Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
just postin to say cucka will never find a woman as hot as megan miller thats all thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cucka posted:

E: Have you ever noticed me whining up a GDT or week of thread? I normally like the product on a bad week in a "this is funny" sort of way, but the writing this week was simply terrible and lazy. That's what ultimately bugs me. Not the product being boring, which it is atm, but the writing is just so loving lazy that the only parts that stood out were when wrestlers were just talking to one another (Wyatt/Jericho) someone was just skilled at talking (Heyman) or two people were having a kinda good match (Cesaro/Swagger)

The rest was utter dogshit. Well, Brie locking in the Yes Lock half assed was kinda fun, I guess?

No but you were also really oddly fixated on the perceived attractiveness of Bryan's alleged mistress and really overdramatic, lovely song lyrics, so that's enough for me.

Also I for one thought she was attractive but I think they went deliberately out of their way to make her look like a physical therapist in terms of clothing and whatnot, which is in general not a particularly sexy look to say the least. Furthermore no one was saying she was ugly or hideous so I don't even know where the gently caress some of you were getting that from. Except maybe cucka but consider the source.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm p sure cucka was hella drunk last night but idk

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Pretty sure Daniel Bryan won't have cheated on his wife with Katie Vick or whatever because that would be dumb.

Steph will be making it up and paying her and at Summerslam it'll play into the finish where Megan Miller will come out, distract Brie, Steph will get the win and then Miller will run in and kick poo poo out of Brie because she's not a physical therapist she's a wrestler oh my god.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
So am I the only one who thinks it was stupid that they had both Paige and Heyman do a rhyming rap/poem? They even showed a repeat of Heyman immediately after Paige's. Maybe break it up a bit and do one on Smackdown instead of trotting out the same idea twice in one show (especially when Heyman's was so masterful and Paige's was just clunky).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE lowered the per-month, no commitment cost to $12.99 for the Network. I believe it is effective immediately.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Paul Orndorf being the only one laughing at "party's over, Grandpa" was the best part of the night. Mr. Wonderful is hilarious.

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
I seem to be literally the only one who liked the affair angle. I have no idea who Claire Lynch is. Steph is a top 5 promo in the WWE right now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

WWE lowered the per-month, no commitment cost to $12.99 for the Network. I believe it is effective immediately.

Wow that's a pretty good deal for those who don't want to commit to the 6 month thing.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
So I just watched the birthday party, and two things I'm wondering.
First, who shaved Zeb's beard and put him in a robe?
Second, what did he keep whispering to Heyman after Jhon Cena came out to save the day?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The angle really wasn't that bad, people are just having kneejerk reactions because ugly dog-face girl that doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the great Daniel Bryan is a terrible actress and when storylines like this have been done before, they've been done pretty tastelessly. I'm not a "wait and see" kind of guy, but I have a feeling this wont be as cringeworthy as similar angles in the past.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

No one in it could act and the TNA one was at least campy enough to be fun. When TNA honestly did an angle better it's time to seriously re-evaluate your creative department.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
12.99 is really low to get one or potentially two ppvs, no commitment. They must be really having serious issues with the cancellations of the six month commitments.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

crackage posted:

I seem to be literally the only one who liked the affair angle. I have no idea who Claire Lynch is. Steph is a top 5 promo in the WWE right now.

I thought it was funny.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Paulocaust posted:

The angle really wasn't that bad, people are just having kneejerk reactions because ugly dog-face girl that doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the great Daniel Bryan is a terrible actress and when storylines like this have been done before, they've been done pretty tastelessly. I'm not a "wait and see" kind of guy, but I have a feeling this wont be as cringeworthy as similar angles in the past.

It was really, really bad and was a blatant copy of a horrible TNA angle. I really enjoy horrible wrestling angles, so I laughed the entire segment.

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp

Thauros posted:

No one in it could act and the TNA one was at least campy enough to be fun. When TNA honestly did an angle better it's time to seriously re-evaluate your creative department.

are you not including Steph for some reason because she's been amazing since the DB vs Authority angle started

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I am still stunned we got Mr. Wonderful's WCW theme on Raw in the year of our lord 2014.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

crackage posted:

are you not including Steph for some reason because she's been amazing since the DB vs Authority angle started

Seriously, Steph(Or Trips) have carried both Bryan and Brie through a majority of their segments, in the Vs. The Authority angle.

All Bryan and Brie have had to do is let the crowd do most of the heavy lifting and they do that because Steph and Trips can create heat at will.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rewatching that last segment, if they really wanna make Reigns THE guy, the only option is to have Brock beat Cena and Reigns conquer the conqueror at Mania.

That said, I'm honestly starting to get serious CENA WINZ vibes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cena is not winning this match

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Rewatching that last segment, if they really wanna make Reigns THE guy, the only option is to have Brock beat Cena and Reigns conquer the conqueror at Mania.

That said, I'm honestly starting to get serious CENA WINZ vibes.

