Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

Wow... zero effort in changing up that entrance. I realize the models look better, but it's identical to WWE 2K14, which was identical to WWE 13

So is Randy Orton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What is "Use of Tobacco" in the rating? Old school Sandman entrance? :v:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Source: WrestleSlam420.tripod.com

You should send this to a few NEWZ~*! sites and see how far it goes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Skunkrocker posted:

Last night I played WCW nWo Revenge on 64. Does anyone here like that game? I hated it.

Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy are both widely considered the greatest N64 wrestling games because they use the AKI engine which feels really intuitive on the N64 controller. So if you didn't like Revenge which uses the same engine, you're probably going to be relatively alone with that opinion.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

Well just in general, the N64 had a really strange controller, so there's gonna be a learning curve in any case.

When emulating, I never had any trouble mapping N64 games to a Playstation controller. Mapping the directional C buttons to your Right Analog is a really good way to do it, though it can take some getting used to depending on the game. For AKI engine wrestling games the only slightly awkward thing about that is the placement of the run button.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Phenix Rising posted:

Is the IGN First feature always as lousy as it was this month? I feel like there was almost zero information about 2K15 when it was supposed to be their big thing this entire month.

PAX Prime is this weekend, so I'm guessing there will be some new info.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

A PC version of a wrestling game? :aaa:

Looks like I'll be playing a wrestling game for the first time since like 2007.

Same, only I haven't bought a wrestling game since like N64. gently caress yes.

The modding alone is going to be insane. I genuinely hope Nexusmods gets a hold of 2k15. I will wade through the never ending abyss of giant tit rape dungeon mods if it means people are going to be doing Skyrim levels of customization.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Liar Lyre posted:

Serious question: Can I change everyone's theme to Bawitdabaw?

And all the match music and interstitial music.

All of it is Bawitdabaw.

ALL OF IT

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Great White Hope posted:

Change all the commentary to parts of various songs.

JBL: :clint: "Get in the pit and try to love someone Maggle I LOVE IT"

Cole: :geno: "Kid Rock claims that this song is for all of his friends which he calls 'homies' residing in Cell Block Six, which is a segment of a prison if you don't know."

King: :pedo: "Midnight glancers and topless dancers! Woohoo! Up jump the boogie, Cole!"

me: :suicide:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CopywrightMMXI posted:

You know what I like about Summerslam the best? Divas in bikinis!

*repeat 5 times*

I am going to replace every single commentator line with Joey Styles screaming OH MY GAAAHD.

Not just the same sound bite either. As many as I can find, including the OH DIOS MIO ones.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DoctorDelaware posted:

I hate Matt Striker so much. I've been watching the '09/'10 PPVs recently and his commentary makes me want to throw things.

The worst part is that it won't improve after he leaves. I think Heel Michael Cole is coming up pretty soon. :suicide:

The weird thing about Heel Cole is that they let him run wild with that poo poo up until his Kiss My Foot match with Lawler, then they toned him down after he was humbled, and then inexplicably decided to make him intolerable again in late 2011, especially in ANYTHING involving Daniel Bryan. I don't know how much of it was Vince telling him what to say, because there would literally be times when Bryan would be cutting a promo and Cole would be commenting "Ugh..." or "Oh whatever" of "What a hypocrite" after every single line.

Cole's comeuppance wasn't at all worth the nearly 2 years of torture on every single program. The worst part is they had no plans to change him until Lawler had his heart attack.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I hope 2K15 randomizes jobbers with goofy CAW attire in NXT/career mode like the mystery dudes you had to defeat in Smackdown 2.

This was also the best thing about Soul Calibur IV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've been wanting match quality over wins for a long time in a wrestling game. Awesome.

Come on, moddable PC version. :ohdear:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm wondering what the presence of manager characters is going to be like. Do we know if Zeb is in the game in any capacity?

I'd love the ability to assign a CAW manager. Mostly so I can create Joey Styles and AJ Styles and pair them with AJ Lee to make my dream stable of AJ AJ Styles Styles.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm going to buck the trend and say you should call your big hoss Sparkle Twinkletoes, or Lenny Twilight.

Or Joey Splashwater.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lenny "Sparkle Hoss" Twilight

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Waiting for the Gold Edition in that case, because you know there will be one. Especially if it comes out on PC, since there will be very little to stop people from unlocking content.

I'd be happier if they just cut down on annual releases and updated the rosters occasionally, because it's not like they ever need a full new version every year unless their engine is drastically improved or they can offer radically new features. 2k15's Career mode seems to be doing that, but can they offer that every year in next-gen releases? They may need to slow down production for the sake of just having a complete game in the first place - or maybe the DLC schedule is them just admitting they don't.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If you're going to vote with your wallet, not buying it at all doesn't get across the idea of "you have a poo poo release system". The core game is probably worth what we'd be paying, but don't get any DLC. Otherwise they'll blame the cyclical business, too many next-gen games coming out, etc. There will be CAWs and player-DLC anyway, and it'll probably be better than the official stuff.

pressedbunny posted:

2K are a sketchy publisher, Yuke's is a lazy-rear end developer and both sports and fighting games have trained their markets to hand over as much cash as they demand every 12 months; WWE games are both.

