Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Finished my KOTR last night, also won two SR Hogans. Currently my roster is Triple H, Rey, R Truth, Hogan, and Natalya, all Rare Pro. Leveling them up a decent amount got me into the first tier for Ultra Rare, which got me an Ultra Rare Swagger on my first board. So, after I get all my current Rare Pros to max level, gotta work on leveling/combining those SR Hogans and then leveling UR Swagger.

I am addicted to this game.

Why doesn't it have CM Punk :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ugh, I hosed up. Got my SR Pro Hogan and SR Pro Vince maxed, then I was gonna start leveling up my Ezekiel Jackson pair (which is one of the higher rated SR cards for some reason) and instead I accidentally combined my level 0 Jacksons. Ugh. I like keeping all my cards of the same triangle color to make it more versatile (two lefts and two rights or two ups and two downs).

Oh well. I've got an SR pair of Batista and Brock so maybe I'll go all yellows with Batista, Brock, Big Show, and Swagger.

This game is controlling my life.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bhester posted:

There aren't any Ezekiel Jackson cards, though?
I meant Xavier Woods. Both have end of alphabet letters. Whatever.

Hulk Hogan/Vince McMahon best tag team of all time.

What decides level of opponents I am matched up against? My wins/losses or rarity ranking?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, that link lead me to this

quote:

1.) Choose a Diva with decent base stats(Ideally 3 or 4 stats that are at least 70)
2.) Begin training that diva
3.) Play Exhibitions and obtain a second copy of the card
4.) Train the first card to it's max level
5.) Combine the cards to get the Pro version
6.) Level up the card to your hearts content
Do you really only need to level up one of the cards you are combining to get the max value? I've been maxing both cards before combining, have I been wasting training?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hit the SR wall today as well. All 4 Wrestlers are SR Pro MAX, Diva is Rare Pro MAX, got nothing on hand I can improve my deck with. Grinding exhibitions has little point atm.

Whelp game was fun while it lasted.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Borrowed Ladder posted:

How does anyone win King of the Ring? Do you wake up in the middle of the night to charge your guys/switch out your deck? Because I'm not that dedicated.
I have only had one King of the Ring where I didn't finish first or second (honestly to me I don't give a gently caress about finishing first over second, give me my pair) so I am obviously the best in the world.

First off, be that jerk who only has commons and uncommons on his bench to stack your main lineup. Though I honestly don't know if this is great in all situations. For instance, right now my KOTR team is JUST BARELY in the Ultra Rare tier. I don't know if they separate KOTR tiers by just the rarity, or if it matters how far into that rarity you are. But really, it doesn't matter to me, because I think it is super, super easy to make it to the contender's bracket and make it to the finals without a useful bench.

First, making the contenders bracket is insanely easy and all it requires is like 15 energy cards. To make it to contender's bracket, just check in once every 6-10 hours and refill all the energy on your guys. So, log in, use all your energy cards, play exhibition to get your energy cards back, boom. You're set for a while.

Once you make it to the contender's bracket, USE YOUR BOOSTS IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS. The way I do it is make sure my guys are at full energy using all 4 boosts in the first game of the first round. If I win, I'll just leave them alone and see if they win the second game moving me on to the next round. If they don't, I'll refill my team's energy and use all 5 boosts to make sure I win 2/3. Same thing for the next round. The key here is to just make it to the finals. Obviously if you REALLY care about getting that support card for first place, then yeah use your energy cards to refill and use boosts in the finals. To me, I just want my pair so I'm cool with second place.

Prior to winning my first Ultra Rare KOTR, my only Ultra Rares were a Shawn Michaels (doooope) and Swagger (boooo) but non-pro cards tend to be worthless unless they are a full two tiers above where you are. I've since won a pair of Chris Jericho Ultra Rares and a pair of Kane Ultra Rares. I got unlucky with my free Epic card (support card, ugh) so right now I'm just grinding until I can get a full lineup of Ultra Rare Pros, hoping I get some epics along the way until I can do Epic KOTR.

I'm still crippled by my Diva being a Rare Max Pro Eva Marie, but getting Divas is rare so I'm just praying in there. But yeah. Once you hit the Ultra Rare tier (Super Rare honestly, but you have at least a moderate chance of getting Super Rares from exhibitions) your only real way to advance is gonna be doing KOTR and making it to the finals, so do that. Though now that I've given away my super great strategy to victory I expect more competition keeping me from what I deserve.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sono posted:

I'm starting to feel bad for the people who didn't get the memo about maxxing before combining. My maxxed pro SR Andre just crushed another maxxed pro SR Andre that had over 100 fewer points in every stat.
I saw an Epic Pro the other day that got beaten by my UR Pro, so I can only imagine that person had not maxed them first.

