Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

im the dipsomancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

Everyone is bad at mafia.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Triskaidekamage spotted

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

:aaa:

why aren't YOU running this game?

idk, i actually own the UA book but I've never actually run it or even played it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Confirming that I

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I am now going to ##vote king bung since it didn't take in the last game I tried to do it in

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kellsterik posted:

I'm willing to bet that we have a Cryptomancer who can only post true statements. Or one that always lies :tinfoil:

"This statement is false."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kellsterik posted:

you're breaking taboo!!

Don't f with me man

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also 11pm est deadline best deadline

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i did not realize tremendous taste was playing this game

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

busb posted:

A lot of us are terrible, so a terrible game design would probably fit the bill.

I think i am going to address... the ##vote Elephant in the room.
heh.

There's a few names i don't recognise

Strong Mouse: first game
chaoslord: 4th game someone said?
Elephant: ???
Killsterik: ???
Savahontas: first ever game

Help me friends.

vote you are self

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

For the next couple weeks I don't really care when the deadline is. And midnight Eastern time works great.

DO YOU NOT SLEEP

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

So who is actually the scum??

It's OK, u can tell your pal foo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kellsterik posted:

I predict that trying to determine who's scum on Day 1 based on supposed tells in their posts will descend into navelgazing even faster than usual

You're right it's impossible to figure anything out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elephant posted:

That's why we play mafia :v:

You should shoot someone

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elephant posted:

I can't yet. You'll be first on the list when I can, though.

Right, now that we've got that established, ##vote kellsterik

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

In my short mafia career (busb, since you were asking earlier, this is my fifth game), I have not often found myself in agreement with Juanito but in this case I can agree that after reading so far I don't see a compelling case on anyone so ##vote no-lynch so we can let all the power roles fly.

Oh, I didn't see this, you're either TT in disguise or scum, either way ##vote chaoslorde

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Savahontas posted:

I don't think this is a great idea but I do not think it is a scummy move to suggest it.

Even if we vote no lynch I do not think we should turbo it.

I am aware these are super boring opinions.

Why would u no lynch

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Savahontas posted:

I wouldn't, but I can see the reasoning behind everybody wanting to get to night phase ASAP.

Can we talk about ##vote Strong Mouse and his awkward cheerleading?

Even with the prs everywhere a no Lynch and especially a turbo NL helps none but scum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

With only 3 and a half pages in and a day and a half til deadline there's not a lot of real content yet. Also none of the joke votes were good enough that I was like "yeah I want to get in on that." Plus I'm not clever enough to come up with my own joke vote so I wanted to try something different, a no lynch vote. I'm indifferent on if turboing it or not is the right option but I won't lie that I'm super excited to have a power role to use.

OP doesn't clarify anything about this, is it plurality lynch if we don't reach a majority, or should we assume since nothing is said that it's a majority or nothing?

Pointing out there is no content doesn't really help the situation hoss

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Savahontas posted:

I wouldn't, but I can see the reasoning behind everybody wanting to get to night phase ASAP.

Can we talk about ##vote Strong Mouse and his awkward cheerleading?

I don't see any awkward cheer leading or at least nothing out of the ordinary for early d1

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

This is a good point, although I feel it could be said about most turbos or joke votes ##unvote

Lookit u running scared

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kellsterik posted:

My gut's telling me to ##vote Elephant. You gotta listen to the mysterious gurgling of your gut.

This isn't a good vote at this point bro

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

busb posted:

We still have over 24 hours, what is your point here?

Seemed out of place now that we actually have real discussion going

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

busb posted:

okay make us masons Somber/mason recruiter.
yumming posts like this a lot, I think she has drawn conclusions i don't see but i don't find it scummy so far.

Okay so i think what you're aiming at is "what post makes you feel elephant is scummy?" not "we don't have time to split the votes now!" which is how it came across to me.

I think it likely that some/all of us have some sort of posting/acting restriction in regards to our roles.

Yeah you nailed it with what I was aiming at

No posting restriction here

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

This is going to backfire spectacularly but here goes.

Maybe it comes across as hyper defensive, but a couple of people questioned the no lynch vote so I thought I'd walk through my thought process rather than ignore it and pretend it didnt happen and hope no one keyed in on that. I reckon being open about why I do what I do is a lot better than trying to hide. It probably does seem awkward because I'm not very good with words and my posting in general is probably bad because I'm having to force myself to post (this will be post 12 which I know for most of yall regulars aint a lot but thats 2 or 3 days worth of posts for me in my games so far) to try to be more active.

Or, more correctly, I've already said a few times (in that quote included) that I'm not going to vote a new player day 1. However I would vote Strong Mouse later. I was asked about them and I answered.

