Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Card Game Newbie here-few questions.

1: Any grinding advice? I got up to Ultra Rare ++ in just under a week (hell yeah insomnia), but seem to be plateauing a bit as I wait for login rewards
2: Do contracts carry over when rewards expire in MITB, or does that wipe the slate clean?
3: Same, but title matches in RTG
4: Why the hell isn't there an extra-special bonus for clearing the draft board? I feel like that's a gimmie.

Given that I was a Skinner Pigeon in a previous life, this game is extremely my poo poo.

Delsaber posted:

If there was ever a time for a proper women's CAW and career modes it should be 2K18, given how the actual WWE has been pushing that division, for better or worse.

I know that asking 2K for a single functional career mode is wishful thinking , but I'd love storylines that center on individual titles. Like a meaningful and unique IC title arc, something for the cruiserweights, the ability to resurrect the Hardcore or Euro titles, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Liar Lyre posted:

WWE Champions is starting to make me mad. Mostly the VS. I never have the point advantage, and even if I do the AI gets super lucky and gets a massive combo that takes half my life. They need to have VS balanced for everyone, or else I am never going to be able to earn gold tokens.

Edit: And as soon as I start complaining I go on a winning streak. Why do I put up with this crap game?

Avoid Cena, Acrobat Del Rio and Acrobat Rollins like the plague.

Also pimp up your Cena, Acrobat Rollins and anyone NXT (I usually go Ambrose) to pair with Rollins.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

skaboomizzy posted:

Hey, so Faction Feud is kinda messed up. It won't let me heal any of my guys even after we wiped out the other team and won.

It appears bugged as poo poo. Go back to edit your team, hit autofill and it should bump a bunch of your guys out of the lineup so you can heal them.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I'm stalled out at a point where I need Kane Masks (150cash token bags and I'm getting hosed on drop rates) and/or Dolph to unlock Indy Hard.

Is there a purchase with better rates on the gatekeeper tokens (Gum, Kane's Mask, Cena Armbands, etc) than the 150bags? Or just keep grinding and waiting on vs rewards?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

skaboomizzy posted:

They just sent a message saying they'll be giving out more upgrade tokens in more game modes. Get hype!

Including a crate of 6 (8?) of the 2-star gatekeeper tokens for free. So jump on board.

I need to complain more often, clearly.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Seems like Champions really factors win streak into their matchmaking algorithms...

Over the course of an hour (and then a 45 minute wait for healthpack regen) I won 17 straight to raise my notoriety from 320 to 755. at 15 wins (659), the notoriety (and talent) of opponents shot up dramatically. From being relatively even notoriety matchups, the lowest out of the 3packs offered were 750, then 917, then 894. Now every matchup contains a 3-star opponent, I'm unable to 'seek revenge' and the lowest notoriety option is 1006.

I assume it's a rubberband to prevent what I did (sandbag your defensive pairing to hemorrhage notoriety , crazy winstreak for fame-only worth the time when the reward is shirts), but that snaps back hard.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Jenny Angel posted:

Sent a request to GoonWorldOrder as Yoleau

I feel like I'm either missing something obvious or the game hits you with a paywall quite early - is there anything I can do to get my wrestlers past 1 star gold faster than just grinding out the class dailies and hoping I get enough token drops from loot crates? I've got a little over 500 cash at the moment, is that something I could potentially use to get over this plateau, or would I need a good deal more?

The 350cash 2* token bags are good to get the 2* gatekeeper tokens (armbands/Kane's mask/yingyang/etc), but they rotate for which are available. Next best bet are the 150cash bags described up thread. Much better use of cash than buying superstars.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
For anyone who bounced off of Champions, it feels like they've seriously fixed drop rates. I'm getting 2* and 3* tokens dropping from breaking boxes in game with far more frequency (still not super often, but even at all is a big improvement).

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
800 chips, 20 health packs and 800 cash is a pretty nice surprise...

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

ToiletofSadness posted:

I feel like powerhouse characters are not well-balanced relative to the amount of damage they do and how long it takes to build up their special moves. I've got Harper and Strowman maxed out at 1 star and they'll barely escape some matches against significantly less leveled characters (especially acrobats) if I get bad draws for red gems. I pulled a 2 star Mark Henry and haven;t even bothered to level him because it doesn't feel like he'd improve my team that much.

Motu will swear by his Rusev. I've not been blessed enough to draw one, but I've got a 2* Gold Juggernaut Reigns and getting him up to gold was huge. He can absorb more damage and his lowest Red lets you choose 2 to create blast gems.

You're correct though, that Powerhouse -> Acrobat advantage is poorly balanced due to how quickly acrobats get specials.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Just did my first Hell Mode gauntlet blitz. 2* Gold Powerhouse Reigns (He actually becomes useful at 2* gold, btw) and then 2* Silver for all the other categories (3* tech blank, 2* bronze Booker for the 3rd tech, 2* HHH for evolution) . Was probably worth it, though I wish the rewards were better this cycle.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

MotU posted:

finally evolved a dude to 3* in champions, striker seth gotta get me all the 3* daily tokens now

Just in time for them to make the dailies way easier.

How'd you get all the gloves for StrikerSeth's *** evolution?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

"Why would you let people do this?!"
"I don't know, but I'm glad it exists"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There's a spot open on the LLJK SuperCard team if anyone wants it. We're at the highest tier so we get pretty good cards.

