Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«80 »
SweetWillyRollbar

Would an advertising executive
Understand where the homeless live?
Would he know about the bubbles in his glass?
Would the bubbles in his glass
Understand what the man's golf cart is?
Do they know you can die frozen underneath an overpass?

It is hummus time, my orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetWillyRollbar

Kala chana curry

SweetWillyRollbar

Punjabi Chole Masala

Resting Lich Face

Willy pls cook for me thanks

SweetWillyRollbar

Resting Lich Face posted:

Willy pls cook for me thanks

Any time you're around! If not here's the recipe I used.
https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/p...-a-spicy-gravy/

Poise

KABOB:

KABOB:

KABOB:

KABOB AND POTATO:

edit: Forgot to include the meat ones are beef, bell pepper, cipollini onion, and mushrooms; the fish ones are mahi mahi, pineapple, and tomato. They all just have olive oil/salt/pepper on them. One of the greatest kabob tricks I picked up (I think from Alton Brown) is to use small whole onions like these cipollinis or pearl onions or something instead of a cut up larger onion, which always just falls apart during kabobbing. Another trick I do for kabobs is to cook the veggies (not the pineapple/tomatoes tho which I guess are both fruits not veggies anyway ) in the oven for about 15 mins before letting them cool and assembling the kabobs to grill, I find that if you just go with raw veggies with raw meat/fish (this assumes you're grilling), the meat or fish will be overcooked as fugck by the time the veggies are cooked enough.

Poise fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 27, 2020

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

^^^Those look great^^^^ Kebabs are so easy and i always forget to do them. My local middle eastern store has some soujouk seasoning mix that is incredible with a little lemon juice and olive oil as a kebab marinade. I'd never thought of precooking the veg but that is a good idea.

It's summer y'all. Snap beans, baby squash from the garden and onions sauteed in bacon grease, hoecake, fried green tomato.

ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Poise

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

^^^Those look great^^^^ Kebabs are so easy and i always forget to do them. My local middle eastern store has some soujouk seasoning mix that is incredible with a little lemon juice and olive oil as a kebab marinade. I'd never thought of precooking the veg but that is a good idea.

It's summer y'all. Snap beans, baby squash from the garden and onions sauteed in bacon grease, hoecake, fried green tomato.

I want to shove those GBD fried green tomatoes into my facehole, nice job.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poise

Today was BBQ PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES

Started with a bird on the rotisserie:

On the bird is a rub of chili powder, granulated garlic, granulated onion, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and ground mustard, plus some olive oil and salt/pepper. The same rub is inside the bird's cavity with salt/pepper, where I also stuffed it with onion/carrot/celery while roasting to keep it moist and give it those aromatic flavors. You can see I employ an aluminum foil drip tray - I once did it without that and when I came out to check things, my grill was on fire and my bird was blackened and destroyed, it cost me everything. The thin aluminum foil lets the bird still essentially get direct heat from the burners below to get that delicious golden brown rotisserie finish, but prevents the grill from becoming an inferno.

I didn't get a full pic of the bird before I carved half of it to do the pulled chicken but here's how it came out:

And here's the finished bbq pulled chicken:

I made the BBQ sauce inspired by Matty Matheson's sauce recipe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkrmGcgNp2g
but IMO he adds too much mustard powder and not enough cider vinegar and I like it tangy so I tweaked it a bit, also dumped in my leftover dry rub from earlier.
The recipe uses a full can of coke, a bunch of ketchup, a bunch of mustard, and a bunch of vinegar - it makes a large volume of sauce so I saved about 2/3 of it for later (I'll be doing WINGS NIGHT in a few days and will def use this as a base to make some of the wings BBQ CHICKEN WINGS) and used the rest for the pulled chicken. I also added in the resting drippings from the rotisserie to the portion of sauce I used for the pulled chicken - I gave the resting drippings a finger lick test and it was so dang tasty I didn't wanna waste it.
The coleslaw is simple bag of shredded cabbage coleslaw blend from the store with a dressing I made with about a 60-40 mix of mayo and Greek yogurt, plus cider vinegar and salt/pepper.
In the back there is some baby spinach with garlic and a touch of lemon.
The beans are from a can
Oh and for a BBQ sandwich like this nothing beats an ONION ROLL.

It all came out pretty dope!

Poise fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 29, 2020

----------------

«80 »