Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'll play or be replacement~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Elephant posted:

13 is an unlucky number, so ##vote yuming unlucky number 13.
I am so lucky I am so lucky-- to be in this game with dear busb!

I'm gonna ##vote Asiina :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

busb posted:

I had Kylie Minogue in my head all last night :(
You're welcome busb :sun:

I haven't noticed anything scummy. I will let you all know when I do.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Elephant posted:

I'd be alright with a midnight eastern deadline. Not changing my vote though, 13 is a poo poo number.
Rude what a scum :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

King Burgundy posted:

So many super quiet people. I'm bored, let's talk.

Hi Yuming,

What's up?

:sun:
Hi :sun:

I'm probably leaving soon. I am gonna read some words in this thread!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

Hello everyone I am confirming that I'm here with a power role. It is cool + good. I have a game with a deadline tonight and ~fencing practice~ so I probably won't be back until late tonight or tomorrow during work okay bye.

PS Don't lynch the newbie day 1 that would make me very sad
This post feels town to me.

Specifically the "please don't lynch me I'm a new player~" because chaos sounds legit in his excitement about the game.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Wait he doesn't mean him! I still think he sounds more town than not.

I don't like the way Asiina jumped to correct him. Looks antsy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

tearshed posted:

I have ##vote yuming :sun:

Are you serious. Somber, please push deadline another 4 hours at least! It's mafia tradition, if anything, to have deadline around evening EST (8~10pm)
Rude <:mad:>

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

I called out Strong Mouse hoping it would get him to post more. I know it can be hard to get into games at first.
I like this it feels town.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kellsterik posted:

I have never played on SA, but I have played in person. "Nothing Fancy" is my motto, and have fun.
I like the new players.

Welcome guys come and stay and play lots of games! And yes follow your ~gut feelings~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

With only 3 and a half pages in and a day and a half til deadline there's not a lot of real content yet. Also none of the joke votes were good enough that I was like "yeah I want to get in on that." Plus I'm not clever enough to come up with my own joke vote so I wanted to try something different, a no lynch vote. I'm indifferent on if turboing it or not is the right option but I won't lie that I'm super excited to have a power role to use.

OP doesn't clarify anything about this, is it plurality lynch if we don't reach a majority, or should we assume since nothing is said that it's a majority or nothing?
Such a town!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

It's not your first game, you are no longer a newbie.

##vote chaoslord

Welcome to real mafia.
The antsy feeling here: "I need to vote vote a thing!" Is the best tell I see.

My vote is a real vote now ##vote Asiina

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Here I am here I am!

I am OMG so tired but watching Project Runway and have ~40 minutes to catch up on the game.

I'm excited to see we're actually playing now.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

busb posted:

I disagree with basically all of yuming's reads~
Rude, mr.

I do not see what you see with chaos and Sav!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

Anyway, that all said, you and Foo are pretty much locked onto me and that's fine. Someone gets lynched. Obviously I'd prefer it not to be me but this is where we are. I'm not good at making cases so I probably won't be able to find someone to say "wait, this is better!", but it'll be a good chance to try my hand at it and start learning. Training wheels have to come off eventually, etc. However! After this game one of you vets needs to shoot me a PM and teach me how to play town without sounding scummy because I think I've come across badly in every game I've been in so far and I am not figuring out how to fix it.
Do people still think this guy is scum? He is not a scum this post is sincere ~I just know it~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Captain Foo posted:

Oh yuming~~
What a feeling, what a feeling.

How are you?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Strong Mouse posted:

Right! I read the posts.

There are a lot of words. Some of them are big, some not so big. yuming seems to like to use the :sun: smiley a lot.

Is there anything I missed?
My love of the :sun: smiley comes from my third game!!

I was lucky #13 there too OMG!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
eep I will be back in like 30~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Captain Foo posted:

Hmm I am definitely more suspicious of yuming now than I even was before

-starts catching up on thread
- adds nothing of value
-bails
I drove my sister to work.

If you think that is scummy, then you are a moron.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

Is this an unconfirmed or confirmed masonry? Can your sister confirm?
My sister hates SA because of our stance on furries and MLP. She will not.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Elephant posted:

Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

On a less ridiculous note, Asiina, Kellsterik, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse (the newbie, right?), and Tearshed haven't posted anything substantial yet. The deadline's in 12 hours.

