Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

The pumpkin isn't bad but if I make it again I think I'll cut it. It doesn't fit very well even though I like the texture a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

Last week I did like a pot roast but with indian spices, sweet potatoes instead of white and some frozen coconut+coconut milk and it was good but the star of the show was the sweet potatoes and carrots in the rich coconut broth over sweet kokuho rice. i will definitely revisit this, maybe just with chickpeas instead of beef

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I'm pretty loving pleased with how this lentil soup came out.

drat

Escape From Noise

poverty goat posted:

Last week I did like a pot roast but with indian spices, sweet potatoes instead of white and some frozen coconut+coconut milk and it was good but the star of the show was the sweet potatoes and carrots in the rich coconut broth over sweet kokuho rice. i will definitely revisit this, maybe just with chickpeas instead of beef

It's been a while since I made it but I remember this recipe for coconut curry with black chickpeas being good.
https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/kala-chana-curry-recipe/

Poise

Mama mia, that is a nice looking lasagne.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Poise

poverty goat posted:

I made this pizza

goddamn I want this

----------------

Poise
Ey yobbers I made a beef tenderloin after getting a crazy deal on a little 2 lb roast for 20 bucks (just me and the lady so its plenty for the two of us).

0n the side is a simple green salad with a basic Dijon vinaigrette, but more importantly on the side there I made Chef John's potatoes romanoff and they were loving bomb:

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2019/10/potatoes-romanoff-this-didnt-stay-in.html

I also made a little pan sauce for the roast (beef tloin doesn't have a lot of fat to render out and facilitate a pan sauce so I added a lil butter :chaostrump:); looking at the piccy I should have left it out for the photo but oh well.

:banjo:

----------------

Goons Are Gifts

That looks so drat great I'm tasting the greatness by looking at it

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/270310/instant-pot-italian-wedding-soup/
does that look good? if not maybe post another recipe ive never had this soup and it soudns good as hell

FutonForensic

Gone Fashing posted:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/270310/instant-pot-italian-wedding-soup/
does that look good? if not maybe post another recipe ive never had this soup and it soudns good as hell

yeah that should be good. if you make your own meatballs, brown them in the instant pot to get some nice fond on the bottom to incorporate in the soup

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I haven't made that recipe, but Ina Garten's italian wedding soup is delicious

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

Ina Garten's I'm eatin' baby...

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Ina Garten's I'm eatin' baby...

honestly if Ina put out a recipe for cooked human baby I would try it and I bet it would be delicious. How easy is that?

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
nice I got the ingredients and gonna try it now. got some premade meatballs from the deli

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

honestly if Ina put out a recipe for cooked human baby I would try it and I bet it would be delicious. How easy is that?

I get my babies from my garden, but if you don't have a baby garden, store bought is fine.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Kief Richards posted:

I get my babies from my garden, but if you don't have a baby garden, store bought is fine.

I can’t wait for Jeffrey to get home. On Friday nights I like to cook something special-and baby is his favorite.

Escape From Noise

I meant it as an In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida riff but also this makes sense

Escape From Noise

Switched up my miso soup routine and used a white miso base with eggplant, green onion, silken tofu, and shimeji mushrooms. Also made some pretty routine ginger pork.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I made a Salade Niçoise with sous vided tuna steak and quick-pickled red onions and it was really good.

dressing is just a mix of olive oil + lemon juice + dijon + a little bit of honey + salt & peper, which the potatoes and beans were tossed in, with the remainder drizzled over.

poverty goat

I cooked some foods

butter chicken

This was an off-the-cuff butter chicken that turned out amazing. I started w/ chicken in a marinade of yogurt, soy sauce, half juice of half a lemon, a few cloves of garlic, a serrano pepper and a thumb of ginger pureed. Sauted a handful of raw cashews till golden brown in the oil, then removed them, built the sauce from onions/tomatoes/garlic and then cooked the chicken in it w/ the marinade and the cashews and pureed the sauce at the end w/ some cilantro and homebrew garam masala and probably a little sour cream iirc. This is my signature butter chicken now, it was so drat good. The only thing it needs is a little charred flavor from the chicken being grilled (or tandoor'd) instead of cooked in the sauce. Also pictured: artichoke with lemon butter

Taowanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup

This caught my eye for being really simple, and it was. The Michiu I got was a full 20% alcohol and I followed the recipe w/r/t the barest simmer and trying not to reduce it, and it came out really unpleasantly boozy, but a quick burst of rolling boil cleared that up. It's still a bit boozy, but also delicious. Great w/ a little hot oil on top.

