Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WWE Discussion

John Cena is champion

The Miz is IC Champion

Sheamus is US Champion I think

The Usos have the tag titles

AJ Lee is Women's diva champ

and Summerslam is this Sunday for only 999

RAW

This is a report from F4WOnline.com so please don't get mad at me for its content because I DID NOT WRITE IT. Thanks.

WWE Monday Night Raw

August 11, 2014
Portland, OR

Noteworthy: "Brock Lesnar didn't run for President. He went and ran for God" - Paul Heyman. Brock vs Cena is this Sunday, and you should watch it!

Paul Heyman Spoils SummerSlam
WWE is 6 days away from SummerSlam, the biggest WWE Network special since WrestleMania 30. On Sunday, Brock Lesnar will challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Tonight, Brock, with his advocate Paul Heyman, opened Raw by spoiling the match as they did prior to WrestleMania 30. Brock's "Eat, Sleep, Conquer, Repeat" shirt had tape with the name "John Cena" over the "Repeat." Paul Heyman spoke in the ring about Brock Lesnar's history. Bad things happened to those who step in the ring with Brock, Heyman reminded us. He talked about The Rock in 2002, and Undertaker at WrestleMania 30. He then performed a rap to John Cena, telling John in a fun way that Cena's title reign is ending on Sunday. He did mention the Extreme Rules 2012 match, saying that even John considers himself the loser of that fight even though he won the match. Paul ended the open by telling John that this is Brock Lesnar's house, and intimated that Brock would be back later in the show, possibly during Hogan's birthday celebration.

In between most segments, we would get videos from various celebrities giving Hogan their birthday well wishes.

Roman Reigns defeated The Ryback & Curtis Axel via DQ
Roman vs RybAxel was made by Kane, who is back to being the suit wearing, corporate, authority figure. Kane said that Roman beating him last week was like beating two men, so Roman should be able to do it again. Well, he did, in about ten minutes, but the victory came via DQ. Basically, the numbers kept catching up to Reigns every time he got an advantage. The ref tried to get them back to 1on1, but RybAxel kept up the double teaming for the DQ. After the bout, when RybAxel thought they finished Reigns, he made a comeback and speared both opponents.

In ring: Renee Young walked into the ring to interview Reigns. The crowd was hot for him, and he said that Orton wasn't a viper, but a worm. Reigns vs Orton do battle at SummerSlam.

Backstage: Randy Orton said that he'll finish Reigns at SummerSlam. Kane replied that he wanted to make sure Orton was prepared for SummerSlam, so he'd be wrestling Sheamus tonight.

Seth Rollins defeated RVD via pinfall.
Seth Rollins pinned RVD after the curbstomp in an average match. They highlighted the Rollins vs Ambrose Lumberjack match at SummerSlam. Basically, Dean wants the lumberjacks because they all hate both he and Rollins, and that will make sure that Rollins cannot escape.

After Rollins' victory, he began to walk up the stage to leave. He paused, however, next to a bunch of prop gifts on the stage to decorate for Hogan's birthday. There was one giant present, that Rollins went up to and started trying to shake. The announcers put our how Rollins was fearful that the lunatic Ambrose might be hiding and waiting in the gift. Rollins eventually thought he was being silly, and walked to the back. However, his suspicions were accurate, as Ambrose broke through from the gift and attacked Seth. He brawled with Seth back down to ringside before Rollins was able to escape through the crowd. Ambrose, on the mic, told Seth that there was nowhere to run on Sunday.

