Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I know there are various preorders available for 2K15, but has anyone heard anything about possible system bundles? I think (assuming the reviews are great), I'll wind up getting a PS4 for this game, but it'd be great if a bundle were going to exist to get it all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

10am PST/1pm EST here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/ign-live-presents-wwe-2k15-roster-reveal

Forgot it was 10 PST and thought I missed the whole thing already. Hopefully it's fun with the people they have involved, although the actual gameplay we've seen lately doesn't leave much to be desired. At least the wrestlers actually look like themselves, yeah? I really want to see this year's Ryback versus last year's monstrosity.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"He just looks like a nice guy!"

I love the banter when these guys can just go out and have fun. Sheamus typically bores me but his comment about his airbrushed abs was really funny.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Death By Yogurt posted:

CM Punk confirmed

That was confirmed last week - one of he spotlight feuds (or whatever) is Punk vs Cena.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Poor Justin Gabriel :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hogan putting Cesaro over pretty big there. That was pretty cool.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

epitasis posted:

why do vids all autoplay now on this dumb site wtf

It's a bug YouTube pushed that interacts with the Chromecast extension. I guess they're working on a fix.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

Wow... zero effort in changing up that entrance. I realize the models look better, but it's identical to WWE 2K14, which was identical to WWE 13

YouTube Doubler

I don't necessarily mind them using the same entrance animations since once a guy has his entrance down, that's pretty much it. The animation itself doesn't look bad in the new version.

I will say, though, that I'm stoked Cena is in the ring during Orton's entrance. I didn't play 2K14 at all, but I'm pretty sure '13 still had the opponent either disappear completely or just stand outside of the ring during his opponent's entrance? I've always hated that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is the IGN First feature always as lousy as it was this month? I feel like there was almost zero information about 2K15 when it was supposed to be their big thing this entire month.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Skunkrocker posted:

Okay... honestly, if you guys were talking about that picture I posted of the all NXT Royal Rumble? Those were CAWs I downloaded with renders hacked in.

You can get those in the community downloads.

How? I've downloaded CAWs before, though in WWE 13 and not any of the 2K games, and have never had one come with a render like that. Is there an extra step I need to do in addition to downloading the CAW, or are they included with the download somehow? I'm totally clueless on that stuff.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Except on the PS4 and the Xbone.

I know I've seen that you can't rip music to the PS4, but does that mean you can't copy music to the PS4 from a thumb drive or something?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Last gen 2k15 has none of the storyline creation stuff from 2k14, so I'd steer the gently caress away from that.

Do the next gen versions have storyline creation?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cardboard Box posted:

I mean yeah commentary in WWE sucks in general but like WWE games have never been able to make it sound like actual live commentary, it's all so flat and stilted and you can tell they're just reading lines off a script, probably in just a single take or two. by contrast the UFC games have for a while had really good, mostly believable commentary and for a long time those were also made by Yuke's so I don't know what the reason for the disparity is

Also, I've heard Lawler's, "And if you want to know what the WWE Universe thinks of THIS superstar, just listen to these cheers!" or whatever it is line in like three of these entrance videos already.

Maybe the UFC games are better commentary-wise because the guys doing the commentary have more passion for it so they're putting in more effort. Lawler has been bored for years.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The chain wrestling and stamina stuff sounds amazing, and if it plays as well as the video leads you to believe it could be a literal game-changer. No more running straight into dropkicks and suplexes and power slams? That'd be awesome.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3ea2iSGC8

I love how huge the ladders are. It's like every ladder is that gigantic joke ladder Big Show used. Hopefully the gigantic steel chair is in there somewhere, too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpgev5TgOaA

Two cool features in this video.

1. Bray Wyatt is ring side in his chair
2. Small thing, but I see crowd members walking left/right on the hard camera. Anything I see replicated in a game from real life is always a bonus no matter how small.

The crowd seems insanely better than it has been in previous games. People lean over to talk to each other, lean forward in their seats from time to time, take pictures, etc. I also feel like I see a lot less of the same character model throughout the crowd.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Genericide posted:

That's a TLC match, because there's an important difference.

That's such a weird/confusing thing. Alarming at first to see no ladder matches, but if it's just because they're using the blanket TLC match then that's totally fine. Same thing anyway.

It is weird that the list mentions no fatal four way HIAC matches, but that you can have six-person HIAC matches.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

89 posted:

I haven't played the game, but wow...they've come a long way from their Ultimate Warrior model.

Old:

New: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4VrZGRbNOw

It's freaky how realistic the character models look. You can basically see his back muscles moving at :50 when he's doing his flexing and poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't anticipate much of a price drop for new-gen games in a short turnaround. A drop to $40, maybe. I remember when Microsoft had their $20 collection and that was a big deal, but we're a ways away from that in this gen (those sorts of deals heavily favored platform exclusives, too). second-hand is your best bet.

According to a leaked GameStop sales flyer, 2K15 will be $40 for Black Friday. Probably some other deals will pop up as well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Those are some terrible looking video game t-shirt armpits.