Brock will get some doofy win on Sunday and Cena will clean his clock at NoC.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

I hope you are correct :)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

yea ok posted:

He will.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Cena wins, but takes a big enough beating to where Rollins cashing in is somewhat plausible, Rollins wins.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Cena's promo addressing the constant calls for him to turn heel and acknowledging all the reactions he gets was great. It's worth remembering that Cena and creative are well aware of how people feel about him. The thing is, that promo pretty much promised us an all time classic match out of Cena/Brock on Sunday. Anything less than amazing will be a disappointment. I loved their last match, but after that promo they better blow that poo poo out of the water.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I actually want John Cena to win because of the reaction it will cause. john cena

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If they don't put the belt on Brock I honestly don't think I'd renew in October. Not overly concerned though since I'd seriously be shocked if Cena wins this time. I'm simply not enjoying most of WWE's programming lately, but Lesnar and Heyman have been fantastic and I'd love to see him get a reign until Mania.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I am again hearing the voice of the Married With Children narrator. "I bet you thought John Cena would lose. Well then you haven't been paying attention for the last ten years."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It makes more sense for Seth Rollins to beat a face with MITB, therefore John Cena. However, I really want Brock vs Rollins to happen but unfortunately John Cena. Dean Ambrose should be the new Steve Austin immediately.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Frankston posted:

I actually want John Cena to win because of the reaction it will cause. john cena

I'm fine if Cena takes a beating but beats Brock, only for Rollins to cash in and win the title.

I'm also fine with Brock winning the title cause that could be very interesting.

If Cena walks out champion at the end of Summerslam then I'm done with the main event scene until literally anyone else is champion.

Also my computer exploded after Ambrose was a present, what I saw of RAW was fine I guess. Worth watching the other two hours?

EDIT: Actually I just thought, if Cena wins and walks out champion at the end of Summerslam, I will watch the main event scene if he goes into a feud against Rusev :911: :ussr:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 12, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's worth watching the Bray promo and THEY CALL HIM MR WONDERFUL BECAUSE HE IS SO WONDERFUL

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

It's worth watching the Bray promo and THEY CALL HIM MR WONDERFUL BECAUSE HE IS SO WONDERFUL

It's mostly worth watching for Orndorff's moustache.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I wonder if Hall signed Hogan's birthday card

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

quote:

WWE.COM: Changing topics slightly, are you excited about the fact that touring with WWE could broaden your access to zoos?

STEEN: Zeus?!

WWE.COM: Well, maybe him too, but no, zoos.

Amazing

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

It's worth watching the Bray promo

That was a Bray Wyatt promo alright :allears:

I can only hope they pull out all the stops for a Summerslam level match, I've enjoyed the feud but their first match was such a huge let down for me.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

ZDar Fan posted:

I wonder if Hall signed Hogan's birthday card

He heard Brock would crash the party and didn't want to give Hogan false hope.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've been watching some mid 2000's footage (Missed that era) and Mr. Kennedy seems like he could have been a superstar in the WWE. What in the world happened to him?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Chronically injured, managed to piss off golden boy Orton.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sanguinia posted:

The thing that really bothered me about the whole Steph/Brie segment was that it gave me horrible flashbacks to George Lucas saying thing are like poetry because they rhyme.

Brie pressing charges against Stephanie was incredibly clever for a wrestling angle. Stephanie has been untouchable and abusing her power endlessly for months, getting more and more drunk on her own success. At the peak of her hubris she physically assault's Brie Bella and throws her out of the building knowing there's nothing Brie can do about it... except Brie is a "civilian," now directly because of Stephanie, so she has a recourse that by kayfabe logic wrestler's don't normally have: calling the police. This gives her the leverage that Stephanie's victims have lacked all this time and gives her one shot to put the heel in her place.

It was really one of those moments where wrestling storytelling is at it's peak: 1) Villain abuses power to get wrestler fired 2) Villain gets a swollen head about how great they are for doing that. 3) Villain keeps the grudge going even thought they've ostensibly "won," already because that swollen head has made them petty and cruel. 4) Because of that grudge the hero turns the tables, and the villain's original abuse of power bites them in the rear end. No bones about it, that's a good story.

Now all the sudden we have Stephanie enraging Brie and getting her sent to jail for slapping a civilian because Brie enraged Stephanie and got her sent to jail for slapping a civilian. Brilliant work Mr. Lucas, now book Jar Jar to go over Cesaro.

I liked the segment because of how silly it was and how much it enraged the crowd but yeah this was the bit about it I didn't like, it made the original part less fun in retrospect because steph 'got even' with it.

People getting all super-pissed about how attractive they think a woman has to be to them to buy this angle is pretty creepy though so well done those people for making AJ styles' interview comments about Claire Lynch sound reasonable in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

I've been watching some mid 2000's footage (Missed that era) and Mr. Kennedy seems like he could have been a superstar in the WWE. What in the world happened to him?

He was an unsafe dickhead who kept hurting himself and others

• Locked thread