Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm playing as WWE in this TEW game and I needed a road agent because Tony Garea is retiring. I hire Ted Dibiase and I guess I wasn't paying attention to the news wire for a few weeks because as soon as his written deal with me kicked in, he left twenty different promotions.

That was one of my bigger annoyances with TEW10, where smaller promotions would always hire the same people if they weren't having beefs with each other. Guess I need to dig in and fix some contracts/promotions then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I hope Wrestling Revolution 3D gets a PC release. Customizing his games are fun. I want my guy to enter to the What's Happening theme song as the cast of Final Fantasy IV cheers him on and you just can't do that on a mobile device.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I prefer the 80s mods in TEW. The mod makers don't tend to put a ton of TV jobbers in those mods though so I created some of the more notable ones. I did give them random potential, and Riki Ataki must have gotten a fantastic potential because he was in a mid-90s rated match with Ricky Steamboat. This was back in TEW 10.

I haven't downloaded the '85 mod for TEW 13 yet. How is it?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

500 spots and a shitload of guys I want to use. Decisions, decisions.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The knockoff themes in that game are silly, yet to me it actually seems pretty competent.

I wouldn't pay $25 for a game with 8 guys though

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Mod makers love the Road Warriors. The game loves splitting them up.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I remember 3 Count Bout. I couldn't even beat the first guy. I barely even got anything on him.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Attitude had Eye of the Chicken, the best possible custom theme.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I usually play starting from the mid 80s in these TEW games. Sting dies in every game I play from that era.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Testekill posted:

Lighting the ring stairs on fire by accident and then slamming my opponent through them with some overly complicated move. Every MDickie game is janky as gently caress but they're incredibly fun to mess around in.

Speaking of Wrestling Revolution 2D, the pre-match promo where your guy comes out as gay is actually in it. I thought that was added in WR3D but I guess not.

I still liked editing graphics and music in the previous PC versions. John Cena knockoff coming out to the ring to the What's Happening Now theme was great.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I'm looking for a good mid-1980s mod for TEW, what do you fine folks recommend?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Edit: Beaten.
Personally I sign my jobbers to 3 month contracts as a general rule. That way I don't have to keep signing workers every time I need somebody to eat a pin. I also sign basically every young worker who enters the game world, just to give me an excuse to check their 'hot prospect' ratings. The language the game uses is a code of sorts to let you know just how good a given worker can be potentially. Unfortunately I don't know the code offhand, I was able to find it easily enough online.

I've done the same in my WWF '83 game. I even hired Shane Douglas, who was a free agent, and despite him being a jobber he's getting over fairly quickly. Although the mod maker made him a positive influence on the locker room :psyduck:

He'll probably be a part of the youth movement in the WWF as I start phasing out the older guys. I just hit Cult, and am tempted to start signing guys to written contracts, but you know the whole Regional-Cult jump is a bit of a pain.

There is one thing I wished the AI would do in these TEW games, and that's sign actual free agents. They're not aggressive enough in that regard, perhaps not at all. Unless I pick a guy up off the scrap heap even for a few months, they're just gonna sit in the free agent market and perhaps appear in the monthly independent show.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it's a bit boring how stagnant the AI feds seem to be. In my WCW 95 scenario WWF never really hires anyone, they just keep resigning their same jobbers. Apparently locking the Godwinns down to a long deal was more important than signing The Rock when he appeared in the database, or scooping up Steve Austin

Yeah, workers seem like they don't get signed due to either a lack of popularity, or being way too popular to sign. I would imagine the Rock debuts with 0 popularity, so no one other than a human player would grab him. The "I'm too popular for your fed ha ha" thing makes little sense too. I've not been able to sign those types of wrestlers even if I break the bank. Wrestlers in real life take high paying independent opportunities all the time.

Also it seems like the same bunch of wrestlers get signed to PPA appearances for a whole bunch of promotions at one time. Because of conflicts some of these promotions end up not using these guys, and on top of that you get these news stories about these guys needing a break. At least in the editor you can edit their contracts to let them have 1 day left if they end up taking a roster spot despite the lack of use. Too bad you can't actually add contracts to give these free agents something to do. Perhaps editing the access save file itself is the answer?

Armitage fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 1, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Going to make Neville obese in my modern day mod

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The one off contracts would be great because I like running 80s games, so I can bring in the occasional local guys to get squashed instead of hiring guys for three month PPA contracts, and knock the pushes out of whack.

I also hope that one of the aims is "Squash", on top of that. If the loser has high selling ratings then the rating could get a nice bump.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I tend to use dominate for guys with high menace, and just use keep strong for everyone else.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I want to give everyone the shopping cart entrance again.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I wish the game had a "random" option for CAWs. Like you'd press a button, and the computer would come up with one all on its own.

WWF Attitude had that, and it really made some funny and freaky CAWs. I'm surprised that hasn't been in a game since. It's probably too complex for a modern gen system though.

I'm surprised 2K17 doesn't have custom music, especially since The Show for PS4 allowed it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Personally I'm waiting for them to re-release WrestleFest, this time making it feel like the original arcade game. The one THQ released a few years ago before yanking it from the store didn't quite feel like the old arcade game.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

If we can blow off limbs again I'm sold. Also modding and possibly Workshop support?

Yes, it'll be an absolute shitshow, but that is absolutely why you play an MDickie game.

As long as I can change the art and the music I'm in. Plus the game itself isn't completely terrible!

