Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

More about the rivalry mode:
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/11/wwe-2k15s-historical-rivalry-mode-stars-cm-punk-shawn-michaels/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I'm pretty sure just the Career mode was "next-gen only," but who knows.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeahhhh... no animation, no buys.

At first I thought this was a joke, but then someone posted an IGN link, so maybe it's not. I'm confused, but still laughing.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

You get a pack of cards randomly to begin with, one top tier one middle tier, then some scrub cards. My top tier was Christian. I feel bad for anyone who got Ryder

I got a rare Ricky Steamboat, uncommon Ryback, and a bunch of commons. I saw Christian was one of my commons, and I was hoping that the game sort of ranked wrestlers overall, which would be funny and possibly offensive.

But you're saying Christian was top-tier for you, so I guess that's not likely. My common Christian was 'pre-show old man'-lookin' Christian, though, so maybe it's by era.

I solemnly swear not to spend a dime on this game.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It kind of reminds me of euchre a little bit, since you are trying to play your cards in the right order to take the majority of the "tricks." That's what I like about it anyway. And feeding my Super Rare Mr. McMahon with Rusevs and Roses.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Mayostard posted:

I guess there are some people spending money on Super Card since I just faced an Epic Taker and Ultra Rare Savage in SR+ tier exhibition.

The only nice thing about that is that having those cards is going to raise their rank and push them into a higher tier of players quicker, so you won't have to see them for too long.

If/when we get to the last tier... then the money-spenders will do all of the winning. And I will feed every character to my already-maxed Mr. McMahon champion.

Is the Champion role, that you set, simply to pick which person is your icon to other people?

Also, I found that King of the Ring is actually a little bit fun as long as you pay attention to it. I would, however, recommend that you completely ignore it until you hit a point (say, Super Rare rank) where you aren't upgrading your main exhibition roster every other card draw. Because after you assign those cards to KOTR, you can't eat or combine them. However, you can still train them, and doing so will help both your KOTR progress and your regular 'rank' progress.

Chinook fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 17, 2014

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Blasmeister posted:

As far as I can tell, yes. And thus Rare Fandango shall be my forever champion. I guess as most people set one of their squad as the champ, you can gain a tiny edge putting a card not in your squad as your avatar, but that's probably more effort than this game really requires.

Yeah, I think that would require that you're actually playing real people though, and I suspect that's not the case at all. You're playing a decent AI which is utilizing an actual user's roster. I've never noticed having to wait for someone to pick their turn, and obviously you would if it were truly concurrent.

Hey also, is there any way to play with my same roster on my iPad? I play on my iPhone now. Gamecenter login, maybe? It's packed away or else I'd check. Thanks!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Shima Honnou posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Punchsport Pagoda > Punchsport Pagoda Games Thread: WWE2k15 Discussion Only

Yeah but what would the games thread talk about the 9 months out of the year that everyone stops playing 2k?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

IcePhoenix posted:

After seeing people talking about it on twitter I finally downloaded this card game and oh god I can't stop. So what's the "optimal" way to level up cards? Max them before pro-ing them? Do I need to max both of them for the best results?

Yes and yes!

The nice thing is that the pro version has 20% higher stats than the previous cards, AND starts fresh at level 0 out of whatever. (the level cap is higher, also). So those first 5 levels are so are really quick to get, and they get powerful quickly.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

simosimo posted:

So how do rares / SRs appear? Are we only limited to one per tier, or is it just a tiny chance of getting SRs. I've seen people with 2, maybe 3? Are these people just lucky or is there something else going on?

There are 6 tiers of cards. Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare, Epic, Legendary. I think that's it, anyway.

There are more "ranks" for your "hand" (roster?) that you use in Exhibition mode. Notice that if you swap in weaker cards, you might drop down lower. The current rank of your hand determines who you will be matched against, and what drops might fill your "rare" slot on the board. Initially you get Rare (the first "rank"), and it goes up from there.

Super Rare cards can drop once you hit the Super Rare rank, but at a low likelihood. After ranking up to Super Rare+, you'll (supposedly) be fighting harder folks, but also (supposedly) have a higher chance at getting a Super Rare card. Super Rare ++ rank follows that, and then Ultra Rare?/Epic, I guess... I forget the exact order.

One other thing I've noticed is that the Exhibition Rank seems to be based on the total number of stat points in your hand/roster, and nothing else. If I switched out a Green Natalya with 400 points and put in a Rare AJ Lee in with 350 total, my rank drops.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Perigryn posted:

I just scored my first Super Rare (AJ) with POW 94 TGH 96 SPD 109 CHA 111 (and a special ability for +20 SPD)

Eva Marie's going down!

