Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

Three questions:

1. How do I get super rare and above? I somehow managed to get a SR Hogan but other than that I've never manged to get more than a rare.
2. What determines if I get the stat bonus from tag team compatibility or a card's special ability? As far as I can tell it seems random.
3. Apparently there are people who have their champion set to something other than Uncommon Bo Dallas? Why?

Tag team compatibility has to do with the diamond on each card. You get the bonus if they are opposites (for instance < and >), you get no bonus or penalty if they are identical (< and <), and you get a penalty if they are 90 degrees from each other (< and ^)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I know I must sound like the most gigantic pain in the rear end here, and just tell me if I am, but can anyone give me a quick basics beginner rundown of SuperCard now that I've finally downloaded it?
On iOS: Tap and hold until it wiggles. Tap the X in the corner.

On Android: Open your app drawer. Tap and drag to the top.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The unmistakable bitterness of a man that's spent real money on a dumb phone game.
No, I didn't spend a cent. It's just a really, really lovely game.

I do find it amusing that the Eva Marie card has more moves than real Eva Marie.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

Supercard is a lovely game and I can't stop playing it please help.

Endless Mike posted:

On iOS: Tap and hold until it wiggles. Tap the X in the corner.

On Android: Open your app drawer. Tap and drag to the top.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Solomonic posted:

Rockpocalypse :v:

There's also the John Cena drag racing mobile game. It was no Rockpocalypse. It didn't even have jeans upgrades.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It clearly has a menu button so maybe hit that because it might do something or it might not!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

All I know about modding in 2K games is that NBA2k14 had a Space Jam mod.
:stare:

Well, I'll be watching for a Steam Sale.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bhester posted:

Making a desired but not essential character DLC seems like a smart marketing move to me. The people who want Paige will pay for her. Or will she be the free compatibility DLC?
They needed space for Tyson Kidd.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They can sell the ability as DLC!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The whole game is a horrible grind and not even fun and you should just delete it and be much happier.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

finally... I have acquired the fabled Superdeck, only talked about in hushed whispers... before now

Sister Abigail looking good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why is The Rock a Greentista pallet swap?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Retromancer posted:

Pay for him to see a doctor.

It's New Jack. He'll just use it for more drugs. This game simulates that, right?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happitoo posted:

It takes about a week to make 1 survivor fusion assuming you have all the necessary cards to do it. That's just a time sink. At least if you could do multiple fusions at once it would be less horrible. Like being able to fuse a bunch of commons every 15 minutes while you're waiting for your uncommon to finish.
The whole game is a lovely timesink that you should delete immediately.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

Is there anything else like Supercard that's good? (Well maybe not good but worth the timesink)
Hearthstone is free to play actually a good game, so maybe check that out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

The constant adding of new tiers in Supercard is hilarious. How can anyone spend money on this game when they've clearly shown that all cards will be out of date within a couple months or sooner?

And "Legend" being a fairly middling tier now is great.
How can anyone spend money on this game when they've clearly shown it's completely loving awful?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

I feel like we need to talk about this game that is apparently out on PS3.

(Jonny "the Bull" Miavia is the one's full name) Last one is Benoit.

and some of its themes. https://soundcloud.com/5-star-wrestling

This one specifically though: https://soundcloud.com/5-star-wrestling/ready-to-rage-5-star-wrestling

I want to play this but not enough to pay $25 or hook my PS3 back up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Have they made Supercard even remotely interesting or fun?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nope. I'll pointlessly grind at Immortals. At least it has pretty graphics.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Immortals updated with a Macho King challenge, also a real fuckin' ugly picture of Roman Reigns

Macho King is cool and uses the magic of rainbows to beat up opponents.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait until it's $10 on Steam!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

remusclaw posted:

Region blocking is just physical tabs. My old copy literally just has them sawed off, not that I would recommend that if you have another way.
FYI, you can remove the tabs from inside the N64 if you don't want to mess with the cart. I'm pretty sure there's also extension carts you can just shove into the N64 and then plug US and Japan games into without issue.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Somehow I missed that Immortals is running an Evolved Paige challenge and added Big E (as a jungle man jfc) and Ultimate Warrior.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry, yeah, I see Tarzan, not a circus strongman. (And yeah, a Roman god, which is cool.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Immortals has Cyborg Brock for the challenge again. One requires Paige to be on your team, but it doesn't register Evolved Paige. Nice work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BlueArmyMan posted:

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

https://twitter.com/SuperCard_Game/status/610849190713753602

That announcement finally made me uninstall SuperCard. To hell with it.
LMAO you didn't delete it 10 minutes after installing it and realizing there's no game in the "game."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope it starts in WCW and you get to be Hollywood Blond Steve Austin.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Models are nice and all, but I'm getting flashbacks to like WCW Thunder where you had a huge roster of dudes all having the same moveset

You mean you didn't like the Lugercanrana???

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I played some WCW vs NWO World Tour tonight (the game before WCW/NWO Revenge)

It holds up surprisingly well. I don't know what wizardry the Yukes guys used, but the AI is so great in these old games. I had basically a perfect match: the AI took the start, beat the crap out of me. Then I hit a desperation top rope flying kick and busted him open. I fought back for a bit but he cut me off, wore me down, but then I finally fought back and won.
Yukes wasn't involved in those games. They were developed by AKI.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Someone spent many hours rendering Kane's nipples. Just think about that.

At a Japanese developer, this is the kind of job you'd get assigned to when they want you to quit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happitoo posted:

So with the SuperCard news today, is anyone going to still play SuperCard?

For those that haven't seen it - Season 2 is coming! Meaning all your season 1 cards are invalid and can only be used in season 1 exhibition & KOTR. Only season 2 cards can be used in coming events. But don't fret, you can trade your legendary and up cards in for super & ultra rare cards! And the best news of all, no more pros from events! Instead they'll be spread out to give the levels room to breathe! (So like Ring Domination every week).

On the bright side I had really been cutting down my play to only RTG so cutting it out entirely isn't a big loss.

Just lmbo if you played this more than twice before figuring out it has no gameplay and exists only to suck money from you and deleted it from your phone/tablet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm surprised they aren't including his match against the Rock at Wrestlemania XIX. Wasn't that supposed to be the end of the whole Rock/Austin feud that had been going on since 1997?
Maybe they decided three matches against the Rock was enough. Or they didn't want to end Austin mode in a loss.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please make his gimmick ninja.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

duyarvish posted:

Is there a way to just quit a rivalry, because Tyler Breeze ran in on me again and I've faced him so many times now that I can reverse his finisher every time without fail and it's not remotely fun.

Sounds like an accurate WWE feud.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

DLC rarely gets discounted. There was a 25-30% off deal on Amazon during Black Friday and I got Witcher / Fallout 4 season passes for pretty good prices, but apparently those sorts of deals happen very rarely.

Maybe on consoles...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

Cool, I'll keep working away at that then. Thank you for the tips :)

Here's a better tip: uninstall it because it's terrible and barely a game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

If, hypothetically, I was buying Darkest Dungeon and was going to make a party of the scummiest, most repugnant wrestlers of all time, who would need to be on the roster?

All Ian Rottens.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

Are the Pepsi and GI Joe tattoos the only ones they change for videogames or do all of them get a reworking?
While that pic doesn't give a great look at his ink, looking at some photos, the ones you can make out look identical. I'm sure it's just the trademarked ones that get reworked.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Glad to see fireballs are returning to wrestling games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sell "I BROKE SUPERSTAR'S ROTATOR CUFF" shirts