Stephanie McMahon's Revenge Plan
The top of the second hour began with Stephanie McMahon coming to the ring to confess something to Brie Bella. Stephanie introduced Daniel Bryan's physical therapist, a shy and nervous young lady named Megan Miller. Megan got in the ring, and with growing crowd disapproval, and at Stephanie's leading, Megan announced that she's been having an affair with Daniel Bryan. Stephanie was so great during all of this, by the way. She's phenomenal. Brie Bella rushed to the ring, and while she stared off with this Megan Miller, Stephanie mocked the whole thing and riled the crowd on. Brie slapped Megan, then took down Stephanie. WWE officials rushed out to separate Brie and Stephanie, ushering Brie up the ramp. Stephanie, angry, said she couldn't wait for SummerSlam, so she was going to finish Brie off tonight! The crowd erupted, and it appeared we'd have the Steph vs Brie match later on. If only!

Jack Swagger defeated Cesaro via submission.
Swagger beat his old tag team partner with the Patriot Lock in the longest match of the night thus far. It was a fine TV match, but the post-match stuff set up for the Pay Per View. As the Real Americans were doing their 'We The People', Rusev's music hit and the Russian flag draped over the ring. Each men held and waved their respective flags to remind everyone that we have a FLAG MATCH at SummerSlam!

Bray Wyatt & Chris Jericho Are Serious Men
Bray Wyatt and Chris Jericho sat down with Michael Cole for a serious conversation. Just as Cole began speaking, however, Wyatt sent him away. Wyatt spoke to Jericho at length about how he has hurt people as long as he's been in the world. Jericho was staring back in a hilarious, yet serious, manner. He was clinching his face, almost in a Mike Tenay manner. Very weird looking. When Wyatt was finally done, Jericho responded by claiming to be a survivor in WWE. He said he'd shut Bray up for good at SummerSlam.

Eva Marie defeated AJ Lee via pinfall.
Eva Marie won this non-title match quickly, but her victory came due to AJ being distracted by a skipping Paige. After the bout, Paige recited a poem of her own. She said AJ has a face she just wants to punch, and on Sunday, she'll reclaim her Diva's title.

John Cena responds to Brock Lesnar
The third hour of our program began with John Cena, in the ring, out to respond to Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman's show opening words. Cena agreed that he'll get battered and punished by Brock on Sunday, but disagreed on who would win. A repeat of Extreme Rules, Cena sees, as he will escape with the title. Cena repeated a lot of the stuff that was in the promo videos shown last week on Raw, saying he's fighting for the WWE Universe no matter what they think of him. He challenged Brock to come to the ring now, but there was no Brock. So instead, Cena finished by saying he'd be the one to beat The One this Sunday.

The announcers cut to a highlight from earlier when Megan Miller announced she was porking the vegan.

Stephanie McMahon's Revenge Plan - Part 2
Brie Bella came to the ring, dressed to wrestle. She did not need to do that, it turns out. Stephanie walked out in the same clothes she was in earlier, claiming that they couldn't have their match tonight. Meg Miller has decided to press charges, apparently, for the slap she was handed by Brie Bella earlier. Plain clothes officers came out to arrest Mrs. Bryan, as she cried and pleaded that she didn't do anything. LIAR! This was all an elaborate plot that worked perfectly to return the humiliation to Brie Bella. Stephanie is wonderful. The cops arrested Brie, taking her away, as Stephanie told the crowd that what goes around, comes around.

As Michael Cole was stunned at this turn of events, both Lawler and JBL justified the move since it's basically exactly why Steph was arrested in the first place. A performer slapped a civilian. Brie, that meanie.

Heath Slater defeated Dolph Ziggler via Count Out
The win streak continues! The Miz, doing commentary at ringside when his mic cord wasn't unplugged, got involved in the match after Dolph seemingly sured up victory with a ZigZag. Dolph and Miz battled from the ring on out, and Slater got the win via count out. Dolph, at the count of 8, remembered he was still in a match. He tried to run back in but was too late. As Slater was celebrating victory, Dolph went up to shake his hand. Slater started to shake, but went for a boot to Dolph's stomach instead. Dolph caught it, however, and landed a Zig Zag again on Slater to get the cheers on his way out.

