Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

There is No Honor

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this time of red ruin. Unleashed from the cruel heart of a fel seed known as a Shadow Pearl, this Savage Tide swept over an ancient city perched atop the crown of a remote island. The tide transformed beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor into feral, ravenous fiends. The fruits of centuries of labor came crumbling down in a matter of days, and when the survivors tried to stem the tide by destroying the Pearl, the resulting blast of power sunk their city into a boiling lake of death. Through it all, the Abyssal architect of the Savage Tide watched, taking pride in the ruin. When the Tide's final riples had faded, what was left became known as the Isle of Dread.

Now, after a thousand years, the true masters of the Isle of Dread look upon new targets, new cities beyond the horizon, compelled by the hateful will of their demonic lord Demogorgon to prepare for the coming glory. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization waits unknowing on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the incoming tide brings.

This is going to be an unlimited gestalt 3.5 game, starting at first level. Use whatever you want. How bad could this possibly turn out?
I'm thinking 4-5 players would be enough to get through at least this first adventure. I'd like to go through as much of the campaign as possible, but we'll take it one at a time.

As a note, it would be wise to read the player's guide Also, I can be found fairly often in #savagetide on SynIRC. Questions are better asked/answered there.

A map of the entire region, courtesy of Bouquet. Sasserine is at the southwest end of Jeklea Bay, which extends west of the Azure Sea.

Character Info
-Unlimited Gestalt. Go nuts.
-32 Point Buy
-Fast Feats
-200gp to start
-Everyone gets to take 1 District Feat as a bonus.
-In your background, include some notable event that would give your character a reputation as an adventurer. Your character has just received an invitation to an audience at the Vanderboren manor, but they wouldn't receive the invite without having some kind of rep. Remember to include something about the District you're from (bonus feat).

Submissions so far:
pre:
Character       	   Class			Player
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ward			Stuff/Cleric			Piell
Cereza Silvestre	Scout/Swashbuckler		Nucular Carmul
Marika Sanyu Landi	Psion/Warblade			Bouqet
Valgar Adams		Swordsage/Psychic Warrior	Gharbad the Weak
Martin Withers		Factotum/Necromancer		Necroskowitz
Karas Galaeron		Cleric/Paladin  		Lord Koth
Oaken			Shapeshifter/Treant		Ryuujin
Corrina	Benalish	Duskblade/Abjurer		Vicissitude
Alator			Psion/Mind Flayer		ChrisAsmadi
Callie Sutton		Adept/Totemist			RPZip
Natasha Krystelle	Petal/Warlock			L0cke17
Jaxon Willow		Bard/Druid			Epicurius
Acidalia Livingston	Artificer/Druid			Anias

NovaLion fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Ward was forged nearly a hundred years ago by Illarien, a dwarven smith and wizard of some renown. Illarien was the proprietor of Illarien's Items, which bought, sold, and created magical items for sale. Ward was thus created to be both an example of Illarien's skill and a guard for the store. A year ago, however, Illarien was killed in a tragic teleportation accident, and Ward was left to find its own way. Ward enjoyed a brief stint in the Dungeon Bowl contests in the arena, but a rules change disqualifying created constructs ended his promising career after only one season. Ward is now searching for another position where it can display its considerable talents.

pre:
Ward
Warforged Crusader 1/Cloistered Cleric 1
Lawful Neutral

Strength 	16	(+3)
Dexterity 	12	(+1)
Constitution 	18	(+4)
Intelligence 	10	(+0)
Wisdom 		12	(+1)
Charisma 	6	(-2)

Total Hit Points: 14

Speed: 20 feet

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +1 [dexterity] +8 [armor plating]

Touch AC: 11
      Flat-footed: 18

Initiative modifier:	+1	= +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:		+6	= 2 [base] +4 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+1	= 0 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save:		+3	= 2 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):	+4	= 1 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (unarmed):	+4	= 1 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (missile):	+2	= 1 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Grapple check:		+4	= 1 [base] +3 [strength]

Languages:	Common 

Feats:
      Adamantine Body
      Protection Devotion [cleric bonus]
      Merchant's Tongue [Regional bonus]
      Extra Granted Maneuver [from flaw]

Flaws:
      Shaky (-2 to ranged attacks)

Balance 	Dex* 	0 = 	+1	+4	-5 [ACP]
Climb 		Str* 	0 = 	+3	+4/2 	-5 [ACP]
Craft (Armor)	Int	4 = 	+0	+4
Concentration 	Con 	7 = 	+3	+4 
Jump 		Str* 	2 = 	+3	+4 	-5 [ACP]
Swim 		Str** 	-5 = 	+3	+4/2 	-10 [ACP]
* = check penalty for wearing armor

Warforged:
    * +2 constitution, -2 wisdom, -2 charisma (already included)
    * Composite plating makes armor unusable, 5% arcane spell failure
    * Cannot heal damage naturally
    * Does not eat, sleep, breathe
    * 25% chance to avoid criticals and sneaks
    * -1 to -9 hp, inert but not progressing to death
    * Immune to poison, sleep, energy drain, disease, nausea, paralysis, fatigue, exhaustion
    * Slam for 1d4 bludgeoning

Crusader:
    Furious Counterstrike
    Steely Resolve 5
    5 readied maneuvers, 3 initially granted
    Maneuvers Known: Crusader's Strike, Vanguard Strike, Stone Bones, Leading the Attack, Charging Minotaur
    Stances Known: Martial Spirit

Cloistered Cleric:
    Bardic Knowledge
    Turn Undead 3x/day
    Domains: Knowledge, Magic, (traded for Protection Devotion feat)

Gear:
Masterwork Cold Iron Greatsword w/ wand sheath		500
Edit: Hero Version

pre:
Ward
Warforged 
Hero 1/Cloistered Cleric 1
Lawful Neutral

Strength 	17	(+4)
Dexterity 	12	(+1)
Constitution 	16	(+3)
Intelligence 	12	(+1)
Wisdom 		11	(+0)
Charisma 	6	(-2)

Total Hit Points: 13

Speed: 20 feet

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +1 [dexterity] +8 [armor plating]

Touch AC: 11
      Flat-footed: 18

Initiative modifier:	+1	= +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:		+5	= 2 [base] +3 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+3	= 2 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save:		+2	= 2 [base] +0 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):	+4	= 1 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (unarmed):	+4	= 1 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (missile):	+2	= 1 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Grapple check:		+4	= 1 [base] +3 [strength]

Feats:
      Adamantine Body
      Protection Devotion [cleric bonus]
      Merchant's Tongue [Regional bonus]
      Power Attack [from flaw]
      Cleave [Hero Bonus]

Flaws:
      Shaky (-2 to ranged attacks)

Balance		Dex* 	0 = 	+1	+4 	-5 [ACP]
Climb 		Str* 	2 = 	+3	+4 	-5 [ACP]
Craft (Armor)	Int	5 = 	+1	+4
Listen		Wis	5 =	+1	+4
Spot		Wis	5 =	+1	+4
Swim 		Str** 	-3 = 	+3	+4 	-10 [ACP]
Tumble		Dex* 	0 = 	+1	+4 	-5 [ACP]

Warforged:
    * +2 constitution, -2 wisdom, -2 charisma (already included)
    * Composite plating makes armor unusable, 5% arcane spell failure
    * Cannot heal damage naturally
    * Does not eat, sleep, breathe
    * 25% chance to avoid criticals and sneaks
    * -1 to -9 hp, inert but not progressing to death
    * Immune to poison, sleep, energy drain, disease, nausea, paralysis, fatigue, exhaustion
    * Slam for 1d4 bludgeoning

Hero:
    Bonus Feats

Cloistered Cleric:
    Bardic Knowledge
    Turn Undead 3x/day
    Domains: Knowledge, Magic, (traded for Protection Devotion feat)

Gear:
Masterwork Cold Iron Greatsword w/ wand sheath		500

Piell fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 20, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oh, this will get very interesting. Currently looking at a Duskblade/Cleric or Wizard, or a Paladin/Arcane caster. Not sure yet.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 11, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

I am going to do some kind of healing character, but not sure what the other side will be.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
What's unlimited gestalt do? The only thing I could find online is that everything stacks, including hit die size and bab.

And how does gestalt deal with multiclass penalties, I couldn't find anything in unearthed arcana.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Withdrawing.

Fasdar fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 12, 2014

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Kurieg posted:

What's unlimited gestalt do? The only thing I could find online is that everything stacks, including hit die size and bab.

And how does gestalt deal with multiclass penalties, I couldn't find anything in unearthed arcana.

Gestalt is essentially getting to be two classes at the same time, of the same level, with all the benefits and pitfalls that come with each.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Gestalt I get, I was just wondering what the difference between it and unlimited gestalt was.

I'll probably make something warlocky later.

Eldritch Glaive shenanigans go!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Quick question before I make a caster type. Can I substitute Combat Casting for Skill Focus: Concentration for requirements? CC sucks balls in comparison.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
If you aren't already full, I'd like to apply with a Scout/Swashbuckler, someone who used to be a guard on a ship, lives in the Azure District as of the start of the adventure. I have PMs of course.

pre:
Cereza Silvestre
Chaotic Good Human Level 1 Scout/Swashbuckler

Strength      12  (+1)
Dexterity     16  (+3)
Constitution  12  (+1)
Intelligence  14  (+2)
Wisdom        10  (0)
Charisma      14  (+2)

HP: 11
Speed: 30ft.

