Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

you're a flower. you're also a rainbow and a river. you are the manifestation of all perfection and i want to i don't fucking know, but you are fucking perfect

After seeing people talking about it on twitter I finally downloaded this card game and oh god I can't stop. So what's the "optimal" way to level up cards? Max them before pro-ing them? Do I need to max both of them for the best results?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

you're a flower. you're also a rainbow and a river. you are the manifestation of all perfection and i want to i don't fucking know, but you are fucking perfect

Chinook posted:

Yes and yes!

The nice thing is that the pro version has 20% higher stats than the previous cards, AND starts fresh at level 0 out of whatever. (the level cap is higher, also). So those first 5 levels are so are really quick to get, and they get powerful quickly.

So when you combine two cards to get the pro version it bases the new one on the current stats of both cards, then? Sounds good, time to grind

Also I got a super rare Undertaker after my first game at the super rare tier so that was pretty nice

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

King of the Ring seems sort of like a sign up and forget thing. And if you pay attention to it even a little bit, at least at lower levels, you're probably nearly guaranteed to finish like top four, since most people probably won't bother to sub their guys in and out. I signed up for one last night and lost almost every match that happened when I was asleep, then I swapped my rested guys in and even though they aren't very good am undefeated today to crawl back into the top eight.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Retromancer posted:

I have the worst luck in pulls. I keep picking up the drat kotr boosts that I'm never going to use, and they replace rare+ cards in the tableau.

Yeah I've gotten a bunch of those as well, it's pretty annoying, and I'm even doing KotR!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

cyberia posted:

You can delete cards from your collection if you go to the 'my cards' option on the main page.

It's not that they take up card space, it's that they take the spot of a rare+ wrestler on the board.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

simosimo posted:

Wait til a SR Zack ryder beats your trained up POWER Super-rare
Trained SR Darren Young is the bane of my existence

On the other hand, I played two matches this morning while waiting for my computer to boot up at work and ended up getting a second rare of both HBK and The Rock, and both of the originals are already trained way up (Rock is in a KotR though )

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Snacksmaniac posted:

Same but Kofi.

My Pro Rare double Goldust is my current favorite. I just need a Cody to go with him.
There is a severe lack of bottom yellow people that are cool

I have an irrational hatred for all speed superstars because they suck at everything else (at least, the ones I've been getting do) so I don't use them, but then I always lose to them. At least now that I have HBK it's not so bad and I can win sometimes if it's speed + something.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

interpunct posted:

Wow, yeah. That worked when I tried it just now.

I just tested it and it's even more hilarious amounts of broken because they retain statups from support cards, their power, and tag team boosts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

smashpro1 posted:

I don't think this works on Kindle.

I am on an android phone (Galaxy S3), for anyone else that wants to test this. I tried to get support cards to play again but those didn't seem to have the bug.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Using tablet and yeah the click bottom button bug works there too, kinda just killed my want to play the game cause now my maxed out SR Pro Rowan can just auto-beat everyone by himself.

Considering you never directly play against someone you could always just not do it, because you won't have to worry about them doing it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Astro7x posted:

So how do I free up my cards from this KotR bullshit?

wait for kotr to end (it runs for 48 hours)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

I finished maxing out my two Rare HBKs and combined them. Good lord he's better than a Super Rare. My SR Undertaker is at 18/25 and I'm pretty sure HBK is going to pass him before level 10.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Sockser posted:

My lvl7 SR Pro Del Rio just killed a lvl25 SR Pro Del Rio.

Level up your cards before combining them

If you maxed them both before combining it would have won at level zero, I assume.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Sigh I GUESS, I just keep putting that off because I think "gosh I must be due to get a Super Rare Diva any time now!!"

I haven't even gotten a rare diva but my maxed before combine and then maxed again pro uncommon Eva beats everything but high levelled super rares.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Sockser posted:

e: King of the Ring stats drop even if you're not yellow, turns out. Replaced my image so you can see my real stats.

I'm confused by this statement. Did you not get the fatigue thing or is there another KotR bit that I'm missing?

I've gotten three SR wrestlers and two of them are the Big Show so I feel your "I want to stay all blue" pain, though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Sockser posted:

I knew about fatigue, but I didn't think stats were affected until you dropped below a threshold and the numbers went yellow.

Oh, I get it now. I thought you were still talking about the tag team diamonds.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

I just got two Super Rare Andre's in the space of about five cards. I have no idea how good he is compared to the other SRs though.

Are KotRs going to be running during maintenance or will it freeze? The tournament portion is going to start at like 5am for me if it doesn't freeze and I don't want to get knocked out before I wake up and can use energy cards

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

So the maintenance caused a roll back that basically eliminated everything I did since last afternoon, including the two SR Andres that I picked

e: Jeeze, just going through my stuff at work and I think I lost over 100 cards of progress.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at Aug 22, 2014 around 13:01

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

I heard that that might be something to do with fixing the re-using cards glitch. did you abuse that at all? I never bothered to work out how to do it and I don't think I had anything rolled back

I used it a couple times just to see how it worked, but nowhere near enough to destroy basically a full day's play.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

1500+ matches in and finally, finally I get my 2nd uncommon Jimmy Uso. Uncommon set: complete. Mystery of why Jimmy Uso is the shittest card in the game and has abysmal speed: unanswered

I was at 121/124 before the rollback and now I'm at 117 again

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What is the card-reusing glitch?

