Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
NewLegacyInc have started their 24 hour stream supporting Fighting Back and the Canadian Cancer Society, for anyone interested in wackiness and possibly ridiculous guests.

http://www.hitbox.tv/newlegacyinc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

AlmightyPants posted:

Is there any word if Fire Pro is gonna be more expensive when it leaves early access or not? I'm tempted to try it out having not played one ever but I'm also hesitant to buy an early access game.

I don't think the devs have mentioned a price increase, but the Newlegacy guys have been hinting at a bump to $30 or $40 and they've been talking to community managers for a few weeks. Not gospel, but it's possible. The early-access-ness of the game is almost entirely in the UI and online bugs, some of which they've already patched in 3 days.

If you haven't tried the series before, it's probably worth it now to do the mission mode tutorials and a few matches to see if you like the gameplay, which does take some time to get used to, and refund if you don't like it. Streams don't do the game's difficulty and nuance justice.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Creation question: is there anything specifically wrong with the default AI settings for created wrestlers? They seem to do fine in matches but I've seen threads that didn't like caws that didn't have AI.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Unbelievable that these guys are still finding new bugs in games from 2004.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It says worlds about the churn in WWE and the awful rotating legend rosters of these games that a 2k14 rumble feels like opening a 50 year time capsule.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Call Me Charlie posted:

Is 2k17(?) running at 75% the normal speed? Because it feels like they're fighting underwater.

Duel suffers through watching all of these marathons at regular speed as they're recorded. He'd never be cruel enough to slow one down.

(He was in chat the other day and said the Wrestlemania X8 rumble from 2015 was almost 3 hours long unedited)

Two 2k rumbles in a row is really draining though toward the end of the day.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 12, 2017

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Making the rope struggle that's a rest spot between actual stars entering the match the only way to eliminate is so awful.

Terminator was robbed.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Duel was hinting at some crazy stretch goal when he was in chat for the 2015 vod. Have they mentioned anything like that at all tonight?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The match starts with a two tables stacked on a motorcycle stacked on stairs stacked on a stretcher.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
MDickie games don't play the best, but the man understands the insanity that wrestling video games should be.

Mid-rumble promos, the Big Show stealing the announce table after breaking his arms, every elimination spot being enormous.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Andrew Everett has been marking out for half an hour and it's amazing.

His boy Obelisk has maybe 4 fingers left.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Missed the start of this rumble, is this a bug or a feature? Is there a difference in these games?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Duel is the best.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Liar Lyre posted:

newLegacy are doing a midnight release stream. Come watch them break the game on day one.

It's so wild to see that they've been streaming for 8 years on a dozen sites and have grown to something like 500 subscribers and 2000 viewers tonight.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Early review of 2k18: how do you feel about 2k17 with ambient occlusion turned waaaaay up? It's that, with cruiserweights, inexplicable slowdown, and a worse camera.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I don't understand a single one of the decisions that were theoretically made by human beings that made 2k18 the way that it is.

This might be the biggest regression ever in yearly game releases.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Simply throwing someone at the announce table on the ramp leads to an out of bounds glitch.

They don't QA these games at all.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Jack Anderson posted:

Sounds like I need to see a replay of it.

It's been a perfect nL stream of accidental glitches and "try to..." disasters. It's unreal that this is their day one. *Nothing* from the past several years has been fixed.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

dsriggs posted:

Rosemary brought him back from the dead, though

Rosemary, Dakota Kai, and Manny Faberino being part of various newLegacy storylines is just so bizarre and perfect.

And as I typed this someone named "LovesToSpooge" subscribes and Sting retires. It's a wild universe.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
nL Slip is cursed.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
REDEMPTION for Dan Buchanan!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Testekill posted:

That was the ending that the stream deserved

"Vince McMahon is a good boss to work for" -The Miz

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
NewLegacy is previewing the PS4 version of Fire Pro and will be doing some of the story, but it doesn't have online or CAW downloading enabled yet.

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

...career mode appears to have been made with the engine of those bizarre choose your own adventure dating games where John Cena falls in love with you over recess.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 12, 2018

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

dsriggs posted:

You can add voice clips to every single move & taunt your character has. Currently, there's about 36 "EAT poo poo!!!"s

And one of Tama Tonga's lines is exactly Roman's "OOOoooh-ahhhhh".

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
newLegacy has resumed the career of NL Slip/Major Jimmy and has passed $13.5k.

https://www.twitch.tv/newLEGACYinc

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The belt loosely floating in front of Pete Dunne's face and having 15fps physics is really great in 2k19 too.

https://twitter.com/repalec/status/1033421913693908993?s=19

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

if you look in the crowd you can see a shayna baszler shirt and what looks like the top of a ricochet shirt

Baszler, Dream, and Undisputed era shirts are all in the crowd.

They really should just announce the roster instead of 11 separate Daniel Bryan models.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

Speaking of Fire Pro, is the big nL thing they did up somewhere I can watch it over a few days? I wanna see all the stupid/amazing poo poo but twitch is hot loving garbage unless you have perfect internet.

They haven't posted any of the marathon on youtube yet but if you're willing to try, the most recent Brawl 4 All is at the beginning of this twitch vod.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/301872780

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Getting that full wave of partially on-disc DLC plans on twitter for goodwill before they've shown even a second of unproduced gameplay or said what changes are in this year.

They 100% left Dakota Kai as DLC because the few thousand newLegacy fans are the only people who still buy these games.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Well, at least Ciampa is actually in 2k19

https://twitter.com/thechrisdenker/status/1048047940604841984

(that's an unbelievable CAW)

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

First impression: this interface is ugly as poo poo

Someone really liked the Thanos effect.

And white. Yeah, this is awful to look at.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 5, 2018

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It's like they specifically watch NL streams and remove things accordingly. Matches where everyone is raising their right arm on the roster screen? Make everyone stand in the exact same pose that makes them all look chunky.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The million dollar contest is so unbelievably scummy.

It went live a day before most people will get the game. The people playing early have already bought in and are good at the game. It's not allowed on PC because it relies on an achievement that could be cheatengined. It looks absolutely miserable and based 33% on luck, 33% AI cheese, and 34% also AI cheese.

The only way this ends up worth it is if Denker, Jawnny, and Htial have a promo battle on Raw.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I wonder if they could hook up with Spike Chunsoft and do something like Fire Pro 3D including another NJPW dating sim.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/1162061529753292806?s=19

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

:stare: someone just donated two grand

Probait is kinda legendary on twitch as someone who will show up to random streams, often smaller ones, and drop multiple thousand dollar tips. Very cool that he did this for nL too.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

what's the origin of the Michael Cole call "Could it be? It is!" it feels super familiar to me but I can't place it

AJ's debut at the rumble is the one I think of.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It's really damning of the 2k games when I'm watching eliminated wrestlers walk to the back and and new ones actually come out from behind the stage instead of teleporting into their entrance animations and thinking it looks novel, in a game from 8 years ago.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
"If Kirk Angel wins it'll be the best win ever"

immediately tossed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Oh god, what is this horror?

Off the ropes! The bounce off the ropes! Against the ropes!