Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Gif that diverticulitis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
:siren: DIVERTICULITIS IS LIKE A STORM RAGING INSIDE YOU :siren:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Did they air this on Raw at all? Or are they just showing this amazing package to people who already paid them....?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ishin posted:

Did they air this on Raw at all? Or are they just showing this amazing package to people who already paid them....?

clips of it were used for that cena/lesnar video they've shown a couple times, but yes this is just for the paying customer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How was Raw? I stopped watching to go watch Hook.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
It was nice to see the announcers and talent going full in on this 9.99 thing. It's transcended shilling and is moving into an industry meme.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

How was Raw? I stopped watching to go watch Hook.

some good some bad. Very lame go home segment for the PPV but the rest of the build was so good that I don't really care

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Xenoletum posted:

It was nice to see the announcers and talent going full in on this 9.99 thing. It's transcended shilling and is moving into an industry meme.

I counted at least 3 9.99 signs, including "NWO for 9.99".

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
holy poo poo, Paul Heyman is amazing

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't vote for Lesnar in the God elections.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Also I don't care how old or what their demons are, I still lost it for Scott hall and Kevin Nash.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

some good some bad. Very lame go home segment for the PPV but the rest of the build was so good that I don't really care

Agree. Also this hype special is beyond great. They should've aired more of this on Raw.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Agree. Also this hype special is beyond great. They should've aired more of this on Raw.

I like that everything good on the network is decried for not getting shown on TV while people continue to complain the network not having enough original content

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

brock lesnar swears a lot

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

This thing they're showing on the network is probably the best build to anything they've had in a while

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WHO HAS JOHN CENA EVER BEAT

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
John Cena does not work for money

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Speedboat Jones posted:

I didn't vote for Lesnar in the God elections.

Jesus was crazy over until the authority depushed and buried him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is the best build since HBK/Taker II

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

I seriously NEED to see this loving match.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

I wish they did more of this serious, deadpan, quiet kind of MMA-ish build for big matches.

(edit): ahahaha I think they cut the "of his OWN" part from that last bit when they showed it on RAW

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I wish they did more of this serious, deadpan, quiet kind of MMA-ish build for big matches.

They rarely have something that deserves this kind of special attention which is the bigger issues. I'm not asking for year round marquee matches but really trying to make a couple shows a year feel special isn't too much to ask!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"Blood, urine, and vomit. Of his own."

I didn't realize just how important that clarification is until he actually said it.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Though the idea of Brock Lesnar pissing all over Cena is terrifying in its own way.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Blast Fantasto posted:

Though the idea of Brock Lesnar pissing all over Cena is terrifying in its own way.

And then vomiting on him. Just out of spite.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
If you are not hype for Cena/Lesnar, wwe isn't for you

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That special went a long way for me toward rebuilding what they ruined tonight with that fart ending and Cena's default angry promo.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

That special went a long way for me toward rebuilding what they ruined tonight with that fart ending and Cena's default angry promo.

And hey, probably next to one saw it.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I seriously NEED to see this loving match.

Well guess what, SamuraiFoochs, you can! For just $9.99 a month the WWE Network broadcasts every WWE Pay Per View live, including Wrestlemania and Summerslam where John Cena will defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against The one in twenty one and one who conquered the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania, Paul Heyman's Client Brock Lesnar!! Yes, WWE Network's massive VOD library not only includes future pay-per-views but also every pay-per-view ever is available for only $9.99, but did you know there's also a huge catalog of classic Raw and SmackDown episodes, as well as an extensive Vault section? Not to mention that on August 12, the WWE Network expands to 120 countries! WWE Network it's WAY over the top, but under $10!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cena's angry default promo had done dog whistle words suggesting he turn heel and a few quasi-shoot comments to spice it up. I liked it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

mkay0 posted:

Cena's angry default promo had done dog whistle words suggesting he turn heel and a few quasi-shoot comments to spice it up. I liked it.

Eh, it was veering into the GOLDBERG'S NOT FOLLOWING THE SCRIPT territory a little to me once he started talking about turning and not letting Brock take the title from him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

Eh, it was veering into the GOLDBERG'S NOT FOLLOWING THE SCRIPT territory a little to me once he started talking about turning and not letting Brock take the title from him.

Yeah it was very Russo-esque. No one believes for a second Cena will even flirt with a heel turn, especially against Brock "I'm going to leave him in a pile of blood, and urine, and vomit...of his own." Lesnar.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Luigi Thirty posted:

What? I don't think anyone could read that as 'Cena's saying he might shoot on Brock to win', he's saying, in character, that he's prepared to cross any and all moral lines to win the match because the stakes are just that high, and he truly believes a guy like Brock shouldn't be champion under any circumstances.

I know he's on people's minds a lot but calling this russo-esque is silly because this isn't close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He was literally going "I know you all want me to turn" and "I'm not laying down for Brock". I wouldn't call it Russo-ish, but it was Shawn Michaels-ish during the Clique days. "I lay down for nobody!"

• Locked thread