Such a waste.

Also I'm sure this isn't a newsflash to people who have played a lot of these micropayment games before, but HOLY poo poo at the amount of people who have dropped at LEAST a hundred dollars to get Epic/Legendary cards early. Especially the ones who have played such a small amount of games that it makes you wonder why you would spend that much money.

IT IS $25 PER CARD.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Apparently the left half of the blue diamond is a myth.
I have won 3 KOTRs since hitting Ultra Rare and all 3 of them have been lefts. Kane, Edge, and Chris Jericho.

Pulled an Epic Naomi last night as well, so my team is looking pretty legit at the moment. Once I finish leveling up and combining the UR Edge, my weakest link is gonna be my Max Pro SR Hogan.

I'm tempted to try and enter an Epic KOTR by actually putting decent cards on my bench but entering a KOTR and not making it to the finals feels like the biggest waste of time in the universe. Then again, even just making it to the contenders bracket gets you an Epic card, I think.

God I really enjoy this game.

smashpro1 posted:

It's weird how many people in Epic tier have untrained Commons in their deck.
There are a shitload of people who spent tons of money on this game only to play like 40 games and then drop it, it seems.

Oh, also, a tip for people who may not have found this out yet. If you feed a high level (training-wise) card to another, it will actually give a SHITTON of XP, relative to how fed the food card was. So you can feed your old, maxed out cards to your newer cards to get a huge boost on XP. This also means that if you are out of actual useful cards to train, it's not a bad idea to just train another card in the meantime to use as food later.

I don't know how much XP you're actually losing here, but for example, I fed my Max Pro Rare Natalya to my UR Edge last night and it bumped him from level 1 to level 27 (I think. It may have been my Max Pro SR Vince that got him to 27.)

cams fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 13, 2014

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sono posted:

I didn't see anything definite, but it seems like a pro of any given level is only slightly more effective than a non-pro - so you're better off not combining and using the two non-pros instead.
Oh really? I thought it was decided that feeding a Pro gave about 10% more than the two cards would give on their own combined.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

It does at level 0, but I think he means that you lose some of the XP value you got from levelling when you turn a maxed pair of cards into a pro.
Ah, my bad. Yeah, this is correct.

The Goog posted:

Let's give this a practical application: I have a Rare John Cena, trained to Level 19, that I've been using as an extra tag team guy in my KOTR deck. When I eventually outgrow him, I would be better to use that Cena for training fodder right away, rather than waiting for another Rare Cena to combine him with. Correct?
Yes, this is accurate. Though if you're like me and committed to (trying) to complete the card catalog for no reason beyond insanity, you'll combine them anyways :V

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mayostard posted:

I don't know if it's true for all epic tier cards, but as I went to set my ipad down, I noticed my epic Brie Bella reacts to the gyro sensor.
My epic Naomi does this too holy poo poo the future is here

cams
Mar 28, 2003

edit: nm im dum

GOTTA GRIND TO GET MY LEGENDARY CENAR

cams
Mar 28, 2003

They at least did a good job of not giving people cards before they'd have access to them. I'm at just over 4000 games played and currently all my cards are UR Pro Max or Epic, so by the time I earn the rest they won't be huge upgrades. But, neat collectors items.

I'm probably just gonna Pro Max all of them because, as someone said earlier, they have gold borders. This means something to me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'm going Team Brock and I grind this game like a crazy person, so get on the winning team.

Also, gently caress Cena. BROCKLE SNAR.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Also I don't get that post cause HBK is the best card in the game at every rarity.

If you fight for John Cena, you are my enemy and I will destroy you.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sono posted:

What are people's feelings on what counts as trash? Now that I have the SR Cenas, I can field 4 Pro SRs (after some leveling). Time to start feeding off any SR with less potential than my weakest pro SR? Del Rio, by the looks of:
I save one of of everything until I've made a Pro version, then feed it. Other than that, I'll only hold on to what I'm actively using. And sometimes I'll have cards I've been training to use as food later. And now I'm gonna be holding on to those Gold cards because I am a sucker.