AC: 16 (3 Dex mod, 3 Studded)
FF: 12
Touch:13

Initiative:             3 (3 Dex mod)
Fort Save:              3 (2 Base, 1 Con mod)
Reflex Save:            5 (2 Base, 3 Dex mod)
Will Save:              0
Attack (light weapons): 4 (1 BAB, 3 Dex mod)
Attack (ranged):        4 (1 BAB, 3 Dex Mod)
Grapple:                2 (1 BAB, 1 Str mod)

Languages: Common, Halfling, Dwarven, Elven

Feats: Weapon Finesse (Swashbuckler), Dodge (1st level), Mobility (Human Bonus feat), Water Rat (Region)

Skills
Balance        6    (4 ranks, 3 dex mod, -1 ACP)
Bluff          6    (4 ranks, 2 Cha mod)
Diplomacy      6    (4 ranks, 2 Cha mod)
Disable Device 5    (3 ranks, 2 Int mod)
Escape Artist  4    (2 ranks, 3 Dex mod  -1 ACP)
Hide           6    (4 ranks, 3 dex mod  -1 ACP)
Listen         4    (4 ranks)
Move Silently  6    (4 ranks, 3 Dex mod  -1 ACP)
Search         6    (4 ranks, 2 Int mod)
Sense Motive   4    (4 ranks)
Survival       2    (2 ranks)
Swim           3    (2 feat, 1 Str mod)
Tumble         6    (4 ranks, 3 Dex mod  -1 ACP))
Use Rope       5    (2 ranks, 3 Dex mod)

Class Features
1d6 Skirmish
Trapfinding

Gear 
Kukrix2           (16 gp)
Studded Leather   (25 gp)
Backpack          (2 gp)
Bedroll           (1 sp)
Blanket, Winter   (5 sp)
Block and Tackle  (5 gp)
Caltrops x3       (3 gp)
Chalk x10         (1 sp)
Crowbar           (2 gp)
Flint and Steel   (1 gp)
Grappling Hook    (1 gp)
Lantern, hooded   (7 gp)
Mirror, steel     (10 gp)
Oil, flask x3     (3 sp)
Rations 4 days    (2 gp)
Rope 50ft         (1 gp)
Sewing Needle     (5 sp)
Soap              (5 sp)
Spade             (2 gp)
Thieves' Tools    (30 gp)
Thunderstone x3   (90 gp)
Waterskin         (1 gp)
8 gp remaining

Cereza Silvestre has lived in Sasserine for most of her life, after her mother settled down in the Azure District from parts unknown. She has never known a father, as her mother has always claimed he died in the shipwreck that landed her in the city. In any case, Cereza was trained to fight in a style similar to her mother's, a strange series of movements that incorporated a form of dancing. Listiria, her mother, taught her this from an early age, hoping to pass down some semblance of her tribe's nomadic ways. Cereza practices when she can, but has yet to fully grasp the nuances. She became a guard on a trading ship in an attempt to hone her skills, working for almost nothing save for room and board, and the experience of travel.

This lasted only a few months before misfortune struck, and the crew was beset by pirates. The portion of the crew not killed were to be sold as slaves, including Cereza, but for her there remained a sliver of luck. The ship was originally registered in a port somewhat far from Sasserine, and in addition, the crew were mostly from other parts of the world. The pirates moved their bounty to Shadowshore to offload the slaves and start getting estimates on the cargo. Listiria, having not heard from her daughter in the usual amount of time Cereza would write to her, was in the process of shaking down the local thugs in Shadowshore, and soon caught wind of the slave auction. Listiria attended the auction, bought her daughter back, then mother and daughter slipped into the inn the pirates were carousing in for the night. A few slit throats and reclaimed gold pieces later (with some extra thrown in for emotional damages), Listiria pressed a couple hundred gold into Cereza's hands and told her not to allow this incident to make her fear going out into the world once more. And so Cereza continued to look for work that would allow her to finally reach the potential her mother had always seen in her.

Nucular Carmul fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 23, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

A few quick questions.

1. Will we be using the feats in the adventure guide as 1st level bonus feats? It says they can be, but that it's not necessary.
2. Would it be possible to take (Greater)Luminous Armor as spells known for a Sorcerer? I suppose there's always Arcane Preparation too, but those precious, precious feat slots...
3. Are Flaws allowed?
4. Would it be possible to switch Paladin casting to Cha?

edit: Questions added.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 12, 2014

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Lord Koth posted:

Two quick questions.

1. Will we be using the feats in the adventure guide as 1st level bonus feats? It says they can be, but that it's not necessary.
2. Would it be possible to take (Greater)Luminous Armor as spells known for a Sorcerer? I suppose there's always Arcane Preparation too, but those precious, precious feat slots...
3. Are Flaws allowed?
4. Would it be possible to switch Paladin casting to Cha?

1. Yes, you can take 1 District Feat as a bonus.
2. I can't think of any serious abuse off the top of my head, so for now feel free to take an armor spell as known.
3. I'll look at Flaws on a case-by-case basis.
4. I don't really want to deal with keeping track of minor changes to every class/character/whatever. If you find a good homebrew of what you want to play, I'll take a look at it.

NovaLion fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 12, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Kurieg posted:

Gestalt I get, I was just wondering what the difference between it and unlimited gestalt was.

I'll probably make something warlocky later.

Eldritch Glaive shenanigans go!

"Unlimited gestalt" is just regular gestalt, it's specified that way because tiered gestalt (where stronger classes like full casters don't get to gestalt, while weaker classes like monk do) is a lot more common here.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I just moved everything down to my next post. Go see it there.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 16, 2014

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marika Sanyu Landi

The only child of a successful merchant couple with contacts (and ancestry) scattered widely across Oerth, Marika's loving parents taught her that she shouldn't let being a woman stop her from succeeding in life. The unspoken message was that "succeeding" was important and the unintended message was that any path to success that didn't hurt someone else was a good one, regardless of pesky things like rules and laws.

Marika received an excellent education from some of Sasserine's finest tutors and earned admittance to the House of the Dragon at a younger age than the average pupil. During her time at the academy, she was never the best in her class at any one subject, but did manage to do well in almost every subject, both academic and physical. She also demonstrated a facility for good-natured pranks widely appreciated by her fellow students and innocuous enough to be mostly tolerated by a faculty that remembered their own student days with fondness.

For the most part, Marika's time at the House of the Dragon passed without noteworthy incident. There were trials and tribulations, of course, each desperately important at the time, but only one event that had a particularly strong impact on her future path through life. The incident occurred, curiously enough, in Philosophy class. One of the readings made an off-handed remark about poison being a woman's weapon. The young Marika questioned this assertion, a rather arrogant young nobleman defended it, the instructor lost control, and what had the potential to be an enlightening discussion about means vs. ends, gender roles, the social construction of morality and the price of victory instead degenerated into Marika leaping across the classroom, knocking the nobleman to the floor, and kneeing him in the groin repeatedly while screaming incoherently about the inherent weakness of men until the instructor managed to pull her off of him. Luckily this was Marika's first significant infraction, the nobleman's family was only slightly higher status than Marika's, and the headmaster had seen enough of the youth in action to be rather sympathetic to Marika's actions, having wanted to do something similar himself to the smug brat once or twice.

The short term result of the incident was Marika scrubbing a lot of floors. The medium term effect was to spark an intense interest in poison, attacking from a distance, outnumbering the opponent, using the power of the mind to alter one's surroundings, and so on. The longer term effect was the young nobleman experiencing a number of periods of major illness, which led to his withdrawal from the House of the Dragon, although no one but Marika realized that connection and deeply regretted her revenge six months later when she accidentally gave herself a mild dose of the same poison and spent a night in misery like she had never experienced before. The young woman continued her learning and experimentation with poison, but to a less obsessive degree and with a newfound determination to avoid using her skills of any sort solely to injure another based on her own whim.

Upon graduation, Marika was at a loss for the first time she could remember. She had been so focused on learning as much as she could and graduating that she had no idea what to do when she was finished. In a panic, she managed to talk herself into a position as an assistant at the House of the Dragon. A few months later, when the headmaster received a request for suggestions of individuals who might be a good fit for some discreet troubleshooting work he was grateful for the opportunity to pass on Marika's name. It was obvious the recent graduate needed a more rigorous employment environment and even his tolerance and fondness for Marika were being stretched by her creative influence on the pranks of the students. When the invitation arrived, Marika leaped at the chance to try something new and didn't notice the headmaster's relief when she asked for the time off. The next day, she packed up a kit that should suffice for whatever lies ahead and set out into the unknown with a cheerful wave.

pre:
Human Psion (Shaper) 1 / Warblade 1
Chaotic Good
Deity: Lydia

Strength 	14	(+2)
Dexterity 	14	(+2)
Constitution 	10	(+0)
Intelligence 	16	(+3)
Wisdom 		14	(+2)
Charisma 	10	(+0)

Total Hit Points: 12

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 15 = 10 +2 [dexterity] +3 [armor]

Touch AC: 12
      Flat-footed: 13

Initiative modifier:	+2	= +2 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:		+2	= 2 [base] +0 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+3	= 0 [base] +2 [dexterity] +1 [warblade, when not flat-footed]
Will save:		+4	= 2 [base] +2 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):	+3	= 1 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (unarmed):	+3	= 1 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (missile):	+3	= 1 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Grapple check:		+3	= 1 [base] +2 [strength]

Languages:	Common, Amedi, Draconic, Elven

Flaw:
      Murky-Eyed (roll miss chance from concealment twice and miss if either roll misses)

