Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Steve Vader posted:

I won a KOTR and got two SR Mizzes. Sigh.

Look I know we all love being efficient with our resources but do what I did and combine them and feed them to SR Cesaro or something. gently caress the Miz and especially gently caress that picture of the Miz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

That's just insane.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

On iOS: Tap and hold until it wiggles. Tap the X in the corner.

On Android: Open your app drawer. Tap and drag to the top.

The unmistakable bitterness of a man that's spent real money on a dumb phone game.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Mayostard posted:

I'm struggling to get a diva to replace my max pro rare Eva Marie so I can get to the epic tier.

If they really want to monetize, a transparently evil strategy would be to offer SR Divas for real money.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

harperdc posted:

I'm grinding to try and top off the two SR HBKs I got from my last KOTR, I've got one maxed and the other is on his way. In SR++ for Exhibition and the good news is that it feels like I'm getting better, more common rare and SR drops (got a SR Goldust!); but the bigger deal is that even those Rares clear the board. And nothing is worse than being down to two cards left and choosing one and it's a Rare or a KOTR power card :gonk:

I don't see why it matters that it clears the board. It'll give you what you want, or it wont, on every pick. The board is basically an illusion of a shell game, because it's not like the cards are pre-determined before you choose them. That last card is no more statistically likely to be a SR or above than the first card on the board, so don't fret about resetting.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

LvK posted:

I'm looking into "vanity" wrestling games for a dumb article I may or may not end up writing. Y'know, games about/entirely focusing on one guy. I'm aware of Atsushi Onita, Nobuhiko Takada, Cuty Suzuki, Masakatsu Funaki, and I think Akira Maeda had one. Can anyone think of any other examples? Especially non-Japanese ones?

e: hit post and immediately remembered Hulk Hogan's Main Event, which I guess counts even though I don't think the Hulkster is playable.

also, lol, Hulk Hogan's Main Event.

I don't know if this counts but there was a Von Erich family board game. Not a single person, but a single family of wrestlers.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

LvK posted:

I didn't know about this. Its existence is beautiful.

Ob I see, you were looking for VIDEO games. My bad.

I still can't believe there hasn't been a god of war-style Undertaker game.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

triplexpac posted:

So far my strategy of slogging through KOTR and not even qualifying is going okay. Got a second UR Brock, so that'll help my team out haha.

There's no reason to not be in KOTR all the time. Worst case scenario, you can try it again in two days when you have one more decent (or better) card.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Sweet. It's dumb but I'd love it if they rolled out some legendary cards like "Nation Rock" or "DX HHH". They kinda have done that with some guys randomly having older photos in the mix... I think they should have held off on those and made unique cards out of them.

I don't think they have any problem with quantity of possible future cards. They can make 1998 Kane as a desirable upper-tier card now, and save "Hardcore Kane" for some future chase card event thing.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jayou posted:

The "WWE2k15 Gameplay Trailer" is up on IGN...

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/09/22/wwe-2k15-first-official-gameplay-trailer

No hints of NXT in the gameplay trailer - So Im guessing a second trailer will be on the show tonight? Otherwise the Next Generation thing doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Though as always with WWE, I am prepare to be disappointed.

My wife and I were just discussing what console to get when the 360 finally dies, and to me the debate was "I want to play the new Zelda(s), but is it worth forsaking everything else including WWE2k15?" So thanks for posting this, now I am fully committed to buying a WiiU when the time comes.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jubs posted:

Anybody else try to make designs when choosing your blind cards?

If I ever make the same exact pattern twice (as far as I can remember), that's a failure.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I make Man-Thing faces lately.

Ok I'm gonna need a cap of that.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

yeah I can't get back into mine now. Not sure how to fix it. Would deleting the app kill my progress?

I can't say for sure but I would be surprised, given that when I downloaded it on my iPad I was able to pick up right where I left off on my iPhone.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

SilverMike posted:

According to the updated spreadsheet, it's a beastly 1991/1933/1610/1782.

Where is that wacky thing? My bookmark no longer works.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

cyberia posted:

Why is the internet full of so many awful people? :negative:

Other forums are free and have bad mods.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

smashpro1 posted:

I'm hoping for an older feud. Something along the lines of Austin vs. Rock.

If they ever had an Undertaker premium I will probably have to fake my own death so I can have the time to take that #1 spot.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jonny Angel posted:

Sure you can. The card in question is called Erick Rowan.

So who did Xavier Woods's stats originally belong to because JESUS.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Telex posted:

but the cards necessary to level the cards is the thing here.

there are a lot of people who seem to have bought their way to leveled up cards, without having played the games necessary to feed the cards.

You can also buy more cards to feed to the other cards. Basically, people are stupid as gently caress.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Sockser posted:

I believe you'll find, if you do your research, that Ryback Rules (tm)

What are they?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

Exactly. That poo poo will never stop. Why am I bothering with this struggle for Macho Man?

