Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TNM7 is still the definitive fantasy booking game :colbert:

I don't really have the patience for its interface anymore, but the match engine threw up so many funny and stupid moments. Two guys with max momentum just hitting finishers on each other and kicking out for twenty minutes, squash matches that were literally two lines long, people going missing during battle royals only to show up at the end and win. Amazing game.

A modern version of TNM would be a hell of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

I've been simming Fire Pro R lately, and I have a pack full of anally-complete rosters, including enhancement talent which I LOVE. I've always had a thing for mid 90s WWF, HeAT, WWF Metal, Velocity and etc and thought i'd make some vids with some dumb match ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnY4C9BUlCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kEwiimTaJQ

Complete with my era relevant matchup screens saved at jpeg compression 1. Paging Bob Holly...
More entertaining than any actual Steve Blackman match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

Exactly! I have a good Spark plug holly v Hunter Hearst Helmsley coming up. The stars that could of been.

Let me know of any matches you'd like to see and I can make it so. I can go as low as TL Hopper and The Goon so most suggestions will be possible i'd imagine. I even have a third save with specialities such as Gobledigooker.
Ooooh! Let's see Tiger Ali Singh v Mabel

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANOqWQ8NTOw

The CPL busts open Hercules in the first 30 seconds!

Big blade job from Hercules in the first minute. Surprising amount of grappling and submission wrestling considering who was involved. Hercules no-sold a piledriver and hit a weak powerslam for the win. ***

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Simo, if you don't do The World's Worst Royal Rumble sometime in the next 10 days I'm gonna be really disappointed in you

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mr Gorgon Holmes posted:

I got the lumberjack big show

I had no complaints...

Till I brought a second gold pack and got another one :(
Literally the same thing happened to me :( gently caress this game

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My first two gold pulls were both Bog How :smith: he's so slow! But he's a loving wrecking ball once you manage to get shots in

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Edit: In TEW, does anyone else tweak the product ratings when you're a smaller company to favour workrate more than popularity? I feel like it's the only fair way to get decent ratings, otherwise people want superstars that you just can't get.

I try to do it for any size of a company!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

Would anyone be interested in a wrestling life sim? You're a wrestler and you try to get booked, but instead of focusing on actual wrestling gameplay it's more about the hand to mouth life style.

$10 on protein , or gas?
basically one of those Positech games like Kudos, except for a wrestler? That sounds like the exact kind of garbage I would love

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kudos and Kudos: Rock Star are also worth looking at for this kind of thing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I would pay a ludicrous amount of money for No Mercy with new graphics and roster. Like, stupid money.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Can you import themes through the game? I remember hubub about the consoles not supporting custom music so the game wouldn't either, but obviously PCs wouldn't have that issue.
From what I've seen; no

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There's no create a finisher either

I wanted an obnoxious 30 second animation to grief everyone online, dammit!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That just sounds like a regular Cena entrance, I don't get it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It suffers from ridiculous slowdown on my machine. I have a GTX670 which still performs really well in benchmarks, but it's a couple of years old now at least so maybe it's not good enough?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Depends on how they are faring in the story really. If the guy going over is still at Fairly Poor before the blowoff I let it run through. Otherwise I end it beforehand.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

How do you book storylines to have the guy you want to win end up at Fairly Poor? Just have him get the poo poo beat out of him every week with no comeuppance?
Yeah it's only happened when I done hosed up, which is more often than I'd like to admit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I can't help but laugh when the WWE 2K15 commentary goes off on tangents about stuff happening years ago.

King is REALLY CONCERNED that everyone knows that Dolph does stand up comedy in his spare time. He brought it up like 3 times in one match. And who could forget the incredible Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan match from Bragging Rights 2010??

But did he execute his move with force... and veloca-tee?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Did all the Impact! models look that good? That is a very very good Booker T by wrestlegames standards

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Paige, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Bad News Barrett, and Finn Balor confirmed for 2K16.
Ambrose and Rollins will still come out to the Shield music

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Perry Normal posted:

1. WCCW long tights
2. WCW bicycle shorts style
3. WCW Dangerous Alliance, no knee pads
4. WCW Hollywood Blondes
5. WCW "DRAGON SLAYER" trunks
6. ECW Superstar Steve Austin w/ do rag
7. WWF The Ringmaster w/ receding hairline
8. WWF Original Stone Cold (no knee braces, weird sheriff's badge looking logo vest)
9. WWF 'classic' Stone Cold (skull logo vest, one knee brace)
10. WWF 'classic' w/ both knee braces
11. WWF 2001 Heel red or gold trim
12. Jean shorts and Austin 3:16 shirt

13. Lovely blue sweater from Tough Enough

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The entrance music is always so loving quiet in WWE games. Maybe if it was louder you wouldn't be able to tell how canned the crowd noises are. Win-win!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Skunkrocker posted:

Either way we won't get who we really want...
Sheamus will probably be in the base game

E: unlike his baller new music

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I could eat chicken wings until I fall into a food coma, though.

2K15 I will probably put down after 15 minutes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Strap match with savio vega please

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bad News Bear

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kalisto doesn't wear a paintball mouth guard, his mask is pretty open from the nose down

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Testekill posted:

He wore one down to the ring at NXT R-Evolution.
oh yeah

I still think that's what makes his mask look weird tho

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The AI loving loving Animal is the best. I can't imagine anything topping Jeff Jarrett over the Rock at Mania, but the last Mania in my game did involve the WWF World Championship going undefended on the card.

JYD is the champ and has been a consistent midcard presence while Hogan and Flair work in the main event above him.
Man that would have been a great main event irl

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Must have modelled Owens before he fell off the diet wagon

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

So apparently every even numbered game is going to have the wrestlers look like strange plasticine monstrosities?
Yup.

Also, every odd numbered game.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There are loads of built-in team names and event names etc

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They've gone for the Roman Reigns Wearing Contact Lenses aesthetic

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone make an Always Give Up towel for him

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Ended up getting 2K16 from Best Buy for $30. Seems like a good price for a 1 month old game
Yeah it would be but you bought a 12 year old game with many coats of paint on it!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

No Mercy with WM2000's open-ended career mode would be GOTY every year

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I had the original version that would randomly wipe all your caw data

:rip: Lord ButtFart, again :smith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

they still don't have a women's career mode. So lame.
Painstaking realism

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the new TEW is going to be Mac-compatible?
It'll be written in .net again so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Curses, foiled again.
yeah and im pretty sure his codebase will be a horrific mess so dont expect him to ever rewrite the whole thing to a Java or Unity project or w/e