Feats:
      Boost Construct [Level 1]
      Academy Graduate [Regional Bonus]
      Master of Poisons [Human Bonus]
      Psicrystal Affinity [Psion Bonus]
      Combat Reflexes [Flaw Bonus]

Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha),
  Disguise (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (all) (Int), Martial Lore (Int), Profession (Wis),
  Psicraft (Int), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Psionic Device (Cha).
Feat bonus class skills:  Decipher Script (Int), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha)

Skill		Att	Total	Att	Ranks	Misc
Balance 	Dex* 	4 = 	+1	+4	-1 (armor)
Concentration	Con	4 =	+0	+4
Craft (Poison)	Int	12 =	+3	+4	+2 (tools) +3 (psicrystal)
Decipher Script	Int	4 =	+3	+1
Forgery		Int 	4 = 	+3	+1
Jump 		Str* 	1 = 	+2	+0	-1 (armor)
Know (Arcana)	Int 	4 = 	+3	+1
Know (Arch)	Int	4 =	+3	+1
Know (Dungeon)	Int	4 =	+3	+1
Know (Geography)Int	4 =	+3	+1
Know (History)	Int 	5 = 	+3	+0	+2 (feat)
Know (Local)	Int 	4 = 	+3	+1
Know (Nature)	Int 	4 = 	+3	+1
Know (Nobility)	Int 	5 = 	+3	+0	+2 (feat)
Know (Religion)	Int	4 =	+3	+1
Know (Planes)	Int	4 =	+3	+1
Know (Psionics)	Int	4 =	+3	+1
Psi/spellcraft	Int	7 =	+3	+4
Swim		Str**	0=	+2	+0	-2 (armor)
Tumble		Dex* 	5 = 	+2	+4	-1 (armor)
Use P/M Device	Cha	1 =	+0	+1

Warblade:
    Battle Clarity
    Weapon Aptitude
    3 readied maneuvers
    Maneuvers Known: Steel Wind, Charging Minotaur, Sudden Leap
    Stances Known: Punishing Stance

Psion (Shaper):
    3 power points/day
    Powers Known: Astral Construct, Psionic Minor Creation, Urban Strider

Gear:
Item				Cost	Weight
Ranseur				10	12
Kukri				8	2
Flail				8	5
Studded leather armor		25	20
Composite shortbow (STR +0)	75	2
Silk rope 50'			10	5
Backpack			2	2
Belt pouch			1	.5
Signal whistle			.8	0
Waterskin			1	4
Masterwork Craft (Poison) tools	55	5
Arrows (40)			2	6
Total				197.8
pre:
Dalimal the Artiste Psicrystal
Str 1, Dex 15, Con -, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 10
Diminutive Construct
AC 16 (+4 size +2 dex), Touch 16, flat-foot 14
Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4 (from Marika)

Skills: Climb +10 (0ranks); Move Silently +6 (4ranks); Search +2 (4ranks); Spot +4; Listen +4
 plus Balance +6; Concentration +4; Craft (Poison) +2; Decipher Script -1; Forgery -1; K(Arcana) -1;
  K(Arch) -1; K(Local) -1; K(Nature) -1; K(Religion) -1; K(Planes) -1; Psicraft +2; Tumble +4; UMD +1

Inherent Qualities:
Construct Traits: Immune: Ability Damage, Ability Drain, Critical Hits, Death Effects, Disease,
   Energy Drain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, non-object/harmless Fortitude save effects, Mind-affecting,
   Nonlethal Damage, Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, Stunning. Cannot heal but can be repaired.
Psicrystal Climbing: Use Dex for Climb checks, +8 Climb [racial], always take 10 for Climb.

Psicrystal Special Abilities:
Alertness (Ex): When within reach of Marika, she gains the Alertness feat.
Improved Evasion (Ex) If subject to attack that allows Refl save for half, take 0 on success or half on failure.
Personality (Artiste) (Ex): Marika gains +3 to Craft.
Self-Propulsion (Su): Marika Standard Action: Psicrystal gains 30ft Speed/20ft Climb. Fades after 1day.
Share Powers (Su): At Marika’s choice, share powers manifested with psicrystal (if within 5ft). If duration
   > instantaneous, power ceases if psicrystal moves >5ft away. Manifest “You” target powers on psicrystal as
   touch range. Cannot share powers that do not affect constructs.
Sighted (Ex): Sense environment as normal creature. Darkness (even Supernatural) irrelevant.
   Can’t detect invisible/ethereal. Range: 40ft.
Telepathic Link (Su): Link between Marika & psicrystal, range: 1mile.
   Communicate as if psicrystal were target of mindlink power.
Long term plan is to just stick with Warblade and Psion all the way to 20. If there's another Psion or I am having lots of fun with Astral Construct I might go for http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625b on the Psion side. Her big gimmick at level 1 is being able to make a bunch of debuffing poison (all her options have DC 14 or lower) and use it in combat at any range. Poison stops being super useful around about level 7, but that's the point where she gets Psychic Reformation and completely rearranges her skills and feats to do something else. Beyond level 7 psion becomes more and more dominant in what she does, although it is pretty easy to adjust the powers I take to ramp things down a bit if she gets too awesome.
Personal Construct
Level: 5th.
Replaces: The bonus feat at 5th level.
Prerequisite: You must know the astral construct power.
Benefit: You can create a specific astral construct that you have chosen as your favored as if you had the Quickened Power feat, by only sacrificing your psionic focus. This personal construct, once chosen, always has the same abilities and appearance every time you summon it. Each time you gain a level, you may change the abilities and appearance of your favored construct.

Powers wishlist:
1: Crystal Shard, Ecto Protection
2: Psionic Repair Damage, Specified Energy Adaptation, Damp Power, Swarm of Crystals
3: Dispel Psionics, Ectoplasmic Cocoon, Energy Wall, Touchsight
4: Psychic Reformation, Psionic Fabricate, Psionic Dimension Door, Psionic Freedom of Movement
5: Power Resistance, Psionic True Seeing, Psionic Major Creation, Tower of Iron Will
6: Temporal Acceleration, Psionic Greater Fabricate, Crystallize, Retrieve
7: Psionic Moment of Prescience, Energy Wave
8: Bend Reality, Psionic Greater Teleport, Psionic Mind Blank
9: Reality Revision, True Creation, Assimilate

Constructor Prestige Class Mirror

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 24, 2014

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Bouquet posted:

NovaLion, I'm thinking about a Psion (Shaper). Are we using the default psionics/magic transparency rules? If so, would it be possible to have Psicraft/Spellcraft and/or Use Psionic Device/Use Magic Device transparency too?

I'm going with complete transparency.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
A crusader, swordsage and a warblade. Tome of Battle, motherfuckers.
pre:

Valgar Adams
Azurin Unarmed Swordsage 1/Psychic Warrior 1
True Neutral

Strength 	14	(+2)
Dexterity 	14	(+2)
Constitution 	14	(+2)
Intelligence 	12	(+1)
Wisdom 		16	(+3)
Charisma 	8	(-1)

Total Hit Points: 10

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +2 [dexterity]+3 [wisdom] +4 [chain shirt]

Touch AC: 15
      Flat-footed: 14

Initiative modifier:	+3	= +2 [dexterity]+1 [Quick to Act]
Fortitude save:		+5	= 3 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+5	= 3 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Will save:		+6	= 3 [base] +3 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):	+2	= 0 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (unarmed):	+3	= 0 [base] +2 [strength]+1[discipline focus]
Attack (missile):	+0	= 0 [base] +2 [dexterity] -2 [Shaky]
Grapple check:		+2	= 0 [base] +2 [strength]

Feats:
      Regional Bonus: Water Rat
      Flaw: Adaptive Style
      Azurin Bonus: Azure Talent
      Psychic Warrior: Psicrystal Affinity
      1. Psycarnum Infusion

Concentration 	Con 	9 = 	+2	+4	+3 [Psicrystal]
Jump 		Str* 	4 = 	+2	+4 	-2 [ACP]
Hide 		Dex*	4 = 	+2	+4	-2 [ACP]
Move Silently 	Dex* 	4 = 	+2	+4 	-2 [ACP]
Tumble 		Dex* 	4 = 	+2	+4 	-2 [ACP]
Swim 		Str** 	4 = 	+2	+4 	-4 [ACP] +2 [water rat]
Sense Motive    Wis     7 =     +3      +4

Azurin: Human appearing with blue schlera (whites of eyes)
    * Humanoid, incarnum subtype
    * Extra feat at 1st level (included)
    * Starts with an extra point of essentia, minimum 1.

Swordsage:
    Quick to Act 1
    Discipline Focus: Weapon Focus (unarmed strike)
    6 known maneuvers, 4 readied
    Maneuvers Known: Shadow Blade Technique, Mighty Throw, Wolf Fang Strike, Counter Charge, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, Burning Blade
    Stances Known: Island of Blades

Psychic Warrior:
    Psychic Warrior Feat [included]
    Powers: Force Shield
    Power Points: 0 [class] + 1 [wisdom]

Gear:
Chain Shirt [100 gp] Light, AC 4, Armor Penalty 2, 25 pounds
Feather Token, Anchor [50 gp]
Potion of Lessor Vigor [50 gp]
Background: Water Rat (Azure District)

The Adams family is a well known and extremely prosperous whaling family, descended from the notorious Morgan Adams, a great duelist and rumored pirate. Generation after generation of Adams were captains, bold and true.

Valgar, meanwhile, is a barely notable member of the Dredgers Guild. Valgar just, you know, is kinda... casual. Which is a nice way to say unambitious, I suppose. His plan was to build up enough money to buy a shack, find someone appropriately fat and ugly to have children with, and slowly waste away doing the same job he'd been doing for the past few years.