Also, I thought he was crying in the first gif and was expecting a full entrance of a sobbing Big Show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

Something amuses me that this is the version of Fit Finley they went with

Did he ever not look like a weirdo like this during his time in WCW, though? I remember him looking like this + a mustache in his early WCW days, but I can't remember how long he kept the jacket and mullet sans mustache.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I got 2K15 for Christmas because I like wrestling and I like games. Excited to play it despite the negative reviews thus far. '13 was really fun and looked like poo poo, so maybe it'll be worth it to have a game that looks good but plays like (maybe) poo poo? I dunno. I don't expect much out of these games, I'm just excited to have a new game to play especially considering I didn't play '14 at all.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

For anyone still playing 2K15 - how the gently caress do you do a corner finisher? I gave my CAW the top rope brainbuster as a finisher and never get the prompt to do my finisher. When I whip a guy into the corner, I can't figure out how to place him on the top rope. Any hints?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blast Fantasto posted:

Press up on the right analog stick. This lifts the opponent up to the top rope.

I swear I tried that. Ugh. Gonna give it another whirl when GM Regal decides I'm worthy of an NXT Title shot again :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blast Fantasto posted:

Press up on the right analog stick. This lifts the opponent up to the top rope.

I'm still so loving confused. I sat the guy on the top rope and never got the prompt to hit my finisher. Hitting the circle button just does a normal superplex. I don't know if I'm missing something or what but it's incredibly frustrating.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blast Fantasto posted:

Check the animation for your finisher. Are you sure it's from the top rope? In their terms "Corner Finisher" sometimes means your opponent is down on the mat while you're just standing near one of the turnbuckles.

FINALLY got it. I kept getting flashes of be finisher indicator and whenever I would hit the button I would just grab the dude's leg and let go. This happened three or four times, then I was finally able to hit the drat thing. Ugh.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Solomonic posted:

Did you have enough stamina to do the move

I had a finisher if that's what you're asking? I wasn't aware you needed specific stamina levels to do some finishers.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Solomonic posted:

Yeah, you should be able to see how much stamina a move requires when you're looking at it on your moveset menu thing. I like to do what Basic Chunnel said and call for the finisher beforehand to build stamina as they get up, that usually guarantees it.

I haven't gotten the prompt to do a charged finisher while using a corner finisher, but maybe that's also just a stamina thing. At least now I know what to keep an eye out for.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Giant Bomb did a Quick Look for 5 Star Wrestling and it looks pretty bad, especially this part where Harvee Dee gets stuck on the ropes and then punched through the ring by Gregg Hearty:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

-modded versions of No Mercy on an emulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNDNKVKB04

what. I want this. How do I get this?

And then, how do I play it with an N64 controller?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Weird. They JUST did an Attitude Era thing with Austin two years ago.

Maybe it's just an entire Austin career retrospective? Very unlikely, but it'd be cool to travel as Austin from WCW to ECW to WWE. It's not like they don't have the means to do so.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Great White Hope posted:

News: The non-wrestler for WWE 2k16 has been leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qek2AIfV34

Views: Ahahah this owns

It's weird that this thing is so up to date that Balor is listed as the NXT Champion, but somehow Ambrose is listed as the US Champion.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ahh totally missed the point on that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So excited for artful shots of hats with three-year-old commentary.

Also, when will they realize that having a beautiful looking game doesn't matter if the game plays like poo poo?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

It is gonna be all new commentary because now they will have JBL yelling at Cole and Lawler. So get ready to have even more unbearable commentary. I also just realized they are going to have to a whole lot of new ring introductions now that Justin Roberts is gone. I'm guessing it'll be Lillian and not Eden or JoJo though.

I don't trust them to actually record new lines for Cole and Lawler. They'll just insert JBL's lines around them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Here's another 2K16 video with more junk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sDYEvJB6yE

The announcing and commentary still sucks. No oomph behind the intro for The Lucha Dragons at all and Lillian just sounds so stilted. Then, they enter the ring and Cole or Lawler remarks something about "THIS superstar!"

There are loving two people there. How hard is it to not use singular phrases when a tag team is entering? Cries.

Edit: Ugh. Rollins with Lesnar in a chin lock - "That's the first time we've seen THAT move tonight, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it!"

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 24, 2015

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I was just about to gripe about not being able to be a tag team in career mode, but it turns out you sorta can -- or at least get into tag team feuds.

It would be neat, though, to be a tag team the whole way through.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ugh, the ECW arena is almost enough to make me want to get this game. Love the inclusion of the plants at the entrance. It's a shame they couldn't use (or didn't attempt to get rights to) the likenesses of any of the ECW crowd regulars. Really would have put a nice touch on it. Also, the arena looks WAY too big but that's just me being a whiny baby. I was never there in person and only saw it on TV, so I don't really know the size of it but it certainly looks much larger in the game than on TV.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Can you do a breakout entrance thing if your opponent is introduced first, or do you have to already be in the ring to trigger it?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

Nice! I swear this game always goes on deep discount on black friday.

It does say stuff about "select platforms" and lists the PS4

This is the trick every year. Always wait until Christmas-time if you're on the fence about that year's WWE game, because it can drop super low. I saw last year's get down to $20 in a couple of spots around the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If anyone wants to fart around and chat wrestling (or whatever) a few nights a week, I do some streaming here: https://twitch.tv/gansobomb_

I'm playing exclusively N64 wrestling games for now and am just about to finish WCW vs nWo: World Tour. I played through Revenge first, and I'll follow up with Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, and then maybe some of the Japanese games if I can get my hands on them. I have a copy of Brave Spirits but I'm thinking of picking up Virtual Pro Wrestling as well.

Currently my schedule is Monday & Thursday at 8:30 ET/7:30 CT and Saturday at 6:05 ET/5:05 CT to keep with the WCW theme. I'll probably keep that schedule, though, because it's been working out pretty well for me.