Also for Fire Pro: the # of CAWs on PC are unlimited based on hard drive space, is that true for the PS4 version too?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Are the music files still in .wav format?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I don't think I've seen an edit of the Bucks yet that wasn't completely bonkers overpowered

It seems like a lot of the edits based on classic video game characters are all well north of 200 points.

Karate Fighter from Mat Mania usually wins in maybe three minutes at the most against anyone.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I’d probably think for most edits based on wrestling video games, around 140-180 may be good with boss characters being around the higher end of that range.

I had to debuff a few I’ve subscribed to so far. The move sets are solid but they just don’t lose.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I dunno about DJKM’s edits. I downloaded a modern Triple H of his and man, he actually never wins a match despite having 194 points.

It just seems like none of his moves actually hurt the opponent and his logic seems kinda off the longer a match goes.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 27, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

CarlCX posted:

That's kind of the problem with DJKM77's stuff: He's a ludicrously prolific dudemaker, but because his goal is to singlehandedly make All Of The Dudes very few of his characters feel focused. He makes strong templates and then wraps tons of wrestlers around them rather than really embodying single people.

I'm personally a fan of TheAvenger3's HHH, but at 220 it can be a bit overpowered (which is dubiously accurate, I guess).

Yeah, that’s the impression that I got after playing around some more with his creations. Some are still really good, and he created a good chunk of 70s and 80s jobbers which I appreciate!

There are still a few missing, maybe I should throw some missing old school jobbers on the work shop.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I created Riki Ataki and Jerry Allen before I was even aware of DJKM77's jobber template. It makes things quite a bit easier, and I've created some new jobbers that appeared in WWF/WCW, that aren't created by anyone else!

I've also posted:

Don Driggers
Red Tyler
Omar Atlas
Al Navarro
Dave Stoudemire
Chris Curtis
Arthur Washington
Mike Thor
John Valkower
Ross Greenberg
Paul Van Dale (Carmella's dad!)

So if you're interested in classic jobbers to round out your roster, that's who I've posted so far. I'll be creating some more classic TV jobbers from time to time.

Like Death Row 3260, who I was working on as I was making this post. He's posted now.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 2, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Subliminal Ninja posted:

I can have a dinosaur head again and have to press 9 buttons to do a tombstone? Sounds great!

If you didn’t give the Dinosaur Head guy(or any created wrestler for that matter) Eye of the Chicken as a theme I’d be very disappointed!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Takuan posted:

I think it's funny that Kenny Omega's stats are just one point higher than Okada's.

Tonight @8:05 EST!
GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Pan-Console Grand Prix Night 7!
-Link[8] vs Princess Peach[6]
-Matt Riddle[4] vs NEMESIS[7]
-Tracer[2] vs King Bowser[4]
-Duke Nukem[4] vs Zangief[12]
-Snake[6] vs Gilgamesh[8]
-THE DOOMSLAYER[4] vs Ganondorf[10]
-Scorpion[6] vs Mettaton[8]
-Trevor[4] vs Dracula[3]
The B-Block is a foregone conclusion as even if Zangief loses his block match tonight and Ganondorf wins his, Zangief holds the tiebreaker.
The A-Block goes into the final night with a 3-way tie between Gilgamesh, Link, and Mettaton, that could turn in to a 6-way tie if all of them lose their matches tonight.
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Mettaton’s gonna win this, huh? He seems to be far and away the strongest character in this.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

that was the most terrible game i played the hell out of

Some of the custom themes in Warzone/Attitude were hilarious and if I still played the WWE games I’d want them to get the rights to those songs.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

BEEP BOOP I’ve Had My Eye On You was a running joke among my friends for like 5 years

I tended to use this one a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYZlkrg5BQE

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

TEW2016 for $20 sounds good, but 2020 is coming in a few months and that developmental journal thread suggests that this version is going to be really deep as heck.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Replace Dean with Hiroki Sumi

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Hopefully it turns out better than the actual WWE WrestleFest sequel did, now that was disappointing.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I remember when create a finisher debuted, I had a finisher where the wrestler did a bunch of taunts in a row, then finished off the opponent with a body slam.

Followup versions changed it so it had to be a power slam instead, which seemed less silly.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

The best approximation I can think of is like, a gimmick going stale.

If a wrestler's gimmick or style doesn't match the product fans can react negatively.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I just got TEW 2020 after skipping TEW2016. I'd get a modern day mod to see if I can fix the WWE after kicking Vince McMahon to the curb, but I think I'm going to wait until a good 80s mod comes out. In earlier versions I ran ICW in '83, ran an '83 save with WWF where I gave Don Muraco the world title, and an '87 save where I gave Steamboat the title with the intent of heel Hulk Hogan beating him at Wrestlemania V(before I lost the save.). This time I'm going to try to keep the NWA from dying.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is there any present-day RL mod folks are gravitating to for TEW '20? I'm kind of eyeing grabbing it.

I might have to go with a current day RL mod and try to fix the WWE, as it doesn't look like we're going to get any 80s mods for awhile. I'd imagine running a current day WWE mod would be a bit challenging, compared to AEW and NJPW.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

One thing that I remember working, as least for developing some on-air talent in previous TEW games was just sticking them in angles where they were 'Not Rated' alongside others that would easily carry angles. Does this still work for TEW2020?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Watching this reminds me that the snake charm move is quite a bit overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Armitage posted:

Watching this reminds me that the snake charm move is quite a bit overpowered.

and on top of that, it's on a character that's likely not going to drop the title for awhile. That Kinnikuman version's a beast, he's squashed Lesnar and Zangief in under 8 in-game minutes so far.