Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Elephant (3): Savahontas, busb, Savahontas, Kellsterik, busb, busb, busb, busb, Savahontas
chaoslord (2): Asiina, Captain Foo, Elephant, Captain Foo
Juanito (1): King Burgundy
Lynch No One! (1): Juanito, chaoslord, chaoslord
Captain Foo (1): fiery_valkyrie
yuming (1): Elephant, tearshed, Elephant, Savahontas, Savahontas
Asiina (1): King Burgundy, yuming, King Burgundy, yuming, yuming
busb (1): fiery_valkyrie, Asiina, King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse, fiery_valkyrie
Strong Mouse (0): busb, busb, Savahontas, Savahontas
Kellsterik (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Captain Foo, Asiina, Captain Foo

Not Voting (2): Captain Foo, chaoslord

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at midnight CDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 55 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

On a less ridiculous note, Asiina, Kellsterik, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse (the newbie, right?), and Tearshed haven't posted anything substantial yet. The deadline's in 12 hours.

I'm phone posting, so excuse my lack of effort, but reviewing over the thread I don't like Savahontas changing his vote 4 times in half as many days. He also hasn't posted much in the way of solid content, at least as far as what I saw. And other than his vote on yuming I think all of those votes were the same people busb voted. The last vote on me in particular he basically just quoted busb for his reasoning. ##unvote ##vote Savahontas

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elephant posted:

Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

Easily plausible

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

Scum team is probably yuming, elefante, and fv

Right now, between the two of you, I'd say FV seems less scummy then you. That opinion is very omgusy of you. Having said that, not sure that either of you is scum.

I can possibly see Yuming and Elephant though.

Hey Juanito, are you planning to ride the no lynch thing all the way to deadline?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Elephant posted:

On a less ridiculous note, Asiina, Kellsterik, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse (the newbie, right?), and Tearshed haven't posted anything substantial yet. The deadline's in 12 hours.

Everything I post is substantial. ;)

I totally forgot Asiina was in this game. Where are you Asiina? Do you think Juanito is scum?

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I don't really know what a substantial post is. Should I just start pointing fingers? I mean, some people feel more or less like they are hiding things, and I don't really thing that busb is scum right now, but I don't really know who to vote for.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I guess I should also ##unvote

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

King Burgundy posted:

Right now, between the two of you, I'd say FV seems less scummy then you. That opinion is very omgusy of you. Having said that, not sure that either of you is scum.

Hey Juanito, are you planning to ride the no lynch thing all the way to deadline?
No, not really, just not sure who to vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Everything I post is substantial. ;)

I totally forgot Asiina was in this game. Where are you Asiina? Do you think Juanito is scum?

Not really, no. I also don't think fv's case is that strong.

I do like chaoslord's defense of himself though.

##unvote

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Elephant posted:

I'm phone posting, so excuse my lack of effort, but reviewing over the thread I don't like Savahontas changing his vote 4 times in half as many days. He also hasn't posted much in the way of solid content, at least as far as what I saw. And other than his vote on yuming I think all of those votes were the same people busb voted. The last vote on me in particular he basically just quoted busb for his reasoning. ##unvote ##vote Savahontas

I think this is a bad vote. I can't help if busb is a bro and I agree with him, but the first vote was a joke, and I unvoted chaoslorde because he defended himself. I also unvoted Strong Mouse because I didn't realize this was his first game.

I don't agree with fv's case but I fail to see how it's scummy. Is he twisting words or misrepresenting them? Or just making a weak case?

only vaguely relevant: I am a lady.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I would be OK voting for Asiina, mostly because he's mostly lurking with only 2 content posts... both of which mostly echo the consensus (fv has a bad case, chaoslord is town).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

I don't really know what a substantial post is. Should I just start pointing fingers? I mean, some people feel more or less like they are hiding things, and I don't really thing that busb is scum right now, but I don't really know who to vote for.

Who do you feel like is hiding things

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

It's not my fault that fvs case is flimsy and showed up right after she got called out for not posting, like "oops I better throw together a case"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Savahontas posted:

I would be OK voting for Asiina, mostly because he's mostly lurking with only 2 content posts... both of which mostly echo the consensus (fv has a bad case, chaoslord is town).

