Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Let's do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
13 is an unlucky number, so ##vote yuming unlucky number 13.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I'm going to be on an airplane during the deadline, but I'm alright with that.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I'd be alright with a midnight eastern deadline. Not changing my vote though, 13 is a poo poo number.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I'd be alright with a midnight eastern deadline. Not changing my vote though, 13 is a poo poo number.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

yuming posted:

Rude what a scum :sparkles:

Sorry, but you should have known better than to sit down at this table as number 13.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Captain Foo posted:

You're right it's impossible to figure anything out

That's why we play mafia :v:

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Captain Foo posted:

You should shoot someone

I can't yet. You'll be first on the list when I can, though.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I think Chaoslord is acting scummy.

chaoslord posted:

In my short mafia career (busb, since you were asking earlier, this is my fifth game), I have not often found myself in agreement with Juanito but in this case I can agree that after reading so far I don't see a compelling case on anyone so ##vote no-lynch so we can let all the power roles fly.

Voting for a no-lynch on day 1 isn't particularly evil, but power roles flying around hurts the town more than it helps.

chaoslord posted:

With only 3 and a half pages in and a day and a half til deadline there's not a lot of real content yet. Also none of the joke votes were good enough that I was like "yeah I want to get in on that." Plus I'm not clever enough to come up with my own joke vote so I wanted to try something different, a no lynch vote. I'm indifferent on if turboing it or not is the right option but I won't lie that I'm super excited to have a power role to use.

This whole section of this post seems hyper-defensive to me.

chaoslord posted:

I accept this offer of friendship.

It is his first game so I won't vote him today but I could see myself voting for him on a future day for sure.
Right here he (she?) uses weasel language to excuse not having to make a decision, a classic scum tactic.

All of Chaoslord's scummy actions also signal that someone's a newbie, and by his (her?) own admission this is his (her?) fifth game of mafia on Something Awful. With nothing stronger to go on, and this being a decent case for a day one lynch as far as I'm concerned, I will ##vote chaoslord for now.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I don't have any posting restrictions or any connection to the number thirteen.

At this point a "joke vote" or a vote with no substance would be against the interests of the town- it's in scum's favor for the town to randomly lynch someone close to the deadline because nobody made a serious vote until six hours before the deadline, or whatever. I believe that the best thing any town can do is post and post often- it outs the scum who lurk, and scum who post often to keep up will often betray their allegiance in their posting.

I'm gonna do my best not to comment on people voting to lynch me- I'll let my words and my votes speak for themselves. But I don't think either of the two people voting for me right now has given us a real reason for doing so.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Savahontas posted:

And elephant: please comment on anyone! Even (especially?) if they are voting you.

Okay. fiery_valkyrie hasn't posted since the 13th, and has nothing to his or her post history. Captain foo rarely posts more than one line, but every line is important.

chaoslord posted:

This is going to backfire spectacularly but here goes.

Maybe it comes across as hyper defensive, but a couple of people questioned the no lynch vote so I thought I'd walk through my thought process rather than ignore it and pretend it didnt happen and hope no one keyed in on that. I reckon being open about why I do what I do is a lot better than trying to hide. It probably does seem awkward because I'm not very good with words and my posting in general is probably bad because I'm having to force myself to post (this will be post 12 which I know for most of yall regulars aint a lot but thats 2 or 3 days worth of posts for me in my games so far) to try to be more active.

Or, more correctly, I've already said a few times (in that quote included) that I'm not going to vote a new player day 1. However I would vote Strong Mouse later. I was asked about them and I answered.

Anyway, that all said, you and Foo are pretty much locked onto me and that's fine. Someone gets lynched. Obviously I'd prefer it not to be me but this is where we are. I'm not good at making cases so I probably won't be able to find someone to say "wait, this is better!", but it'll be a good chance to try my hand at it and start learning. Training wheels have to come off eventually, etc. However! After this game one of you vets needs to shoot me a PM and teach me how to play town without sounding scummy because I think I've come across badly in every game I've been in so far and I am not figuring out how to fix it.

(Gotta go fix a fridge now, if momentum against me keeps building I'd ask for a chance to claim of course but if I don't get a chance I don't get a chance)
On further review, and as Captain Foo just said, this probably isn't scum. I'm keeping my vote unless something better comes around, as "possible genius scum" is a better vote, in my opinion, than not voting at all.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I would rather have a vote down, I'm gonna be traveling for a large portion of today. Before I get on the plane I plan to reread through the whole thread, and point out things that seem odd or scummy

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

On a less ridiculous note, Asiina, Kellsterik, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse (the newbie, right?), and Tearshed haven't posted anything substantial yet. The deadline's in 12 hours.

I'm phone posting, so excuse my lack of effort, but reviewing over the thread I don't like Savahontas changing his vote 4 times in half as many days. He also hasn't posted much in the way of solid content, at least as far as what I saw. And other than his vote on yuming I think all of those votes were the same people busb voted. The last vote on me in particular he basically just quoted busb for his reasoning. ##unvote ##vote Savahontas

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I'm not sure if I'll be around for the deadline, and my ~secret power~ relies on that, but oh well. I'd be ok with a lurker lynch over Sav.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Welp I guess now is as good a time as any to claim. I'm Johnny Ramone, and if I am the final vote to lynch someone I either get to pardon someone the next day or kill someone at night- but if I kill a townie I die too.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I left out my nickname (The Hook) and my role name. Are we allowed to reveal role names?

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I'm the executioner.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
##Vote tearshed lynch the lurker imo

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I like this next deadline I think.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I'm in the process of moving, so it'll be a little while before I can post something substantial. I'm not in favor of a Sav vote anymore.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Captain Foo posted:

okay, re: vote ordering

1) king bung (flipped town) [previously voting tearshed]
2) elephant [previously mentioned wanting to lynch tearshed]
3) fv
4) asiina
5) juanito
6) kells
7) mouse

the claim takes 8 minutes from when elephant starts the claim from when he says he's the executioner. It's then 5 minutes where juanito and king bung says they won't vote for elephant, and 5 minutes after the claim elephant votes for tearshed. At this point, elephant is still at -1.

these are the next three votes

Any of these could have instead been a hammer on elephant, but they weren't. during the claim discussion fv says that she doesn't think the role sounds scummy but that doesn't actually matter because the roles are randomized.

anyway that's a bunch of mafia spergery on my part but i think asiina looks especially bad. There were other options, she could have hammered elephant, so she's deliberately trying to mislead with that comment. FV looks similar, but maybe she's thinking like yuming that the mod modified the random roles. that is something i do not believe.

aaaaaaaaargh this analysis only makes any loving sense at all if we are operating with the assumption that elephant is actually scum, which we don't know.

so the other hand of the situation we have juanito, kells, and mouse at the end. mouse i don't get scum from at all, just a new player. Juanito I have generally felt has been playing a town game, but I haven't re-read. So that would bring me to kells. While everyone else has seemed to thing that his vote

was scummy, I didn't think it actually was. I'm still voting him at the moment, though, because of his behavior so far D2, which has been completely awful.

This is a really good analysis. It's pretty dumb to write anyone off as scum, even if they claim.

I'm also not sure if worrying about the voting at the end of the first day is the best direction to be taking. We hit scum, that's fantastic- going back and forth about bussing and WIFOM is counter productive.

If I get some time in the next 24 hours I plan to read over the entire thread again and point out what I think is suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Sorry I've been so absent lately. I've been keeping up with the thread, I'm gonna read through again though and see what pops out at me.

• Locked thread