That is, until someone let loose a goddamn dinosaur in the middle of the Gull's Nest.

Now, to set the record straight, Valgar happened to be walking by when he heard the screams. After making fairly sure no one else was going to solve the problem for him, Valgar heroically snuck into the building, where a (somewhat small) deinonychus was running around a little like a dinosaur who had found itself let loose in the middle of a bunch of screaming people.

In a moment that would change Valgar's life forever, he was heroically spotted because the crate he was hiding behind up and moved, because some jerk was hiding UNDER it and WALKED AWAY (who does that?) and, seeing that Valgar was the only person not running around, the dinosaur for some reason saw him as the most immediate threat.

Tales would spread among the people of the Azure district of how Valgar confidently strode towards the dinosaur, and, with a sigh, knocked it unconscious with a single chop of his hands, mainly because everyone was too busy running to see Valgar desperately flailing about trying to stay alive. But the tale sounded much cooler than how that sounds, so, you know. It goes.

So Valgar, Dino-Puncher, became somewhat a local celebrity. He figured it was a one time deal, and actually found himself enjoying the attention. He didn't enjoy the people picking fights with him to prove they could beat up Valgar, but that usually didn't last long and no harm was done. Either he'd give'm a bit of a spanking or he'd run and hide, like you do. It was all surprisingly fun!

Still, being invited to the Vanderboren Manor was more attention than he expected. Being a local celebrity has its perks, right?

- - -
So, Psycarnum Infusion allows a psychic warrior to expend psionic focus to treat Azure Talent as if it had max possible essentia for one round. So, we can have up to 2 essentia in it, and, basically, for one round, we get 4 temporary PP (of which I can only use 1 at level 1), which can be immediately used to fuel Force Screen for 1 minute. With leather armor, his base AC is 10+2[leather]+2[dex]+3[wis]=17, but with force screen it goes up to 21. So, as long as we scout, my yet-to-be-named guy can enter every combat with Force Screen without spending any "real" pp. In this build, the Psychic Warrior is mostly a passive buffing class.

I might be changing the manuvers. It's a little up in the air, since I've never played a gestalt campaign before, I get a little dizzy.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 16, 2014

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
You folks seem to have a lot of meaty frontline fighters. But do you have the skills that kills?

Martin Withers

Martin Withers is the son of the once famous adventurer turned arena champion Gerhart Withershins. Young Martin would always watch his father’s bouts and dreamed of someday becoming a contender and following in his father’s footsteps. However, when his father refused to take a bribe from a local “fraternal organization” to throw a match his life changed dramatically.

His father was ambushed by assassins on the way home from a fight and killed in the streets. To make an example of those that refused to do business with them, the criminals then assaulted Wither’s home and murdered his family, setting fire to the building as they left. Martin himself had been injured in the attack but managed to escape death by hiding beneath the bodies of his own family until the assassins had left. While Martin escaped with his life he was left to fend for himself amid the streets of Sasserine.

He survived to see adulthood by picking up a wide variety of skills that allowed him to be prepared for any number of contingency. He eventually made a habit of breaking into others’ homes to steal items that he could later pawn off for some quick cash. However, on one such occasion he was caught by the homeowner, a visiting explorer. Amazed by the skill Withers utilized in evading his security until that point, the adventurer took Martin under his wing.

Since then Martin has made a name for himself as a scholar, dilettante, and gentleman explorer. His reputation is that of a cunning man that can find a way to resolve any number of dangerous situations. What few know is that the reasons behind Martin’s expeditions have changed ever since he took up with the cult of Vecna. No longer does he seek the adventure as merely a means of wealth, he desires to unlock the mysteries behind life and death to avert the same mortality that ended his childhood.

pre:

Martin Withers
Human Factotum//Dread Necromancer 1
Neutral Evil

Background: Arena Blood

Strength 	10	(+0)
Dexterity 	14	(+2)
Constitution 	8	(-1)
Intelligence 	15	(+2)
Wisdom 		13	(+1)
Charisma 	16	(+3)

Total Hit Points: 7

Armor Class: 16 = 10 +2 [dexterity]+4 [chain shirt]

Fortitude save:		-1	= 0 [base] -1 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+4	= 2 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Will save:		+4	= 3 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):	+0	= 0 [base] +0 [strength
Attack (unarmed):	+0	= 0 [base] +0 [strength]
Attack (missile):	+2	= 2 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Grapple check:		+0	= 0 [base] +0 [strength]

Languages:	Common, Draconic, Infernal

Feats: 
      Human Bonus: Arcane Disciple: Undeath
      Dread Necromancer: Tomb-Tainted Soul

Autohypnosis		Wis 	2 = 	+1	+1	
Bluff 	 		Cha 	4 = 	+3 	+1
Concentration 		Con 	0 = 	-1	+1	
Craft(Alchemy) 		Int 	3 = 	+2	+1	
Craft(Poisonmaking) 	Int 	3 = 	+2	+1	
Diplomacy 		Cha 	7 = 	+3 	+4
Disable Device 		Int 	3 = 	+2	+1	
Disguise 		Cha 	4 = 	+3 	+1
Gather Information	Cha 	4 = 	+3 	+1
Hide 			Dex*	2 = 	+3	+1	-2 [ACP]
Intimidate 		Cha 	9 = 	+3 	+4	+2 [Arena Blood]
Knowledge(Arcana)	Int 	3 = 	+2	+1	
Knowledge(Religion)	Int 	6 = 	+2	+4	
Knowledge(Nature)	Int 	3 = 	+2	+1	
Listen 	 		Wis 	2 = 	+1 	+1
Move Silently 		Dex* 	2 = 	+3	+1 	-2 [ACP]
Search 			Int 	3 = 	+2	+1	
Spellcraft		Int 	6 = 	+2	+4	
Spot 			Wis 	2 = 	+1	+1	
Tumble 			Dex* 	1 = 	+2	+1 	-2 [ACP]
Use Magic Device	Cha 	7 = 	+3 	+4

Human:
    * Humanoid
    * Extra feat at 1st level (included)
    * 4 extra skillpoints at first level, 1 every level thereafter

Dread Necromancer:
    Spellcasting
    Charnel Touch (Su)
    Rebuke Undead (Su)

Factotum:
    Inspiration 2
    Cunning Insight(Ex)
    Cunning Knowledge(Ex)
    Trapfinding (Ex)

Gear: 14 gp
Chain Shirt 	[100 gp] Light, AC 4, Armor Penalty 2, 25 pounds
Glaive		[8 gp]   Two-handed, Slashing, 1d10, ×3, 12 pounds
Longbow		[75 gp]	 Ranged, Piercing, 1d8, x3, 100 ft., 3 pounds
Arrows (80)	[3 gp] 9 pounds

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 15, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
If anyone has a suggestion or two about my skill list selection, feel free to let me know! I took hide/move silent because some shadow-hand moves let you do things like go invisible, but I'm not tied to them.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Backstory also added to my main post. I can rewrite it if it's too grim for the campaign you're trying to run:

Martin Withers is the son of the once famous adventurer turned arena champion Gerhart Withershins. Young Martin would always watch his father’s bouts and dreamed of someday becoming a contender and following in his father’s footsteps. However, when his father refused to take a bribe from a local “fraternal organization” to throw a match his life changed dramatically.

His father was ambushed by assassins on the way home from a fight and killed in the streets. To make an example of those that refused to do business with them, the criminals then assaulted Wither’s home and murdered his family, setting fire to the building as they left. Martin himself had been injured in the attack but managed to escape death by hiding beneath the bodies of his own family until the assassins had left. While Martin escaped with his life he was left to fend for himself amid the streets of Sasserine.

He survived to see adulthood by picking up a wide variety of skills that allowed him to be prepared for any number of contingency. He eventually made a habit of breaking into others’ homes to steal items that he could later pawn off for some quick cash. However, on one such occasion he was caught by the homeowner, a visiting explorer. Amazed by the skill Withers utilized in evading his security until that point, the adventurer took Martin under his wing.

Since then Martin has made a name for himself as a scholar, dilettante, and gentleman explorer. His reputation is that of a cunning man that can find a way to resolve any number of dangerous situations. What few know is that the reasons behind Martin’s expeditions have changed ever since he entered the temple of a long forgotten god. No longer does he seek the adventure as merely a means of wealth, he desires to unlock the mysteries behind life and death to avert the same mortality that ended his childhood.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Got a picture, name and backstory for my character, put it up there in my post. Read the player's guide top to bottom.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

If anyone wants a crazy detailed Greyhawk map to fill in the details of things, here it is http://ghmaps.net/greyhawk-maps/online-map/ . Sasserine is at the southwest end of Jeklea Bay, which extends west of the Azure Sea.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Karas Mournheart

Quick and dirty backstory is he was turned over to and raised by acolytes of Boccob as a child. Though an arcane interest of theirs, they also raised him fairly and saw to his education and schooling. He's aware of what people generally think of those like him, and wishes to change perceptions. Currently working as a shrine guard.

I'll flesh it out, but it's currently late.

