Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

joylessdivision posted:

Fired up Wrestling Empire last night after not touching it since it launched on switch and spent an hour fixing all the names of the characters.

Start my career, first match in wrestling school is against Regal. Barely a minute into the match and he's launched me out of the ring over the post, and I land square on the steps.

Health bar instantly totally red and flashing.

Regal drags me into the ring, beats the poo poo out of me some more and then pins me.

My injuries were fatal and I died, having won 0% of my 1 matches in my illustrious 1 week career.

12/10 game owns

This post caused me to buy the game, took me 20 minutes to do the tutorial and my first career match started with the ref throwing a mic into my face. I then won buy countout after kicking out off a pin so hard hhh flew out of the ring into the announce table. Good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I missed all the footage but I did see Chugs reaction when Uno said that tsa broke his ps5.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

They give away the major twist with the cover and the title, all AEW wrestlers are ghosts cursed to fight forever by a cocaine witch.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Gonna run a kickstarter to pay Taz and Ex to do live commentary on a goon tournament

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Shard posted:

Oh neat Max Caster has original music in the game

I will buy a season pass of nothing but The Acclaimed entrance raps.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Five finisher and sig slots, all filled with dick kicks

Adam Cole is already in the game, you don’t need to waste a caw slot.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

my uncle works for sega and he said that the CAW system in the AEW game will be like old ps1 monster hunter and you have to put in music CDs to get more wrestlers

Excited to finally see Joanna Newsom vs Jenny Lewis.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have played so many games I never would’ve played because of game pass.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Fight Forever was canceled and what is coming out is the sequel

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

If you haven’t seen it

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Whoa, that’s cool as hell

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dangerous Person posted:

I just want the Switch version to be decent. Prepared to buy it on PS5 if it's not but I would really like some good handheld wrestling since Fire Pro is never coming to it

If you’ve got money to burn you can get a Steam Deck and play fire pro on that.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think the Deck is really cool and worth it. I do not have a gaming computer though.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

CM Punk in none of those cheevo pics. Lance Archer and Miro are, though

PlayStation exclusive, he’s in the platinum.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I am.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I hope it runs well on the steam deck

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Very happy to see that running on a steam deck

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Looks like a Switch to me in which case it still looks pretty good compared to WWE's last attempt to make a switch game

Deck screen is 16:10 so you usually have letterboxing like you see in that pic. Also that little notch on the top makes me think it’s a deck.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Holy poo poo that is terrible.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Nice The Machine tie-in.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Looks fun as hell

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Davros1 posted:

One vid said CAW was embargoed at this time, but added "formulas are back", so I take it to mean that there's no Community Creations.

Also:

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/1664340196114964509?s=20

That is a grade a bummer

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I will be playing it exclusively on my steam deck.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Please don’t disparage Trench

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I managed to create a CAW by saving a default CAW and then going back to edit it. I was able to create someone, saving frequently, then it crashed again in the move editor. Game of the year

Which platform are you playing?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone try the game on a steam deck?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The thought of playing a wrestling game competitively is insane to me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone know if the acid drop is in the game, and what it’s called if so? Picking moves is a god drat mess.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Taxman posted:

I didn't see it while looking through, Shiranui 3 is probably your best bet

Confirmed today you just need to hold L1/R1 to block/counter grapples or strikes. Holding L1 (grapple block) also lets you initiate tests of strength

Yeah I couldn’t find it either. Took 60% of my steam decks battery but I finally finished making my caw.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have lost both of my matches in road to elite, I am very bad.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I smashed a champagne bottle in Sting’s face, he did the chest pound and no sold. 10/10 goty

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just went from special momentum to danger via schoolboy form Sammy, a minute into a match I was dominating. 0/10 wgoty

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Got to rewatch most of the Punk debut. 10/10

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My guy has been tag champ with Nick Buck for like 2 papes and hasn’t defended or interacted with Nick since winning them :/

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Someone please tell me how to turn your opponent around.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Kennel posted:

Right trigger on ground/left bumper while standing?

I’ve figured it out

R2 turns a downed opponent over
R1 rotates a grappled opponent.

Also I’m 100% going to lose this handicap match vs the Bucks. I hate handicap matches

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If you can get em outside the ring and just suplex the gently caress out of one of them into the barricades.

That is how I defeated Yuka and Brodie Lee

Match was over in thirty seconds. One of them hit me before the bell rang and I never had a chance to recover. Rage quit, I’ll try again later

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Another useful tip, If your guy has the bail out perk, use that poo poo like crazy.

Eddie Kingston has it. Just press in the right stock when down in the right thumb stick

That just leads to them hitting me with topes and getting signatures faster. I’m just gonna eat the L next time. It doesn’t help that I’m terrible at reversals.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have finished the road to elite, and am now an evp. The secret to winning a handicap match is to buy the permanent special power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have righted coward Tony’s greatest wrong and given Best Friends gold. This game is very fun, it’s a shame the caw sucks so much.