How are either of these things consensus?

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Well Asiina hasn't said much, and I actually forgot about them. fv seems to be defensive about how other people are voting. Savahontas has changed votes a lot, but I mainly think that is to see people's reactions. Foo seems to mainly respond to things people say and not really add much of his own unless in response. Juanito is around and hasn't voted at all. chaoslord has posted a bit and people jumped on him, then he explained and people jumped off him, so I don't really know.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Elephant posted:

Yeah it's called bussing and it's not at all an unusual thing to do.

However the fact you even used this as an excuse makes me pause. I would imagine if you were scum then your scum buddies would have told you this and you wouldn't have tried to pass this off as a reason, because honestly you just described the thing scum do most often to distance from each other.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I feel that Foo is trying to push easy votes without putting much substance, or opinion behind his votes.

First he votes a newbie, with no reason given

And then jumps straight onto another newer player, even though Juanito had also voted for a no-lynch.

He then makes a series of snipey posts at chaoslord

And then he unvotes chaoslord when the guy defends himself.

##vote Foo
##vote fiery

This case just bugs me as bad. Go back and read it so you see what's being quoted, and not just fiery's comments. It's just really weak. The worst part is "then he unvotes chaos lord when the guy defends himself."

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Just from everything that I'm seeing, I think elephant and fiery are the most likely scum.

Also, I am the only person in this game without plat... sorry for not having pms. I'm working on it.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Strong Mouse posted:

Well Asiina hasn't said much, and I actually forgot about them. fv seems to be defensive about how other people are voting. Savahontas has changed votes a lot, but I mainly think that is to see people's reactions. Foo seems to mainly respond to things people say and not really add much of his own unless in response. Juanito is around and hasn't voted at all. chaoslord has posted a bit and people jumped on him, then he explained and people jumped off him, so I don't really know.

Just so you know, it is absolutely okay to be wrong. We are all terrible at this game, a bunch of idiots shouting into a void, if you will.

It's a lot harder to find things to shout about if you're quiet, is all.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Asiina posted:

What do you mean? No one likes fv's case. Some people are even voting him.

All you wrote was "I don't think it's that strong."

That reads to me like you're trying to fly under the radar but still post vague content.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Captain Foo posted:

It's not my fault that fvs case is flimsy and showed up right after she got called out for not posting, like "oops I better throw together a case"

Yeah, I didn't really consider the timing here. I thought it was unlikely that a scum would just appear on page 5 and effortpost when we're just getting stared... I didn't consider the call out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Savahontas posted:

What do you mean? No one likes fv's case. Some people are even voting him.

All you wrote was "I don't think it's that strong."

That reads to me like you're trying to fly under the radar but still post vague content.

One person is voting for fv now, which is after I made my post, so what exactly is your point here? Also not everyone thinks it's weak. KB seems to think that fv looks better than Foo.

And I don't think her case is strong. I think it is a weak case. However it's D1 in a slow game so I don't think that having a weak case necessarily equals scum in and of itself.

I don't like the way that yuming has dropped a vote on me for being "antsy" but has said absolutely nothing since. I also think tearshed should post having posted twice since D1 started.

Call it OMGUS if you want, but I'm feeling fine with this ##vote yuming

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

This isn't really true re: my posting

I completely forgot tearshed was in the game :justpost: or you start looking scummy by default, I've seen plenty of scum lurk their way to victory. Not gonna vote lurker over fv or elefante at this point. Would happily lynch either of them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

Has anyone mentioned that they don't buy chaoslorde's explanation post?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also lmao I pushed for the later deadline and I just realized I likely won't be around for it :shobon:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

One person is voting for fv now, which is after I made my post, so what exactly is your point here? Also not everyone thinks it's weak. KB seems to think that fv looks better than Foo.

And I don't think her case is strong. I think it is a weak case. However it's D1 in a slow game so I don't think that having a weak case necessarily equals scum in and of itself.

I don't like the way that yuming has dropped a vote on me for being "antsy" but has said absolutely nothing since. I also think tearshed should post having posted twice since D1 started.

Call it OMGUS if you want, but I'm feeling fine with this ##vote yuming

You think she's scummier than elephant?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So I just reread Tearshed, Yuming, and Elephant. On a reread, my gut feeling on Yuming isn't panning out, so I personally won't be pursuing her today. Elephant reads as scum to me, so I'm willing to vote him.