Anyways, I'll be your portable knowledge tome.

pre:
Name: Karas Mournheart
Lesser Tiefling Duskblade 1//Abjurer 1
Neutral Good
Deity: Boccob

Str 16(+3)
Dex 14(+2)
Con 14(+2)
Int 18(+4)
Wis 10(+0)
Cha 06(-2)

HP: 10

Armor Class: 16 = 10 + 2[Dex] + 4[Armor]
      Touch: 12

Init: +2 = + 2[Dex]

Saves
Fort: +4 = 2[Base] + 2[Con]
Refl: +2 = 0[Base] + 2[Dex]
Will: +2 = 2[Base] + 0[Wis]

BAB: +1
Melee:   +4 = 1[BAB] + 3[Str]
Range:   +3 = 1[BAB] + 2[Dex]
Grapple: +4 = 1[BAB] + 3[Str]

Languages: Common, Infernal, Draconic, Auran, Aquan, Elven

Feats:
   1st: Power Attack
  Flaw: Spell Focus(Abjuration)
 Bonus: Scribe Scroll
Region: Academy Graduate

Skills:                        Stat    Ranks    Misc.
Climb 		Str*    2 = 	+3	+0 	-2[ACP]
Concentration 	Con 	6 = 	+2	+4 
Decipher Script	Int 	5 = 	+4	+1	
Jump 		Str*    2 = 	+3	+0 	-2[ACP]
Knowledge
-Arcana		Int     8 = 	+4	+4
-Dungeoneering	Int     5 = 	+4	+1
-History        Int     6 =     +4      +0      +2[Feat]
-Nature		Int     6 = 	+4	+2
-Local		Int     6 = 	+4	+2
-Nobles&Royals  Int     6 =     +4      +0      +2[Feat]
-Religion	Int     8 = 	+4	+4
-Planes		Int     6 = 	+4	+2

Ride		Dex     2 = 	+2	+0
Sense Motive    Wis     0 = 	+0	+0 
Spellcraft	Int     8 = 	+4	+4
Swim 		Str**  -1 = 	+3	+0 	-4[ACP]

Duskblade Spells
0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1: Shocking Grasp, Ray of Enfeeblement

Wizard Spells
0: All
1: Shield, True Strike, Feather Fall, Benign Transposition, Protection from Evil, Detect Secret Doors, Magic Missile

Typical Wizard Spells Prepared
0: Prestidigitation, Caltrops, Mending, [s]Resistance
1: True Strike, Feather Fall, [s]Shield

Lesser Tiefling:
  Humanoid(Planetouched)
  +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha
  Darkvision 60'
  +2 bonus to Bluff & Hide
  Resist Cold 5, Resist Electricity 5, Resist Fire 5
  SLA: Darkness 1/day

Duskblade:
  Arcane Attunement 7/day
  Armored Mage

Wizard(Abjurer):
  Immediate Magic(Urgent Shield) 4/day
  Scribe Scroll(Bonus Feat)

Flaw: 
 Inattentive: -4 on Listen & Spot checks

Gear:
Chain Shirt
Guisarme
Spiked Gauntlet
Spell Component Pouch x2

76 gp
Side note: Replaced Familiar with Immediate Magic since, if the campaign doesn't die, I don't plan to stay in the base Wizard class for long. If Familiar advancement can be tied to Wizard caster level instead, I'll probably take the familiar. Otherwise I might just take the feat somewhere down the road, space permitting.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 15, 2014

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
I'm going to be making picks this Saturday, probably around noon in Tokyo. Have everything finished by then!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I never got my question answered :(

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
It is Saturday, though.

Oh, NEXT Saturday.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 17, 2014

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
It's Sunday in Tokyo so he probably means next Saturday.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Oaken

For quite some time Standing Stone Park located in Sunrise has been a place of serenity, of nature, and of beauty. Those with a preference for the natural world, or a touch of nature magic, gravitated toward the park, eschewing the more industrial areas of the city. Many came to the park to sit and relax, to pray, or to get in-tune with nature. There was a particular tree that was quite popular for these activities. This tree was strangely vibrant with natural energy, drawing those of a druidical bent from afar.

One day a passing Druid, some say a distant member of the Knowlern family, came to pray at this tree. This Druid became quite in-tune with nature and rose as green light leaked from beneath their eyes reaching out and touching the tree. And thus the tree awoke.

Yes the tree awoke, and found it didn't know what to do. The Druid had left, without giving the tree a purpose. For some time the tree remained standing where it had always been. Watching those that came to relax, and those that came to pray. Eventually it grew curious about their lives beyond the park and it arose and left the park. In traveled the city for some time, though it drew more than its fair share of looks. Over time it grew to have a name, not the best of names perhaps but a name none the less. As various citizens began to call the walking tree Oaken.

In time even the city paled. Oaken grew curious and left the city and traveled the land for a time. It soon learned that many of the fleshy creatures, humans and otherwise, were vicious and had a tendency to pray upon each other. Oaken felt distraught at this and while witnessing a bandit attack he strode forward and fought off the terrorizing force. Natural energy built up within it and its form shifted and changed, it took on the wooden and leafy form of a predator, looking much like a plant based wolf. It tore into the bandits and drove them away.

Oaken had finally found a purpose and began to travel as a wandering hero. He began to gain a name for himself, it is not every day that a tree walks around fighting off bandits, pirates and raiders and accomplishing various adventures,. He began to make a name for himself to such a degree that even those in the City of Sasserine had begun to hear about him, remembering the walking tree that had once walked their streets.

Oaken was passing through the area again when he was surprised to hear people calling his name, and even cheering him, and then a courier ran him down. It seems that his fame had grown to the point that even he had received an invitation to an audience at the Vanderboren manor. Oaken wasn't entirely clear on just who was important in the areas of the city outside of Sunrise but still he understood the honor in the invitation. And it might be for the best if he goes, especially if he intends to return to the city again.

pre:
    Name: Oaken
    Race: Treant
    Class: Shapeshifter/Treant
    Levels: 1
    Height: 6'6"
    Weight: 567 lbs
    Hair: Leafy Green
    Eyes: Green

Atr: Base + Race + Levels + Items
    ---  ----   ----   ------   -----
    Str: 16   +  0   +   0    +  0 = 16 (+3)
    Dex: 14   +  2   +   0    +  0 = 16 (+3)
    Con: 16   +  0   +   0    +  0 = 16 (+3)
    Int: 10   +  2   +   0    +  0 = 12 (+1)
    Wis: 10   +  0   +   0    +  0 = 10 (+0)
    Cha: 10   +  0   +   0    +  0 = 10 (+0)

XP: 0

Grapple: +4
    AC: 17 (+4 Natural Armor, +3 Dex)
    Speed: 30 ft 

Languages: Common, 
    Alignment: CG

Initiative: +3

Saves: Type  Base  Stat  Misc  Total
           ----  ----  ----  ----  ----- 
           Fort:  2  +  3  +  0  =  +5* 
           Refl:  2  +  3  +  0  =  +5
           Will:  0  +  0  +  0  =  +0
*+2 bonus to resist special attacks from plant creatures.

Skills:
	Skill			     Modifier Ranks   Stats   Misc
	-----			     -------- -----   -----   ----
	Balance	         		+3	0	+3
	Bluff				+0	0	+0
	Climb				+4	1	+3
	Craft				+1	0	+1
	Disguise			+0	0	+0
	Escape Artist			+3	0	+3
	Handle Animal	        	+1	0	+0	+1
	Hide				+4	1	+3	(+16 in forested areas)
	Jump				+4	1	+3
	Knowledge Nature		+6	4	+1	+1
	Listen				+4	4	+0
	Spot				+4	4	+0
	Survival			+5	4	+0	+1
	Swim				+3	1	+3

Feats:
	Student of Nature (1st Bonus)
	Power Attack (1st)

Racial Qualities:
	+4 Natural Armor
	+2 Dex, +2 Int
	Plant Type:  Immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, 
stunning, and polymorphing.  Not subject to critical hits.
	Low-Light Vision:  Can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight,
torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.  Retain the ability
to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
	+16 racial bonus to Hide checks made in forested areas.
	Automatic languages:  Common, Sylvan, Treant.

Class Abilities:
	Speak with Animals
	Shape shift (Predator)
	Meld With Equipment:  1 item.

Forms Known:
	Predator Form:  Primary Bite attack 1d8, 5ft reach.  +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and 
Natural Armor improves by 4.  Base land speed becomes 50 feet.  

Inventory:
       Name                     Cost		 LBS	
       ------------             ------		-----
       None

Money: 
pre:
Predator
11/11 HP; 21 AC (13 Touch, 18 Flat-footed) Fort +5/Ref +5/Will +0)
Bite +6 vs. AC 1d8+5 damage 
Speed 50

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Vicissitude posted:

Quick question before I make a caster type. Can I substitute Combat Casting for Skill Focus: Concentration for requirements? CC sucks balls in comparison.

Sorry I missed this! Yeah, go ahead.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

The Benalish family has been fine upstanding magical merchants for generations beyond measure (as far as the public knows). They deal only in the finest of magical objects, trinkets and gewgaws for sale. Everything from weapons and armor to enchanted quills and impossibly precise instruments of measure. When Corrina was sent to the Academy to learn the Art she was expected to excel in her studies as the family always had, and then join the business as a procurer and part-time enchanter.

But life is what happens when your parents are busy making plans for you.

Corrina was a mediocre student at best, mostly due to her propensity for physical altercations with other students and a nearly constant state of disciplinary action for daydreaming in class. Her work was sloppy, theories unfounded and poorly researched, and the only thing she excelled at was abjuration, and only then to protect herself from the spells and hexes her classmates sent her way. However, those who did attempt to curse her often found themselves on the receiving end of a physical assault.