But yeah, anything not actively being used/one of a kind, I feed.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

My first epic KOTR went into top 8 at 7 am today. I set my alarm (lol) and managed to do a full stamina restore and burn all my boosts for the first game. Wake up at 9:50 to find that I won the first round but lost 2 and 3 cause he was restoring stamina and using boosts each round.

My first KOTR not making it to the finals, ugh. Only one Epic card. I am a failure.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sono posted:

Congrats to 2K for creating the first pay-to-lose game. In the past hour, I've seen 6 $75 trash teams on UR++.
That's really about the spot where the "paid money, barely played" crowd tends to hover, you'll pretty much be flooded by them until you start getting late into Epic.

It's so hilarious that so many people would drop so much money on this game, especially when they've barely played it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bring Back Noid posted:

Oh good, I thought I was the only one.

When I LOSE a match it goes through just fine. After purposefully losing a game 6 times in a row, 6 times it goes through, win the next 5, 0 of them go through, there's definitely an issue here.
Yeah it's pretty hilarious. It's like they programmed in plug-pullers.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

It's kind of dumb that for 2500-1500 or whatever, you get 2 epics, and from 1500-500 you get a legendary... but a maxed pro epic beats a maxed legendary. I mean you could say something about the potential of the Legendary but meh.

Actually I just convinced myself that I'd rather have the legendary. Oh well. Currently sitting at around 1650 and, honestly, I haven't really been playing ALL day. Pretty sure I can finish this with some good reward.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sockser posted:

In less than a day there's been seven million wins in People's Champ. That's insane to me.
I look forward to WWE's new marketing strategy revolving entirely around WWE Supercard.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Lost in the semis of another Epic KOTR :(

Really a bummer, an epic pair is an upgrade for me, a lone epic is worthless. Bah.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

I've been there, you just have to keep at it and be awake for your top 8's. Managed to get lucky and find a KotR without too many ringers and made the finals once, and then in another my top 8 and out rare ended up being a 2nd Epic Bray Wyatt that I'd had from a previous tourney.
Yeah, had full energy and max boosts for each game, we ended up going 2-1 in all 3 games, him taking the latter two matches. My weak spot at the moment is that I'm just using an epic diva, which means I'm gonna lose to any UR Pro.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

smashpro1 posted:

The people on the 2K forums. They say that Cena should have won because his cards have better stats, which is a fact.
This is interesting, but on the other hand, Cena sucks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

There's really no reason to keep this UR Brie Bella I just pulled when I already have two other SR Pro Max Divas, right? Seems the odds of pulling a second one are slim.

As has been said, there's really no reason to trash the UR unless you are super anal about getting rid of cards. A second UR Brie would be not only a huge upgrade over SR Pro, it'd be better than any Epic divas as well. Definitely worth holding on to on the off chance you get a second one.

triplexpac posted:

Edit: Just got an alert saying a new People's Champion is coming soon. I hope it's Seth vs Dean :allears:
FANTASY FEUD: CM Punk vs Stone Cold

It really bums me out that I can't have a CM Punk card in this game :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

smashpro1 posted:

There's a guy in my Epic KOTR the at least three Pro Legendaries. I'm guessing he's just trying to complete his catalog.
I assume he went Solo, Solo, Diva, with both Tag Team cards common? Doing this pmuch guarantees you a first or second place finish in Epic KOTR, I've seen a post about it on the forums. Apparently devs are aware of it.

Question though, are filled was your KOTR Rarity bar when you started that KOTR? I'm trying to figure out if there are separate tiers of each difficulty or not.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gently caress

Got super lucky today and got a second Epic Stone Cold as an Exhibition reward, my first Epic pair.

Accidentally just combined it before fully maxing out the second one :( On the plus side, it was 30/35 so I didn't gently caress myself TOO bad... but since Epic Pro is my next upgrade step, that's a really stupid mistake.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SilverMike posted:

Don't think you can make it to Legendary with 5 UR Pros, unless maybe they're the ones with the best stats like Shawn?
My deck was UR Pro Kane, UR Pro Edge, UR Pro Jericho, UR Pro Wyatt, and an Epic Naomi, and I was like 75% into Epic++. So yeah, you're probably gonna need an Epic Pro or a Legendary to make it into Legendary.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Entered my first Legendary draft because I've been too lazy to farm energy in the top 8 and Legendary gets me an epic for doing zero work over two days, which is nice/

Honestly I like KOTR and would like to actually play it to try and win, but the possibility of people playing 3 Epic Pros or Legendaries and 2 Commons makes the odds of making the finals tiny. So I guess I'll just be on the free epic every two days train for a while.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Chinook posted:

I actually couldn't even make it quite that far. I had a LOT of fun with the game until I hit Epic++, and I've hit such a wall that I can't really bring myself to play it anymore. Fun while it lasted though!
Yeah, I was stuck here for a while too, and it is discouraging. I got really lucky by getting a second Stone Cold from an exhibition (already had one from a KOTR reward) which bumped up my team from Epic++ to Legendary, and that really helped my enjoyment of this game. Got Triple H as my free Legendary and now I'm off to the races. KOTRs giving a guaranteed Epic is good stuff.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Bee posted:

I thought I hopped of the wagon after 13. Don't do this to me 2K.

