Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I DID NOT SAY THAT. Busb I have missed you! I will play your stupid game, Somberbrero, and I will win it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

busb posted:

Hahah. poo poo. i was counting on you hating mafia and not playing. Oh well guess i'm playing too then!

Jokes on you! Get ready to play some mafia!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Elephant posted:

I'm going to be on an airplane during the deadline, but I'm alright with that.

##vote Elephant for excusing himself from the deadline. What could possibly be more important than this?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I'm fine with a later deadline but I, too, will not be around for the flip because somberbrero is my ride.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

chaoslord posted:

In my short mafia career (busb, since you were asking earlier, this is my fifth game), I have not often found myself in agreement with Juanito but in this case I can agree that after reading so far I don't see a compelling case on anyone so ##vote no-lynch so we can let all the power roles fly.

I don't think this is a great idea but I do not think it is a scummy move to suggest it.

Even if we vote no lynch I do not think we should turbo it.

I am aware these are super boring opinions.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Captain Foo posted:

Why would u no lynch

I wouldn't, but I can see the reasoning behind everybody wanting to get to night phase ASAP.

Can we talk about ##vote Strong Mouse and his awkward cheerleading?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

chaoslord posted:

With only 3 and a half pages in and a day and a half til deadline there's not a lot of real content yet. Also none of the joke votes were good enough that I was like "yeah I want to get in on that." Plus I'm not clever enough to come up with my own joke vote so I wanted to try something different, a no lynch vote. I'm indifferent on if turboing it or not is the right option but I won't lie that I'm super excited to have a power role to use.

OP doesn't clarify anything about this, is it plurality lynch if we don't reach a majority, or should we assume since nothing is said that it's a majority or nothing?

I like you, let's be friends.

How do you feel about the strong mouse?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

chaoslord posted:

I accept this offer of friendship.

It is his first game so I won't vote him today but I could see myself voting for him on a future day for sure.

AW, okay.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Elephant posted:

I think Chaoslord is acting scummy.

Voting for a no-lynch on day 1 isn't particularly evil, but power roles flying around hurts the town more than it helps.

This whole section of this post seems hyper-defensive to me.

Right here he (she?) uses weasel language to excuse not having to make a decision, a classic scum tactic.

All of Chaoslord's scummy actions also signal that someone's a newbie, and by his (her?) own admission this is his (her?) fifth game of mafia on Something Awful. With nothing stronger to go on, and this being a decent case for a day one lynch as far as I'm concerned, I will ##vote chaoslord for now.

I totally see what you're getting at. His phrasing is definitely odd and the excuses for not throwing down a vote is like, textbook scummy - but I think it's also pretty reasonable for page 4. I think he's being fairly transparent and it's coming off strange.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
To clarify - when I say 'textbook scummy' I mean out of context it's like "this what a scum might do." Sort of...too scummy...to be scum, if you feel me.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Kellsterik posted:

My gut's telling me to ##vote Elephant. You gotta listen to the mysterious gurgling of your gut.

Do you, though?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

busb posted:

I have a gut awkward reaction to chaos and Savahontas' conversation on this page. Reads like masons or scum trying to distance themselves.

As if I would be that sloppy!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

busb posted:

Hi Sava how are you?

Are you and chaoslorde unconfirmed masons?

y / [n]

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

busb posted:

We still have over 24 hours, what is your point here?

He's right, though! That was useless commentary!

Speaking of useless noise, let's discuss how much yuming has been posting and how little he is saying!

##vote yuming

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

busb posted:

Awww don't feel [no] :(

I wish I were a mason! Tell me what you think of yumming's scattershot lack of analysis, ol' pal?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Yeah I very much disagree on chaoslord. If he's scum, y'all are just lucky because this in no way reads scum to me.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

And elephant: please comment on anyone! Even (especially?) if they are voting you.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Yeahhhhhhhh I agree. ##vote elephant

It is not a good idea to vote for people who 'probably aren't scum.'

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Elephant posted:

I'm phone posting, so excuse my lack of effort, but reviewing over the thread I don't like Savahontas changing his vote 4 times in half as many days. He also hasn't posted much in the way of solid content, at least as far as what I saw. And other than his vote on yuming I think all of those votes were the same people busb voted. The last vote on me in particular he basically just quoted busb for his reasoning. ##unvote ##vote Savahontas

I think this is a bad vote. I can't help if busb is a bro and I agree with him, but the first vote was a joke, and I unvoted chaoslorde because he defended himself. I also unvoted Strong Mouse because I didn't realize this was his first game.

