guess.

And then I combined my rare Hogans before one of them had fully leveled up. *headdesk*

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Nothing like working your entire way through a tableau, only to end up with a Speed Boost. I'm a bit insulted. (Especially since I'm almost past the Super Rare ++ tier, and I've drawn a total of eight SR cards. Three of those were Alberto del Rio.)

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

BlueArmyMan posted:

I like(d?) it enough to buy it this past weekend.

When I first played it back in college, I was so excited when I figured out how to do finishers just so I could do the Diamond Cutter on EVERYONE.

We played the poo poo out of that game back in college. Battle Royal was our jam.

Whoever got to be Sting in the middle of it was the luckiest person, 'cause it would cut away from the ring and show him coming down from the rafters. And we'd all yell "OH MY GOD! IT'S STING!"

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I actually had a tie in an exhibition match earlier today. I'm kind of proud of that.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I just got my fifth UR card this morning. Four of them are Andre.

I'm tempted to put all of them in my team.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I just dumped a batch of cards--including a rare support and a rare pro Curt Hennig--into training one of my UR Andres. Unfortunately, it was one at level 0, instead of the one at level 23.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

you need to do them both anyway so I don't think it really matters

I've already got one at 30. I'd accidentally dumped those cards into my 3rd (of four) UR Andres.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Well then

1: aren't you eventually combining those two as well or
2: why didn't you already feed it to something

Because I'm stupid. Or I'm considering the idea of putting both in my KOTR team.

But mostly the stupid.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Cracked the Epic tier; got The Rock. Pretty excited, especially since he's the first left-blue arrow I've drawn above rare that isn't Vince McMahon.

Now if only I could draw a Diva that's above a Rare...

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Apparently there is a big skill list thing, like springboard moves and strong whips from the past years, except that skills people can have or not have include: top rope moves, two finishers, four taunts, and all the separate OMG moves are different perks now. Sounds kind of like garbage to me.

Nonsense. What's more fun than limiting access to fun things?

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I hope they don't take away pick hoarding. It actually makes the brackets of KOTR manageable.

Also: I'm now curious if I can make it all the way to Legendary without drawing a single Diva card higher than Rare. (I'm at Epic+ right now, and that'll get a boost once I finish training the pair of Epic ADRs I just got.)

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

harperdc posted:

I'm in Ultra Rare++ and the ladder reward SR Paige cards are the first time I've gotten higher than a rare Diva card. That said, the max-leveled SR Paige by herself won't take out anyone, but bah gawd it looks like she turns into a monster when made into a Pro version. Yikes.

I'm in Epic+, and pretty close to Epic++, and these Paige cards are my first SR Divas. It'll be nice to have Diva fights that aren't an automatic loss. (I mean, I'm probably still going to lose, what with all the URs and Epics, but still...)

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

As far as I can tell, Waiting For Network will be the runaway winner.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Telex posted:

I got bad news for you.

I've been on epic++ for a while and I've never seen an Epic drop. I've got a lot of UR+ cards in my deck because I can't win a KOTR and keep getting just epics and nothing to pro them with. If I don't get the 2x Epic or better from People's Champ, I think I gotta give this game up.

I'm almost to Legendary+, and I haven't gotten an Epic drop (after my freebie.)

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Edit: pretty much exactly what epitasis said.

Further edit: I am 90% sure that Adam Rose's sunglasses were promotional items for Back to the Future 2. I think you got them at Pizza Hut.

DoctorDelaware fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2014 around 08:35

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Four hours ago I was seriously ready to give up this drat card game. I'd rocked rear end through most of the KotR, ended up in 2nd place, then lost my first match of the opening round and was scared that I'd get stuck with another Epic I didn't have a match for and I'd be stuck at Almost Legenedary KotR forever.

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) I pulled off the next two, and the second round is looking good. I'm going to get rolled in the final, but who cares.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I Before E posted:

Matt Striker, now on the Lucha Underground commentary team

I hate Matt Striker so much. I've been watching the '09/'10 PPVs recently and his commentary makes me want to throw things.

The worst part is that it won't improve after he leaves. I think Heel Michael Cole is coming up pretty soon.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Perigryn posted:

I can barely watch any Bryan matches from that era with the audio on because of how many times we have to hear "HE'S A NERRRRD!", "HE DOESN'T OWN A TELEVISION!", etc.

A while back I watched through the first few seasons of NXT. Easily the best part was the best Josh Mathews call ever, which followed one of Cole's obnoxious tirades.