. . . Officially confirm the PC version and I'm in.
I'd imagine the PC version wouldn't have career mode though cause it's only in the next gen versions, right? 2K's PC releases (at least with NBA) have always been the lesser generation.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, completely by surprise, the next People's Championship mode starts tomorrow at midnight PST. It is Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton... for some reason. I'll probably be going Jericho.

It also introduces several new cards as well for each side, including Legendary Dolph and Miz, Epic Cesaro and Sheamus, a new UR Paige, and a few others, INCLUDING STARDUST (on Orton side noooooo). The prize ranges have also been heightened. Top 850 get a Gold Legendary now, top 5 get a pair. All in all, I'm pretty excited.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mayostard posted:

Looks like everything aside from the Diamond Legendary cards is available through regular picks. I just saw a guy with Legendary Miz.
Are we sure that the Diamond Legendary cards AREN'T available in this same way? I'd assumed they would be gettable, if not rarer.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Everyone on Supercard has pretty much figured out the whole "punt half of your cards so that you can have just enough cards of super high level to win" which makes playing rather frustrating. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a solution, but something really needs to be done about it. It's stupid going against 3 epic pros with a team of UR Pros.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cyberia posted:

At the beginning of the People's Champ event I was hovering around the Ultra+ / ++ tier so I tried stacking my deck with half common cards to lower my ranking and just got stomped in every match. In the end I made a team out of the strongest cards I had which edged me into Epic and, after maxing out my guaranteed Epic pick (The Rock), I am now at mid Epic tier with my strongest cards and am consistently winning even against stacked decks.

Maybe it's worse lower in the rankings but try using your strongest cards and keep playing KOTR to get more high-level cards to build up your team and you should get over the hump and into a position where you can win consistently.

My current team (all fully trained) is:

code:
- SR Pro Andre
- SR Pro Cena
- SR Pro The Rock
- Epic The Rock
- SR Pro Paige

- UR Ladder
- Rare WWE Universe
I find I lose most diva matches in Epic tier but my tag team of Rock and Cena can beat pretty much anybody, especially with a well-placed speed bost.
Nah, I'm actually in Legendary+ now. I was losing a shitload of my exhibitions because of the punting, but then I gave in and jointed the dark side and I'm winning way more. It's just dumb.

I'm about to enter an epic KOTR when I EASILY get into legendary, I fully expect to stomp.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bhester posted:

Is Stardust available as a regular Ultra Rare drop? Because I'm pretty sure I saw someone with a Stardust avatar.
Yeah, all of them are available as randoms as far as I know. I've already seen people with Miz and Ziggler cards.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Epic Pro Stone Cold I have where I hosed up and accidentally combined it before fully maxing one of the cards (level 30 instead of 35) HAUNTS ME. It's still my most powerful card but I kind of want to feed it to someone just to get it off my collection. As soon as I have 4 Epic Pros, it's getting trashed.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, my new favorite thing about PCC is that I have decided that there is NO WAY I am going to get an upgrade from it (I need top 2000 to get an epic pair), it makes it really easy to farm wins/energy cards cause I'll just pick the 1 point matches in PCC.

I actually had a pretty easy time making the top 3000 first PCC, but it seems like there is WAY more competition this time around.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Telex posted:

Back to cheesing UR KOTR I guess, because a team full of UR Pros doesn't win you poo poo in Epic KOTR when people cheese it using a two legendary setup.

sorry bro =[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jonny Angel posted:

With that kind of setup, do you just take auto-losses occasionally during prelim rounds, or do you try to farm enough energy to recharge your whole team every few rounds?
This is the first time I've done this, but I've been refilling my energy at an average rate. I'm Undertakering it right now (21-1). I checked out the guy who beat me and he had two Epic Pros and a Legendary Pro so yeah, he's gonna take first place.