While she eventually made it out of the Academy, there were rumors that her family had made a generous donation to ease her passing. Combined with her sudden departure on an "acquisitions journey", it seemed as though the Benalish family was sweeping their daughter under the rug. That would have been the end of her story, except for the bandits. Now, the Benalish family was rather involved in royal affairs. All sorts of ambitious courtiers would come, under the strictest confidence of course, to them for a little bit of magical one-upsmanship to get ahead of the game with their peers. This was fairly common knowledge, but nobody ever admitted to anything. But the fact is, a caravan of even minor magical objects was a rich haul.

Nobody expected much from the failed student of magic, but she surprised the lot of them. Corrina had often snuck away from class to head down to the stables. The stablemaster was an old sell-sword, long since retired with a badly broken leg. But he took a liking to her and showed her the ins and outs of using a blade. She was almost the daughter he'd never had, and he saw a kind of kindred spirit in a "failure" like him. But those lessons came back to her pretty quickly in the heat of battle. The magic seemed to flow with her as she fought, wrapping around the blade and striking true with the steel. Those spells she used to deflect petulant curses now warded against lethal blows. It was over a lot sooner than she believed it ever could be, but in the end the caravan was safe and only a half dozen had been killed or wounded. It could have been so much worse.

The family was quick to welcome her back with open arms. They made a very big to-do of it. A gala, a meeting with the royal family, a few prospective arranged marriages being negotiated in private. Thankfully a message arrived before anything serious could be decided about Corrina's future. She had been invited to Vanderboren manor for a very important purpose.

pre:
Corrina Benalish
Human Duskblade 1//Abjurer 1
Neutral Good

Strength 	10	( 0)
Dexterity 	15	(+2)
Constitution 	14	(+2)
Intelligence 	16	(+3)
Wisdom 		12	(+1)
Charisma 	10	( 0)

Total Hit Points: 10/10

Speed: 30'

Armor Class: 12 = 10 +2 Dex

Flat-footed: 10

Fortitude save:		+4	= 2 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+2	= 0 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Will save:		+3	= 2 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):	+3	= 1 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Attack (unarmed):	+3	= 1 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Attack (missile):	+3	= 1 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Grapple check:		+1	= 1 [base] +0 [strength]

Languages:	Common, Draconic, Elven, Celestial

Feats:
  District -  Merchant's Tongue
  Human    -  Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Elven Courtblade)
  Wizard 1 -  Scribe Scroll
  1st      -  Weapon Finesse
  Flaw     -  Reach Spell

Flaws:
      Innatentive (-4 to Spot and Listen checks)

Concentration 	Con 	6 = 	+2	4
Craft
 - Drawing      Int     7 =     +3      4
Knowledge
 - Arcana       Int     7 =     +3      4
Spellcraft      Int     7 =     +3      4    
Tumble          Dex     4 =     +2      2 (4)
Swim            Str     4 =     +0      4

Duskblade:
    Arcane Attunement 6/day
    Armored Mage (Light)

Spells known:
       0 - Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
       1 - Magic Weapon, Ray of Enfeelbement

Wizard
    Abjuration specialist (lose Enchantment and Illusion)
    Familiar - Raven, speaks Common

Spells known:
       0 - All
       1 - Comprehend Languages, Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield

Gear:

Elven Courtblade          150
Longbow                    75
Everburning Torch         110
40 arrows                   2
Backpack                    2
Bedroll                     0.1
Chalk x10                   0.1
Fishhook                    0.1
Flint and steel             1
Inkvial x2                 16
Inkpen                      0.1
Mirror                     10
3 Belt pouches              3
Rations x10                 5
100' Silk rope             20
Tent                       10
Whetstone                   0.02
Spell component pouch       5
3 Spellbooks               45
Cold weather outfit         8
Explorer's outfit          10
Traveler's outfit           5

Gold: 22.6gp

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 18, 2014

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Alator

Background:

Journal.

It appears that I must once more start this document anew, now that present circumstances give me time to heal, far enough away that my foes cannot find me. For the sake of posterity, if nothing else, I feel that I should begin with the events that lead to my own downfall, and left me this ragged shell, a mere echo of my former glory and power, washed up like so many wretches like detritus upon the beaches of this human city.

A month ago, I was Alator the Wise - an exile from my own race, a sage of no small renown, a constant student of the natures of the mortal races and one of the masters of the arts of Psychometabolism. This is my tale, such as I remember in my meagre and damaged state, of how I fell.

As I did for so many days, I was working in my hidden laboratory when it happened. Magister Keldoren, an archmagi of some note, had asked me to examine his notes for a curious device that required psionic components alongside the arcane ones. Then, if I might borrow a phrase from a poet I saw at the Baron’s court, some months ago, “my world began to burn” when my own kin sought to end my life.

You see, a great many years ago, I was bidden by my home’s elder brain - long dead now, slain in wars with the Duergar years ago, along with the rest of that den of malice - to study and learn about the surface races. And drawing upon my powers, I changed myself and hid amongst them, taking many roles over the years before I realized that perhaps they were not so inferior after all. Perhaps it was simply the length of time away from the Elder Brain, I do not know, but regardless, one day I ceased to be a spy and became an exile.

Sadly, my kin could not stand to have one of us free of the control of the Elder Brains, and they have long sought to end me over the years, but this attempt was the most aggressive yet. Two score of them began with a lightning assault, a barrage of dispulsion and inferno manifestations to strip away my extensive defenses - and burn the extensive library that I had made my life’s work - hundreds of tomes of lore, studies of human nature, lost! Even now, I am still outraged at this loss.

But alas, that was merely the first stage of their attack - the next was far more insidious. You see, in a one-on-one competition, none of my kin, save perhaps an Ulitharid or an old Alhoon, could challenge me at the height of my power, at least in the arena of the mind. But thirty?

I was outmatched, overwhelmingly so, and they meant to break my mind and will in the very moments where the blazing building sought to consume my flesh. Seconds left, I gathered the very last of my power and cast myself to the Astral, to the whims of Boccob and Zuoken, in a faint hope for salvation.

And I ended up here, in a city upon the sea, as a wretch - but I live, and I shall do as the humans - the great survivors - do and rebuild.

Alator posted:

pre:
True Neutral Illithid Psion(Egoist) 1//Mind Flayer(Racial Class) 1

Str:	10/+0
Dex:	13/+1
Con:	12/+1
Int:	20/+5		(18+2[race])
Wis:	11/+0
Cha:	10/+0

Point Buy(32): 10, 13, 12, 18, 11, 10

--Statistics:
Experience: 0
Speed: 30ft
Size/Type: Medium Aberration
Init Mod: +3 = +1(dex)+2(psicrystal)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Undercommon

--Offenses:
BAB: +0

Tentacle +0
	1d4+0
Light Crossbow +1
	1d8+0

Misc:

--Defenses:
HP: 9/9
HD: 8 + (1x1)

AC:
Base:		14 = 10+2(armour)+1(natural armour)+1(dex)
Flatfoot:	13 = 14(base)-1(dex)
Touch:		11 = 13(base)-2(armour)-1(natural armour)

Fort: +1	= +0(base) +1(con)
Refl: +1	= +0(base) +1(dex)
Will: +2	= +2(base)

Misc:

--Skills
>Bluff(Cha): 			+4 = 4(ranks)
>Concentration(Con): 		+5 = 4(ranks) +1(con)
>Knowledge(Arcana)(Int): 	+9 = 4(ranks) +5(int)
>Knowledge(History)(Int):	+7 = +5(int) +2(academy graduate)
>K(Nobility&Royalty)(Int):	+7 = +5(int) +2(academy graduate)
>Knowledge(Psionics)(Int):	+9 = 4(ranks) +5(int)
>Listen(Wis): 			+6 = 4(ranks) +2(psicrystal:alertness)
>Psicraft(Int): 		+9 = 4(ranks) +5(int)
>Spot(Wis): 			+6 = 4(ranks) +2(psicrystal:alertness)

Misc:
Psicrystal:Alertness - When Psicrystal is within Reach: +2 Listen/Spot.
--Feats & Features:
>Darkvision 60ft [Mind Flayer]
>Natural Armour +1 [Mind Flayer]
>Racial Bonuses [Mind Flayer]: +2 Int
>Tentacles x2 (1d4) [Mind Flayer]

>Change Shape [Egoist ACF]: Full Round Action: Alter appearance as though using disguise self (body only, not possessions).Not illusion, but minor physical alteration of features. Use at will, permanent until changed again. Reverts to natural form when killed. True seeing reveals. When using to create a disguise: +10 circumstance bonus.
>Discipline: Egoist [Psion]
>Manifesting: ML1, 3 Powers Known [Psion]
>Power Point Reserve: 2 [Psion]

>Proficiencies: Psion: Club, Dagger, Heavy Crossbow, Light Crossbow, Quarterstaff, Shortspear

>Psicrystal Affinity[Feat:1st]
>Academy Graduate[Feat:District]: Spellcraft, Use Magic Device and Use Psionic Device are always class skills. +2 to Knowledge(History) & Knowledge(Nobility and Royalty). May use K(History) and K(Nobility and Royalty) untrained.