Select an already used card by tapping the very small area below the now blank spot in your hand. They retain any boosts that they gained through support cards, tag team bonus/penalties, and special ability procs. I could never re-play a support card with it. Only wrestlers. Takes a lot of fun out of the game, IMO, so that's why I stopped using it after testing it a little.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

So after finally getting my pro uncommon AJ for my deck I pulled a rare AJ. The uncommon pro that is built right will beat a normal rare of the same superstar, right?

Handily. My Pro uncommon Eva will still beat Super Rares if they aren't trained enough.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

They gave a statement regarding the rollbacks on the forums. Apparently one of the servers for the game had an issue during maintenance which caused the rollback. Open the game, go to options ---> Feedback and send them an e-mail with as much detail regarding what you lost as you can and they'll get through them all as fast as they can, restoring what they are able to.

Honestly I would just be happy if they gave me 100 card picks because I was more annoyed by the lost card training than the lost superstars.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

I think I've hit a break point in Supercard. I'm at SR++ and once I get the last two levels on my SR Cena my entire roster will be maxed out and also be my highest possible stat combination.

Also, on the 2K forums they started working on a spreadsheet for the card stats at max level (pro cards listed are if you max the non-pros before combining). I copied it over to my own for better formatting because they were sorting it by name instead of stats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...t#gid=751055890

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Chinook posted:

Questions about KOTR:
Do you simply need a winning record to advance to the tournament in KOTR? So, there's 45 rounds of qualifying. Once my record is 23 and X, I can just put it down for a while, right?

Does your record in qualifying have any impact in your seeding for the tournament? It seems like I've gone in twice with great records, once started against the #2 guy, once against #11 or something... could someone corroborate this?

Also, is it possible to move from Super Rare to Ultra Rare DURING the tournament somehow? Either by being right on the cusp and training those cards and bumping the meter, or some other method?

You need to finish top eight. I don't know how tiebreakers are done, probably h2h since you play 3 games against everyone.

Yes, you're seeded based on your rank in the standings.

I don't think so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

oatgan posted:

All the pictures of Bryan in Super Card make him look like a dope. Subtle burial?

That's just how he actually looks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Red is Dead posted:

One question I have for the supercard game.

If you complete a collection of cards (common, for example) do you get a bonus?

The satisfaction of a job well done.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Steve Vader posted:

Yeah, there's a limit to the amount of cards you can actually have, so completing a collection isn't likely.

Once you get a card in your collection it's in your catalogue forever so I'm not sure what you mean.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Sockser posted:

You get nothing.

Um excuse me

IcePhoenix posted:

The satisfaction of a job well done.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

They need to stop making those stupid KotR boosts count as rares. I got like three in a row last night. I don't even care if I get lovely Tyson Kidd rares, at least I can use him to train other cards.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

I'm pretty sure it specifically says in the app somewhere that when you reach a new rarity tier your first rare drop is guaranteed to be from that tier. Of course, my free UR was a support card so you can still get screwed.

It's realy hard to muster up a bunch of effort to make my deck better when half of my board resetters are kotr boosts though, so I am definitely getting to the burnout stage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

AlmightyPants posted:

Would a fully trained Pro Rare card be better than a fully trained regular SR card? I need to know for my divas.

Except in very rare cases, yes. My Perfect Pro rare AJ always beats regular SR divas (before support cards or boosts).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Dennis Eckersley posted:

I'm playing as WWE in this TEW game and I needed a road agent because Tony Garea is retiring. I hire Ted Dibiase and I guess I wasn't paying attention to the news wire for a few weeks because as soon as his written deal with me kicked in, he left twenty different promotions.

That was one of my bigger annoyances with TEW10, where smaller promotions would always hire the same people if they weren't having beefs with each other. Guess I need to dig in and fix some contracts/promotions then

It's realistic though. You don't earn much by doing monthly shows for one promotion so you sign a PPA deal with a bunch and book yourself solid. But once you're on a written deal with someone then you don't need the other deals.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

DoctorDelaware posted:

I just dumped a batch of cards--including a rare support and a rare pro Curt Hennig--into training one of my UR Andres. Unfortunately, it was one at level 0, instead of the one at level 23.

you need to do them both anyway so I don't think it really matters

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

DoctorDelaware posted:

I've already got one at 30. I'd accidentally dumped those cards into my 3rd (of four) UR Andres.

Well then

1: aren't you eventually combining those two as well or
2: why didn't you already feed it to something

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You can do that? I had no idea...

If you're talking about feeding support cards for levels, yeah, they work the same way as wrestler cards in that respect, but they're always at the bottom of the list when you're selecting cards to feed, unless you filter by supports.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

EDIT 2.0: Wait a minute, I won the first two, so why am I not automatically inserted into the semifinals? I have to wait until my opponent wins or loses just to move on? Holy cats!

it draws the arrow for you, does the picture matter that much? If you win 2-0 don't forget to put in your bench for the third game, your main lineup will heal up as if they were benched for a real game.

I just upset the 1 seed 2-0 in the first round of my first UR KotR...hopefully I can beat the winner of the 4/5 game and get myself a pair (which will also be my first two UR wrestlers )

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

and in my experience the third game doesn't get played when it's 2-0, so your team doesn't heal. Perhaps this changed recently though?

I just had a chance to test this and you're right. They must have fixed it at some point because last time I payed attention when I tried it it worked.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

So I finished second in that UR KotR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

That's the one that I only occasionally update but I take all the info from here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...t#gid=413037175

I just copied it because I wanted it sorted by total points instead of name (also because there is a script on that doc that always freezes my browser until I get the option to disable it)

e: I just updated it through UR Pro

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at Sep 7, 2014 around 20:50

«6 »