Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Roll that poo poo, light that poo poo, smoke that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Eggplant parmesan takes for loving eveeeeerrrrrrr.
I'm hungry!

Finger Prince

things I learned:
Use two full sized baking trays in the big oven because that will save like half an hour.
Make more marinara.
Use a bit more mozerella.
Start earlier than you think.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Eggplant parm is always worth the wait though. Post them plants, please?

Robot Made of Meat

Finger Prince posted:

things I learned:
Use two full sized baking trays in the big oven because that will save like half an hour.
Make more marinara.
Use a bit more mozerella.
Start earlier than you think.

Marinara freezes really well and is useful for many things. Always make more marinara. (also always use more cheese)

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Finger Prince

Teddy Thunders posted:

Eggplant parm is always worth the wait though. Post them plants, please?

I should have taken a picture when it was fresh in the casserole dish because the leftovers are now in the fridge in plastic containers and not really appetizing looking.
It was very tasty though!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Marinara freezes really well and is useful for many things. Always make more marinara. (also always use more cheese)

This is eternal wisdom. I have a freezer full of red sauces just because of this and it makes "gently caress, what are we having for dinner? I have to eat AGAIN?" more like "oh gently caress yes we can have pasta in ten minutes, thanks past me."

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I need cooking wisdom.

I love Sazon from Goya but gently caress Goya. Could I do the same thing with a decent homemade adobo blend and a fuckload of MSG? I also have colorants at my disposal.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I think I bought too many annatto seeds but vOv I'll use em. I have things to dye too, not just to cook.

more falafel please

forums poster

looks like it's basically annato, pretty standard staple spices and msg https://www.skinnytaste.com/homemade-sazon-seasoning-mix/

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Prof. Crocodile

Robot Made of Meat posted:

a
b
c

always
be
cooking more marinara

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

more falafel please posted:

looks like it's basically annato, pretty standard staple spices and msg https://www.skinnytaste.com/homemade-sazon-seasoning-mix/

This sounds amazing. I'm gonna try this.

more falafel please

forums poster

that recipe is for how to make it without MSG, which I want to go on record as being opposed to on principle, so I guess reduce the salt a bit and add msg

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MSG is delicious

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tomorrow I'm making a small pot of yukgaejang and I'm gonna eat it with modeumbap and mu and maybe gamja jorim.

more falafel please

forums poster

I put chili crisp on some chili today and then I went back and put more on it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Chili crisp is great but make your own and don't buy it, it's so cheap and good

Here just use this one, it's basically perfect:

"Extra Crunchy Chili Crisp Recipe - Los Angeles Times" https://www.latimes.com/recipe/extra-crunchy-chili-crisp

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 20, 2021

Escape From Noise

I made takenoko gohan (bamboo shoot rice) with miso soup, salad with yuzu dressing I got at the fancy grocery, and a eggplant, mushroom, fern tips, onion, and carrot bake thing. I had boiled the bamboo shoots before I broke my collarbone and wanted to use them before they went bad. It wasn't too difficult but took some doing in my lovely little kitchen. The broken collarbone added to the time, but I think it came out alright. Bamboo shoots are in season and I've never really managed to figure out how to cook them so it was neat to find out.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 25, 2021

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

very nice. coveting that ume beer too.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I slow-cooked a pork shoulder overnight and now have lots of leftover pork aspic. I was half tempted to use it for one of those awful 70's jello dishes, but I'll probably just use it to thicken soups.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I learned how to grill last week, I grilled asparagus, then I grilled portabella burgers, then I grilled two flavors of tofu cutlets (habanero and maple mole) with ramps, I also grilled pineapple several days in a row.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Escape From Noise

Did my best to make kimchi chige with the kimchi to the lady who runs the Korean place gave me last night.

I don't have the proper bowl/pot, but I think it came out alright.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I have vegetable stock.

it's a pretty color.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

more falafel please

forums poster

i made a turkey yesterday because... solstice? which means I have turkey stock and more bones to make more turkey stock

Escape From Noise

Tonight I loco'd the moco.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 28, 2021

Escape From Noise

2 Loco 2 Moco

the unabonger
gently caress yeah, Loco moco are great. How was it?

Escape From Noise

i flunked out posted:

gently caress yeah, Loco moco are great. How was it?

Today's was probably better than yesterday because the gravy was more thickened, on the other hand I put the gravy over the egg.

Queen-Of-Hearts

I'm to understand y'all like sourdough rye.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I can hear the crunch from here.

Queen-Of-Hearts

You should've heard the quiet sizzle when it came out of the cauldron

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Was that a bread cooked in a dutch oven? I've done that. Very nice method but feels inches from disaster when you need to handle this heavy, screaming hot vessel to get at the bread inside.

Escape From Noise

That's a good looking bread. Nice!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Finger Prince

I've been meaning to try that. I have an ideally shaped and sized Dutch oven. Unfortunately I somehow ended up with even less counter space in this kitchen and would have to knead dough on the floor or like in the bathtub or something loving hell why are kitchens so drat small everywhere.

Queen-Of-Hearts

The trick to baking/cooking with a cast iron dutch oven is to have been a welder and just wear welding gloves for picking up screaming hot metal :byodame:

There's a LOT of no-kneed bread recipes, like this one.

Finger Prince

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

The trick to baking/cooking with a cast iron dutch oven is to have been a welder and just wear welding gloves for picking up screaming hot metal :byodame:

Duh, I actually have an entire no-knead bread recipe book! Next step, get the property management to fix the oven, and buy ingredients. Gonna make some bread.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

It's criminal how I haven't been posting in this thread. Since I moved I have access to a much nicer kitchen and have been doing a lot of fun cooking projects. I have a smoker now! Some things have been great and some need improvement.

Here's some pics of meat!

I haven't just cooked meat but seem that's all I've photographed.

the unabonger

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

I'm to understand y'all like sourdough rye.

I would like to eat this.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

i would like a no knead recipe for sourdough rye please

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i would like a no knead recipe for sourdough rye please

I borrowed this one from Claire Saffitz, (hers was double these amounts for two loaves.) Using it as a starting point to adjust from in the future.

350g White Flour
100g Wheat Flour
50g Rye Flour
100g Leaven
375g Room-temp Water
10g salt + a dash of water.