Fall-Apart Caramelized Cabbage

I added chickpeas toward the end so I could call it a whole dinner. The cabbage came out really savory, juicy and bursting with flavor and it was a satisfying meal w/ the chickpeas and rice and a little sour cream

the gordon ramsey egg

it's like a french omelet and eggs benedict had a baby

Also I made chicken + vegetable soup yesterday but forgot to take any pics

e:

Homemade stock, had some red cabbage and woodear mushrooms to use and at that point the broth is pretty dark so why not just go black and season with dark soy sauce? It's really rich and tasty. Secret ingredient: parm rind

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 11, 2020

Escape From Noise

I really like making toast with a really rustic kind of bread, spreading it with some chevre, adding some red onion, tomato, and bitter leafy greens, then topping that with a fried egg.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

poverty goat posted:

I cooked some foods

butter chicken

Fall-Apart Caramelized Cabbage

e:

Lol at the good dogges

poverty goat

I made soup

itty bitty baby boy

how do you do that thing with colored text in this box
hi fine dining effortpost funhouse, i just got an air fryer. I dehydrated some zucchini chips (good) and made some potatoes (not as good) and i'm looking for air fryer opinions hit me up.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
A friend made chicken wings in his, they were crispy and good

He fried them without sauce, I think they might be even better if they were cooked sauce on and maybe hit up with more sauce afterward but yeah! They were good

super sweet best pal

Got a growing light. Here it is attached to a homemade PVC structure balanced between the sewing table and a folding table because there's no good place to hang it in my apartment.

Ideally I'd like to get some shelves to hang it on but that will have to wait. For now, what's that growing under it?

It's pea shoots! Time to harvest those bad boys.

This was the second harvest I got out of these plants. I've been adding them to salads and sandwiches over the past week and it looks like I'll have enough for next week. Let's grab a handful of them and make them into something with that jar of mustard and some other vegetables.

Here we go. Going to chop that up and half of that onion and three of those friggin' friggitelli.

There, now what's in the fridge that we can add to those? Some kind of greasy box?

Wait...

What are you doing here leftover roaster?

It can't be...

IT IS!

Chickencheese!

Two chickencheese and enough for more.

Think I'll try growing radishes next.

Finger Prince

I kind of want to see a fine dining take on American Business Hotel buffet breakfast.

Like, powdered eggs but maybe formed into a small cube, and flavoured with something. Mystery meat sausage patty only made with real heritage breed pork or wild boar, all organic and stuff. Turkey gravy only somehow better than the stuff at a hotel breakfast? I dunno that stuff still weirds me out. Waffle, still made in the diy waffle iron, but with honest to goodness fresh Belgian waffle batter.

Finger Prince

It's time for patacones!
Get yourself a green plantain (bit of yellow ok but mainly green)

Chop it up into roughly 1" or so chunks

Boil 'em up like potatoes!

(I forgot to time for how long so just guess, until they're soft and you can poke em with a pointy thing without too much trouble, and they look like they're getting soft around the sides)

Take them out and squash them flat with the back of a knife or spatula or the heel of your hand (but they're hot so be careful).

(I've done them prettier before but I may have boiled these too long. End result is still fine tho).

Into some hot oil!

Patacones!

Tossed em in a bowl with some salt flakes and a little dusting of cinnamon I had left over from a marinade I made.

No photos of the finished product because they didn't last long enough.

super sweet best pal

Tonight's dinner: bag of mixed beans, vegetables and the leftover roast beef tossed in the Instant Pot.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
postin' noods

seared some pork then slathered it in gochujang sauce, put it in a covered casserole dish with some veggies and broth and let it simmer away at 300 all afternoon til it was falling apart, then shredded some over noddles with the strained broth. topped with whatever was in the fridge that needed using (sauteed leeks, scallions, daikon, kimchi, carrot, mushrooms). and a 7-minute egg.

Finger Prince

Entropic posted:

postin' noods

seared some pork then slathered it in gochujang sauce, put it in a covered casserole dish with some veggies and broth and let it simmer away at 300 all afternoon til it was falling apart, then shredded some over noddles with the strained broth. topped with whatever was in the fridge that needed using (sauteed leeks, scallions, daikon, kimchi, carrot, mushrooms). and a 7-minute egg.

drat, them some nice noods.

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Ooo what's this?

The mise is en place.

We makin fond baby. I have a deep fondness for fond.

My oven gloves are cooler than yours.

Soaking up that deliciousness with our sofrito (minus onions because I forgot to buy one)

Invited my best friend garlic to the party plus a bit of onion powder.

Cheap red wine taking its rightful place as an ingredient, not a drink.

Though for a under $5 wine it was surprisingly drinkable. Most went into the sauce but its illegal to make italian food while sober so I did what I must.

In go the crushed tomatos and browned beef. San Marzano is the one true path and well worth the expense.

Oregano and red pepper flakes. I finally got new dried oregano. My old bottle expired in 2013.

Goodbye for 4 hours! :byewhore:

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 4, 2020

pile of brown
Who doesn't have onions like what

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I forgot to put one on the list. Produce was picked clean last week so I didn't have one sitting around like I usually would.

Resting Lich Face

You know that it's :discourse: just right when the flesh falls off the bone.

Ohhhh baby

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Resting Lich Face posted:

You know that it's :discourse: just right when the flesh falls off the bone.

Ohhhh baby

Omg sis are you making sauce rn

Resting Lich Face

Bit of sauce into the ricotta.

Not pretty but tasty.

Cheese!

Oh poo poo this is a lasagna?!

All layered up.

And into the oven for a while. Gotta peel the foil off shortly.

Finished product sexies incoming.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Omg this is illegal

I would fight for a slice of that sagne

Resting Lich Face

Tastes really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

:f5:

E:what timing! looks A+++ would eat