--Abilities:
Change Shape (Su): Full Round: At Will

-Psionic Powers:
PP: 4/4

PP/Day: 4 = 2(class) + 2 (int)
Powers:
1: Detect Psionics (SRD); Psionic Grease (SRD); Vigor (SRD)

--Gear:
12gp, 9sp
-
Dagger (1d4P/S, 19-20/x2, 10ft Range) - 1lb
Light Crossbow (1d8P, 19-20/x2, 80ft Range) - 4lbs
50 Bolts - 5lbs

Leather Armour (2AC, +6MaxDex, -0ACP) - 15lbs

Backpack - 2lbs
Journal - 3lbs
Everburning Torch - 1lb
Ink & Inkpen

Alator's Psicrystal posted:

--Psicrystal
Str 1, Dex 15, Con -, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 10
Diminutive Construct
AC 16 (+4 size +2 dex), Touch 16, flat-foot 14
Fort +1, Refl +1, Will +2 (from Alator)

Skills: Climb +10 (0ranks); Move Silently +6 (4ranks); Search +2 (4ranks) plus Bluff +4; Concetration +4; K(Arcana) +2; K(Psionics) +2; Listen +4; Psicraft +2; Spot +4 from Alator

Inherent Qualities:
Construct Traits: Immune: Ability Damage, Ability Drain, Critical Hits, Death Effects, Disease, Energy Drain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, non-object/harmless Fortitude save effects, Mind-affecting, Nonlethal Damage, Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, Stunning. Cannot heal but can be repaired.
Psicrystal Climbing: Use Dex for Climb checks, +8 Climb [racial], always take 10 for Climb.

Psicrystal Special Abilities:
Alertness (Ex): When within reach of Alator, Alator gains the Alertness feat.
Improved Evasion (Ex) If subject to attack that allows Refl save for half, take 0 on success or half on failure.
Personality (Nimble) (Ex): Alator gains: +2 to Initiative.
Self-Propulsion (Su): Alator Standard Action: Psicrystal gains 30ft Speed/20ft Climb. Fades after 1day or sooner (if desired).
Share Powers (Su): At Alator’s choice, share powers manifested within psicrystal (if within 5ft). If duration >instantaneous, power ceases if psicrystal moves >5ft away. Alator can manifest “You” target powers on psicrystal as touch range. Cannot share powers that do not affect constructs.
Sighted (Ex): Can sense environment as well as normal creature. Darkness (even Supernatural) irrelevant. Can’t detect invisible/ethereal. Range: 40ft.
Telepathic Link (Su): Link between Alator & psicrystal, range: 1mile. Communicate as if psicrystal were target of mindlink power.

Source List:
Savage Species: Mind Flayer Racial Class
The Mind’s Eye (Expanded Classes, Part Two): Change Shape ACF (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070314a)

ChrisAsmadi fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 24, 2014

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Callie Sutton

Callie has always dreamed of dragons, ever since she was a little girl. Great ones, huge and majestic, and little ones, curling and skittering. When she didn't dream she doodled, filling page after page with sketches of dragons doing all sorts of things. It's been a bit of an obsession, really. Her parents hoped that packing her off to one of the most prestigious schools in the district would help cure her of that.

It didn't.

See, Callie has a theory. Everyone knows dragons can turn into humans, or elves, or whatever, right? So shouldn't it be possible for a human to turn into a dragon, and just go the other way? This shouldn't work. It really shouldn't work. But the strange part is that it does seem to actually be working. Whatever inbuilt magical talent Callie has is working to fulfill her goal, and she is changing into something different. For example, most humans can't spew flames almost thirty feet out of their mouth and wrap them around the legs of a gang of thieves trying to escape from some chasing guards. Or form giant glowing symbols of power that seem to protect her. Or speak what she's pretty sure is draconic, because it definitely sounds silibanty enough, although she's a little worried that she might have just made that language up in her head.

Still, though, she's made progress and Callie is ecstatic. She always knew she could do it, and now she is! She's gonna be the dragon she always knew she could be.

pre:
Callie Sutton
Dragonfire Adept 1 | Totemist 1

Strength 	08	(-1)
Dexterity 	14	(+2)
Constitution 	18	(+4)
Intelligence 	10	(+0)
Wisdom 		10	(+0)
Charisma 	14	(+2)

Total Hit Points:
14 = 8 [d8 HD] + 4 [CON] + 1 [Dragontouched] + 1 [Totem Avatar Meld]

Defenses
Armor Class: 17 = 10 +2 [Dexterity] +3 [Studded Leather Armor] +1 [Shield] +1 [Totem Avatar 1 Ess]
	Flat-footed: 15
Resist 3 acid/electricity/fire/cold [Dragon Mantle 1 Ess]

Initiative:	+2	= 2 [Dexterity]
Fortitude save:	+6	= 2 [Base] +4 [Constitution] +2 [Dragon Mantle Shaped]
Reflex save:	+4	= 2 [Base] +2 [Dexterity]
Will save:	+2  	= 2 [Base] +0 [Wisdom]

Attacks
Quarterstaff	-3	1d6-1 (x2 crit)
Sling		+2	1d4-1 (x2 crit)
Fire Breath	n/a	1d6 in 15' cone or 30' line, Refl save for half

Breath Save DC: 16 = 10 + 0 [1/2 Class] + 4 [Con] +2 [Ability Focus]

Languages:	Common, Draconic

Feats
Flaw:	Noncombatant
	-2 to melee attack rolls

FlawFt:	Ability Focus (Breath Weapon)
	Increase the saving throw DC of your breath weapon attack by +2.

Dstrct:	Academy Graduate
	Pick any three Charisma or Intelligence-based skills. These three skills are always considered class
	skills for you.
	In addition, you gain a +2 bonus on Knowledge (History) and Knowledge (Nobility) checks, and can use 
	these skills untrained.

Azurin:	Power Surge (Breath Weapon)
	You can apply any of the following improvements to this ability:
	1) Increase the save DC to resist the effect by +1.
	2) Increase the damage dealt by +1 per die.
	3) Increase the duration of the effect by 50% (not applicable to instantenous duration)
	After using this feat, you have to wait 1 round to use this attack again.

DFA L1:	Dragontouched
	You gain the dragonblooded subtype. You gain 1 hit point, a +1 bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks,
	and a +1 bonus on saving throws vs. paralysis and sleep. You can also select draconic feats as if you
	were a sorceror of your character level.

1:	Entangling Exhalation
	When you use your breath weapon, you can deal half damage and entangle all targets. Entangled targets
	take an extra 1d6 points of damage each round at the start of your turn. This effect lasts for 1d4 rounds.
	If the breath weapon doesn't deal energy damage, creatures are still entangled but don't take bonus
	damage.

Skills
Skill		Stat	Ranks	Other	Total	
Bluff*		CHA+2	4		6
Climb*		STR-1	0	-2	-3 	[Armor Check Penalty -2]
Concentration*	CON+4	0		4
Diplomacy*	CHA+2	4	+2	8	[Mwk Clothing +2]
Handle Animal*	CHA+2	0		2
Intimidate*	CHA+2	4		6
Jump*		STR-1	0	-2	-3	[Armor Check Penalty -2]
Know(Nobility)*	INT+0	0	+2	2	[Academy Graduate +2]
Know(History)*	INT+0	0	+2	2	[Academy Graduate +2]
Listen*		WIS+0	0	+1	1	[Dragontouched +1]
Search*		INT+0	0	+1	1	[Dragontouched +1]
Sense Motive*	WIS+0	0		0
Spot*		WIS+0	0	+1	1	[Dragontouched +1]
Survival*	WIS+0	0		0
Swim*		STR-1	0	-2	-3	[Armor Check Penalty -2]
UseMagicDevice*	CHA+2	4		6
* on the skill name marks a class skill, * in the rank column marks double-cost ranks

Features
Azurin:
	Base land speed of 30'
	1 extra feat
	One extra essentia point

Dragonfire Adept:
	Invocations: Gain spell-like abilities. Saving throw DC is 10 + Equiv Spell Level + CHA modifier.
	Breath Weapon (Su): Gain a breath weapon that you can use at-will as a standard action. Each time 
	you use the breath weapon, choose whether it takes the form of a 15' cone or 30' line. The breath
	weapon deals 1d6 points of fire damage, and a successful reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Class Level + CON)
	halves the damage. You are immune to the effect of your own breath weapon.
	Dragontouched: At 1st level, gain Dragontouched as a bonus feat.

Totemist:
	Meldshaping: You can shape and meld any soulmeld available to Totemists. The DC for saving throws
	against soulmelds is 10 + number of essentia points invested + Con modifier. Can only shape two 
	soulmelds per day.
	Essentia: Your personal pool of essentia is a resource that can be invested into soulmelds to increase
	their power.
	Wild Empathy: Can perform Wild Empathy checks to influence animals as with Diplomacy.

Invocations
Endure Exposure:
	With a touch, you grant a creature (or yourself) the ability to withstand temperatures between -50 and
	140* without having to make fortitude saves. The creature is also immune to the effects of your breath
	weapon.

Soulmelds
Dragon Mantle:
	You draw on the incarnum of the mightiest dragon to increase your resilience. You gain a +2 enhancement
	bonus on Fortitude saves.
	Essentia: You gain resistance to acid, electricity, fire and cold equal to 3x the number of points invested
	in this soulmeld. If you have resistance to any of these energy types from another source, it stacks with 
	the resistance granted.

Totem Avatar:
	You gain bonus hit points equal to your meldshaper level.
	Essentia: You gain an enhancement bonus to your natural armor equal to the number of points you invest in
	Totem Avatar.

Note that any soulmeld can be shaped on any day; this is just Callie's current lineup.

