Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

89 posted:

The HBK/HHH feud is a bit of an interesting choice.

Interesting in that I bet they were nearly contractually obligated to include HHH in a rivalry, and why not make it his most masturbatory one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I will be the first to bash a WWE game, but the animations are pretty different and new. There's lots of little differences that are pretty obvious to me. It has the same broad idea, but there's a few nice additions that make him look more human.

I really love Justin Roberts in those. They're finally letting announcers be themselves instead of robots. The power of next gen!!!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
You'd think this game is coming out in January or something

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sky Shadowing posted:

Hmm... since one of NBA 2K's new big features is face-scanning using Kinect/PS4 Camera, I wonder if they'll incorporate that into WWE 2k15.

Here's the video for those who haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0zH4Z57mY

That's pretty impressive. Game devs tried this feature 10 years ago and it was awful.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cardboard Box posted:

i loved rainbow six vegas 2 and how it would just smear a lovely photo of your face on your character

Tony Hawk and Tiger Woods did this as well

I still can't believe how little info there is about 2K15. We're weeks away and barely know a thing.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well there goes any chance of me buying this game anywhere above $15. Releasing a Season Pass that excludes DLC is mind-boggling.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cardboard Box posted:

well actually.

they come with a 500 GB hard drive, and around 100 GB of it is taken up by system level/OS stuff

What in the gently caress is taking up that much space?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cardboard Box posted:

beats me, but if you look at the hard drive usage on the console interfaces you can see it. it's not quite 100 GB, I think the PS4's OS-level stuff takes up around 80, but it's still a significant chunk of the hard drive and kinda makes the advertised 500 GB a little misleading. I know of several people who have opted to replace the hard drives with 1-2TB ones instead, and thankfully that's an option.

I'm just wondering what kind of idiots these companies have on these teams. Windows and Mac OS X take up like 1/10 of that.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm interested to see what their excuse will be next year, since they won't be able to lean on "Well it was a transition year" like they have in the last two.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I remember playing some match where I was against Benoit in a warehouse and I had to climb up some ungodly large ladder. It was so big that you couldn't climb it without Benoit yanking you off. It was drat impossible.

And even with that it was a million times better than WWE 12's story mode.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'll give them

Also, man did the original Xbox get the shaft with WWE games or what? PS2 had the SD series, and eventually the Gamecube got DoR.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I despised WWE 12 but the glitches were incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khHX0H3Fa2Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMPyAsv28EY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRMUMEtF0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnY9-R1sMXo

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well now that I know the pinball game has a system based on Linux...

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

simosimo posted:

I've been simming Fire Pro R lately, and I have a pack full of anally-complete rosters, including enhancement talent which I LOVE. I've always had a thing for mid 90s WWF, HeAT, WWF Metal, Velocity and etc and thought i'd make some vids with some dumb match ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnY4C9BUlCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kEwiimTaJQ

Complete with my era relevant matchup screens saved at jpeg compression 1. Paging Bob Holly...

The endings are the absolute nadir and peak that you can have in a Fire Pro match respectively

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The animations look much better as the years go on, and guys can actually be dropped on their head now, which is a plus. Shame about the game they're in, though.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I never really thought about it but why did 2K think anyone would want to buy a couple of nonsensical, unmemorable stories from a few years ago? Especially the Christian one, which never begins to make any sense.

Also WWE 12 had the worst story mode in a WWE game ever and 13 would have been fine without the pinfall bug that otherwise ruined the game.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
What I've seen of the DLC looks quite nice.

Hot Take: 2K should follow WWE's lead and just make games with legends and a few current guys.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm actually a little excited to see what modern day trash angle they're going to give the Showcase treatment. Awful nonsensical booking with nobody looking good made out to be an all time great story was really funny last year.

Maybe they can do the one where the roster walks out on HHH and then The Rock comes back to team with Cena because Reasons

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Multiple people at 2K thought that these four looked different enough to warrant inclusion

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
That would still be a step up from "Randy Orton with a slightly different buzz cut and black trunks"

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm aware of the reason and it is not a good one

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

The decision to use a horrible angle with match specific attire where the performers have indecipherable rotating attire as a big spotlight DLC was bad from the start

There should probably just be a moratorium on most angles since 2001 for Showcase mode. Do HBK-Undertaker & HBK-Jericho and be done with it.

