Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

This looks interest, I'm going to read into it a little bit more before committing. Are you handling the rolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm in I gotta make a character now

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade, can you cast an eye over when you're next on to make sure I didn't gently caress it up.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/35931

Dunstan the dog walker, not someone you'd ever hear called 'bright' was an accomplished dog walker and good at his job. At night he enjoys painting his warhammer 40k miniatures and reading magazines on the paranormal. He rarely leaves his home town of canberra except to travel to the paranormal / comic con crossover which he made a full space marine cosplay suit.

Dunstan met his unfortunate end when they pack of pit bulls he was walking for the local bikey clubhouse turned on him, mauling and then eating him when a passing truck that had just left an abattoir overturned, spraying him with with raw meat and blood.

His Geist is a scientist from the Italian renaissance. The keystone was a porcelain plate with the polymath man on it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

I think I'll sign up. I played Wraith once and this seems like the New World of Darkness version.

Yessss.....!

Your questions about coming alive again is something I was wondering about. I didn't know if being eaten by a pack of dogs would be too newsworthy that it would make things really difficult / odd / awkward.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

This game is going to confuse me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Geist: sausage fest.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah if you gently caress something up too, no one will notice. Maybe xylo but he's too much of a gentleman.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh SIN eaters. I thought it said shin eaters and we were a gnarly posse of skateboarders grinding our way across Canberra.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey tirade did you check out my char sheet yet to make sure I did it right?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Sorry man I don't remember - I'm going in to Guardians of the Galaxy in half an hour so I'll check it when I get home.

Awww yes I hear it's good. Nah no rush check it tomorrow bro.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

He awoke in field of grain, surrounded by firey wreckage, body broken but impossibly alive, with an old compass in his hand.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the dog is because it's a werewolf crossover.

poo poo, i should have made my character die in 96 in brisbane whilst spectating an illegal cage fight

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Hunter thread is also set in 96, I had my guy hint that his puppy-loving, legal aid worker brother up in Brisbane started MMA and hasn't been heard from in weeks. No-one picked up on it :(

Lol! I haven't read the hunter thread yet, I've been waiting for a slow day at work.... I think I'll be waiting awhile.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Your character sheet is all good Beet.

Ta!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

i dont get this reference, what is it

In the werewolf game we went to make money by having thatbastardkens character do some illegal mma. Well the characters health got low enough, which made them frenzy, which was stopped but set off a series of unfortunate events so we ended up slaughtering a warehouse full of people because we can't solve problems any other way.

I think most of our other problems have been solved the same way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It was memorable because some characters were trying to calm the situation down and ones was trying to set the building on fire while another was announcing to the room he was taking all the money the bookie had and therefore everyone's bets.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BCR posted:

Mate I'm going to be a social character that will try to talk his way around problems, with the option of running things over in a ute.

put more points in drive

or don't actually.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I might change my keystone, I have not idea what I could use a plate for. I'll have a think about it. Slide rule?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Or I just keep crashing greek weddings?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I, realise that, i use, a lot of commas, when i write. I write, something and then have to go back, and delete, all the super,flous comma's.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey Tirade, I think you said you're voicing the geists, also, are we free to make up people / associations / things within reason, eg Dunstan has a lovely old car? Just at the establishment of the story of course.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

I thought the plate was pretty neat. It occurs to me mine could've been more useful, especially with the "always returns" property and my character's specialty at throwing.

Actually I took direction sense, so the compass is kind of pointless I guess!

Yeah when I saw the ute could reappear and be a useful thing I was like oh!. I thought it was just something inert.

I'll see. BCR's right, maybe I can frisbee it to my dogs.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's all good tirade, it's like 10:30pm when you got home. You've just got some very prolific posters in your game, don't feel obliged to post at our rate; you set the pace.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sorry, will reply soon in thread, just trying to work out how i'll weave my geist into my future behaviour. I kind of picked the two without thinking about it in depth beyond dunstan = simple scientist=smarty pants

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ah okay good, that clears up a lot for me. Thanks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I feel I need to disclaimer that I am actually looking up that 40k poo poo. It's not all in my head.

Well actually some of it is, I just google it to get the proper terms / etc.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Sorry beet that's a massively played out gag but I couldn't help it.

Lol, no it works with Dunstan. He's not dumb, he's just....perpetually preoccupied.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shadeoses posted:

Alright, who put Stillness on Blil Shorter?

lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

As long as it's an 80s style montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmkzsxQz5A4

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sorry I've had a busy weekend Dunstan has been flat out painting his new devastator squad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yes I'm happy to fast forward. Dunstan will probably just talk about dogs or war 40k anyhow.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I consent as well, sorry. Girlfriend just got back from abroad and I've been running around like a headless chook with work and everything.

sulla_kiddy_pool_hotdog.gif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Hey tirade thanks for the fast forward to where we get to ask questions and also for the cool exposition. :) Much appreciated.

Yeah, this. Great fast forward and now we're into the meat of it.

Don't feel bad to fast forward if you think we're getting aimless or the posting slows down. Soagy's probably chomping at the bit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

has he posted recently? maybe he's in a singaporean slammer for trying to smuggle a kilo of coke in his bum

That's not smuggling that's a regular soag Friday night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And Saturday night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That makes me happy.

Sooo I should read up again on how my skills work.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

isn't that the wolf creek dude?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

e: actually, chuck it in the passenger car and let's do a weekend at bernie's around town with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

David, sitting in the ute bench seat next to Frank yawns, stretching his arms up and then around Franks shoulders. He winks casually.

• Locked thread