Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

I don't know if I'd go so far as saying 2 industries. The WWE's content really doesn't matter when it comes to a good game because a good developer could do something just with the IP. And I don't think it's the whole game industry. I think it's 2k and sports developers in general. I'd love to see what a company like Capcom, or Sucker Punch or Rockstar or Insomniac could do with it. The fact that sports games have gotten monopolized is the exact reason they became unfun. When I was young I would buy football, basketball and hockey games and I don't even like sports. But it didn't matter because they were fun. Those days are over.

WWE’s content doesn’t matter, but WWE’s desire to collect annual revenue from a video game license does. I hope AEW will be more willing to space their out their releases to make sure the games feel right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If the game is even remotely good, I hereby pledge to buy every single piece of DLC available at full price

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

First Kenny drove out Cody now it’s their own video game developer? Tony’s gotta get Kenny to chill!!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1/16, i wish people would stick to the 5 star system

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

W

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i'm bummed it wasn't an epic store exclusive

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/aewgames/status/1590073080717905921?s=46&t=U9AXXvsN_0RJpiPElkQhcg

Maybe no gamepass??

Sounds like a release date announcement soon

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

So WWE 2k23 is coming soon which means we're in the part of the cycle where 2K posts a bunch of entrances and people are like "AH YEAH THEY FINALLY MADE IT GOOD" and then the actual game comes out and it's the same poo poo as always

https://youtu.be/T_Gk7P1fKlY

They didn’t even make the entrances good this time

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It blew my mind when I found out they shut down the servers to the older WWE 2k games pretty soon after the new game comes out.

Why would you ever give your money to them for bullshit like that

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CarlCX posted:

The same reason people are still paying Bungie for Destiny 2 expansion packs that will be taken away from them within two years: We love shiny rectangles and are willing to put up with too much bullshit when they're the right rectangles.

But Destiny 2 is a good and fun game

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

excited for a non terrible wrestling game to come out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fit em all up in there posted:

Is WWE 2K22 worth $15 on pc ? Last WWE Game I played was 2K16.

My understanding is they take the servers down pretty soon after the new game comes out which is in a few weeks. I personally wouldn’t buy a game with such a limited lifespan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wait is vince really a playable character in 2k23

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Fight Nukem Forever

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

I never got to play No Mercy until like 2018 due to not having an N64 so I don't have that connection to it like a lot of people do (as I mentioned, my childhood game was the SYM/HCTP duology) but I did like that it didn't check the various story mode routes at all so you could have like Viscera challenge for the Cruiserweight title or whatever.

What's the magic thing that people want to recapture from No Mercy? I know the controls and stuff are a lot different but did it make the actual minute to minute gameplay very different? Like to me the big thing I miss is the way the PS2 games felt so much I guess looser? Like you only had a few grapple moves but you could do them all easily and people would bounce around and there weren't as many like gates on what you can do? Like throwing someone out of the rumble or off the cell wasn't a scripted scene it just happened in the physics engine. You could just spam 5 finishers right at the start and then fall off a helicopter.

It’s the controls for me. It was perfectly simple and nearly every other wrestling game I’ve played feels like absolute dogshit in comparison

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kvlt! posted:

I will pay $60 for the Stokely Hathaway DLC

it's a monthly subscription. same price

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

I assume this is BS. How can you preload a game that isn't even on sale?

Unless it's Day 1 Game Pass and they figured out a way to find it. If that's the case we'd prolly get it tomorrow or Thursday morning.

But I think someone is trolling.

I opened the Xbox app and I have the option to “Download to Console” right now

Dishwasher posted:

All the waffling about release dates and delays reminds me of the good old N64 days where the release date would literally be "It's done when it gets to your town/local Blockbuster Video but gently caress you this date is gonna say 'Winter This Year' for two years."

My local GameStop probably loving hated me when I called twice a week to find out when No Mercy was coming out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

street fighter 3 3rd strike didnt have entrances and its the best game ever

Dustin Rhodes should start painting both sides and do one red and one blue

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Looks great, can’t wait to play it *does the Ricky starks pose*

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=915VXjd4Ta4

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STONE COLD 64 posted:

They have a community creations component for what its worth.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

It means instead of downloading some dude's Kurt Angle CAW you'll get a text file off reddit that says "to make Kurt Angle use face 11, hair 3, singlet 16..."

This has to he done because the N64 PS4 doesn't have Internet access. Buy our DLC.

Are you mad about the game I can’t tell

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

Is it? Fight Forever is $60 on Amazon and shows no sign of being the elite edition, or being able to downgrade. May I ask where you're seeing it cheaper, ideally for ps4?

We live in the era of $70 games and we should be thankful to Tony for blessing us with a retro priced $60 game

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Captain Foo posted:

lol those goobers playing the skateboard match were annoying but the game looked fun enough!

take away this poster's side bread DUDE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

super macho dude posted:

Fight Forever looks like a good time, I'm just concerned about the lack of info so far about CAWs and whether or not they can be used in the storymode.

Good news!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That sounds incredible

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

The existence of Stadium Stampede mode is kinda funny to me, given the rest of the game's design ideology. Trios matches? Hardly trad. Community Creations? Can't be done, never has. Shipping the actual roster? Not really what the founders wanted is it?

Anyway here's the live service fortnite game. Daily sale, kiddos! 80 loot crates for the price of 100!

There’s loot crates?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

I mean probably. That's the point of those games and AEW clearly isn't shy about monetizing the game post purchase so why on earth wouldn't there be. Makes no difference to me, I'm not planning to play it.

It’s the first I’ve heard of it, thank you

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

I set up a com vs com tag title match against the bucks and the game is a better booker than Tony

Interesting that you didn’t show what the match rating was…

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Finally played a match. Man that was fun. Well worth the wait.

All my friends that I used to play No Mercy with when we were kids bought it. I can’t wait to have some FF nights with them

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Me and my friends are having a blast. The game rules

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Game dev doesn't have programmers sitting doing nothing. If that's why the minigames exist, the team was too big or they could've been doing stuff related to the core game.

Ok would you rather the Minigame Programmers get laid off, it’s all they know how to do

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I played maybe an hour or two of wrestling games (mostly refunding two WWE 2k games on Steam) between No Mercy and Fight Forever. Which WWE games had the best career mode, one of the GameCube ones?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alaois posted:

Thst guy is definitely a massive freak

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I had a lot of fun playing it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I got exactly what I wanted out of it and it’s fun to dick around in multiplayer with friends every now and then. It’s not a live service game and there isn’t much to grind so it’s not surprising that most people have moved on but I don’t need every game I play to be that.

I would love a more fleshed out story mode in the sequel though

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A true visionary

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it’s never gonna get updated again but that’s ok, I’ll still buy the next one if they don’t change a drat thing about the wrestling and just add a bunch of Actual Game to use it in.

big same.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TealShark posted:

2K pushed out a patch yesterday for WWE 2K23 that apparently blocks modding.

This was my fault for buying the game on Tuesday to mod through the Humble deal (thanks for the heads-up on that, though).

the annual micro transaction hell game where they just randomly break poo poo and then turn the servers off after 18 months is so great though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/TheEvstrodome/status/1749440453529768106?s=20