Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

In the roster reveal special on the network right now, they just showed a PC DVD cover!? Has this been announced already?

The Korean ESRB board had a listing of it including a PC port, but before tonight that was the only information we had.

This is fantastic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

I'm not gonna pay $100 ($50 + $25 Season Pass + approx. $25 the rest separately) just for the rights to use Emma and JBL. Showcase Mode doesn't appeal to me at all anyway.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

This is Curtis Axel.

This is Curtis Axel in WWE 2K15.

Based on this data, I do not believe this is a faithful rendition of Curtis Axel.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Fun fact: Zack Ryder's Internet Championship is in the game, but Zack Ryder isnt.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

The newer version at least hints at the foundation of a solid franchise for years to come. It is kinda ridiculous how they didn't wait until the very last possible moment to announce the Creation Suite cuts and flatout didn't announce the missing match types, but the gameplay is the most important part. You nail that early on like the NBA 2K series did, and eventually you can tack on the features everyone likes around it. I mean, it's not like they're tarnishing the good work Yuke's did, since Yuke's did no good work.

e:

Cardboard Box posted:

there was one wrestling game that had a single dumb fan that would chant "this is awesome" by himself and i won't buy another wwe game until that makes a comeback

That's in 2K14 and I think in '13, too. Just one obnoxiously loud "THIS IS AWESOME!" fat guy shouting by himself. The guy has heart.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

This is the first one in a long time to significantly change the in-ring gameplay, beyond making striking faster or slower or w/e.

It's also the first one in the last 4 years that isn't SOLELY* developed by Yuke's. Visual Concepts have done good work with their other 2K franchise, not hard imagining they can pull it off here too.

But for now, the games aren't worth a buy at all. Especially PS3/360 version. If you're not getting the newer consoles, just stay with 2K14. Same game without any features taken out and a soundtrack free of Florida Georgia Line.

*e: vvv You're right, they do have some influence still. Not much though. Last year was still a Yuke's game with a Visual Concepts skin, this year there were actual significant changes to the formula.

Prozach fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 17, 2014

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Jubs posted:

The MLB 2K franchise was an absolute disaster filled with game breaking bugs.

And yet their NFL 2K series is still pretty heavily acclaimed to this day. Point being, they have had success with sports titles in the past, and that began when they nailed the gameplay portion down early. Not gonna deny the MLB 2K series sucked, but it's tough to compete when MLB The Show is an already near perfect baseball sim anyway.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Watching the newlegacyinc stream right now, and eeeesh. Worse than I was expecting in terms of things that were stripped.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Nut Bunnies posted:

I remember playing some match where I was against Benoit in a warehouse and I had to climb up some ungodly large ladder. It was so big that you couldn't climb it without Benoit yanking you off. It was drat impossible.

And even with that it was a million times better than WWE 12's story mode.

You mean like this?

I guess this is a good place to say that if you're curious about a career mode in any modern-ish WWE wrestling game, newLEGACYinc have pretty much played them all. The best ones from what I've watched are Raw 2 (a normally lovely game enhanced by a batshit insane career mode, but was only released on the original Xbox) and basically any game that has Road to Wrestlemania in it.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

dsriggs posted:

NewLegacyInc is doing a charity stream of Royal Rumbles or similar battle royales from 40 different wrestling games, in support of BeyondBlue, a charity helping people battling depression. They're 2 Rumbles in & they've already made $1,530.

http://www.hitbox.tv/newlegacyinc

Hopefully Lance Storm isn't a dickhead to these guys this time around...

Storm almost won the Here Comes the Pain rumble. I would've been so pissed off if he did.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

There's one longtime fan of theirs named Rezclown that has legitimately donated over $10,000 to them over the years. Today he put in multiple donations of triple digits and then immediately a gigantic donation of $900 to push it to $5000.

I mean, Jesus Christ. I really want to know what he does for a living.

Also the Wrestling MPire Rumble was batshit insane.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

gonna have to see that MPire Rumble then. Did they try to spice it up by blowing up the ring constantly?

Try starting with every weapon in the ring as the rumble began. Including guns and axes and dynamite and stuff.

I won't spoil too much, but limb loss reaches double digits.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

God, gently caress everything about Raw 2 except the career mode.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Russo won't be booking for Lucha Underground.

Dodged a bullet there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Vince Russo Suicide Joke Count on a stream for a depression charity: 2.