You are very lucky! Getting anything better than an uncommon Diva is like finding a gem in a pile of poo poo when not looking for a gem.

I just ended up totally maxing 2 UC Natalyas and combining, and that wins more than it loses. I hate to say it, but I think they should add an option to the pay-store for a rare Diva, Super Rare Diva, etc... they would make money.

(ps- Yeah, I'm getting fairly sick of Eva Marie too)

I might make a thread about this game tomorrow if there's enough interest. I have a feeling that there are certain (sane) people who would rather talk about the game they are going to be disappointed by in October, or min-maxing and editing xml files in TEW, instead of hearing about a glorified MLB Pro Slam P2W shitfest like Supercard. :)

In the meantime, if someone wants to make it, go ahead, and I'll try to compile some basic rules and pics that they can edit in.

Chinook fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 17, 2014

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh yeah i forgot.

:(

Just act like the Cody Rhodes with a crazy mask is Mankind.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Retromancer posted:

I still don't know who was clamoring to have Vergil in WWE games.

This guy:

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Warrior and Vince, right now. Or Warriors and Ricky Steamboat.

So here's a tip, aside from (or in addition to) that cheating thing up there. I just found out that you can save up your card picks by just backing out after you are awarded 1 or 2 after a match. Save up a bunch, and during King of the Ring turnovers, get a bunch of energies at once and bump up your team.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I've been pretty happy with my good cards (Warrior, Steamboat, Vince, ADR, Natalya). I would be a lot sadder if I was forced to play with the loving Usos/Xavier Woods/Adam Rose/Swagger/Batista just because that's all that would drop.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Tato posted:

Can you combine 2 pro cards? As in, if I have 4 rare Justin Gabriels and combine them into 2 Pro Rare Justin Gabriels, can I then combine the pro cards together?

No. Max out 2 cards, then combine them, then train them again. That's as good as they'll get.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

In Supercard, there are the blue and yellow diamonds for synergy between different characters. Is there any common theme for why a given guy is one or the other? Are the blues more likely to be faces/heels? Is it by era? I don't have/see enough Yellow types to figure it out.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

DoctorDelaware posted:

So, I won that KotR, and got...two rare ADRs. To go with my two SR ADRs, I guess.

And then I combined my rare Hogans before one of them had fully leveled up. *headdesk*

It'll be nicer when you sign up for the next KOTR, because your nicer cards will qualify you for two Super Rares instead, and so on.

Claytor posted:

My best card, by far, is my Level 0 Rare Pro Great Khali.

Have you ever gotten the impression that a game was punishing you for playing it?

Why haven't you leveled that Pro Khali? The first 10 levels are so go fast, and will make a big difference.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

Alright enough is enough, I need a god drat decent Diva card asap :colbert: I have a lineup of Pro Super Rares and all I have for a diva is a rare Natalya.

Same here. However, two Uncommon Natalyas trained to the max and combined, then trained to max again will be much stronger than your maxed rare. So do that in the meantime.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm almost done with Super Rare+ tier and I haven't got one god drat Super Rare the entire time I've been playing this tier

Try out KOTR. It's kinda fun, and as long as you've stuffed in your best cards, I bet you'll be in the tier where you'll almost surely get a SR card.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Is anyone else getting a whole lot of "waiting for network" in Supercard tonight? More than usual for me.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

IcePhoenix posted:

I just got two Super Rare Andre's in the space of about five cards. I have no idea how good he is compared to the other SRs though.

Are KotRs going to be running during maintenance or will it freeze? The tournament portion is going to start at like 5am for me if it doesn't freeze and I don't want to get knocked out before I wake up and can use energy cards

They will be delayed until maintenance is over according to their forums.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I abuse the poo poo out of it, and I lost no progress at all. I am still abusing it.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, they fixed the glitch?? I've been using it all morning

Yeah, surprisingly it makes the game better. It's not like you're playing against real people anyway..

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

Did they fix the glitch in Supercard? I can't play a card twice anymore

Seems like it. That little arrow downloading icon on the title screen? That's what did it, I think. My buddy says it's still working for him, but once that completes it'll be gone, I bet.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Haha, that sucks. Why do you think they'd rather not get Legendary rewards, though?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Liar Lyre posted:

After finally maxing out my team, I start getting a decent influx of UR cards. My maxed out SRs are still better though.

