Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I don't really post in PSP but I always love rasslin' games. Gutsdozer on Steam if y'all wanna play.

Behold Antihitler, purveyor of peace and love. "Ich liebe die Juden"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I wonder if Fight Forever will make OC's shin kicks into a taunt or a devastating signature move. Hoping it's the latter.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm a little concerned at the lack of CAW details, because that's often the best part of wrestling games. I hope you can do weird stuff like limb and body stretching and not just reskinning a default model.

Bard Maddox posted:

I 100% would rather play as No More BS in a video game rather than FTR. FTR aren’t really “video game wrestlers” if that makes sense, the best things about them are things that couldn’t translate. now video game JR talking about Paul’s carcinogenic, frying pan hands? now that’s badass
I can't find it now, but I once compiled a list of all the descriptors of Big Show from JR and Taz. He had tree trunk legs, a refrigerator torso, carcinogenic frying pan hands, and my favorite, a "typewriter-like head". There were a few others for his arms/feet/etc. - IIRC you could replace every body part with their descriptions and have this insane monstrosity of a wrestler with no human flesh left. I always wanted to make that as a CAW but no system would allow it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
That's just playing as Toryumon-era M2K

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Most likely you'll be able to trade created files anyway, at least on PC. Hopefully there are a good enough amount of CAW slots to make that viable though.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I kinda want to see Hideo Kojima's take on a wrestling game.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

MotU posted:

drat no gamepass is a bad idea

On the plus side it also probably means they're not doing a battle pass thing for their content either.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm sure they'll do DLC packs, but that's different. Battle passes are taking over everything and they're terrible. You have to grind even for the poo poo you paid for.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Is it just not possible to preorder a digital PC version of Fight Forever on Amazon? I have a $50 gift card from last Christmas that I never spent, but the only options are for physical copies with several days estimated for shipping.

I'd buy a Steam card instead, but $50 Steam cards on Amazon are... $75 for some reason.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Ah, thanks. It listed the release as later this month, but apparently that was just a placeholder date.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Wrestling Games Thread: Bad Bunny will be a Pre-Order bonus

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Kvlt! posted:

just tell the esrb its a game about robots and thats a special future type of oil thats red

I saw a city bus leaking hydraulic fluid from the ceiling once, and it looked exactly like blood, so you're not far off.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

CarlCX posted:

The same reason people are still paying Bungie for Destiny 2 expansion packs that will be taken away from them within two years: We love shiny rectangles and are willing to put up with too much bullshit when they're the right rectangles.
They haven't vaulted anything since the Year 2 campaign, aside from the seasonal content.

Speaking of which, I need a game to have a robust enough CAW and create-a-fed system that I can make Destiny into a wrestling promotion. If only they'd allow cool VFX for supers and finishers.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

CarlCX posted:

I hope this continues, but I do not have a great deal of faith.
They've said they don't have to anymore because file size bloat is much less of a problem since they changed the way content delivery works. A few years back they had everyone re-download the game at about half the file size when they changed all the lighting and re-did a bunch of stuff, so it's basically D3 now, or at least 2.5

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Any story that could be written for a wrestling game would pale in comparison to Chocolate Drop. The devs know that, so they never put it back.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm hoping for third-party skeleton mods so you can explode people's bodies like the Truck Shepard episode of Monster Factory.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

haunted bong posted:

Where’s the slider that has them teleport into the crowd, jitter around due to collision bugs, and then get rocketed into space to come crashing down into the ring

Someone please post that one clip of Big Show becoming a half-ladder man, zooming off into the crowd, then slowly walking back from the void and his legs turning into noodles as he crosses the barricade. It's my favorite nL clip ever.

edit: thank you :allears:

Bonk fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 11, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
GCW should do what AEW did with Fyre Festival/Fyter Fest and call it Fyte Forever instead.

It worked for 'Rhyno' back in the day.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

It's so bizarre how even their video game campaigns drill into your fictional character's head that "whatever you did before WWE doesn't matter, we're the best, it's a different story here, nowhere else matters, even my several years in Japan don't matter, you're in for a wake-up call here in the big leagues, kid!" And that's just the Performance Center.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Ganso Bomb posted:

No Mercy isn't even the superior US N64 wrestling game. It's honestly pretty bloated, IMO, and the true best game out of the AKI series in the states is WCW/nWo Revenge.