If cpig (or anyone else) is still looking to drop, I got tired of my random pubbie team. U+, daily active, and a couple wins away from a wm33 pair in tbg.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I do believe that it is literally one dude

DMickie?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

do not tempt me back into supercard with promises of hilarious brokeness

Nah, gameplay is mostly unadjusted (they appear to have downgraded Rumble because of the sandbagging element), just back end disaster. Biggest change is pvp leads to 5% "momentum bonuses" on cards (allegedly, see: backend disaster), and your mitb queue is now 5.

I still can't latch on to a good team/faction. I'm currently with an Italian one because the chat amuses the hell out of me. Enough goons left on this nonsense that it's worth starting a new one?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

The Croc posted:

This is how its going now sadly they found a new way to gouge on yearly sports titles beyond ultimate team modes.

Thing is gamers will moan but then will still justify spending into it.

It also means that you're basically paying $60 for the honor being slightly-improved AI for the whales in any PvP mode.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Tato posted:

Just a comprehensive book taking a look at every wrestling video game ever made, up to WWE 2k18, including unreleased games, games featuring wrestlers, interviews with some developers, etc. Every game gets at least half a page, but most have several page write-ups. Just an astounding number of games I never knew existed for obscure overseas computer platforms.

But does it have the GOAT, Socko's WWF Sim?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Basic Chunnel posted:

The dream is a game that is easier to play than TEW but allows for the same competitive mode of booking cards to top your rivals, doing the best you can with what you have in terms of roster, making your own top guys etc. I understand that HCTP came closest to this with its brand split GM mode.
MDickie may not be the hero we deserve, but he's the one we need right now.

For all of its many, many, many, many flaws, his promoter/booker mode is still the most fun I've had with promoter/gm/booking games. And the career mode is second only to Socko's, which I lost a few new laptops back but proves that "rock paper scissors but punchsport" is a timeless formula, even when programmed in Basic.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

kdrudy posted:

With Wrestling Empire coming to Steam sometime this year it looks like MDickie was finally able to get Wrestling Revolution 2D released on there as well.

quote:

MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION
The developers describe the content like this:

Sporting violence, which may escalate to the use of weapons and produce gore.

"May":lol::lol:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Does anybody have the download for the old as hell "socko's wwf sim" that was (I think literally) in Basic?

Still the best career mode I ever played.

ETA: wrestlers had a stat for strength, speed, and weight that controlled move success likelihood and if you didn't win a belt, your stats would rerandomize every couple months. You selected moves by entering the a number based on the prompt (which changed depending on running/in the corner/headlock/out of the ring/grounded)

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 16, 2021

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I see that they still have that star system which encourages long, drawn out one sided matches

"MDickie has a cool mechanic in his game that we don't" - fine, understandable, just make sure you make it unjanky when you steal it

"We took MDickie's concept and implemented it worse than he did, it's terrible in execution" - scientists had long thought this was only a theoretical outcome

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

shiksa posted:

wrestlers should have ovr for ppl who want to do sims and efeds or have a single player challenge and be flattened for online/local multiplayer so ppl can play their favorites, everyone's happy
Legitimately, having a tuned and balanced set of 10(?) wrestlers for competitive online play, enabling CAW and the full roster for unranked online play, and shifting career mode to a FIFAesque system where you unlock set upgrades based on counting achievements so your playstyle determines your skill development seems like the optimal solution but will also please nobody soooooo

Eta: The ten wrestlers are different attires of Brock and Roman.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Est 2019

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Angry_Ed posted:

Fight Zombies, wind up on a desert island, play soccer, engage in a Time War, star in the next Jackass movie...
I'd love a minigame with the bigbumpz engine inverted - inflict as much damage with unsafe moves and landings through objects as possible.

It's how I play the normal mode, but it doesn't give me extra points for it.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

algebra testes posted:

I'm addicted to Journey of Wrestling.

Booking 1996 WCW like it's AJPW is working really well, actually.

edit: although some of this wrestler ratings are pretty off. The AI has run a really hot Warrior/Austin feud with ***** matches every night which seems a little implausible.
Oh, look, someone made a game specifically to manipulate my brainworms.

Strong recommend on this... best way I can describe it is a rebuilt Promotion Wars, with a fantasy draft functionality.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Answers Me posted:

Is TEW2020 worth getting if you’ve already got 2016? I’ve got the urge to play it again, but I always end up regretting it because I sink way too much time into it without making much progress, so not sure if the upgrade is worth it.

Any improvements to the UI or whatever that make it quicker to play would probably swing it for me…
I'd see if journey of wrestling scratches the itch, honestly. It's deeply, deeply basic but still has just enough to trick me into yearslong saves.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

apophenium posted:

Trying to get into Journey of Wrestling but I'm a weirdo who doesn't want to book for real companies (right now anyway). Are there any good scenarios with robust fake companies/rosters? Should I just continue from the tutorial?
I've not seen a fake scenario I'm really fond of, so I tend to go with historical eras and do a fantasy draft (or for a 'challenge', draft only for myself and cap at 450 popularity or whatever). You can 'generate' competitors and (if you select a custom starting company) your own roster too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I'd be nervous about picking it up on PS4, despite best intentions it'll be tough to make a game perform well on a system 2 generations old.