Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Ragnar Bloodgullet

Ragnar is making the best of a bad situation. At least that's what he says to himself. Another new assignment. It's not his fault that his previous ship wouldn't eat his cooking. His pickled Eel Skins were a delicacy, honestly. They were just missing out.

But that wasn't very bright-sided. So the Half-Orc was instead enjoying the moments right before the ship left to enjoy a little time in the sun. He had prepared a few appetizers for his new crew, and laid them out on a small table. His Pickled Eel Skins were there, of course, as was his Goat Stomach in Sheep Liver Sauce Stew.

He was really hoping this ship was more accommodating then his last one, and he was making idle conversation with other members of the crew, being friendly.

"Hello, everyone." his voice is quite loud. "I am Ragnar Bloodgullet! I'll be the cook for our journey. Please don't be shy! Come try some of my dishes!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ragnar Bloodgullet

No problemo; Icon Dice; 2d6 Emperor Positive, 1d6 The Three Negative: 3#1d6 1 4 5

Cookin roll; Using Str because he cooks with the fury of his muscles and bones, wrestling and grappling eels into the pot. For he is a (not) Literal Iron Chef. Cookin some Food, DC 20: 1d20+10 26

He serves up the Eel Skin with great precision, balanced perfectly on a small plat. Then Piper's strange spark hit it, and it disappeared. "...Ah hold on. Don't worry." He says, quickly getting another one for the midshipwoman and handing it to her, before turning to the Medic.

"Ah yes, yes, my gruel. I have a very good recipe for gruel. I use Squid Ink Sacs, Shark Cartilage, stirred with a goat femur. Generally for two or three hours, the higher the altitude the better, so I usually like the crow's nest for the gruel. It's a great recipe and sure to help even the worst of injuries."

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ragnar Bloodgullet

"Grain, hmm?" He considered, rubbing his chin. "Maybe. I have a recipe for Chicken Liver and Pineapple bread. Perhaps I could marinate the bread in the gruel or serve it on the side. Yeah. I can definitely manage that. I'll write it down to add."

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ragnar Bloodgullet

After introductions, and realizing the ship is about to sail- though only once movement begins, Ragnar is not useful at any of the actual ship stuff, so he quickly disappears into the ship with his sample platters, carefully avoiding any of the workers. His job is the cooking, so he goes to see what he will be preparing in a little while instead of getting in anyone's way.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ragnar Bloodgullet

The chef returns to the upper deck in a swirl of knives. "Well I have to let my Batwing soup with asparagus sauce stew for a little bit anyway." He states, with a small pot in his left hand. "And I have to stir this one so this should be fine." He decides, preparing to join the battle!

you can roll for me from now on, yeah.

Initiative: 1d20+2 21
pre:
Ragnar Bloodgullet, Half-Orc Fighter 1
HP 36/36; Recoveries 9/9 (1d10+5)
AC 17 PD 15 MD 11
STR 18/+5 CON 18/+5 DEX 12/+1
INT 10/00 WIS 10/00 CHA 8/-1
+5 Supreme Battle Chef, +2 Unrelenting Optimist, +1 A little service in every Company
Equip: The Finest Array of Knives and cooking implements, Hot Plate shield.
Gear: Adventurer's kit, 25 gp

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ragnar Bloodgullet

With a flourish, Ragnar pulls out his best meat carver and leaps across the ships, landing next to the thugs with melee weapons, he takes a swing at one of them with his carver, the sharp edge gleaming. As he connects with his opponent, he adjusts his grip and starts to move like a trained warrior. Despite his strange apperance and stranger food, it is clear he is not just a strange, silly man; he knows how to fight.

Jumping on the Ship if it is Neccesary. Str + A little Service in Every Company: 1d20+6 19
Attack on Thug 1: 1d20+6 25

A 19 lets me use Carve an Opening, increasing my Critical Threat Range by 1, so 19-20 until I score a critical hit.

Damage is; Damage Roll: 1d8+4 5 Aww
pre:
AC 17 PD 15 MD 11
+5 Supreme Battle Chef, +2 Unrelenting Optimist, +1 A little service in every Company

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ragnar Bloodgullet

The arrow ricochets off of Ragnar's shield, as he uses his cleaver and his generally large frame to keep himself protected against his opponents. Then, in an instant, he lashes out with tremendous force! As he does so, he readjusts his shield, giving him protection from almost every angle!

"Come on, now! I have food to make, I can't be here all day!"

Attack, Using Power Attack on Thug 2: 1d20+7 19

An Even Roll since I have a Shield lets me activate Defensive Fighting, Raising my AC by 2 until my next turn.

Damage is; Damage on Thug 2: 1d8+4 6
Power Attack Dice: 1d4 4

Total of 10.

pre:
AC 19 (17) PD 15 MD 11

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ragnar Bloodgullet

With several bouncing leaps, Ragnar chases down the thug attempting to get away from him. "Not so fast, Friend! I'm not finished with you yet!" he says, with surprising agilty as he slashes the thug's back. "Face me fair, coward!"

Rolling an attack on: 1d20+5 17 <- I hosed this up and didn't Escalation Dice. My bad.

An Even Roll since I have a Shield lets me activate Defensive Fighting, Raising my AC by 2 until my next turn, again.

Damage is; Damage Roll: 1d8+4 8
pre:
AC 19 (17) PD 15 MD 11

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

It seems like Thug 3's Health actually went up in between your last post, which had him at 6, and Thomas hitting him? Same with the Skeleton Archer? They seemed to have gained HP. That changes my attack if it's actually dead after Drake's attack, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ragnar Bloodgullet

Alright. Thanks

"Hey! Hey! Come on. I had him!" Ragnar says, as Thomas and Drake get in front of him to fight at the guy. He turns as he hears the arrow unleashing, and it hits his shield and deflects into the wood of the ship. "You'll do!" he says, then is stopped again as Drake fries it. "Oh come on!" he says, frowning. He attempts to make his way around Thomas and Drake to hit the Thug. "Come on, make way, make way." He says to Thomas and Drake. "I'm not as young as I used to be, you know. All of this running around is getting to me." He misses, at first, but comes around with a backhand, that also goes wide as he attempts to shuffle around the ship to reach the man.

Attack on Thug 3: 1d20+9 12 Misses. But I activate Lethal.

Attack on Thug 3, Lethal Reroll: 1d20+9 16 This also misses. But as an odd roll, I activate Carve An Opening, making my crit range 18-20 now. Don't think it will end up mattering but you never know.
pre:
AC 17 PD 15 MD 11

• Locked thread