Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah nash was always a big target for me and my friend when we'd play too hahah. i can't believe i'm feeling nostalgic for wwe raw 2

RAW's sandbox was very fun. The actual wrestling mechanics were iffy, tho. But then again outside of Fire Pro, all wrestling games are iffy at the actual wrestling part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

All MMOs and phone gamers are horrible, essentially.

there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I just got Fire Pro for Christmas and wanted to know how to get all those CAWs on it.

I'll google it in the meantime but i'd like to hear it from y'all.

ooo that reminds me, I gotta see if I can get that on my PS4.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Niwrad posted:

It seems like everyone is featured somewhere on the machine. Looks like Big Show on the right side of the cabinet. Here's a shot from the front and we get Triple H on the translite and the front of the machine!

cool another way for WWE to take my money and leave me feeling unfulfilled afterwards.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Doc Morbid posted:

I love how much impact all the moves in AKI games had. :allears: When you murdered someone with a huge powerbomb or something, it was so satisfying. Hell, even knocking someone into the ringpost or the barricades was great.

The mocapped moves in Yukes' games were never as good as AKI's hand-animated ones, but at least they used to have some semblance of impact in the older games (I don't remember that being a problem in HCTP or SVR '06). At some point they apparently decided to :effort: the whole thing, because now the moves somehow look weaker than those in WWF Warzone.

I vaguely remember powerbombing people to the outside in an AKI game and it was amazing. Or it could have been an early Yukes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

simosimo posted:

As ever, our glorius Wrestling game leader MDickie has a game where you run a wrestling show to please the fans.

You get match scores each match, which are determined by Heel/face match ups, rivalries and general match performance. The performance is a number rating which changes on the fly during the match, so the more moves you do the higher it climbs.

Although as soon as you stop it drops down immediately, so even if you have climbed to a 5 star match, the AI can walk out of the ring up to the entrance ramp and stand there aimlessly [which happens frequently] for a few seconds, and the match would drop to a 2 star stinker. Downtime simply cannot happen. Good luck with those Ai v ai matches :)

if 2K had any sense, they'd dump Yukes, sue MDickie, steal his code and develop a better wrestling game from it.

Seriously, MDickie is so loving close to making a great wrestling game its nuts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This is so dumb. I can't even articulate into words the level of dumb that is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh hey. This totally isn't going to assault your phone with spame and viruses.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zenithal.smashofwwecards

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

beggar posted:

So on Raw they announced you can get 2k15 for the new systems and get the season pass for free.

Knowing that the season pass doesn't include all DLC, and the game is kind of a letdown, is this a deal at $40 for someone who is admittedly craving a new wrestlegame (I have been putting time into Wrestling Revolution 3d ffs)

Or is 2k15 purely a bargain bin game like I have inferred? $40 is about double my impulse buy max.

I haven't played it nor will I play it at $40.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just started hearing that WWE16 is actually good this year. Is there a list of changes from last year's offering?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Can you do an all women's show in Universe?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

remusclaw posted:

You can go nuts with pyro in the advanced entrance creator now. You get two uses of pyro per entrance part, so with intro, stage, ramp, ring-in, and ring, you can have 10 separate firework displays during your entrance. I have found heaven.

loving Sold

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I turned off the music and let Spotify run in the background.

The way they changed the match flows around really affects movesets. I'm gradually morphing my just do a bunch of suplexes CAW into something quite a bit more well rounded.

I really like the gameplay but the story telling leaves quite a bit to be desired. Sorta like current WWE imo.

Also I keep expecting Rene Young to start laughing every time I do a promo because holy poo poo all these lines are bad and delivered poorly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the loading screen that gradually moves you towards Seth Rollin's crotch is a nice touch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Senerio posted:

So would you all say that the game is worth it on PS4? I'm on the fence.

Also will they be releasing the Terminator DLC afterwards or?

I hate WWE games and I'm enjoying this one.

the CAW creation looks really fiddly but its actually pretty quick to gen up a guy. You can still cheese the gently caress out of the game with the extended sequence moves.

You can finally go drat near seizure inducing with the pyro in the entrance creator.

Matches actually flow and don't revolve around hitting running knees. It actually looks like a modern WWE match.

Downsides are the Career mode drags and there's no good checkpoint system in the showcase mode. Its missing the create-a-finisher mode which kinda sucks as it adds more uniqueness to your CAW

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was a fan of the repeated dick kicks ending in an eyepoke. Or the extremely complicated setup to an F5 then setting the person down and poking them in the eyes.

gently caress it, when I get home I'm gonna see if a Jon Jones CAW is up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I turned John Cena heel and set his attributes to Cowardly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hardest part of this game hitting a sweet dusty finish.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even with the kickstart, its still a slog to get out of NXT. If I ever meet Tyler Breeze in real life, I'll be sure to tell him of the endless battles I had with his digital equivalent.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

As long as the new UFC game keeps some of the more fun physics glitches, I'll be happy. Like the one where if you time a spinning elbow and a spinning heel kick, the heel kicker will get shot across the cage.

but yeah, I don't think Stefan Struve has ever jumped and/or spun a kick in his entire life.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm bummed that instead of going with John Cena or Hulk Hogan(which would have made tons more sense, storyline wise) I went with Rihanna.