Gear
Studded Leather (+3 AC, -1 ACP, 15% ASF) - 25gp
Wooden Shield (+1 AC, -1 ACP, 5% ASF) - 3gp
Quarterstaff (1d6, x2 crit) - 0gp
Masterwork Courtier's Clothes (+2 Diplomacy checks) - 80gp
Backpack - 2gp
Rope, Hempen - 1gp
Sling - 0gp
Sling Bullets x 20 - 2gp
Oil flask x 10 - 1gp
86gp
E: Edited slightly to fit party composition.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 24, 2014

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
You should all pop into #savagetide on SynIRC so I can ask some questions!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Hey Vicissitude and LordKoth, you guys both look to be going for Abjurant Champion. However, gestalt doesn't allow classes that are essentially class combinations like Abjurant Champion.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

To be fair, Nova said go nuts. I'd like to get a ruling on that one.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Natasha Krystelle

Natasha moved to Sasserine early in her life, after she got separated from the rest of her clan blown out to sea during a hurricane before she was practiced with her wings, she was picked up by a passing merchant ship headed for Sasserine. Once there, she was at a loss for how to pay for food, lodging, all of the things which she had never had to worry about before, however before long her talent at weaving living baskets from flowers and local plants was noticed by the proprietor of the Dancing Monkey, and she was offered a job weaving baskets for parties as unique party favors and decorations. She works there to one day have the money to travel back to the area she was found and find her clan.

After a recent incident wherein Natasha managed to foil the kidnapping of a merchant's daughter while on flower delivery. The kidnappers attempted to kidnap the youngest heir by hijacking the delivery cart for the flowers to disguise their exit. They didn't notice the 17 inch tall Natasha in the back. She fried their faces off from the shadows and drove the terrified girl back home to quite a handsome reward, and a significant increase in commissions.

Now Natasha is hungering for more adventure, as it will provide the most likely avenue to finding the island she originally came from, and the adrenaline of the fight is addicting to a fae so young.

pre:
Petal 1 / Warlock 1
Neutral Good
Tiny Size

Strength 	4	(-3)
Dexterity 	24	(+7)
Constitution 	12	(+1)
Intelligence 	20	(+5)
Wisdom 		8	(-1)
Charisma 	20	(+5)

Total Hit Points: 7

Speed: 15 feet, 30' Fly (good)

Armor Class: 20 = 10 +7 [dexterity] +1 [armor] +2 [size]

Touch AC: 19

Initiative modifier:	+11	= +7 [dexterity] +4 Improved Initiative
Fortitude save:		+1	= 0 [base] +1 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+7	= 0 [base] +7 [dexterity] 
Will save:		+1	= 2 [base] -1 [wisdom]
Attack (missile):	+9	= 0 [base] +7 [dexterity] +2 size

Languages:	Base: Common, Sylvan Bonus: Draconic, Infernal, Ignan, Aquan, Terran

Feats:
      Improved Initiative [Level 1]
      Merchant's Tongue [Regional Bonus]
      Weapon Finesse [Racial Bonus]

Class Skills: Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Disguise
(Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana)
(Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion)
(Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int),
and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Skill		Total	Att	Ranks	Misc
Bluff   	Cha     9 = 	+5	+4      
Diplomacy       Cha     9 =     +5      +4      	
Craft(Basketweaving)Int	7 =	+5	+2
Craft (Flower Arranging)Int	7 =	+5	+2		
Know (Arcana)	Int 	9 = 	+5	+4
Know (Planes)	Int	9 =	+5	+4
Psi/spellcraft	Int	9 =	+5	+4
Use P/M Device	Cha	9 =	+5	+4

Warlock:
    Eldritch Blast 1d6
    Invocation: Least: Baleful Utterance

Petal (racial class):
    Weapon Finesse, Low-light Vision, Land speed 15, fly speed 30' (good), -8 Str, +10 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Int, +4 Cha

Gear: Load	Light	Med	Heavy	
	6.5lbs	13lbs	20lbs	

Equipment (all tiny sized)	Benefit	                           Weight (lbs)	Cost (gp)	
Tiny Chitin Armor	        AC +1, Max Dex +7, ACP-1, ASF 5%       1	    10	
Bandoleer, Masterwork (2)	12 item pockets 	               0.5	    10	
String	50'                     no weight		                            0.1	
Eggshell Granade, Dust	        no weight                                           20	
Fish Hookx2	                no weight		                            0.2	
Flint &Steel		                                               0.5	    1	
Blessed Bandage	                Auto-stabilize a dying creature		            10	
Potion Belt	                holds 6 potions 1/rnd free action      0.5	    1	
Everfull Mug	                Drink 3x/day		                            200	
Needle x2			                                                    1	
Trail Bar x4 (tiny)	        each provides 24 hrs of sustenance     0.4	    4	
Angel Radiance	                as everburning torch, spell component		    20	
Potion of Cure Light Wounds	2x		                                    100	
Potion of Lesser Vigor	2x		                                            100	
		Weight(total)	Cost(Total)	Current GP
		2.9	        477.3	        22.7

Natasha is planning to stay straight warlock on one side, with a dip for Hellfire Warlock at 10-12. The other side, after finishing the 2 levels of Petal, will be Scout 3, then Rogue1-14 with Swift Ambusher at level 6 to stack the skirmish progression to be a backup skill-monkey and moderate damage dealer. There will be one break on that side at level 10 to take a level of Binder for more diplomacy buffs and ability damage healing with Naberius to counteract Hellfire Warlock.

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 23, 2014

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Still making a druid/bard. Just have to finish him up, which will probably happen tonight.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Galaeron

Though he considers himself a recent arrival to Sasserine, many in the Sunrise district regard Galaeron as a long-standing fixture of the community. Having arrived ten years previously from the Duchy of Ulek as an apprentice Nature Guard of Ehlonna's church, his journeyman assignment was, and continues to be, to keep track of any significant geological changes due to proximity to the Hellfurnaces. Divinations have showed that volcanic activity shouldn't threaten major livable areas for several decades yet, but it never hurts to keep watch - and makes a good junior assignment for a younger member. This mission unsurprisingly does not take up too much of his time, so he's spent most of the years setting up a small shrine to Ehlonna just outside the outskirts of the city, as well as providing care and treatment to those requesting it to both the residents of Sunrise, as well as the various livestock operated by plantations in the area - and their owners when required.

Recently though he's noticed an unusual surge of geological activity around the Hellfurnaces - something that could endanger the surrounding area if it continues. As the current level is almost certainly unnatural, he's begun investigating possible sources, as well as potential sources of backing for a more in-depth investigation. Having assisted the Vanderborens before at some of their more far ranging plantations around the city, he's confident he can at least get an audience. Besides, if he's asking for their help bringing in experts to take a closer look, it's only fair that he helps them with their own problems

pre:
Name: Galaeron
Wood Elf Cloistered Cleric 1//Paladin of Freedom 1
Chaotic Good
Deity: Ehlonna

Str 14(+2)
Dex 13(+1)
Con 12(+1)
Int 10(+0)
Wis 17(+3)
Cha 10(+0)

Speed: 40 feet

Armor Class: 14 = 10 + 1[Dex] + 4[Armor] -1[misc]
      Touch: 10

Init: +1 = + 1[Dex]

Saves
Fort: +3 = 2[Base] + 2[Con]
Refl: +1 = 0[Base] + 1[Dex]
Will: +5 = 2[Base] + 3[Wis]
 +2 bonus on Fort saves to resist special attacks from plant creatures
 +2 bonus against enchantment spells or effects

Melee:   +3 = 1[BAB] + 2[Str]
Range:   +4 = 1[BAB] + 3[Wis]
Grapple: +3 = 1[BAB] + 2[Str]

Languages: Common, Elven

Feats:
   1st: Zen Archery
  Flaw: Precise Shot
Domain: Knowledge Devotion
Domain: Point Blank Shot
Region: Student of Nature

Skills:                        Stat    Ranks    Misc.
Bluff 		Cha     0 = 	+0	+0 
Concentration 	Con 	5 = 	+1	+4 
Decipher Script	Int 	0 = 	+0	+0	
Diplomacy	Cha     0 = 	+0	+0 
Handle Animal   Cha     5 =     +0      +4      +1[Feat]
Heal            Wis     3 =     +3      +0
Knowledge
-Arcana		Int     1 = 	+0	+1
-Nature         Int     2 =     +0      +1      +1[Feat]
-Religion	Int     4 = 	+0	+4
-Planes		Int     3 = 	+0	+3

Listen          Wis     5 =     +3      +0      +2[Race]
Ride		Dex     5 = 	+1	+4
Sense Motive    Wis     3 = 	+3	+0 
Speak Language  --      - -     --      --
Spot            Wis     5 =     +3      +0      +2[Race]
Spellcraft	Int     0 = 	+0	+0
Survival	Wis     6 = 	+3	+2      +1[Feat]

Domains Taken:
-Knowledge Subbed for Devotion feat
-Elf
-Celerity

Wood Elf:
  Humanoid(Elf)
  +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int
  Low Light Vision
  Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
  +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice
     it as if she were actively looking for it.

Cloistered Cleric:
  Turn Undead 3/day

Paladin of Freedom:
  Aura of Good
  Detect Evil - at will
  Ranged Smite Evil 1/day(Elven Paladin Substitution level)

Flaw: 
 Vulnerable: -1 to AC

Gear:
Chain Shirt
Longbow
Arrows x 60
Longsword
Holy Symbol

6 gp

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 23, 2014

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Go ahead and finish everything up soon, I'll be making picks in a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

NovaLion posted:

Go ahead and finish everything up soon, I'll be making picks in a few hours.

I will be posting my items as soon as i get home tonight, don't have access to the spreadsheet here. Only super relevant items is armor that gives +1 AC and a couple healing potions.

• Locked thread