Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.
I just hit 300-16. This game is super addictive, and I'm quite surprised they haven't really asked me for money yet. Sometimes I feel like drawing rare cards from the pile is rigged. 3 times I've had it be the absolute last card. I also haven't been able to join a King of the Ring yet, it's still waiting for more entrants.

Tips I've been using to wreck shop:
I got two uncommon AJs and combined them after I maxed them out. After a little more leveling, she destroys everything except Super Rares. Having a good diva is really important, since it basically just gives you a free point every match. Put as much into training your diva card as you can and it will pay off big time.
Maximize your tag team bonus. It makes a huge difference. I have two cards that both have the same symbol, so I put a card with the opposite on my roster even though it wasn't my next best available. That extra 10% boost has won me several matches while other teams are eating 5% penalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I get irrationally angry when Xavier Woods beats one of my cards in this game.

I won a KOTR after waiting two days and all I got was a pair of crappy SR Xavier Woods cards. F-, would not KOTR again.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Jonny Angel posted:

I'mma buy 2K15, play MyCareer, make a big loving hoss, and try to become the most popular wrestler in the world by having as many big loving hoss-offs as possible. What should my big loving hoss be named, and which big loving hoss should I target for my first big loving feud?

Super Giant Ninja

Target Eli Cottonwood

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

I am completely stuck until I can get a better Diva. I've got 2 Pro UR Rocks, a Pro UR Mr. McMahon, a Pro UR Lesnar, 1 Epic Lesnar and the ladder Pro SR Paige. It looks like the only way to advance is to sandbag to get into UR KOTR and hope that a diva pair eventually comes out of it.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

BlueArmyMan posted:

This part is baffling me. How is a max Pro Epic better than a max Pro Legendary? :psyduck:

Sometimes having one card more powerful than the rest of your team can screw you because it will bump up the competition you get. I've tried a couple combinations, and the only way I can get a consistently good record in exhibition is to keep my team fairly balanced.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Kinda only want the Path of the Warrior and DDP. It's hard to say if the whole Season Pass is worth $25.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Liar Lyre posted:

I hope Sid is not just a manager. That would be the worst

I hope he recorded some voice overs for the game.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

The last four UR KOTR have been good to me. Back to back Rock pairs followed by back to back Macho Man pairs. They align for a tag team too. Still waiting for a good diva, but at least now I can get to the knockout stages of Epic KOTR.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

DLC stands for downloadable content. Why is any of it already on the disc?

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Sockser posted:

There's enough people sandbagging my UR KotR that I can't qualify with my 3x UR sandbag team

One dude is rocking a legendary Ambrose.

I thought I was sandbagging a lower level epic KOTR with 5 UR Pros, but there are others with multiple Epic Pros and Legendaries. I've done about 8 Epic KOTRs so far and have been crushed in the quarter or semi finals every time but once. I have one Epic Pro diva from the one time I managed to sneak into the finals, but it's a long slog until I can get another pair or two. I did manage to qualify for Legendary exhibition with my 5 URs, but got a Ladder as my free card. I know it's good for the long run, but isn't helping me win KOTRs now.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

I think a closer comparison would be the UFC game by EA, which has updated with 14 extra free fighters since it was released.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

So I didn't realize you could scroll down on the attributes screen to increase a whole bevy more. Whoops. I managed to get the NXT title from Neville with base stats in almost everything, rated 53. On the plus side reversing moves is infinitely easier now.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

This game is very bad but I can't stop playing MyCarear. I've put about 20 hours into it so far.

I've only owned about two wrestling games since the n64 days, and I'm having a blast with this. The actual gameplay is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, took a few days to get decent but now I'm at the point where most of my matches are interesting with a little back and forth. The CAWs I've seen so far available to download look better than I was expecting, and the roster is still fairly large, so I'll be enjoying this for a while I believe.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

I've been able to pull off some 1 minute 5-star squash matches in My Career. Stomping a player when he's down seems to build your momentum pretty quickly for a finisher.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

simosimo posted:

So many little things:

As a stickler for environments also, it's so nice to see everything so crisp after the same models being used since SVR2007. Stuff like the barricade featuring individually moddelled pads on top, the announcers chairs being high poly, even the ring apron now has a bit of polygonal ruffle to it.

On my big telly it looks brilliant, and the ring apron logos are so crisp and high resolution. I'd love to have seen 2K14 the game (30 years WM) be the first next gen release but hey ho. I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of DLC.

They may have taken a good amount of stuff out, but what is there is incredibly well done. I'm really enjoying the pace of the matches. I don't feel like I'm out of it immediately once the AI gets a couple of moves in. Especially with the stamina system, there's a lot of chances for either side to make a comeback.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Good Listener posted:

How well does that stamina system work? I don't have plans to pick up the game since I don't currently own a ps4 or xbone but from what I've seen, once your stamina is low the game just won't let you up with how some of the new grapples are set up. Granted this was watching the newlegacyinc guys play career mode so their char might just be underleveled, it's hard to say. I'm just genuinely curious is all.

The stamina bar actually refills fairly quickly, it just keeps you from spamming moves over and over. If you pace yourself at all, it won't be a problem. If you fully deplete your stamina and do a move, you will struggle to get up for a few seconds. I actually think it works great and keeps a nice flow to the match.

I had a friend over that has played the previous versions and wanted to try WWE 2k15. I watched him spam move after move until his guy couldn't get up, and then he got his poo poo kicked in. That didn't really look like a fun playstyle to me. I like that the stamina system gives you another aspect to think about. It gives the matches more of an ebb and flow. After you do a couple moves, you might have to slow down for a second to catch your breath. It gives the other player a couple seconds to try to come back. It makes the matches more interesting for me.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Yeah Supercard sucks now. The only thing that really made it fun was that you could make progress through the levels with KOTR. I don't get why they thought it was too fast, even playing a KOTR every two days you still would be stuck at a level for a good two or three weeks until you won enough cards to move on. Plus I usually stayed at a level until I got cards I wanted. Who wants to stay at one level for a month or two grinding out KOTR to maybe get a pair to pro? And I haven't seen a single Legendary or Epic off the exhibition board since the update. This game is an unfun grind now.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone know roughly how many points they needed to finish in the top 2500 previously?

I think I needed a bit over 2000 for the last one.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

I finally deleted Supercards. It feels good. More of you should do it too.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Fat Lowtax posted:

Was 2k15 a big step down from a gameplay standpoint or was it just bad single player/create tools that made everyone negative about it? I was surprised by how much I liked 2k14, like I still play it every once in a while.

I thought it was fantastic, but I haven't touched the create a wrestler or storyline portions in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Nut Bunnies posted:

2K Spotlight 2016:

Roster Walks Out, The Rock Walks In: Take control of HHH, John Cena, The Rock, The Miz, and R-Truth in this thrilling recreation of the events that kicked off the Reality Era!

R-Truth was absolute gold during this time. I'm glad they are finally giving him some focus again.