Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

<< oh yeah hold on lemme hack it real quick >>
<< beep boop oh look hes a giant nerd who wants a rare book >>
<< who wouldve guessed >>

She climbs into her car and does some pre-startup checks on the fly spies in the glovebox as she waits for any passengers.

<< omg marcina >>
<< i know how to do my job >>
<< wtf kind of inconceivably terribad riggers have you worked with where spotting of employees at a building was an issue >>
<< like seriously >>
<< costumes are kinda my thing anyways >>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

<Hint: his entire use of small recon drones was replacing the internals with grenades and kamikzaing them at security cams, guards, things that moved in general. Whatever, have fun.>

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...


Hardline

The decker clambers into the Americar's passenger seat, careful not to touch anything but his seatbelt. Some of the riggers he'd worked with got a bit... Touchy.

"Just gonna do some nerd stuff, let me know when we get close."

switching my deck attributes and programs around for maximum infiltration

Attack: 4
Sleaze: 7
Data processing: 6
Firewall: 5

Programs:
Baby Monitor: know overwatch score
Exploit: +2 to sleaze for hack on the fly
Sneak: +2 defense against trace user. DemiGODs never get my location
Stealth: +1 sleaze

I'll be running silent and hot-sim, and as soon as I'm close enough I'll use hack on the fly to try and get on the Host's network

Sleazing onto auction house network: 14d6t5 3

So three hits probably isn't enough. Lemme know if I need to try again.


I did it wrong, I think actual roll coming up soon

Actually for real trying to get onto the auction house network: 11d6t5 3

God damnit. Still 3 hits.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2014 around 03:01

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




The meet splits up with Gothnerd McJohnson tottering out into the Dixie bar, and right to the door. On the way he nods to Tex, though, to let him know everything went okay. In another moment he's out in the dark of the night, likely in search of another cup of coffee. The rest of you begin your legwork, trying to piece together the empty spots in the job before it's time to run. The Sage will be open until at least three o'clock that morning, with last call at two, and the night is generally young for a Tuesday in Dallas for most of you.

How do you spend your evenings? Where to, what are you doing?



Texas Yellow shakes his head at your request. "Sorry, Al, but I got another bit a' business to take care of tomorra' night. Maybe you can find y'all a quiet room over at the Haven. Or surely one of the lot a' ya can get hold of a safehouse. But to make it up to ya, drinks on the house tonight. What'll you have?"

The bar itself isn't your usual scene, full of cowboy poo poo and wizz banjos, but free drinks were free drinks and you noticed a few particularly attractive women of all metatypes hanging about. Then again, there was work in the morning...



Sparrow, Hardline, and anyone else who tagged along get into Sparrow's Americar: a shocking sight, given her reputation as a rigger. But none-the-less she drives it well, and they make decent time over to the auction house. The building's dark this time of night, with tasteful lighting across the large lawn. The day spa across the street seems completely shut down, and the high-rise lofts full of wageslaves relaxing for the evening. The strip center is a decent sight, where Elflectro-Swing wafted out of The Tir Tear, and a bored teen manned a small convenient mart.

While she idled, Hardline pulled up the host of the auction house and tried for a mark. Unfortunately, his try popped, and the SQL injection exploit more or less fizzled out. Which ticked up his overwatch score to 5 and, well, there was a brand new mark on his deck. It was in an old font, but crisp gold, the letters 'EE'. That host had marked him for his failed attempt, and it'd probably be best to deal with that before trying to get access a second time.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...


Hardline

With a roll of his digital eyes, Hardline curses his hubris. Not the most auspicious start for the evening.