After careful analysis it turns out that you're a mark.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

You know what'd make 2K15 better? If all the wrestlers were, in fact, cards.

I like it but I don't love it. What if they were just number sets taped to 3d models?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't skip out on KotR, kids, even if you don't think you'll win.

Should be the title of the thread at this point.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I've gone 8-0 so far in KOTR by doing that "throw the tag team match" trick, so I guess it works pretty well so far.

Could you refresh me on that? I barely clawed my way into the quarter-finals of an epic-level KOTR by using all my boosts and I'm pretty sick of this crap.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

"I know of Rare Pro Natalya, and the elders speak of a non-pro UR Brie....but what is....'good diva'?"

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

This game is a lot better than others of its type. It can be played for 30 seconds or 10 hours, the gap between people that pay and people that play for free is minimal, it's juuust complex enough that you can't simply jab at the screen for an entire match, etc. But the "diva gap" is just intensely annoying. You can't even reliably throw money at the problem.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Sono posted:

Agreed. SR Pro Paige is getting annoying. She's a tie at best since everyone has one.

I've started using my item either on the diva's match or on the third match (after its become clear that there wont be a divas match). I can't tell you how many ties I've avoided and won by saving my item use for a "second wind" on SR Paige.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I need to apologize to the game gods. I got my 4th epic out of that "quarter-finals of an epic-level KOTR" I was bitching about, and I got my 2nd epic bray. Leveled and combined that poo poo right up to max pro, which put me into Legendary, which got me a Kane. And I'm a shameless mark for Kane. So yeah, good supercard day.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

This is the phase of the game release cycle where their own narrow view of what they have created is 95% of the conversation. We are at the "every choice the player makes will have major repercussions" stage, not the "there's only two endings lol" stage.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I Before E posted:

Why would anyone play Jericho when they could get Stardust or Cesaro by playing Orton?

Because Jericho used to be kind of cool like 15+ years ago and nostalgia is pretty powerful for wrestling fans.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jonny Angel posted:

I'mma buy 2K15, play MyCareer, make a big loving hoss, and try to become the most popular wrestler in the world by having as many big loving hoss-offs as possible. What should my big loving hoss be named, and which big loving hoss should I target for my first big loving feud?

Chunk Bunkbed.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

cams posted:

Everyone on Supercard has pretty much figured out the whole "punt half of your cards so that you can have just enough cards of super high level to win" which makes playing rather frustrating. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a solution, but something really needs to be done about it. It's stupid going against 3 epic pros with a team of UR Pros.

They just need to change the ranking system (in exhibition) to work on the basis of your three highest-rated cards, not the overall deck.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Just play it on your PC like a boss.

How does one do this?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Toshimo posted:

They cannot fix this poo poo soon enough.

I can't even get out of the round robin on this one.

Just give in and start punching below your weight, it's the only way forward.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Toshimo posted:

I don't see how. The ugprades I need now are paired URs. And I can't get them downgrading to SR.

Yeah I think I spoke too soon. After thinking about it more, you're right, that's hosed up.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Toshimo posted:

I guess I'll find out in 2 more days. :emo:

I'd also say that KOTR is also just really swingy. I have done one, gotten stomped, changed nothing, did another, and taken 2nd.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I usually get killed in KOTR but every now and then I'll get one that I breeze through to around the semi-finals.

Also, I think those of us that got on board the first week have had an easier time. Lots of dumbs to prey on, so we got past some of those obnoxious barriers that Toshimo is pushing against.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

My last piece of advice is to try to take the long view. On an infinite timeline, you're going to get everything you want from this game eventually, so why rush it?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Telex posted:

uh what?

I don't think you get how to cheeze KOTR.

You put in 4 commons. These are your tag teams. You don't ever have to swap them but gently caress it why not.

You put in your 4 best cards. 2 in the solo spots, 2 on the bench. Get a second diva that's good enough to maybe win some games. Every 2 hrs, you log in for less than 30 seconds and swap the teams.

When you wake up, you use 3 energy to refil your "A" team. Rinse, repeat. Tryhard when you get to the bracket. Unless you're just super weak on your best cards, you should win roughly 2/3 of your games. If you're really over-doing it, you probably will win against everyone that isn't doing what you're doing which in my last two was 1 dude.

It's absolutely not worth your time unless your time is fairly worthless to grind out energy during a KOTR. The system as-is is kinda busted.

Wait, am I reading this right that the tag team doesn't matter at all?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

oatgan posted:

Its two guys you can use to tank your overall rating while only losing one match maybe

I have been running with all my best guys "active" and taking using the bench, but squeezing in as many decent backups as possible. poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

VoLaTiLe posted:

Cool the Brock Lesner sex dolls are out!

At first it seems like the mouth is a big problem. And I guess it is. But really, it's those dead, dead eyes.