I'm phone posting, so excuse my lack of effort, but reviewing over the thread I don't like Savahontas changing his vote 4 times in half as many days. He also hasn't posted much in the way of solid content, at least as far as what I saw. And other than his vote on yuming I think all of those votes were the same people busb voted. The last vote on me in particular he basically just quoted busb for his reasoning. ##unvote ##vote Savahontas
Up until this point in the thread, my thought on the Elephant case was "eh I don't really see it."

However, with this post above, I can imagine him as scum. To me, this vote doesn't read naturally-- Savahontas' participation sounds like a townie trying to stir up content, and to vote her for doing so makes Elephant look much worse to me. I'm going to reread his earlier content with this in mind, finish up my read, and decide where to go from there.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't get this vote. You call out a bunch of lurkers and then vote Sav for not posting much solid content. How is Sav different to the other 5 people who likewise haven't posted much in the way of content?
OMG we're twins :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Strong Mouse posted:

Well Asiina hasn't said much, and I actually forgot about them. fv seems to be defensive about how other people are voting. Savahontas has changed votes a lot, but I mainly think that is to see people's reactions. Foo seems to mainly respond to things people say and not really add much of his own unless in response. Juanito is around and hasn't voted at all. chaoslord has posted a bit and people jumped on him, then he explained and people jumped off him, so I don't really know.
Overall I like the thought I see behind this.

Mouse's read on Savahontas is similar to mine, and I like that he's picking up on the same thing. Or in other words, I like this opinion for the opposite reason I dislike Elephant's! The last 4 reads sound like Mouse trying to say something about players he has a null read on which makes sense to me given the context of him trying to produce content.

I dub Mouse more town than scum!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Elephant posted:

Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

Asiina posted:

Yeah it's called bussing and it's not at all an unusual thing to do.

However the fact you even used this as an excuse makes me pause. I would imagine if you were scum then your scum buddies would have told you this and you wouldn't have tried to pass this off as a reason, because honestly you just described the thing scum do most often to distance from each other.
There is ~something~ I don't like about this post.

The logic behind Asiina's opinion is poor.

Elephant describes bussing, which Asiina uses as evidence that Elephant isn't scum because if he were scum his teammates would've made him aware of the use of it as a TACTIC and then he wouldn't've used it sarcastically as a defense. This is just too convoluted a train of thought for me to really buy. I think it looks like Asiina is searching for something to contribute that is unique, which I find scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Captain Foo posted:

the problem here is that it isn't even bussing this far from a lynch, but that might just be splitting hairs
I do not care about the semantic difference between to distance and to bus, though I do recognize it.

I would like more people to look at Asiina. She's my ~very own~ read. In the meantime I have caught up and I'm going to start skimming from the beginning of the game again to see if there's anything else worth commenting on.

My preference is Asiina >> Elephant.

I don't see fv's case on Foo but it doesn't come across as a scum-case to me, either.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

Who are you referring to? I'm not sure
Probably tearshed.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
This is a good game I like this game. GOOD EFFORT GUYS THANKS FOR PLAYING :sun:

Scum be peaches and kill lurkers for us, okay? Thanks <3

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Savahontas posted:

##vote Elephant for excusing himself from the deadline. What could possibly be more important than this?
I am ~feeling~ that connection I think busb saw. But I don't really think Sav is scum based on her more recent posts.

I can see where busb's opinion came from, however.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

busb posted:

Thanks for answering my question chaoslorde!

I have a gut awkward reaction to chaos and Savahontas' conversation on this page. Reads like masons or scum trying to distance themselves.
I disagree with basically all of yuming's reads~

It seems pretty obvious that Elephants power has some correlation between saying a number a certain amount or luck or something. I take it some sort of numeromancer.

I hate numbers and maths so i'm gonna vote that guy ##vote Elephant

Also i can't tell how many posts people have made in this thread Radium!!! :argh:
This is what I was referencing re:busb.

My take is Savahontas is just like OMG into the game more than the average mafia player of 2014 so it stands out. But I like it!

