Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

smashpro1 posted:

I hope that leaderboard spots become less fluid when it gets closer to the end. I don't want to go to sleep when there's a few hours left worrying about whether or not I'll get the pair of Epic Brocks.

If it's anything like the last pointlessly grindy bullshit I tried (the Marvel game) it gets more intense at the last minute rather than less. That one had a time limit to how much you could do in a certain amount of time though and I guess there's no p2w component for this thing so maybe that won't happen.

I doubt it though. If these people have time to grind out 1,000+ games in a day on the first day, I'm pretty sure they're going to grind out the same amount or more on the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Sono posted:

$0.10 per match for double points can rack up when it's less than a minute per match.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Yeah you're probably boned if you don't do that, at least to some extent. It'll be fun to see how far you drop if you don't grind like crazy the last couple hrs and/or not boost the points.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

gently caress YOU RARE TYSON KID IN ULTRA RARE +. GIVE ME A loving ULTRA RARE THAT ISN'T A GODDAMNED LADDER.

I've given up. I'm leveling up two more of my three extra SR Vince McMahons. And half-heartedly leveling up a rare Undertaker to pro up.

I got bad news for you.

I've been on epic++ for a while and I've never seen an Epic drop. I've got a lot of UR+ cards in my deck because I can't win a KOTR and keep getting just epics and nothing to pro them with. If I don't get the 2x Epic or better from People's Champ, I think I gotta give this game up.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

KidneyKai posted:

Does anyone else feel remorse when they have no option but to feed a bunch of cards, that got them so far, to superior ones?

Rare Pro R-Truth
Rare Pro Justin Gabriel
Rare Pro Eva Marie
Super Rare Eddie Guerrero
Super Rare Pro Mr. McMahon

You all did well.

No, because feeding a maxed out pro jacks your new superstar up to almost max level. It's glorious.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

you get a second rare Paige at 200 games

but the cards necessary to level the cards is the thing here.

there are a lot of people who seem to have bought their way to leveled up cards, without having played the games necessary to feed the cards.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Just realized I have a KOTR set to start the bracket at 7AM.

Ugh.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

anyone in the 5000-20,000 rank right now and can give me a rough idea of how much grind I have left to do? I'm at 30k right now, hopefully I can grind out enough to hit the divas.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

well, 107 points gets you around 24k. Not good enough.

I vaguely feel that I could have done better here, it doesn't look like 20k was an unreachable thing, but didn't get any time to grind it out today and spent the last hour getting back to 24k from 32k.

Back to cheesing UR KOTR I guess, because a team full of UR Pros doesn't win you poo poo in Epic KOTR when people cheese it using a two legendary setup.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

cams posted:

sorry bro =[

you're a total oval office, but I find it refreshing that you're doing it wrong at least.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Toshimo posted:

What's the bare minimum to advance to Epic? I haven't succeeded in pulling any URs except my guaranteed one, so I've got 3 unpaired ones that are generally worse than my Pro SRs. I'm about 85% into UR++, but it seems like I'll need a Pro UR or two to get my guaranteed epic.

PS: gently caress ladder Paige. It's such a stupid gate.

3x SR Pro and 1 UR got me to Epic with probably the Rare Pro Eva. I forget what my diva was.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Toshimo posted:

I really hope you mean that UR was pro, cause otherwise, wtf?

I don't know, probably not. I'm pretty sure I've never got an UR to drop outside of a KOTR, so that was probably my "congrats you're in Ultra Rare" drop.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I've got SR Pro Andre, Mark Henry, Big Show and UR (non pro) Big show with the Paige SR Pro and mine barely tips Epic. (just checking because I was pretty sure roughly what I had before).

ONe of those dudes is sandbagging you at least. I know the Sandow is not the best card in the UR tier, you'd be better off maxing out something with a little more rating power.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

just made it to Epic++. do any Epics drop here or is it as useless as the first two ranks?

Completely useless.

I'm at 4500 games and I've had 3 UR's drop and that's the best I've seen out of exhibition.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

Indeed, there are always two energy cards. Odds are you'll get them both before wiping the board; just playing matches for the energy cards is more efficient than swapping your KotR teams back-and-forth.

uh what?

I don't think you get how to cheeze KOTR.

You put in 4 commons. These are your tag teams. You don't ever have to swap them but gently caress it why not.

You put in your 4 best cards. 2 in the solo spots, 2 on the bench. Get a second diva that's good enough to maybe win some games. Every 2 hrs, you log in for less than 30 seconds and swap the teams.

When you wake up, you use 3 energy to refil your "A" team. Rinse, repeat. Tryhard when you get to the bracket. Unless you're just super weak on your best cards, you should win roughly 2/3 of your games. If you're really over-doing it, you probably will win against everyone that isn't doing what you're doing which in my last two was 1 dude.

It's absolutely not worth your time unless your time is fairly worthless to grind out energy during a KOTR. The system as-is is kinda busted.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Exhibition is only for getting cards to feed to your players.

