Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Burn my mouth with it. Burn my mouth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

Burn my mouth with it. Burn my mouth!

ME FIRST

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
There's plenty, you guys shoulda come over!

Escape From Noise

I made some kimchi fried rice. It turned out pretty good. Could probably have used more kimchi.

First I threw some onions and green peppers in the wok with some vegetable oil and sesame oil.

Threw in some pork as well as some salt and pepper (push it real good)

Pepper flakes BB

Sprouts!

A little garlic and ginger.

Time to mix it up!

Added the rice.

Kimchi time. Also added soy sauce, mirin, and cooking sake.

A bit of scrambled egg

It's finished

I know it's nothing special but it turned out alright. I'd like to have more kimchi. Also would have probably been better with some Korean chili paste but a solid base.

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Looks tasty as hell.

Escape From Noise

Taco night!

Finger Prince

I just whipped up a marinade for chicken legs out of an arbitrary amount of Olive oil, soy sauce, garlic paste, shallot paste, dried rosemary and basil, few splashes of bottled lemon juice, mirin, and liquid mesquite smoke, and whole buttermilk. Dipped my finger in to taste, and daaaamn that's tasty. Will see how it roasts up, kind of wish I'd measured now. If I had to guess, maybe 50-75ml oil, 1/2 tbsp of each paste, 1/2-1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp smoke, 1/2 tsp mirin 1/2-1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp of each dry herb, 150ish ml of buttermilk, maybe closer to 200ml. Not gonna do fried chicken because I haven't got a deep fryer and any alternatives are super duper messy and a pain. I hate doing home deep frying. I'm thinking of just doing a low heat slow roast, unless someone has any other ideas.

Finger Prince

Ok the time has come again for the maybe once a yearish Making of a Shitload of Bigos!

The start:

Half a huge Spanish onion, roughly diced; 2 celery stalks, one carrot, 5 cloves garlic, finely diced; about 2/3 of a fennel bulb, one white cabbage, shredded; sauerkraut; some bone-in city ham (sort of like gammon, or as close as you can get here) that's been in the freezer forever; hunk o' garlic kielbasa, some odd baked bacon with I think raisins in it? From the Ukrainian deli.
(not pictured: ~750ml of mushroom stock, a heap of caraway seeds, about 1/4-1/2 tsp each of dried rosemary, allspice, sweet paprika, rubbed sage, thyme powder)

Start with bacon to get some fat rendered

Add onions and sofrito and spices

Some flour to thicken

. [put some stock in and half a jar of sauerkraut]
. [rest of meat goes here]
. [stir it all up]

Dump in all the cabbage, fennel, couple bay leaves, sprinkle more caraway on top. Stir as well as you can without knocking it all out because it's really full!

Then put the lid on and put it in the oven at 300F/150C for 4 hours, stir it at 2.5 hours or not, probably fine without stirring.

Makes 5 delicious servings!

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 13, 2020

Escape From Noise

I keep trying to make dashi maki tamago. This is my fourth attempt.

It's not very good but before closing down I got 20 eggs from work, plus the dozen I had just bought so I have plenty of time and plenty of eggs.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I have plenty of time and plenty of eggs.

Make deviled eggs!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I-a make-ah da pizza!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

Still not quite there but better than my last attempt. Progress!

unknown butthole

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
*shoveling stroganoff in my mouth at 8 am to stave off a hangover*

Resting Lich Face

Bacon in a Dutch oven. Excuse me, "lardons", hon hon hon!

Let's make fond!

In go the carrots and onion. Finely minced because I don't like onion chunks in my food.

Pot was a bit dry so I tossed the bacon back in to get everything lubed up in delicious grease.

Add the beef and some flour.

Then toss that bad boy in the oven for like 10 minutes or so I dunno I didn't time it.

Lots more color will result. Color = flavor.

Add a wholeass bottle of red wine and a bunch of beef stock (about 50:50 but I didn't measure or any thing)

Simmer off the booze, and send it back into a much less hot oven for a long time.

Resting Lich Face

Boil em, bake em, stick em in my face.

Beef's best friend.

