Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hydros

A massive man stands on deck, his hair glistening wetly in the sea air, though he has not entered the water in some time. Having finished with the lion's share of the heavy lifting, though not a deckhand himself, he took a moment to take in the moist air with a deep breath. And then the quiet is broken by a loud crash. As he watches the metal thing move about, and a number of deckhands quake in confusion and fear, he strides forward. Giving a hearty laugh, a slap upon the back of a nearby deckhand, and a not quite shouted "good job, but don't worry about the metal one" he makes his way to Aquarius.

The metal thing, a Forgeborn, would not normally be all that aquatic, but this one seemed to be special. Could be interesting.

"Hail and Well Met Aquarius. I am Hydros." Then he gives a mighty backslap to the forgeborn, with enough force to rock even the aquatic construct.

He looks around, with one arm around Aquarius's shoulder, or whatever shoulder like area it has. He nods to "Ragnar, it is a pleasure of course, I look forward to sampling your food."

Emperor: Positive 2, Priestess: Positive 2: 4#1d6 4 1 6 5

pre:
Hydros

Race:  Human

Class:  Stalwart

One Unique Thing:  The half-mortal son of the God of the Sea

Backgrounds

Water Born (5 pts)

Rowdy Adventurer  (3 pts)

Icons

The Emperor  (2 pts Positive)
The Priestess  (2 pts Positive)

HP  33	REC 08 (1d10+4)
Initiative +1

STR 18 (+4)	+2cls
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 18 (+4)	+2rcl
INT 10 (+0)	
WIS 10 (+0)
CHR 10 (+0)

AC  18
PD  16
MD  11

Racial
   Quick to Fight: At the start of each battle, roll initiative twice and choose the result I want

Class Features
   Greatness:  Either have greatness or don't.  Do not, normally, start a battle with greatness.
	Gain greatness when he is hit by an enemy attack.  Lose greatness when he misses  
	all enemies with an attack.  Also lose greatness when he becomes unconscious, and
	when a battle ends.  The default is that he can use greatness powers without losing
	greatness, but a few powers specify that he must spend his greatness to use them.

Empowered by Fate:  Gain 1 relationship point with the Archmage, the Crusader, the Dwarf King,
	the Emperor, the Lich King, the Priestess, or the Three; I choose whether the point is 
	positive, conflicted, or negative.  This point can add to my normal relationship points
	but can't exceed the normal relationship maximums.  When an ally rolls a 5 or 6
	on an icon relationship roll with the Icon(s) this feature gave me a relationship
	point with, I start the next turn in battle with greatness.
	Extra point added to the Emperor.

Strength of Many:  Can lift twice and support about as much weight as two otherwise
	identical creatures normally can, and can move normally while carrying about
	your own weight (or twice my weight total).  Also gain the power of stunt.
	Power Stunt:  At the start of each battle, roll a d6.  Any time after the escalation 
	die reaches that number, I'll be able to use a quick action to spend my greatness
	and execute a power stunt.  Normally I can only use power stunt once per
	battle, but circumstances, geography, or excellent planning may suggest that I
	can pull it off more than once.
   	Adventurer feat:  Instead lift, support, and move normally with a  total
	of about five times the normal amount.  Also, roll an additional d20 for power stunt
	(any time after the escalation die reaches that number gain an additional use of 
	power stunt this battle.

Unarmed Attacks:  Unarmed attacks are light/simple weapons that do 1d6 plus any 
	applicable modifiers.

Talents
   Limbs of Iron:  Use strength instead of dexterity when determining AC in no armor, 
	when making ranged attacks and when using stalwart powers.

Titan Grapple:  Can grab a creature using the normal grab rules, with a successful 
	strength+level vs PD attack as a standard action.
	Adventurer Feat:  If I wish I move and am moved when grabbed or grabbing
	as if I were one size larger.

Weapons of Giants:  I wield, forge, or improvise oversized weapons.  While I have greatness,
	increase my weapon and unarmed damage dice by one step.

Powers:	
   Giant Strike: At-Will.  Melee attack
	Target:  1 non-staggered non-mook enemy.
	Attack:  Str (4) + targets level vs AC
	Damage:  Weapon + Str (4) + Con (4) damage
	Miss:  Damage equal to my level (1)

Catching Mice: At-Will.  Melee Attack, quick action.  Requires Greatness.
	Target:  One creature. 
	Special:  May use this power as a free action when an enemy attempts to 
	disengage from me, by spending my greatness.
	Attack:  Str (4) + level (1) vs PD.
	Hit:  I grab the target.

Titan Swing: At-Will.  Melee attack
	Target:  Each enemy engaged with me.
	Attack:  Str (4) + level (1) – (number of targets) vs AC
	Damage:  Weapon damage
	Miss:  -

Indomitable: At-Will, once per round.  Interrupt action; requires greatness.
	Trigger:  I am subjected to a condition, or an effect a save can end.
	Effect:  I roll a saving throw.  On a success, I am not subjected to the condition,
	or I save against the effect.
	Special:  I may use this power when first subjected to a last-grasp effect,
	to make a free saving throw against it.