Once you give up and come to that realization, the game is okay. Never expect to get a single usable card from exhibition, because the chances of you getting a second to pro whatever you got the first time while it's still relevant for you to use it is absurdly low. It's already something like 1/1000 for UR cards, I assume it's 1/5000 for Epic and maybe 1/10,000 for Legendary. No proof, but considering the drop rates people have mentioned elsewhere, you should just abandon hope.

Play KOTR, just always chain run the thing. Play Exhibition for energy and boosts and when you need cards to feed something if you get a useful pair from KOTR. The whole 100 card limit really curbs the usefulness of Exhibition anyway, since at some point you end up wasting cards feeding things you will never play and the return from feeding a higher level card is not 1:1 with what you put into it so you lose some when you do that.

In theory if you do it right, you'll get at least an A-team you can start to level up in 2 weeks of not even playing the game very much and then grind a People's Champ weekend to feed the stuff you got from the last 2-3 KOTRs and that's basically the game.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Toshimo posted:

You will never get a UR or better from exhibition/PCC. Those are only for getting fodder cards. You will only get UR or better from KotR and you should have an active KotR at all times.

Hasn't anyone come up with a solid drop rate?

Rare 1/25 (duh)
Super Rare 1/100
Ultra Rare 1/1000
Epic 1/???
Legendary 1/???

I've got around 6k matches, I've now seen I think 8 UR drops happen for me in exhibition. I would suspect that each + in each bracket doesn't boost things significantly and UR at Epic++ is maybe down to 1/500 at best. The problem is that with so many UR cards in the catalog, the math of getting a 1/500 (or worse) drop to happen again (53 cards) is so lovely that you can't actually rely on it for progression.

Even further mucking it up are the boosts that take away a potentially useful drop when you're maxed on them. I assume they're just at Rare rarity with the frequency in which they drop, but who knows.

Also the card picking matrix is most likely fake. You're just doing a random roll whenever you flip a card, location doesn't matter although it's more fun to tap a card rather than just let the CPU show you the next two cards you were going to get and go through a board flipping reset thing so you feel as if you made a choice when you really are just getting randomly generated rewards with a safety barrier at the 25th reward to make sure RNG doesn't totally hose you.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

AlbertRayon posted:

I am completely stuck until I can get a better Diva. I've got 2 Pro UR Rocks, a Pro UR Mr. McMahon, a Pro UR Lesnar, 1 Epic Lesnar and the ladder Pro SR Paige. It looks like the only way to advance is to sandbag to get into UR KOTR and hope that a diva pair eventually comes out of it.

Well, to get into Legendary exhibition, you (I guess) have to at least pair an Epic, because I have UR Pro Mysterio, Jake the Snake, Cory Rhodes, Dean Ambrose and Naomi and I'm not at Legendary yet. I crush Epic++ right now since everyone's got that SR Pro Paige.

There's a bit too much rating variation I think, when I can have a full UR Pro lineup and not hit Legendary.

Gonna just keep sandbagging UR KOTR until I get a pair of Macho Mans or something to bump the ratings into Legendary.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

being at epic++ with an UR Pro Naomi is a nearly guaranteed win vs everyone with the SR Pro Paige.

It's pretty sweet. I may never get to Legendary, but I can sure farm energy fast.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

My utter disgust for these practices and the complete outrage of asking consumers to pay what, $45 for it all, on top of pre-ordering at full price for Sting, is at odds with my desire to be able to use Paige, DDP, Regal and Emma.

You don't get to be outraged AND buy the game.

Speak with your wallet, otherwise your seething hatred is useless because buying it and the things justifies their doing it. Let 'em tank a year and eat it and realize that it's a poo poo way to market a game that doesn't have episodic content that's more or less optional.

It's one thing to add on Skyrim missions when you can buy the game and not the DLC and still have the whole game for the most part. It's another to have a game that doesn't REALLY have the same sort of content delivery while playing it, and then parcel it out into $85-200 worth of bits. Speak with your cash, which is to say, buy something else with it.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

harperdc posted:

I mean I know it's an upgrade over my current UR Pro (Jack Swagger) but still.

Just entered another UR KOTR. Trying to get a top-10 pair to be more competitive.

I've won 5 UR's in a row now, and each time I get a pair that's below my current team in rating. Every time.

It's like the game wants me to quit and I'm pretty close to obliging. i'm a top 10-pair away from Legendary, but the game won't give me a break.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Has anyone ever determined how much the stat boosts actually help? I've never seen any actual in-game numbers.

Also it's amazing to me how many times I see people using them before the playoffs even start. I was 1-1 up against another 1-1 and he dropped all four against me. :psyduck:

I thought it was 10%.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

Being asked to pay an additional £20, $40 or whatever in order to be granted access to parts of a disc you already bought is an ongoing outrage.

The fact that you frame the concept like this shows your disconnect from the reality of how games are made and pretty much invalidates your entire argument.

You'd buy it if it weren't ON the disc? Even though there's a 99.999% chance the content was done at the same time as the game development in the first place, because that's how software development from pretty much every developer that hires people on a per-project contract basis works, you do realize right?

The fact that it's on a disc shouldn't come into the argument. Additional content is a design strategy. You suckers keep paying for it. They'll keep making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

You need medication.