I've maxed out 3 SR-Pros, and my single UR Macho Man, but I've hit a wall with drawing anything but Charisma Boosts and so on. Of the last 10 "rare" draws, I've gotten 8 useless boosts (already maxed), a rare Titus O'Neill, and some other lovely rare.

It's like the game is telling me "play KOTR now", but I'm one pixel away from UR rank in KOTR.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Steve Vader posted:

I really want to get a Macho Man card. or Demolition cards. Are there Demolition cards?

You can check the Card Catalog at the bottom of the main game screen. I haven't seen those, though.

Questions about KOTR:
Do you simply need a winning record to advance to the tournament in KOTR? So, there's 45 rounds of qualifying. Once my record is 23 and X, I can just put it down for a while, right?

Does your record in qualifying have any impact in your seeding for the tournament? It seems like I've gone in twice with great records, once started against the #2 guy, once against #11 or something... could someone corroborate this? :)

Also, is it possible to move from Super Rare to Ultra Rare DURING the tournament somehow? Either by being right on the cusp and training those cards and bumping the meter, or some other method?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Sockser posted:

Nope!

I deliberately dropped my KoTR team from UR to SR because I'm confident I'll be able to take first or second and score a set of SR's to turn pro, which will help me climb the slog that is the game after SR. Switched out some bullshit lv25 SR for a grey and replaced my UR Brie with a level 1 SR AJ, and then proceeded to level that AJ up to about 20 or so, since she's going to get combined with my other SR AJ and become my hot new Diva.

(I think. Double-Maxed Maxed Pro of one tier seems to always be better than a maxed non-pro of the next tier, so double-max SR AJ, in theory, should be > non-pro UR Brie, I think. Or I'm about to waste a lot of time and cards)

You're right about the double-maxed pros. I still have a Rare pro AJ, and I'm in the epic tier. I just haven't seen a SR Diva ever. She still wins most of the time, somehow.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

What the gently caress is the deal with the Usos?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

epitasis posted:

haven't they already announced the pc 2k15 will be feature-equivalent with the next-gen console versions

I wasn't even aware that a PC 2K15 was ever announced.

Should :f5: more, sorry.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

AlmightyPants posted:

Or to train both non-pro versions of the cards to max before combining them?

Bingo. Max both original cards, then combine them. Then max that guy. He'll be topped out.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I was in that same spot and almost quit. I switched out for 2 commons and dropped down to a low rank, then just won 2 out of 3 to win a bunch of picks without thinking, then put my real team back and used all the picks.

On android it's easy, you just hit the back button on the pick screen to avoid picking. On iOS you just hit the bottom right area to buy cards, say "Yes", and then hit the home button to go back to the title screen. Repeat until you have 50 picks.

This might not help you as much because you are winning all the time, but I was in Epic (barely) and dropped down to UR+ and it made a big difference.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

In Supercard, how long is it exactly between the beginning of two matches? I want to guess it's 59 minutes, because the matches are three 3-minute rounds, and there seems to be 50 minutes between them. Is that right? I want to be able to say, "Oh, it's the top of the hour, I should check", at times, but I don't think that'll work if it's going back a minute every hour..

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Mayostard posted:

So the qualifying round is 45 hours in total?

Yes, apparently. So try not to start a KOTR first thing when you wake up, since the bracket will start (if you qualify) right in the middle of the night, and you'll wake up a big loser. I've done this more than I haven't.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Got Pro SR Andre, dumped my entire stack of commons and uncommons into him.

:magical:

It gets a bit sillier later:

Not mine. :(

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

What smashpro1 is trying to say is when you combine 2 of the same card, ideally you want them to both be fully trained first, so you get the maximum stats in your new, trainable pro card.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I know I must sound like the most gigantic pain in the rear end here, and just tell me if I am, but can anyone give me a quick basics beginner rundown of SuperCard now that I've finally downloaded it?

This is a very helpful guide:
http://www.reddit.com/r/wwesupercard/comments/2dnnje/definitive_wwe_supercard_how_tofaqs/

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

I think you need 4 Support Cards to fill out your KOTR deck? That's about it anyway. I just feed all my Rares & below to my deck

Yeah. And since support cards can bump up your KOTR ranking based on the total stat change provided, you could arguably have a use for two of the same exact card if it's powerful enough. Just keep one in your backup support slots to get the bump in rank. Even three of the same card, putting both in the backup slots.

Otherwise, yeah, there's not a point in keeping any more then 1 of a support card, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

smashpro1 posted:

Never seen that, before.

Yeah, that happens sometimes because some assets are missing. Just go back to the title screen and see if it's trying to download anything. If not, maybe restart the program. I've seen it a few times; it goes away. :)