"I wish they could see the way I'm looking at you right now."

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff vs. the Killer Bees.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I'm in that same boat--now a good chunk into Legendary+, and still have yet to draw another epic through exhibition matches.

On the plus side, I've collected nearly all the rare cards. Now I wish I had tried less hard in the People's Championship thing--the bottom reward was a rare Lesnar, and I just need two of those to finish out.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

The KotRs I've done on Legendary tier have been really weird. I go in, expecting to tank for Epics, and there's always so many people already doing the same thing that I end up qualifying almost on accident. I don't get very far, obviously, but in my three Legendary KotRs, I've made the 2nd round once, first round once, and the time I didn't qualify, it was because I lost the tiebreaker for the 8th spot.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Is anyone else having problems with match load times for Supercard? Since sometime last night, it's taken about 30 seconds to go from picking my opponent to the start of the match.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

The 30-second wait I'm getting before matches might actually get me to quit this game. It's giving me time to think about how I'm wasting my life.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

pressedbunny posted:

You're on a pro wrestling subforum on a comedy website.

Point.

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

It's the best. Everything is designed to be able to handle different colors and the color options are simple enough that you can always get to the one that you want.

The way they do the CAWs makes it really easy to give the regular roster updated attire as well. I don't know why it's taken so long to even get back to that one benchmark in terms of wrestling games.

The only problem I had with it was the lack of masks.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I've drawn a few URs from exhibition.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Having Bigelow and Honky Tonk Man is pretty cool. But yeah, Season Pass looks like a loser. The Warrior path might be worth it, but the other two are a solid meh.

Also, I'm not sure how many new moves were in the 2k14 moves pack (which I think was packaged with some other actual wrestlers anyway) but 30 seems a bit skimpy. Those had better be some sweet-rear end moves.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I hadn't planned on getting the 360 version for 2k15 anyway, but those cuts are a definite dealbreaker. Custom theme music and create-a-finisher are the kind of things that I didn't need until I got them, and now I want them to stay. Also, I have a guy who absolutely *needs* the "falling and rolling down the ramp" entrance.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Even the best, most natural looking created finishers looked like absolute dogshit so I'm really happy about them being removed.

I had a few that looked decent. In most cases, the simpler they were, the better they looked.

The frustrating thing about losing CAF is that there were quite a few moves that could only be set as signatures/finishers if you created them (which was extra weird when you could have those moves in your regular moveset, but wouldn't show up in the lists for finishers.)

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

This is reminding me of Rob Liefeld's Captain America.

Just watched a video of new moves for this edition. I'm pretty sure most of them are just old moves with new names. Also, there were at least a half dozen where the move didn't work--the guy would leap/dive/whatever and connect with nothing.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I've started actually using universe mode on 2k14 for the first time (it took a lot of set-up time because I can't do anything like a normal person.) Just had a match that was basically two Red Trainers wearing my CAW's clothes.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Once I finish unlocking things, I typically abandon real wrestlers for my assortment of CAWs. So...dealbreaker. Time to start waiting for 2k16.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I'm still waiting for my first Legendary Pro. I've made the brackets on that level of KOTR...looks like 11 times, with two trips to the semifinals and none to the finals. I gotta get there eventually, right?

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Sockser posted:

New People's Champion is Hogan v Andre.

Hoping this means lots of 80s cards.

e: also here's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkC811zIis

...OK, that looks pretty awesome. Makes me wish I had any kind of design skills whatsoever.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

In my last three KOTRs, I went from having no legendary pairs to having three. Time to grind for cards...

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I realize that some people would be jealous, but I'm suddenly inundated with divas. The last 3 KOTRs I've won, my prizes were 2x Legendary Nikka Bella, then 2x Legendary Brie Bella, then 2x Legendary Stephanie, then they ended the 2x Legendary prizes. Fine, whatever. Then, for my token survivor I got Rosa Mendes. I mean jeez, it's really unhelpful at this point.

I had a similar thing when I got to Legendary...got Natalya as my guarantee, then won another Natalya, a Cameron, Steph, Nikki and two Bries as assorted KOTR rewards. All this after not having drawn a single Diva since Rare.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I feel like I've been getting more URs; SRs seems to be about the same. Epic and Legendary also seem to be about the same--none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Got my first ever Survivor-tier card...and it's Layla. Since I already have two Legendary-Pro Divas, she does me no good until (a) I get a second one, or (b) this new mode they've been discussing comes out.

«4 »