I don't agree with fv's case but I fail to see how it's scummy. Is he twisting words or misrepresenting them? Or just making a weak case?

only vaguely relevant: I am a lady.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I would be OK voting for Asiina, mostly because he's mostly lurking with only 2 content posts... both of which mostly echo the consensus (fv has a bad case, chaoslord is town).

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Strong Mouse posted:

Well Asiina hasn't said much, and I actually forgot about them. fv seems to be defensive about how other people are voting. Savahontas has changed votes a lot, but I mainly think that is to see people's reactions. Foo seems to mainly respond to things people say and not really add much of his own unless in response. Juanito is around and hasn't voted at all. chaoslord has posted a bit and people jumped on him, then he explained and people jumped off him, so I don't really know.

Just so you know, it is absolutely okay to be wrong. We are all terrible at this game, a bunch of idiots shouting into a void, if you will.

It's a lot harder to find things to shout about if you're quiet, is all.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Asiina posted:

How are either of these things consensus?

What do you mean? No one likes fv's case. Some people are even voting him.

All you wrote was "I don't think it's that strong."

That reads to me like you're trying to fly under the radar but still post vague content.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Captain Foo posted:

It's not my fault that fvs case is flimsy and showed up right after she got called out for not posting, like "oops I better throw together a case"

Yeah, I didn't really consider the timing here. I thought it was unlikely that a scum would just appear on page 5 and effortpost when we're just getting stared... I didn't consider the call out.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
You know what? I would vote that lurker. 0 game content in a game like this - where up until this point you've had to really scramble to find something to post - is scummier than normal circumstances.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

yuming posted:

This is just too convoluted a train of thought for me to really buy. I think it looks like Asiina is searching for something to contribute that is unique, which I find scummy.

Yes I agree.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

yuming posted:

I am ~feeling~ that connection I think busb saw. But I don't really think Sav is scum based on her more recent posts.

I can see where busb's opinion came from, however.

Wait I missed this, is elephant my scum buddy? HAS BUSB BETRAYED ME?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Kellsterik posted:

My deep and abiding faith that elephant is scum has not been shaken by this discussion. I'm riding this train to midnight.

I can respect a post like this, at least.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Juanito posted:

It's not that obvious. Go to her post, and then scroll up until you can tell who she is referring to?

I am referring to tearshed.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

yuming posted:

This is what I was referencing re:busb.

My take is Savahontas is just like OMG into the game more than the average mafia player of 2014 so it stands out. But I like it!

My opinion remains the same after reading earlier posts. I'll bbl and am happy to clarify anything I've posted.

I'm a relic from bygones past.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I am getting a really bad vibe from this entire page. :tinfoil:

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
You guys, I'll be around for another half an hour and then be back possibly later. I feel fine about my vote on elephant.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
drat, that was really excellent. I was wrong about Asiina, apparently!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

yuming posted:

Don't like the late vote on the tearshed train.

Also, the reference to the earlier post reads self-conscious, over-explain-y, ergo: scummy.

##vote Kellsterik

I completely agree with this.

##vote Kellsterik

I was gone Friday night and by the time I got back you guys had hammered.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Asiina's behavior around the deadline does not read glorious bussing to me. I think you are off base, yuming.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I'm sorry I literally finally understand - you're all saying that it's possible if elephant is telling the truth about his role that he is still scum because the roles are randomized.

That takes the wind out of my sails a bit.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I was thinking it was just the flavor that was randomized.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

busb posted:

your brain was randomised.

oh wow. Rude!!!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I really disagree on elephant. I think his vote was completely necessary - and fairly early - so unless it was some pretty hard bussing, why go there?

I think elephant just has a sort of awkward grasp on the english language.

BUSB I agree with the charge that you're tunnel visioning WHAT SAY YOU?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
No, sorry, about tunneling on people who didn't vote, I meant this:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I dont like this post from busb. I feel like this post is setting us up to only really look at the people not on the vote, when I'm not sure its possible to say definitively that scum were/weren't voting for tearshed.

I also think this, and his post about whether scum would vote their buddy early/late are more distraction than actual discussion.

##vote busb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I agree with Juanito but when I read back through Foo there was nothing specific to point to, so at this point it's just a useless observation.

I don't know that I'll be around much tomorrow, I am good with my vote on Kells.

As we discussed, the roles are randomized, so it doesn't matter that the role is scummy (or if it'd been town). I still think it's a good bet.

• Locked thread