Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Captain Foo posted:

You should shoot someone

I can't yet. You'll be first on the list when I can, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Why can't we all just get along?

(And then murder the scum when their defenses are down...)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In my short mafia career (busb, since you were asking earlier, this is my fifth game), I have not often found myself in agreement with Juanito but in this case I can agree that after reading so far I don't see a compelling case on anyone so ##vote no-lynch so we can let all the power roles fly.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elephant posted:

I can't yet. You'll be first on the list when I can, though.

Right, now that we've got that established, ##vote kellsterik

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

In my short mafia career (busb, since you were asking earlier, this is my fifth game), I have not often found myself in agreement with Juanito but in this case I can agree that after reading so far I don't see a compelling case on anyone so ##vote no-lynch so we can let all the power roles fly.

Oh, I didn't see this, you're either TT in disguise or scum, either way ##vote chaoslorde

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Captain Foo posted:

Oh, I didn't see this, you're either TT in disguise or scum, either way ##vote chaoslorde

I think that's going to be my first alias. I'm becoming a real mafia player!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I'm fine with a later deadline but I, too, will not be around for the flip because somberbrero is my ride.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

chaoslord posted:

I don't think this is a great idea but I do not think it is a scummy move to suggest it.

Even if we vote no lynch I do not think we should turbo it.

I am aware these are super boring opinions.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Savahontas posted:

I don't think this is a great idea but I do not think it is a scummy move to suggest it.

Even if we vote no lynch I do not think we should turbo it.

I am aware these are super boring opinions.

Why would u no lynch

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Captain Foo posted:

Why would u no lynch
Because everybody loves rolls

:goonsay:

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Captain Foo posted:

Why would u no lynch

I wouldn't, but I can see the reasoning behind everybody wanting to get to night phase ASAP.

Can we talk about ##vote Strong Mouse and his awkward cheerleading?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So many super quiet people. I'm bored, let's talk.

Hi Yuming,

What's up?

:sun:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

With only 3 and a half pages in and a day and a half til deadline there's not a lot of real content yet. Also none of the joke votes were good enough that I was like "yeah I want to get in on that." Plus I'm not clever enough to come up with my own joke vote so I wanted to try something different, a no lynch vote. I'm indifferent on if turboing it or not is the right option but I won't lie that I'm super excited to have a power role to use.

OP doesn't clarify anything about this, is it plurality lynch if we don't reach a majority, or should we assume since nothing is said that it's a majority or nothing?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No lynch is stupid. Let's not do that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

OP doesn't clarify anything about this, is it plurality lynch if we don't reach a majority, or should we assume since nothing is said that it's a majority or nothing?

If there is no majority vote by the end of the day, a no-lynch will occur.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

chaoslord posted:

With only 3 and a half pages in and a day and a half til deadline there's not a lot of real content yet. Also none of the joke votes were good enough that I was like "yeah I want to get in on that." Plus I'm not clever enough to come up with my own joke vote so I wanted to try something different, a no lynch vote. I'm indifferent on if turboing it or not is the right option but I won't lie that I'm super excited to have a power role to use.

I like you, let's be friends.

How do you feel about the strong mouse?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Savahontas posted:

I like you, let's be friends.

How do you feel about the strong mouse?

I accept this offer of friendship.

It is his first game so I won't vote him today but I could see myself voting for him on a future day for sure.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

chaoslord posted:

It is his first game so I won't vote him today but I could see myself voting for him on a future day for sure.

AW, okay.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Savahontas posted:

I wouldn't, but I can see the reasoning behind everybody wanting to get to night phase ASAP.

Even with the prs everywhere a no Lynch and especially a turbo NL helps none but scum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

Pointing out there is no content doesn't really help the situation hoss

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Savahontas posted:

I don't see any awkward cheer leading or at least nothing out of the ordinary for early d1

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Captain Foo posted:

Even with the prs everywhere a no Lynch and especially a turbo NL helps none but scum

This is a good point, although I feel it could be said about most turbos or joke votes ##unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Captain Foo posted:

Pointing out there is no content doesn't really help the situation hoss

Pointing out that I pointed out there is no content doesn't help much, either.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I think Chaoslord is acting scummy.

chaoslord posted:

Voting for a no-lynch on day 1 isn't particularly evil, but power roles flying around hurts the town more than it helps.

chaoslord posted:

This whole section of this post seems hyper-defensive to me.

chaoslord posted:

Right here he (she?) uses weasel language to excuse not having to make a decision, a classic scum tactic.