Counterpoint: "dig dig diggity, dig diggity dawg"

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Dishwasher posted:

(Hahahahahahaha UHH!)

"It's the year 2000. What do kids like?"
"Uh... Socko, and... Beavis and Butthead?"
"Didn't that come out like 7 years ago?"
"Just... Just put it in the song."

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
he comes out to a banjo rendition of Separados

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
What about the version of Randy when he was a literal snake who slithered around the ring before they ditched that after a couple weeks because it was stupid?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
In a bizarre turn of events, Fight Forever 2 will be released before Fight Forever 1.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Gaz-L posted:

Perhaps the game is the 'debut' on the first episode of Collision.

What if Collision IS the game and the 2nd show is all game footage

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
In the old footage everyone kind of looked weightless, but now it looks really good. The hit detection looks much snappier than the old trailers.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Pff, I bought Chrono Trigger on SNES for $80 in 1995. That's like 600 Todaybucks.

I'm gonna play story mode so I can see the timeline that should've happened: AEW Champion PAC.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Is there no preorder for Steam/PC?

I assume we'll just get a bunch of DLC characters on the store then.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Testekill posted:

I'll probably end up buying Fight Forever on the Xbone and then eventually on PC when it gets cheap and mods are there as I can imagine the modding community doing some fun stuff.

AEW Fight Forever: Somehow it's Skyrim Now

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I always wanted a "create a match" simulation feature where you could cinematically determine all the moves and camera angles. Has any game ever tried to do that? If not, I feel like that's an untapped market. You could theoretically do it all yourself, but it'd be a much bigger pain in the rear end.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is how I'd describe it. I actually prefer the freedom and granular control you have over the CAWs appearance in the 2K games because I like creating freakshows, but you have to really like and want to sit around in the creation suite for a long time like I do. 2K incentivizes that by making the wrestling part super boring so you're looking for other things to do. FF is the opposite.
There's definitely a balance in between. You could make some absolutely insane looking freaks in some of the SDvR games. My CAW in I think either '06 or '07 only took about 15 minutes, and it was a huge green wizard with one jacked arm and one tiny arm who would run across the ring on his toes like a ballerina.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Seems like Stadium Stampede is going to be Fortnite with wrestlers, which... I don't hate, tbh

Powerbombing someone out of a shrinking circle to eliminate them sounds fun as hell

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm getting it on Steam specifically for the mod potential, console players in the mud

Also lol that the Hardys stock music they've been using since the 90s still has a licensing issue.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

projecthalaxy posted:

Out of curiosity, I went and looked up who you get for that season pass money and it's the following 25 wrestlers:
Imagine paying money for B-Fab

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

projecthalaxy posted:

he lost the belt at longhorn steakhouse cause he got distracted eating 40 cakes.
and that's terrible

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
FYI if you're using the 2game link: Discount code WARIO64 gives you an additional 10% off.

I bought the basic edition because I want to see how good it is before getting any extras. So far just adding a few extra wrestlers and mini-games doesn't feel worth the price hike for the upgrade, but I assume I'll be able to get those in a pack anytime in the future.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Hell yeah, Malakai's got his Amenra theme. :black101:

Instrumental loop, but still rad.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Remembering that time Sting fought a big Cum Truck in a Lights Out match on AEW Dark.

There was a lengthy skateboarding sequence and Meltzer rated it 7 stars.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

projecthalaxy posted:

I knew the exploding barbed wire death match wouldn't go 30 real life minutes before the bomb but I wasn't expecting... two.
The explosion doesn't actually end the match so I'm fine with it, because having to avoid the ropes all the time in a wrestling game for any more than 2 minutes is less fun.

Gaz-L posted:

Game dev doesn't have programmers sitting doing nothing. If that's why the minigames exist, the team was too big or they could've been doing stuff related to the core game.
Game development has a pipeline, and if parts of the pipeline get jammed (delays, changes, corporate fuckery, etc.), there's only so much the teams can work on the core game before they have to work on something else in the meantime. If the current deliverable is done until the pipeline is clear, they don't just idly work more on the already compiled version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I can't tell if I have mild misophonia or if they deliberately made the chewing sounds during the restaurant scenes extra gross.