I feel like that has to change if they get into the PC market. If there's a PC version and all the content is already in the install but behind a paywall, they're going to have to beat people to the punch (which they won't). Look at how Watch Dogs got its better-than-next-gen graphics - it was already there. There wouldn't have been that 'Hot Coffee' controversy for GTA without people like that either. If they do have a different PC launch and keep the additional content on their own servers, someone will probably find a way to mod that too. It's really in their best interest both to join the PC market and to release new editions of content for PC, but I don't know if I put that much faith in 2K, Yukes, or WWE for that matter.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blasmeister posted:

VGCW-runner Bazza got to play some 2k15 and has opinions on it. He plays the poo poo out of these games so his take on it is pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqCqk5PIS7c

I just want to say how much I appreciate the chiptune version of the Raw theme.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Michael Cole... *grunt* John Cena... *huff* is going to read you... *snort* A POME... by Dylan Thomas!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is there a confirmed report on Graves retiring?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

To put it in terms you may find more sympathetic, imagine you ordered WrestleMania at the normal, full PPV price (what is it, $60 or so for WM in HD now?), but then once the show is on you find out that the feed cuts out during the middle two matches on the card until you pay another $20. You'd cry bullshit, right?

You know you can get Wrestlemania for only $9.99, right?

All this DLC talk just makes me think anyone who gets the PC version (when/if it actually comes out) is just going to find some way to mod or crack the hidden content that doesn't get them banned from servers. Yeah it's pointless to bitch here about content being held back, but it pisses enough people off that someone's going to screw with it. Watch Dogs is a good example of that.

triplexpac posted:

Those midcard geeks? Why not give us the real main event!

I'm looking forward to the day when an elderly Jim Cornette cuts a scathing promo about Cena and Orton both in their mid 60s "sucking wind" in a cage match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Disagree.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's too bad they couldn't find a screen role for Otunga. Everything about him was great except his ring work. He'd be a great addition to The Authority by just being this gnat swarm of legalese anytime someone wanted to challenge the heels.

OHHWAYOOHHH

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Why cookie Rocket posted:

At first it seems like the mouth is a big problem. And I guess it is. But really, it's those dead, dead eyes.

Honestly it's the nipples that are freaking me out the most. Really his boobs in general are a nightmare, which is only accentuated by the dickchest.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

10/day. If you needed 10 slots filled two days after launch then you must really be hard-up on talent for your superhero wrestling show. It's gonna be funny playing through the MyCareer mode on the PS4 and drawing up matches against Starman, The Hulk and Paul "Roid Monster" Heyman while in NXT. On the other hand, it'll be fun to see so much of the TNA high card pass through NXT as jobbers before never being seen again, just as they would in real life!

Jacked Paul Heyman is something I never knew I needed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm guessing if the PC version ever drops, limited space for CAWs won't be a problem.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

I've never known the official Korean ratings board to be hoaxed. The board and 2K both would nip it in the bud were it a fake. And it's not even like trademarking where they put it in writing just to cover all their bases on the possibility that they might produce it at some point in the future. If they submitted it for a rating it's because they intend to release it.

It's possible they could change their mind about releasing the PC version even as they've taken such steps, but such a decision would have dire implications for the entire series. They haven't relayed info because the release is at least 2 months away from the next gen's release

It was also used in the pre-Summerslam promo shot for 2k15, FYI. So it's not just a Korean ratings board that used it - an official WWE promo used it too.

I can still see how that could be some intern using a template to plug in the box art without knowing PC wasn't an option and a bunch of miscommunications along the way, but I want to believe.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

super macho dude posted:

pretty stoked they finally brought back a CAW storymode (even if its only for Xbone & ps4 versions). gonna take Dad Strong STRAIGHT to the top!

You mean I can't build toward a big push for the young new rookie upstart John Cena?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Perigryn posted:

You can give him a lot of awful tattoos and trashbag pants though.

That's something they're missing with the NXT mode: Years of indie wrestling for 20 people in a gym before WWE offers you a developmental contract because the internet won't shut up about you, at which point you forget 90% of your moves and have to adapt to a slower paced mat style under a hilarious new burping ice cream man gimmick.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

No, he said NEGA. As in someone who negs. Darren Young is a notorious pick up artist.

I mean I guess it makes sense that Darren Young is trying to neg John Cena. :gay:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What? He said "I'm talkin' symmetrical".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kia39QKsSSo

Mark Henry

Adrian Neville

and Jimmy Wang Yang Entrances

No "Mark Henry's giant back" camera shot 0/10

So they're kinda doing a Smash Brothers thing with the momentum percentage mechanic? That's actually interesting.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 12, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This was just posted in the PYF game glitches thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dow9ZDlaipk

Seth Rollins, Jedi Master.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The Bee posted:

I honestly have no idea if this company love or hates Cesaro.

They know what they have with him, no question. He's a solid hand and great for cutting promos on international markets because he knows 5 languages. They just don't have anything for him creatively, and I think a lot of that is probably the HHH/Dunn dichotomy on influencing Vince.

:stare: RUN.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:cripes: I know we've had the DLC debate and all that, but if they're cutting THAT much out of the base game on release, then there's no excuse to be holding back that much content for extra pay.

I mean other than "haha fuk u" but they could make it less blatant.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Minor correction: Kwang did have a brief feud with Adam Bomb. Nobody cared.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Why are you posting unedited footage of 2003 WWE in the games thread?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

He... he summons an APC. To run over his opponent.

You were never in the loving military, John. You played a marine in a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

CAW Divas have been in every game since Smackdown! 2 on the PlayStation. (Which also had non-specific gender-neutral CAWs, too.) This is the first title since then to omit it.
There was a quote from a 2K PR guy saying that basically they wanted to fit more in but they ran out of time, which is also why many match types and standard options have disappeared. Again, this is why the DLC stuff is such a sore point, because they allegedly didn't have time to include basic modes and features but somehow did find the time to make six DLC packs or whatever it is.

"We admit we're shipping this incomplete game for full price, but we're going to charge you extra for the stuff we didn't have time to include anyway, even if you bought a season pass" has to be among the worst content delivery system I've seen in a video game.