Feats
   Strength of Many - Adventurer feat:  Instead lift, support, and move normally with a  total
	of about five times the normal amount.  Also, roll an additional d20 for power stunt
	(any time after the escalation die reaches that number gain an additional use of 
	power stunt this battle.
   Titan Grapple - Adventurer Feat:  If I wish I move and am moved when grabbed or grabbing
	as if I were one size larger.

Inventory
   Sleek half shorts (basically swim trunks)
   Makeshift Trident – three longswords lashed together (2H 1d10 heavy weapon) 
   Iron-studden staff (1H 1d8 heavy weapon)
   a couple actual tridents(1H 1d6 thrown weapon)
   coil of rope, some rum and meat, a sack to carry it all.
   25 gp.
pre:
Hydros, Human Stalwart 1
HP 33/33; Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+43); Greatness NO
AC 18 PD 16 MD 11
STR 18/+4 CON 18/+4 DEX 10/+0
INT 10/+0 WIS 10/+0 CHA 10/+0
+5 Water Born, +3 Rowdy Adventurer
Equip: Sleek half shorts (basically swim trunks)
   Iron-studded staff (1H 1d8 heavy weapon)
Gear: coil of rope, some rum and meat, a sack to carry it all, 25 gp

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hydros

Hydros looks up from dealing with some rope when the call goes out. He smiles in anticipation.

Initiative 2d20k1+1 21 I am okay with you rolling initiative in the future if that helps speed things up. Being human my initiative roll uses the above.

pre:
Hydros, Human Stalwart 1
AC 18 PD 16 MD 11

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hydros

Hydros gives a mighty laugh, leaps to the enemy ship and strides toward the three skeleton archers. Then he attempts to punch each of them in the face, but sadly misses.

Well since someone, Thomas, rolled a 5 or 6 on the Relationship Dice with the Emperor I get Greatness.

Strength of Many roll at start of battle 1d6: 1d20 1, 13 So I can use Strength of Many at any point after the Escalation Die reaches 1, and then a second time when it reaches 13.

I assume the three skeleton archers are close enough that I can engage all 3. If not then for each I can't engage that is one less attack/damage roll and one less -1 penalty.

Titan Swing vs AC of each enemy engaged with me 3#1d20+5-3 5, 6, 12 bah for 3#1d8 8, 1, 7 damage. Welp since all my attacks missed I lose Greatness. So my plan for after this attack is wasted.

pre:
Hydros, Human Stalwart 1
AC 18 PD 16 MD 11

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hydros

Hydros smacks both of the skeleton archers as they try to fire within his reach, casually cracking bones with his blows. But he is not done with them yet. He balls up his fist and punches one of the skeletons with a bone shattering blow straight in the skull, knocking the skull flying and pulping the skeleton into powder.

"Hahaha, whats next?"

He focuses his attention on the remaining skeleton in his reach, and cracks his knuckles while a big grin spreads on his face.

Wow Hydros wasn't hit. No Greatness so can't spend it to do a crazy power stunt.

AoU vs Archer 1 1d20+4+1+1 24 for 1d6+4 9 damage.
AoU vs Archer 2 1d20+4+1+1 19 for 1d6+4 6 damage.
I assume the three skeleton archers are close enough that I can engage all 3. If not then for each I can't engage that is one less attack/damage roll and one less -1 penalty.

Giant Strike vs AC of Skeleton Archer 2 1d20+4+1+(level of skeleton archer 2) 25+ (natural 20!)for 1d6+4+4 13x2 for crit = 26 damage.

pre:
Hydros, Human Stalwart 1
AC 18 PD 16 MD 11

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hydros

As the skeleton smacks Hydros with its rib he smiles, and seems to swell. He reaches out toward it with one mighty hand and picks it up, then he pulls back his other hand and attempts to punch its head off. Sadly all his bravado was for naught as the blow does not fully connect. Still the skeleton has to deal with being in the hands of the big man.

Yay Hydros was hit.

Catching Mice vs PD of Skeleton Archer that hit Hydros 1d20+4+1+2 26 Hydros now has that skeleton grabbed.
Giant's Strike vs AC of Skeleton Archer that hit Hydros 1d20+4+2+skeleton's level 14 for 1d8+4+4 9 damage. Going to assume the skeleton's level isn't 2, if it was then that actually hits.

pre:
Hydros, Human Stalwart 1
HP 29/33; Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+43); Greatness NO?
AC 18 PD 16 MD 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hydros

Once more Hydros is hit and once more he swells up as he readies himself to go all out, he once more pulls back his hand to smash the skeleton in his grip, but fails to connect. Again. Once more he seems to shrink as his confidence is momentarily faltered.

Giant's Strike vs AC of Skeleton Archer that hit Hydros 1d20+4+3+skeleton's level 10+ for 1d8+4+4 13 1 miss damage.

Man what is up with these rolls orokos?

pre:
Hydros, Human Stalwart 1
HP 25/33; Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+43); Greatness NO
AC 18 PD 16 MD 11

• Locked thread