Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Project Aquarius

A commotion is raised in the port town as an important-looking High Elf makes his way through the town followed by a sturdy Dwarven woman clinging to the arm of a 6 foot Forgeborn followed by several other Elves and Dwarves who don't look important at all. When they arrive at the ship's docking, the High Elf motions with his hand and the entourage gets into position to begin hoisting it onto deck with the ship's pulley. The High Elf approaches one of the crew.

"Yes, would you please inform your captain that Associate Director Briarwood has- BE CAREFUL YOU BUFFOONS; THAT THING COSTS MORE THAN ALL YOUR HIDES COMBINED- arrived?"

The Forgeborn and pulley operators collapse on deck simultaneously. The Dwarf runs to the machine's side.

"Are you alright, dear? That didn't hurt did it? Excuse me, sir, could you help me stand him up? Hi, Metallurgy Overseer Moltenshell, how are you? On the count of 3: 1, 2, 3! There. That better, sweetie? Thank you for your help, by the way."

Briarwood's shouting can be heard from the other side of town. "Oh dear. I'd better go check on him. You go introduce yourself to everyone, sweetie. I'll be right back."

As Moltenshell heads towards Briarwood and the unfortunate crew member, the Forgeborn makes his way to a group of obviously quaking deckhands.

"I AM DESIGNATED AQUARIUS. AS PART OF MY PROTOCOL, I AM AUTHORIZED TO BE PLEASED TO MAKE YOUR ACQUAINTANCE."

Icon rolls (Dwarf King, Elf Queen, The Three): 4, 3, 5.
Let me know if the sheet works this time.

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Aquarius

Aquarius manages to shake hands with Hydros as Briarwood sneers. "Bah! I don't answer to you, ruffian. I have important business with the captain."
"Oh you know we're just dropping off the manual. We don't need to stand on ceremony. Hi, Metallurgy Overseer Moltenshell, nice to meet you. Oh I do hope y'all and Aquarius become good friends. Poor boy; had to spend his whole life cooped up in a lab, you know."
"Can it! It's obvious we're not needed here so we'll be leaving then. Here."
Briarwood hands a massive leather-bound book Thomas. "If Aquarius is to answer to you, then you'll need this. It'll tell you everything you need to know; It is essential that you read that cover to cover."
"Oh he says that, but really he runs himself honestly. Still, it would be best to keep that in a safe place just in case."
"Whatever. Just know I'm not taking the blame if something goes wrong." He addresses Aquarius. "Aquarius. I am transferring ownership to..." He grimaces. "...The crew of the Nemesis."
"...CONFIRMED."
"Good. ...Make me proud." Briarwood storms off.
"Bye, sweetie. Stay safe. Bring us home a nice souvenir, like a Dragon skull maybe." Aquarius kneels down and Moltenshell kisses him on what you assume is the cheek.
"COME ON, WANDA; WE GOT poo poo TO DO!"
Moltenshell runs off, stopping to wave goodbye at the gangplank before chasing after Briarwood.
Aquarius turns to Haggrast. "I AM DESIGNATED AQUARIUS: A COLLABORATION OF DWARVEN METALLURGY AND ELVISH MAGICS DESIGNED FOR MARITIME TRANSPORT AND CONFLICT."

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Project Aquarius

Upon hearing the Captain's orders, Aquarius turns to Thomas. "I HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED THE ROLE MASTER'S MATE, CORRECT? MEMORY STATES-"

Aquarius freezes up for a second before continuing. "...PROTOCOL REQUIRES I AID IN HOISTING THE ANCHOR."

Strength check vs. Anchor: 1d20+5+3=11. Well dang.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Project Aquarius

"HOSTILES CONFIRMED. INITIALIZING COMBAT PROTOCOLS."

Initiative: 16. I'm good either way for rolling. You can see my char. sheet now, right?

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 12, 2014

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Project Aquarius

Aquarius' eyes turn toward Drake, then turn red. "PRIORITY TARGET CONFIRMED."

The scream of a crew member gains his attention and his eyes glow yellow again. "SWITCHING OBJECTIVES: MAINTAIN PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELL-BEING OF CREW."

He takes aim at one of the skeletons.

Ranged attack vs. Skeleton Archer 3: 1d20+4=10.

"RECALIBRATING."

Archery reroll vs. Skeleton Archer 3: 1d20+4=15. Welp. 1 miss damage.

"SECONDARY OBJECTIVE CONFIRMED: INSPECT CHASSIS FOR OXIDATION."

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Project Aquarius

Aquarius loads another harpoon into his gun and takes aim at the yet untouched thug.

Minor action to reload.
Ranged attack vs. Thug 3: 1d20+4+1=21.
Damage: 1d8+3=8

"HIT CONFIRMED. TROUBLESHOOTING CANCELLED."

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Project Aquarius

No longer having line of sight to the thug, Aquarius takes aim at the hapless archer who took his place.

Ranged attack against the ungrabbed archer: 1d20+4+2=22.
Damage: 1d8+3=11. M-M-M-Max Damage!

"ANALYSIS. COMBAT PROWESS: MINIMAL. THREAT LEVEL: NONE."

pre:
Project Aquarius, Ranger 1
HP 33/33; Recoveries 8/8 (1d8+4)
AC 18 PD 15 MD 11
STR 14/+2 DEX 16/+3 CON 18/+4
INT 10/+0 WIS 12/+1 CHA 8/-1
+5 Imprinted Memories of Sailors, +3 Surprisingly Durable
Equip: Harpoon gun, Wrist-mount blade, Light metal plating, 25gp

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Project Aquarius

Aquarius loads another harpoon and takes aim at the remaining archer.

Ranged attack vs. Archer: 1d20+4+3=26.
Damage: 1d8+3=11. Oh wow. Twice in a row.

"TARGET LOCKED."

The harpoon tears through the back of the archer's skull and lodges itself in its mouth, stopping short of hitting Hydros. If its screaming, you couldn't understand it.

pre:
Project Aquarius, Ranger 1
HP 33/33; Recoveries 8/8 (1d8+4)
AC 18 PD 15 MD 11
STR 14/+2 DEX 16/+3 CON 18/+4
INT 10/+0 WIS 12/+1 CHA 8/-1
+5 Imprinted Memories of Sailors, +3 Surprisingly Durable
Equip: Harpoon gun, Wrist-mount blade, Light metal plating, 25gp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012