Shima Honnou posted:

"I hate mirror matches" should never be a sentence said about any fighting game.

Mirror matches usually contain characters that look visually interesting

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 5, 2015

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

triplexpac posted:

Hey now, I want to do Eddie vs Rey so I can see Dominic rendered in cutscenes.

I'll allow it

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
2K Spotlight 2016:

The Best of Stone Cold Steve Austin: Relive the best of The Rattlesnake as he clashes with Eric Bischoff to win the General Manager position!!

Roster Walks Out, The Rock Walks In: Take control of HHH, John Cena, The Rock, The Miz, and R-Truth in this thrilling recreation of the events that kicked off the Reality Era!

Some other bullshit angle nobody liked from like 2009: [copy trying to make it sound exciting]

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bryan Alvarez Podcast Simulator 2016

Find The loving Hall of Fame

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I do think we are rapidly approaching the day where WWE video game commentary is on par with the televised commentary.

It's not because the games are getting better though

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Michael Cole
Michael Cole (Debut)
Michael Cole (Tuxedo)
Michael Cole (Frosted tips)
Michael Cole (WM27)

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
As clunky and buggy and uncreative as the games would get, the story modes at least had some uniqueness and insanity in them that made them worth playing.

I think WWE 12 is where it got serious again and it was the worst story mode I'd ever played.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

Is that the one that went Sheamus -> Triple H -> CAW and featured backstage fights (which use a generic "out of ring" moveset for all characters) for like 90% of the matches?

After reading some of these posts I'm genuinely curious about what I might have missed in some of my old Smackdown games. Though I think the ones I skipped might have been where the crazy stuff really happened. '12 is the last one I got. Before that I've got '10 and then like everything up through 2007. IIRC the stuff through PS2 was relatively open-ended, and the more contained storylines (and ensuing insanity) came later?

Yes and it was a miserable experience

I skipped SVR08 because I hated 07 so much and apparently 08 was even worse. I think I rented 09 and 10 and bought 11. 06-11 is where the craziness happens

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wasn't that also the one where they heavily promoted the new Bra and Panties match option?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
If these games are never gonna be good again I think 2K should just have Yukes leave in bugs and add them. Exploiting WWE 12's bugs was the last time I had fun with a new wrestling game.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
So close to being paid to own it

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just wonder what his finisher will be. My guess is they just give him Bikertaker's move set

Delsaber posted:

I figured that 2K is still working out how to handle the Hogan situation in Immortals and Supercard.

The answer is to replace all Hogans with Pipers, of course.

Replace one racist with another

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The best game would have been a VPW3 based off of No Mercy

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The last parts of the mode should be Rock match, GM Austin ATV mini game, telling Vince to gently caress off when he wants you to job to Jonathan Coachman (QTE!) and then an Austin hocks Draft Kings mini game.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The problem with Austin is his eyes. They're too dark and not open enough.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ken Shamrock was the best with his strikes

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

I don't know who that's supposed to be, but it is not Mikey Whipwreck.

Also I think the Austin mode is just current day Austin reliving his past by putting his old gear on:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well it is kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. The divas roster has been largely terrible since Lita and Trish left. You have your Natalyas and Beth Phoenixes, sure, but the roster is mostly Dova Search contestants that nobody cares about* with horrible move sets. Plus they can't play in every mode. So yeah, I bet most time in the last ten years hasn't been spent playing Candice vs Torrie Wilson matches and the like.

That said, the Horsewoman would be better inclusions than some never will be like Baron Corbin

*Save the sperglords who MUST have every diva on the roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lady Naga posted:

Bring back intergender matches goddamn it.

Man I remember spending forever on that loving Mickie James vs. Khali challenge in 06 or 07

Also the answer to "what's the DLC" is old guys, Alex Riley & Bra Stonemen