Brush a fluffy sweetheart while you wait on the potatos.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 20, 2020

Resting Lich Face

This is french cooking, so just a quarter stick of butter isnt enough. We need more.

And in they go with the beef

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 20, 2020

Resting Lich Face

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

this is art, the process is art, a+

Resting Lich Face

I think cooking is my calling in life. It's not my career or anything, but it's what brings me joy.

Sorry the last 2 pics suck. My phone was low on battery and wouldn't flash, and it takes crap pictures with flash off.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 20, 2020

Finger Prince

I can taste this in my mouth just looking at it. Not just the taste but the texture too. Weird. Nice job.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

yummmmm. I think i guessed beef bourguignon after like the third photo!

Poise
Tonight I made:

STEAK FRITES

(well... oven frites... but still frites :cool:)

Theres a little sriracha aioli there and a balsamic shallot sauce... the skirt steak was marinated in a mixture of Dijon, olive oil, garlic, chilis, shallot, balsamic, and Worcestershire. Was tasty!

Bonus shot of skirt steak cut in half before slicing across the grain:

:banjo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Resting Lich Face

Hell yeah.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Poise posted:

Tonight I made:

STEAK FRITES

(well... oven frites... but still frites :cool:)

Theres a little sriracha aioli there and a balsamic shallot sauce... the skirt steak was marinated in a mixture of Dijon, olive oil, garlic, chilis, shallot, balsamic, and Worcestershire. Was tasty!

Bonus shot of skirt steak cut in half before slicing across the grain:

:banjo:

:golfclap: that's beautiful work. i hope it was as delicious as it looked.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i'm making butter chicken :getin: and i'm gonna try to effortpost it sometime in the coming week, have you done a butter chicken yet

Poise

Kief Richards posted:

:golfclap: that's beautiful work. i hope it was as delicious as it looked.

Thanks yobberino, it was quite nice! Looking forward to seeing your butter chicken method and results!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

Not the prettiest looking thing, but I made a bok choy stir fry because I need to eat a bit healthier. Been not doing so much of that lately.

Resting Lich Face

Kief Richards posted:

i'm making butter chicken :getin: and i'm gonna try to effortpost it sometime in the coming week, have you done a butter chicken yet

Oh yeah; one of my favorites. Been a while I need to make it again.

Escape From Noise

I made some masoor daal again, which is always nice. I'm soaking chickpeas for hummus now and have boiled beats in the refrigerator to make into a sorta veggie borscht once my new food processor comes tomorrow. I may need more Tupperware.

Finger Prince

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I made some masoor daal again, which is always nice. I'm soaking chickpeas for hummus now and have boiled beats in the refrigerator to make into a sorta veggie borscht once my new food processor comes tomorrow. I may need more Tupperware.

Beetroot hummus! Do it. With dill. I've only ever had store-bought, but it's really good.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Im outside, the grill is lit, i'm high off a few horks of vape, and i think my neighbors are trying to 4 part harmoney Journey or some poo poo.
Lmao it sounded like doo-wop Bon Jovi.

Lol theyve moved on to Gn'R's version of Knocking on Heavens Door and it sounds like frat boys trying to do reggae.
I wish i was having that kinda fun on the regs.

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 3, 2020

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Last night i schnitzeled my favorite schnitzel, a jägerschnitzel

Queen-Of-Hearts

:goatdrugs:
Friends we are off to the races

:goatdrugs:

Queen-Of-Hearts

The times to come, shortly: in which i yeet this bird down mine throat.

Resting Lich Face

Coming soon to an effortpost near you: homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. YEEEEEHAW :banjo:

Escape From Noise

Resting Lich Face posted:

Coming soon to an effortpost near you: homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. YEEEEEHAW :banjo:

drat. That sounds good

Derpies

by sebmojo

Resting Lich Face posted:

I'll make a Feijoda in the next day or two to match ur biscuits dawg

Resting Lich Face

Prob this weekend. I've been buying groceries in larger bulk than usual lately to minimize going outside so I haven't been to pick the stuff up yet.

Escape From Noise

I finally made kala chana chaat 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face

I didnt forget it just took a while to get around to making it.

Mmm tasty. The biscuits could have been thicker but it is okay.