Randy Orton defeated Sheamus via pinfall.
Orton won with an RKO, which he hit as Sheamus came flying off the top rope for a shoulder block. Cool finish to an otherwise ordinary match. It was the longest match we'd see tonight, and wasn't as boring as I thought it might be.

Hulk Hogan's Birthday Bash
No Sting. All the Superstars were assembled on stage, and then Hulk Hogan was introduced to the ring by Jimmy Hart and Gene Okerlund. Okerlund cut to a video tribute for Hogan, set to Bob Dylan's "Forever Young." It was a great video, as these things usually are. Hogan spoke, with what seemed to be genuine sincerity, thanking the fans for their applause and support. He said even Vince McMahon gave him a present today. Vince cut a promo on Vince, with crowd participation, as the present was $9.99 for the WWE Network. That was pretty cool. The crowd repeated $9.99 like it was a catchphrase, which is what WWE was hoping for, I'm sure.

Hogan thanked the roster on stage, and the fans again, when Ric Flair walked out. We got a string of surprise guests, most of whom never spoke on the mic, including Mr. Wonderful, Roddy Piper, and the Outsider of Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Once all were in the ring together, Scott Hall of all people was the one to speak. Hall conducted a survey, asking the crowd if they came to the show tonight to see Hogan in his red and yellow, or rather the black and white of the nWo. The crowd cheered for the nWo, and Hogan obliged. He ripped off his red and yellow shirt to reveal that he was wearing an nWo shirt. At this point, Sting's music hit. Wait, no it didn't. Kevin Nash, rather, started to sing Happy Birthday to Hogan.

Nash couldn't finish, as BRAWK LESNAR's music played over the arena speakers. Brock stormed to the ring, getting in there and going nose to nose with Hogan. "The party is over, grandpa," Brock told Hogan. None of the superstars on stage wanted to get involved, so WWE's super man had to get the job done. John Cena ran out and wanted to fight Brock. Brock, however, slowly walked out of the ring. Cena protected all the legends from Brock's wrath, but now, can he protect his title!

The celebration continued on the WWE Network, but Raw was over with Brock deciding to wait until SummerSlam to get his hands on Cena.

:siren: Summerslam :siren:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

mkay0 posted:

If you are not hype for Cena/Lesnar, wwe isn't for you

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Thank you Vegan Advocate Daniel Bryan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Raw had some good stuff and some bad stuff unfortunately most of the bad stuff was go-home segments for PPV matches

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Daniel Bryan posted:

and Summerslam is this Sunday for only 999

Seems like a lot

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I cant believe Hulk is dead #riphh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9JfhANM9B0

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I really liked Bray's promo. "I've been watching you since you disappointed your father growing up" was great.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Heath won, that is a good thing. Dean Ambrose is a present; that is also good.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Megan Miller is a lucky woman.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Cesaro jobbed out to Swagger again. Particularly egregious because the match was like 90% Cesaro beating his rear end and 10% Swagger hossin'.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I am about to watch RAW. Was it any good is it worth sitting through it all?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Another Person posted:

I'd watch a few segments. Mainly just the last one though. The rest was mostly okay but skippable.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Another Person posted:

No real great matches but some fun build stuff with Cena / Lesnar and Ambrose / Rollins. Even the Miz / Ziggler segment was really entertaining.

It's a definite DVR watch. Skip the boring parts.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'd watch a few segments. Mainly just the last one though. The rest was mostly okay but skippable.

Mostly okay means I will probs watch it all. So long as it wasn't as bad as last week, I'm good. Thanks!

e; does Hogan open any of these presents? I hope he does.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Despite the lackluster RAW, Summerslam actually does look pretty good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cena vs. Lesnar is going to be passable and fine just like their first match and just like that match Cena will win against all logic and reason. Bryan/Lesnar would have been a thousand times better.

Another Person posted:

Mostly okay means I will probs watch it all. So long as it wasn't as bad as last week, I'm good. Thanks!

e; does Hogan open any of these presents? I hope he does.