This in particular looks like flailing to me:

Elephant posted:

Hey guys, ignore my bussing, also, look over here at any of this other long list of names! Surely one of them is scummier, right guys?!?

Captain Foo posted:

I completely forgot tearshed was in the game :justpost: or you start looking scummy by default, I've seen plenty of scum lurk their way to victory. Not gonna vote lurker over fv or elefante at this point. Would happily lynch either of them

But on this I kind of disagree. The game is really small and tearshed goes way beyond lurking thus far. It is bad for town. Also, look at what his two whole posts were since the start of the game:

tearshed posted:

I have ##vote yuming :sun:

Are you serious. Somber, please push deadline another 4 hours at least! It's mafia tradition, if anything, to have deadline around evening EST (8~10pm)

tearshed posted:

For a truly australian mafia, you must to set the deadline for gmt+10 (AEST).

I'm going to hop on Tearshed for now. Come talk to us Tearshed.

##vote Tearshed

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
So we have a little more than 8 hours to vote, right?

I probably won't cast my vote for another few hours, to see how things are going

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Strong Mouse posted:

So we have a little more than 8 hours to vote, right?

I probably won't cast my vote for another few hours, to see how things are going
You can change your vote around.

Obviously you don't have to. But if you vote, it might give people something to talk about or consider? Maybe the person you vote will feel they have to post more and defend themself.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Here I am here I am!

I am OMG so tired but watching Project Runway and have ~40 minutes to catch up on the game.

I'm excited to see we're actually playing now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

So I just reread Tearshed, Yuming, and Elephant. On a reread, my gut feeling on Yuming isn't panning out, so I personally won't be pursuing her today. Elephant reads as scum to me, so I'm willing to vote him.

This in particular looks like flailing to me:

Hey guys, ignore my bussing, also, look over here at any of this other long list of names! Surely one of them is scummier, right guys?!?

But on this I kind of disagree. The game is really small and tearshed goes way beyond lurking thus far. It is bad for town. Also, look at what his two whole posts were since the start of the game:

I'm going to hop on Tearshed for now. Come talk to us Tearshed.

##vote Tearshed

Eh I don't really try to prosecute lurkers until d2 in general but esp when there are actual scummy people

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

busb posted:

I disagree with basically all of yuming's reads~
Rude, mr.

I do not see what you see with chaos and Sav!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

Anyway, that all said, you and Foo are pretty much locked onto me and that's fine. Someone gets lynched. Obviously I'd prefer it not to be me but this is where we are. I'm not good at making cases so I probably won't be able to find someone to say "wait, this is better!", but it'll be a good chance to try my hand at it and start learning. Training wheels have to come off eventually, etc. However! After this game one of you vets needs to shoot me a PM and teach me how to play town without sounding scummy because I think I've come across badly in every game I've been in so far and I am not figuring out how to fix it.
Do people still think this guy is scum? He is not a scum this post is sincere ~I just know it~

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sweet, all the cool kids have little platinum user icons now. I feel elite. Poor Strong Mouse. *sad trombone*

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yuming posted:

Do people still think this guy is scum? He is not a scum this post is sincere ~I just know it~

Oh yuming~~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Captain Foo posted:

Oh yuming~~
What a feeling, what a feeling.

How are you?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So I'm guessing it has to so with the new platinum thing but everyone but Strong Mouse is showing up as Awful Poster in the windows awful app. That's really messing with my ability to process things haha. I'll be on my computer before deadline.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yuming posted:

What a feeling, what a feeling.

How are you?

I'm good I'm good. U should finish reading the thread tho

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

So I'm guessing it has to so with the new platinum thing but everyone but Strong Mouse is showing up as Awful Poster in the windows awful app. That's really messing with my ability to process things haha. I'll be on my computer before deadline.

Win phone lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Strong Mouse posted:

Right! I read the posts.

There are a lot of words. Some of them are big, some not so big. yuming seems to like to use the :sun: smiley a lot.

Is there anything I missed?
My love of the :sun: smiley comes from my third game!!

I was lucky #13 there too OMG!

• Locked thread