Anyway, that all said, you and Foo are pretty much locked onto me and that's fine. Someone gets lynched. Obviously I'd prefer it not to be me but this is where we are. I'm not good at making cases so I probably won't be able to find someone to say "wait, this is better!", but it'll be a good chance to try my hand at it and start learning. Training wheels have to come off eventually, etc. However! After this game one of you vets needs to shoot me a PM and teach me how to play town without sounding scummy because I think I've come across badly in every game I've been in so far and I am not figuring out how to fix it.

(Gotta go fix a fridge now, if momentum against me keeps building I'd ask for a chance to claim of course but if I don't get a chance I don't get a chance)
Definite newish player or else a genius scum but you haven't seen locking on or backfiring ##unvote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I feel that Foo is trying to push easy votes without putting much substance, or opinion behind his votes.

First he votes a newbie, with no reason given

And then jumps straight onto another newer player, even though Juanito had also voted for a no-lynch.

He then makes a series of snipey posts at chaoslord

And then he unvotes chaoslord when the guy defends himself.

##vote Foo

Kell vote mostly joke vote, but never a bad idea to see how a new player responds.
Chaos lord surprised me with a scummy position right after that, so moving to a vote that was more substantial was obviously a good move.

And yes, I thought chaos lord was scummy so I kept up pressure to see what would happen, and then he acquitted himself to my satisfaction, so I took my vote off.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

If you're trying to say I shouldn't have taken my vote off because I now think he's town then lol @ u

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elephant posted:

I don't have any posting restrictions or any connection to the number thirteen.

At this point a "joke vote" or a vote with no substance would be against the interests of the town- it's in scum's favor for the town to randomly lynch someone close to the deadline because nobody made a serious vote until six hours before the deadline, or whatever. I believe that the best thing any town can do is post and post often- it outs the scum who lurk, and scum who post often to keep up will often betray their allegiance in their posting.

I'm gonna do my best not to comment on people voting to lynch me- I'll let my words and my votes speak for themselves. But I don't think either of the two people voting for me right now has given us a real reason for doing so.

This is a lot of words to say nothing other than "omgus is bad and I shouldn't do it"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Scum team is probably yuming, elefante, and fv

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elephant posted:

Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

Easily plausible

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

I don't really know what a substantial post is. Should I just start pointing fingers? I mean, some people feel more or less like they are hiding things, and I don't really thing that busb is scum right now, but I don't really know who to vote for.

Who do you feel like is hiding things

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Right now, between the two of you, I'd say FV seems less scummy then you. That opinion is very omgusy of you. Having said that, not sure that either of you is scum.

I can possibly see Yuming and Elephant though.

Hey Juanito, are you planning to ride the no lynch thing all the way to deadline?

It's not my fault that fvs case is flimsy and showed up right after she got called out for not posting, like "oops I better throw together a case"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

Well Asiina hasn't said much, and I actually forgot about them. fv seems to be defensive about how other people are voting. Savahontas has changed votes a lot, but I mainly think that is to see people's reactions. Foo seems to mainly respond to things people say and not really add much of his own unless in response. Juanito is around and hasn't voted at all. chaoslord has posted a bit and people jumped on him, then he explained and people jumped off him, so I don't really know.

This isn't really true re: my posting

I completely forgot tearshed was in the game :justpost: or you start looking scummy by default, I've seen plenty of scum lurk their way to victory. Not gonna vote lurker over fv or elefante at this point. Would happily lynch either of them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

How are either of these things consensus?

Has anyone mentioned that they don't buy chaoslorde's explanation post?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also lmao I pushed for the later deadline and I just realized I likely won't be around for it :shobon:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

One person is voting for fv now, which is after I made my post, so what exactly is your point here? Also not everyone thinks it's weak. KB seems to think that fv looks better than Foo.

And I don't think her case is strong. I think it is a weak case. However it's D1 in a slow game so I don't think that having a weak case necessarily equals scum in and of itself.

I don't like the way that yuming has dropped a vote on me for being "antsy" but has said absolutely nothing since. I also think tearshed should post having posted twice since D1 started.

Call it OMGUS if you want, but I'm feeling fine with this ##vote yuming

You think she's scummier than elephant?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

So I just reread Tearshed, Yuming, and Elephant. On a reread, my gut feeling on Yuming isn't panning out, so I personally won't be pursuing her today. Elephant reads as scum to me, so I'm willing to vote him.

This in particular looks like flailing to me:

Hey guys, ignore my bussing, also, look over here at any of this other long list of names! Surely one of them is scummier, right guys?!?

But on this I kind of disagree. The game is really small and tearshed goes way beyond lurking thus far. It is bad for town. Also, look at what his two whole posts were since the start of the game:

I'm going to hop on Tearshed for now. Come talk to us Tearshed.

##vote Tearshed

Eh I don't really try to prosecute lurkers until d2 in general but esp when there are actual scummy people

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yuming posted:

Do people still think this guy is scum? He is not a scum this post is sincere ~I just know it~

Oh yuming~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yuming posted:

What a feeling, what a feeling.

How are you?