My opinion remains the same after reading earlier posts. I'll bbl and am happy to clarify anything I've posted.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Savahontas posted:

I'm a relic from bygones past.
That's a good thing! It's hard to make reads when the effort level is too low at baseline.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Mr. Elephant

nn thread.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 1

Elephant (6): Savahontas, busb, Savahontas, Kellsterik, busb, busb, busb, busb, Savahontas, Strong Mouse, Captain Foo, yuming
yuming (2): Elephant, tearshed, Elephant, Savahontas, Savahontas, Asiina
Savahontas (1): Elephant
fiery_valkyrie (1): Juanito
tearshed (1): King Burgundy
Juanito (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Lynch No One! (0): Juanito, chaoslord, chaoslord, Juanito
Strong Mouse (0): busb, busb, Savahontas, Savahontas
Kellsterik (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo
Captain Foo (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Captain Foo, Asiina, Captain Foo
Asiina (0): King Burgundy, yuming, King Burgundy, yuming, yuming, yuming
busb (0): fiery_valkyrie, Asiina, King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse, fiery_valkyrie, Strong Mouse
chaoslord (0): Asiina, Captain Foo, Elephant, Captain Foo, Elephant, Asiina

Not Voting (2): chaoslord, fiery_valkyrie

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at midnight CDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 7 minutes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yay us :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kellsterik posted:

My gut's telling me to ##vote Elephant. You gotta listen to the mysterious gurgling of your gut.

Kellsterik posted:

I'm convinced. My gut misgurgled this time.

##unvote

##vote tearshed
Don't like the late vote on the tearshed train.

Also, the reference to the earlier post reads self-conscious, over-explain-y, ergo: scummy.

##vote Kellsterik

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Elephant posted:

Welp I guess now is as good a time as any to claim. I'm Johnny Ramone, and if I am the final vote to lynch someone I either get to pardon someone the next day or kill someone at night- but if I kill a townie I die too.
Even though roles were randomized for alignment I don't think this fits in with a scumteam with tearshed's role.

I think Elephant is town.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
~I agree~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also, Kell's "I'm convinced" is over selling.

It sounds like he knows tear is scum OMG I really like this vote now yay me.

Dear players, tell me what you think of my case.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

I don't see Kellsterik's throwaway line with the deadline turbo to be any worse than any of the others.

But the post trying to explain away the nightkill doesn't make sense to me at all.

Revenge kill for their super active scumbro tearshed? KB would have gained a lot of town cred for starting that train, so that could be a reason to kill him, but that's not revenge.
What point are you trying to make here?

Is Kell scum, if not, who is? Vote someone.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

lol

The day just opened and you are the only one who's voted. What are you hassling me for and not any of the other people who had an issue with that post but didn't vote based on it.

Nice selective engagement.
Because I thought you were scummy yesterday and you're doing the same thing now as before.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

Please explain why my comment is scummy and nobody else who commented on that post is worthy of mentioning.
I'm prodding, Asiina. I thought you were scummy for your nondescript opinions D1. You were the ~only one~ to make a wishy-washy read on Kell.

Asiina posted:

I don't see Kellsterik's throwaway line with the deadline turbo to be any worse than any of the others.

But the post trying to explain away the nightkill doesn't make sense to me at all.

Revenge kill for their super active scumbro tearshed? KB would have gained a lot of town cred for starting that train, so that could be a reason to kill him, but that's not revenge.
I read this as "eh I disagree. But that other post was kinda weird *useless thought process*"

Useless, because you never draw a conclusion. I can't tell if you think Kell is more scum than not. I don't know who you think is scum based on this post. It's an unfinished thought and I was pushing for you to finish it. This lack of solid opinion is exactly what I didn't like about your D1. You read like you were struggling to get a hold on the thread. Not having opinions is scummy because it is harder for scum to fake opinions.

re: your case.

The "Yay us :sun:" post is a weak argument. I make a point to post like that regardless of alignment because I enjoy it.

I stand by my opinion of Elephant. Yes, the OP says that roles were randomized for alignment. However, based on busb signing up for this game I am confident that Somberbrero is a good mod (busb is picky) and a good mod would edit the balance of a game that gave scum two similar lynch-effect roles. It's not ~raw maths logic~ but it's a thought process that I stand behind and think is decent enough to dismiss Elephant as a current suspect.

Finally, I like being right. You get extra points if you are The One to catch a scum, didn't anyone tell you that!! Ok, not really, but it's fun to catch someone and it's also good to keep a variety of opinions around.

I think Asiina's pov is too clouded to make a real read on me. The reverse is also true, so based on Sav's comments and ~bias~ I'm going to leave this be for now.

In short, dear players (that means you busb!) what do you all think of Kell?

• Locked thread