Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Happy with a fast forward and getting an adventuring 101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
i think we need a montage (montage)

yeah we need a montage (montage)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

As long as it's an 80s style montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmkzsxQz5A4

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
This has a flashback segment is that kind of the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVZaBr6AFMo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

There's a few tourists taking in the view, but you all immediately stand out to one another: behind each of you stands a ghostly figure.

Hey Soag, guess what, you got a Stand!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

XyloJW posted:

I swear I've never played this game before, I didn't know I was making Martian Manhunter. I'll remember the rest of the party when I'm on the Watchtower.

So I assumed this was some kind of hyperobscure nerd reference to Worm or whatever SF series auspol is getting all serious about, then after googling him it turns out he's like a foundational DC character. Oops.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah he's in like all the cartoons. He has invisibility, invulnerability, and mind reading powers, which it seems like I do too.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
You guys waiting for anything? Say hello to each other or something.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

ungh sorry m80 i guess i was in a rush and just read the reply to my guy and then in my control panel ive just seen '0 new posts' in that thread since then

too many ciggie butts on my ciggie butt brain

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

woodstock gonna be all like oh drat dunstan you been workin out or somethin you lookin fine how you doin i said HOW YOU DOIN dayum you can take me for a walk any day

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

im sorry thats not going to happen ive been smoking ciggie butt brain ciggies

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
BCR I'm going to play your social roll on the tourists rather than the other players in the group. I get the feeling that it'd be better to avoid having people be forced to do things due to rolls made by other players: it will pretty quickly move to Sulla persuading soag to huff he own farts etc.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Alright, I wasn't aiming to do a he rolled, she rolled jackass thing.

I don't know whether to go the Barrett route from Ff7 and let one of the others become boss man of the group later on.

Do we have a big bad to defeat?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

BCR posted:

Do we have a big bad to defeat?

I've rolled up a few bad guys, they'll start showing up soon enough. I'm taking the approach of having a few different enemies prepped and dropping them in when it makes sense, rather than having them tied to particular locations or scenes. Xylo and LordPants were talking it in one of the other ooc threads, doing it this way means that you don't spend too much time designing a scene that you guys end up avoiding.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Got ya, ok no problem.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sorry I've had a busy weekend Dunstan has been flat out painting his new devastator squad.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

are we obliged to keep track of our hunger and thirst and bodily functions etc or is it one of those things that only comes up when its kind of relevant to the story, like reloading in the movies?

because if xylo starts munching on gum leaves like a koala i'm going to go back to town and load up on a year's supply of KFC

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

are we obliged to keep track of our hunger and thirst and bodily functions etc or is it one of those things that only comes up when its kind of relevant to the story, like reloading in the movies?

because if xylo starts munching on gum leaves like a koala i'm going to go back to town and load up on a year's supply of KFC

Nope, no hunger or thirst. Only thing you need to keep an eye on is your health and to a lesser extent plasm and willpower, but I'm planning on keeping track of these things on your behalf anyway.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Ok this is moving far too slow. If you guys are ok with it I'll put you on a massive wall of text railroad that will give you a shitload of exposition - bringing your characters up to speed with what's happened to you, what geists are, introduce you to some other sin-eaters, and hopefully give you a bit of purpose. Once that's out of the way you'll have some interesting leads but Canberra will hopefully pretty much be your sandbox. I can appreciate that it's a bit hard to do stuff when none of you really know what's going on.

Chalk it up to a learning experience for me as a novice DM.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I consent to fast forward plot exposition. My character will studiously deny being a dead astronaut until it is explained that they all died, then he'll acknowledge it to y'all but only y'all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yes I'm happy to fast forward. Dunstan will probably just talk about dogs or war 40k anyhow.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Gonna assume silence = acquiescence for the others. Megapost up shortly.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I consent as well, sorry. Girlfriend just got back from abroad and I've been running around like a headless chook with work and everything.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I consent as well, sorry. Girlfriend just got back from abroad and I've been running around like a headless chook with work and everything.

sulla_kiddy_pool_hotdog.gif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Aight we're now in Question Time. Please observe the 45 second question time limit.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

that hotdog aint gonna eat itself, bud

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Hey tirade thanks for the fast forward to where we get to ask questions and also for the cool exposition. :) Much appreciated.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Hey tirade thanks for the fast forward to where we get to ask questions and also for the cool exposition. :) Much appreciated.

Yeah, this. Great fast forward and now we're into the meat of it.

Don't feel bad to fast forward if you think we're getting aimless or the posting slows down. Soagy's probably chomping at the bit.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Oh, yeah about that. Soag you know you've joined in now, right?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

has he posted recently? maybe he's in a singaporean slammer for trying to smuggle a kilo of coke in his bum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

has he posted recently? maybe he's in a singaporean slammer for trying to smuggle a kilo of coke in his bum

That's not smuggling that's a regular soag Friday night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And Saturday night.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

and on Sundays Coke stays home with his wife and family

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Dunstan raises his hand and says "Excuse me Ms Smoke, I have a plate in my hand."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That makes me happy.

Sooo I should read up again on how my skills work.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I'm going to try and run over the four people I can see then bail.

Anyone's welcome to go with my character, or if you want to test out your powers too that's great.

Going for the story angle of if someone gets shot, a normal reaction is to get the gently caress out of there.

I don't know if the harden ute thing will be necessary to do a kill though.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

BCR posted:

I'm going to try and run over the four people I can see then bail.

Anyone's welcome to go with my character, or if you want to test out your powers too that's great.

Going for the story angle of if someone gets shot, a normal reaction is to get the gently caress out of there.

I don't know if the harden ute thing will be necessary to do a kill though.

I don't wanna be all "nuh-uh" on your plan but you're in pretty thick scrub on the side of a mountain, and came on foot through the trees. You might get lucky and make it to a fire trail but it's going to be a serious driving challenge.

I'll do up a mspaint map xylo-style so you can get a better feel for the layout.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Let's give it a go, and see if my driving skills are any good. Fail a roll, I crash, and make my way on foot or just wait and watch or rejoin the group after the action.

Succeed, say meet at the war memorial?

I'm going for the holy poo poo I'm thinking like a normal person, than I'm a death machine watch me go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Yeah that's a totally legit response, just wanted to give you some context.

Also I don't know where you're getting Frank's picture from, so I'm just going to assume that's you and you're posing for them as required.

• Locked thread