Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shahadien
Jan 5, 2014

Heya Goons! Sorry if there's another thread somewhere discussing this, but the forum search doesn't seem to want to find the phrase "password manager"...

Anyhow, I'm getting tired of having to remember all of the passwords I have to create for all the different websites I have to log in to. I have read that password manager programs have come a LONG way in terms of both increasing security, and streamlining the password creation/storage process. As such, I have decided to try them out, and wanted to get the community's opinions on which ones are the best!

I'm looking for one that offers both random sequence generation as well as custom created passwords, and encrypts the password wallet while not in use. Also, naturally, I would prefer it to be free...but if I must pay, I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shahadien
Jan 5, 2014

spog posted:

Great if your password is 'joshua'

Not so good if your forums password is 'fuu3hiqn0phhy0x95nhyn36f7wapq14e'

Exactly this, and since my primary security concerns are either a bruteforce attack, or a server-wide password leak...having unique and maximally complex passwords is the only means of mitigation.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I will be testing out the recommended softwares over the next few days.

• Locked thread