Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm still disappointed we lost a whole bunch of features with WWE '15, and who knows how long it'll take to get most/all of them back? WWE '13-'14 was the first time I felt I was playing the best available wrestling game since the days of Here Comes the Pain. I'm still designing new characters in WWE '14 and am off-and-on working on a storyline, but it sucks having to keep it all to myself.

I know it's silly/spergy, but does anybody else build whole rosters of original characters? I have one guy ("Mercury" Marcus Cortez) who's been in every wrestling game I've owned since WWF Warzone. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My most recent roster includes:

rotund little jobber with lots of rolling maneuvers, named "Pillbug" :kiddo:
ginger bodybuilder with terrible sunburn
Inuit rapper
Big Fat Fuchs (hot dog vendor)
robot managed/piloted by stoner chick so she can fight outside of women's matches
feral '50s housewife
flamboyant karateka based on Andy Warhol (another one from the PS1 days)
Nazi clown whose theme music is the intro to Doink's music followed by "In the Flesh"
depressed nihilist punk whose theme music is a dial tone
female Yokozuna
painfully untalented giant Serbian guy with a Paul Bunyan gimmick

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 14, 2016

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I really miss the custom standing/running animations and random martial arts moves that used to be included. I'll probably never be able to satisfactorily recreate the capoeira fighter I had back in HCtP.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I tried 2013 but ultimately it just didn't appeal to me outside of the fantasy booking element. Is 2016 anymore newbie friendly? Failing that I feel like I need a strategy guide or something. I never quite understood how to build angles so that the game understood what I was doing, or the steps required to turn a wrestler, etc.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Still no storyline mode? We're never going to see a VGCW renaissance at this rate.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
It's the revival of a presumed dead Japanese series of 2D wrestling games known for excellent gameplay, detailed customization, and sophisticated AI, which hasn't had a proper entry since the PS2.

Fire Pro Wrestling 6-Man Scramble was one of the hot import titles for the Sega Saturn back in the day, which is how I became acquainted with the series. Honestly I thought they were too difficult to work with and graphically primitive for me to really get into, but people would recreate whole feds and trade game saves online without any easy or official way to do this.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 5, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I still can't get over every single grapple in Fire Pro beginning exactly the same. It's distracting to the point that I don't enjoy watching matches because of it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Yes to the second part, it's really pretty smooth and the matches look a lot more realistic.

This video shows the mod in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FxKKLrAbs

OK, that looks a lot better actually. Definitely going to get this while it's on sale now.

Ultimately I just wish Yuke's would get their poo poo together, but they've made it abundantly clear that's something that happens once or twice a decade, if we're lucky.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 19, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

jesus WEP posted:

that was the most terrible game i played the hell out of

Warzone was my first wrestling game, and there's one CAW I first made there who I've remade in pretty much every wrestling game I've owned since. Lightweight flippy guy who started out as a medieval/fantasy masked bandit, was some sort of cyborg by HCtP, and I think in his most recent incarnations was a luchador with the same red/green color scheme as his Warzone gimmick and a spiky mask that made him look vaguely like some kind of strange human sex toy.

In the event they ever make another WWE game that isn't still missing features from WWE 2014, I intend to celebrate by making "Mercurius" Marcus Cortez live again. :kiddo:

...or I suppose I'd settle for another WWE game with Beans Mode.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Suplex Liberace posted:

i have been gifted a Wii whats the best wresting game on it including gamecube games

Probably Day of Reckoning 2. It's contemporaneous with Here Comes the Pain, and I remember the CAW and gameplay being about as good, though the roster is a lot smaller.

As far as I know, all the Wii ports of the PS3/360-era games were supposed to have been garbage, but it did get WWE '13, which was almost as good as the series got before it started regressing. It's the game they started making VGCW in.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
God I wish we'd just gotten a PC version of WWE 2014 so I could've stopped caring about new wrestling games years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
If I don't really care about anything but making CAWs and simming matches, is there any particular best WWE game on PC to get? I know the CAW was supposed to have been garbage in WWE 2015, but for my purposes is there any particular best option from WWE 2016-2019?