May have to turn in my wrestlenerd card.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Saints Crow posted:

That picture looks fine. Textures are clear, depicts her very well. It's still just a screenshot of a WIP game, but doesn't look bad at all.

its not a bad caricature. Nor is it as henious as the stuff they did to Booker T:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember the TNA game having great models and good animations but everything else was terrible. like how did this get out of QA phase terrible.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

the intercontinental championship has a curse. you will become unstuck in time, lost for all eternity, to fight wade loving barrett every smackdown. it's been three months, every smackdown, i fight wade goddamn barrett. this game is an unending hell but i go on to have my year long reign as the intercontinental champion. the IC belt is pain, and pain is looking wade barrett in his cold, dead eyes, and putting him in an armbar forever.

its so silly they boast the biggest roster but the game booking has you face off against the same guy each week. It got to the point in MyCareer where I'd grab a chair and eat the DQ just to speed through a feud. Somehow that turned me face.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

Tag partners are useless during NXT. Run in mid match and manage a guy to victory.

I won all of Baron Corbin's matches for him by hitting him with a chair.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blast Fantasto posted:

Well I finally tapped Austin out (with an abdominal stretch lmao). I definitely "get" the submission system now, the key is rhythmic movement that forces the AI back in to your red bar.

Even though I think I can do it regularly now, it's still a dumb loving system.

I liked the 3 count system on TNA's videogame the best. If someone were to steal that and modify the visuals, it'd be awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I liked it when Exhibition matches would affect people's standing in Universe and setup feuds. I'd let my buddies come over and play for a few hours. Fire it up the next day and laugh at the computer trying to figure out how to get the title back on Cena from an unstoppable Viscera.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Liar Lyre posted:

Finally got 2k16 and it's pretty fun. My favorite part is still getting a bunch of CAWs and simulating Royal Rumbles. I am upset that you can't have a Divas Royal Rumble even if you have enough characters.

they still don't have a women's career mode. So lame.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Watching the VOD of Rampage playing the UFC 2 beta, they're doing Punk vs Nick Diaz at 170 at maybe 48 minutes in.

Diaz sparked him cold in short order and kicked him in the balls. Magic. :allears:

http://www.twitch.tv/rampageishuman/v/36860121

dick kick fouls are in?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I haven't played TEW but can't you just hire guys for a night? That's the way the jobber deal worked in real life.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love Ryland's ideas but if he could make that interface a little less spreadsheety, I'd love to play his games. Like some way to graphically put a card together. Drop down menus bore the hell out of me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jred250 posted:

I found the schoolboy, it is found in the leverage pin section. I guess I will need to invest my story points to get the leverage pin skill. In story mode, you can bust out perfect hurricaranas and piledrivers on day one, but you need time to develop what is most likely the most basic move in wrestling. Makes total sense!

yeah I never really figured out the progression in the story mode. Other than the bizarre locked items, you start out with access to some pretty sweet moves.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

2k16 would be a lot more fun if the refs had a field of vision you could exploit. I don't even think you can do the ol Latino Heat misdirection gag anymore.

give to me more heelishness, 2kgames.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ShootaBoy posted:

I've looked at the TEW games before and been turned off by the general spreadsheet feel, but for some reason I can't explain, I really wanna play 16.

loving people with spreadsheets is oddly enticing. Its the real reason people become accountants.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

How is Giant Gram 2000: AJPW 3? I saw Japanese tournament footage of it, and it looks cool. I'm thinking about importing it for my Dreamcast

Its very reminiscient of the WWF Attitude game because this was back in the era when Wrestling games couldn't decide if they were gimmicky 3D fighting games or their own thing. A lot of esoteric commands.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I liked the crummy avatar game.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Testekill posted:

Oh gently caress me, I just lost my big marquee signing for 11 months due to a torn rotator cuff that he suffered in a random squash match.

repackage the jobber and give him a push!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EdsTeioh posted:

I just spent 20 minutes downloading and installing the New Japan game and that poo poo is straight garbage.

yeah its really bad and Gedo should feel bad for making it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I won't be supermad if there's no way to import in game with FPW Esp when the NJPW dlc drops. I'll mostly be bodying Taichi with Fucktrain Jethro as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I just wanna drop dudes on their domes in a modern wrestling game that isn't made in a sweatshop by people too pressured to make a release date to get it right.