Presents are opened.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Hogan would have invited John Graziano, but he wouldn't get out of bed.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not hype for Cena/Lesnar. :shrug:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

Presents are opened.

Yeeeeeeeeaaaah!

Also, not sure if anyone noticed this, but on the Lesnar Vs. Cena screens they keep showing for Summerslam there is a really cool little pic of Heyman in the bottom right. I really love that little pic, it is just so funny to me for no good reason.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
So a ticket to Smackdown tomorrow fell into my lap. Should I be expecting to have a good time or has Smackdown declined in quality?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

It will be a good match and I guess that's all I need. I guess I'm more intrigued with what happens afterward.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I am hype despite all of the build, and I hope they surpass their amazing Extreme Rules 2012 match.

That makes it one of 2 matches I care about at all, the other one being the Swagger/Rusev flag match that the wrong man will undoubtedly win.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jack Anderson posted:

So a ticket to Smackdown tomorrow fell into my lap. Should I be expecting to have a good time or has Smackdown declined in quality?

The Usos will have a match on Main Event and Roman Reigns will be on Miz TV. It's usually an okay/pretty good show, just entirely skippable if you watch Raw.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Jack Anderson posted:

Smackdown is good if you like seeing midcard wrestling and a few midcard promos. More wrestling is a good thing from the midcard, lot of talented workers down there. Don't expect many main eventers, and I wouldn't expect 15 min promos from HHH either. Both a good thing, imo. The matches don't tend to mean much in the grand scheme tho.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jack Anderson posted:

Smackdown before a PPV is a lot of replays and video packages isn't it? I'd go anyway (they're having a tag title match on Main Event which would be live before the Smackdown taping starts) but I wouldn't pay more than $9.99 to go.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Paul Orndoff was just happy to be there. With his mustache.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love that someone had a SAWFT sign front and center during the Hogan birthday segment.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

NienNunb posted:

Really? The match is almost certain to be great, and either Cena wins and the Internet melts or Brock remixes the title picture.!

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
WWE discussion is an advocating Jew for [date]

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Cornwind Evil posted:

Paul Orndoff was just happy to be there. With his mustache.

13 years ago he wrestled for WCW and looked like an old worker. He seems to have aged 30 years in that time span.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Who cares if lol Cena wins, Bork and Cena are going to beat the hell out of each other for 20 minutes. Worked in 2012.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 12, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mkay0 posted:

Really? The match is almost certain to be great, and either Cena wins and the Internet melts or Brock remixes the title picture.!

The match will probably be great but neither Lesnar or Cena being world champion coming out of Summerslam interests me all that much.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That sure was a wrestling television program.

VanV
May 13, 2004

Not this year.
Yeah Cena is not winning this one.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I got told that instead of working my normal shift, I had to work 13 hours today, so I missed RAW, but my roommate says it was like ultra bad. The end was funny and cool though, that's all I saw.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Also, I really want to see Lesnar with two belts.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

Who cares if lol Cena wins, Bork and Cena are going to beat the hell out of each other for 20 minutes. Worked in 2012.

I guess I'm like the only person in the world who was "eh" about that match?

VanV posted:

Yeah Cena is not winning this one.

Never underestimate WWE's ability to put John Cena over in the face of all logic and reason.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Under the vegetable posted:

Also, I really want to see Lesnar with two belts.

All signs point to him only having those two belts for one night.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Gotta give WWE credit. Every match for Summerslam has had a decent build. It's weird that there is no tag match though. And having Cesaro doing nothing for a top 3 PPV of the year is sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

Gotta give WWE credit. Every match for Summerslam has had a decent build. It's weird that there is no tag match though. And having Cesaro doing nothing for a top 3 PPV of the year is sad.

There is going to be an open challenge for the tag belts on Main Event tomorrow. Look forward to an afterthought Usos/Rybaxel match on the pre-show.

• Locked thread