All of Chaoslord's scummy actions also signal that someone's a newbie, and by his (her?) own admission this is his (her?) fifth game of mafia on Something Awful. With nothing stronger to go on, and this being a decent case for a day one lynch as far as I'm concerned, I will ##vote chaoslord for now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

This is a good point, although I feel it could be said about most turbos or joke votes ##unvote

Lookit u running scared

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm a he for what its worth. Phone posting, will try to think of a way to reply that wont come off as giving you a reason to justify your vote but if you thought that was hyper defensive I'm gonna have a hard time swaying you.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Elephant posted:

I think Chaoslord is acting scummy.

Voting for a no-lynch on day 1 isn't particularly evil, but power roles flying around hurts the town more than it helps.

This whole section of this post seems hyper-defensive to me.

Right here he (she?) uses weasel language to excuse not having to make a decision, a classic scum tactic.

All of Chaoslord's scummy actions also signal that someone's a newbie, and by his (her?) own admission this is his (her?) fifth game of mafia on Something Awful. With nothing stronger to go on, and this being a decent case for a day one lynch as far as I'm concerned, I will ##vote chaoslord for now.

I totally see what you're getting at. His phrasing is definitely odd and the excuses for not throwing down a vote is like, textbook scummy - but I think it's also pretty reasonable for page 4. I think he's being fairly transparent and it's coming off strange.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
To clarify - when I say 'textbook scummy' I mean out of context it's like "this what a scum might do." Sort of...too scummy...to be scum, if you feel me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

King Burgundy posted:

So many super quiet people. I'm bored, let's talk.

Hi Yuming,

What's up?

:sun:
Hi :sun:

I'm probably leaving soon. I am gonna read some words in this thread!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

Hello everyone I am confirming that I'm here with a power role. It is cool + good. I have a game with a deadline tonight and ~fencing practice~ so I probably won't be back until late tonight or tomorrow during work okay bye.

PS Don't lynch the newbie day 1 that would make me very sad
This post feels town to me.

Specifically the "please don't lynch me I'm a new player~" because chaos sounds legit in his excitement about the game.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Wait he doesn't mean him! I still think he sounds more town than not.

I don't like the way Asiina jumped to correct him. Looks antsy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

tearshed posted:

I have ##vote yuming :sun:

Are you serious. Somber, please push deadline another 4 hours at least! It's mafia tradition, if anything, to have deadline around evening EST (8~10pm)
Rude <:mad:>

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Elephant posted:

13 is an unlucky number, so ##vote yuming unlucky number 13.

My gut's telling me to ##vote Elephant. You gotta listen to the mysterious gurgling of your gut.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

I called out Strong Mouse hoping it would get him to post more. I know it can be hard to get into games at first.
I like this it feels town.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kellsterik posted:

I have never played on SA, but I have played in person. "Nothing Fancy" is my motto, and have fun.
I like the new players.

Welcome guys come and stay and play lots of games! And yes follow your ~gut feelings~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

Such a town!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

It's not your first game, you are no longer a newbie.

##vote chaoslord

Welcome to real mafia.
The antsy feeling here: "I need to vote vote a thing!" Is the best tell I see.

My vote is a real vote now ##vote Asiina

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Thanks for answering my question chaoslorde!

I have a gut awkward reaction to chaos and Savahontas' conversation on this page. Reads like masons or scum trying to distance themselves.
I disagree with basically all of yuming's reads~

It seems pretty obvious that Elephants power has some correlation between saying a number a certain amount or luck or something. I take it some sort of numeromancer.

I hate numbers and maths so i'm gonna vote that guy ##vote Elephant

Also i can't tell how many posts people have made in this thread Radium!!! :argh:

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Kellsterik posted:

My gut's telling me to ##vote Elephant. You gotta listen to the mysterious gurgling of your gut.

Do you, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kellsterik posted:

This isn't a good vote at this point bro

• Locked thread