Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We seem to have a blend of FYAD lite and gray forum rules so in the end that's something that you guys will have to decide on...

But a reverse gas chamber challenge sounds like fun so we can at least try it out.

Arguments against gray forum:

Much looser moderation than Games

Not everything is a Mega thread like games (even though in Games' rules thread it says that "megathreads are bad" lol)

Different style sheet

Arguments for gray:
Stricter rules than other FYAD lites

Gray posting background like other gray forums

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

for real though i dont see a particular reason why the various fyad-lites and similar cant be nominated as a thread recipient

I think sending a thread to YOSPOS might be different than sending it straight to SH/SC though (one place is much more used to generally nice/courteous posting) and that might be the crux of the Gas Chamber Challenge. That's Ralp's deal though so I could be wrong.

The problem I see here is that Games is basically only populated with Megathreads; a gas chamber challenge wouldn't really fit there unless it's "[INSERT GAME] MEGATHREAD [INSERT CRAPPY TITLE]". If people want to discuss gaming without megathreads they come here, I've noticed, so maybe a gas chamber challenge would be better suited here.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Is it fascism yet posted:

no bc its a BYOB-lite

:stonk:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mung Dynasty posted:

actually dont

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adbot