Ok, gonna switch my attack to 7 and my sleaze to 4 to try and get this mark off

Also, I realized that I wasn't taking my -2 to all matrix actions for being on the public grid, so

Get this EE mark off me!: 9d6t5 2
That probably failed



With another binary sigh, he focuses on getting himself to a grid that doesn't drop every five seconds



Ok, not going to bother switching my stats because of the sleaze bonus I get from my programs



Hack on the fly onto local grid: 9d6t5 1

Trying again

Hack on the fly onto local grid take 2: 9d6t5 2

Not sure if two hits is enough, but that's probably enough rolls without gm interaction.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




You fail twice to get onto a better grid, but fail: breaking in from a public grid was proving too difficult as you tried to get into the private DNS servers. Your overwatch score ticks up to 10, and it was only a matter of time until the EE host administrator checked their comm and saw the mark notification for that symbol still gleaming on your persona.

Haha, Yamtaggler, you really got to get a Middle lifestyle pronto. And some cerebral boosters.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2014 around 20:52

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...


Hardline

The decker grumbles as he jacks out and reboots his deck.



OK, jacking out, then rebooting, then trying to gain access to the local grid again.

Hack on the fly onto local grid take 3: 9d6t5 3

Jesus Christ

Hack on the fly onto local grid take 4: 9d6t5 2

Hack on the fly onto local grid take 5: 9d6t5 3

three seems to be the highest I'm getting here. At least trying to jump up a network doesn't bump up my Overwatch.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2014 around 21:54

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...


Hardline (Important changes)

Hardline turns out his deck and blows some of the dust out of the ports, then turns it on again. Hopefully no one noticed.

OK, thanks to some very generous help from Quantumninja, I've got a better character for hacking. Hopefully.

Attack: 5
Sleaze: 5 +2 to Hack on Fly from Exploit
Data P: 6
Firewall: 3

Programs:
Baby Monitor: Know Overwatch
Sneak: +2 defense against Trace User, DemiGODS never know my physical location
Exploit: +2 Sleaze for Hack on the Fly

Aaaaaand

Hacking into Auctionhouse Host: 13d6t5 0

Someone please shoot me.

Maybe I'll take a break from rolling dice for a bit.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

Sparrow closes up her newsfeed and raises an eyebrow at Hardline when he wakes up to reboot. "Things going alright?" She leans over the decker to get at the glovebox. "I guess it's one of those if I have to ask deals. 'Scuse me, I got just the thing."

She pushes her microdrone cases aside to get to the expensive stuff: half a loaf of organic wheat bread in a ziplock bag. The driver side window rolls down, clearing the way for her to wave a slice out the window. A little red canary swoops down at the sound of her whistling and perches itself on her mirror, waiting patiently for its reward.

She tears off a little chunk and hands it to her feathered friend. "Be my lucky bird, would you? Just for a little bit?"

It cocks its head at her, then takes the bread.

"I'll take that as a yes."

Summoning a Force 3 Air Spirit with the Guard power.
Summon Force 3 Air Spirit: 14d6t5 4
Force 3 Air Spirit Resist: 3d6t5 1
Resist 2 Drain: 8d6t5 2
No drain, spirit owes me 2 services. I'm just going to have it sustain Guard on me and Hardline so it can negate any glitches.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2014 around 22:40

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

[ Miss Sue, do you have any other SINs you can spare? While the others do this the hard way, I was thinking of just...you know, GOING to the auction house and looking around. Tomorrow morning of course, it'd be rather suspicious to head on over well past closing time. Wouldn't mind a cohort for it. ]

Double Tap's going to change suits, change SINs, and one Harrison Cliff is going to be heading over to the auction house tomorrow morning to make small talk and ask about any incoming auctions that might strike his fancy. He's got a thing for expensive alcohols and wants to own classic literature to seem more fancy. He'd love company, if anyone else has good Impersonation/Disguise/Con and wants to help him scope the place and ID any other workers there.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

"...there but for the grace of god..." Marcina watches Sparrow et. al. speed off into the whereever. <Sure thing DT. I can meet you at the Braums' two blocks down at 11 is tomm morning.>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




Your deck nearly fizzles as you try one more time to hit the host, and it fails miserably. You watch as an interior daemon catches your exploit attempt and dumps it right back out again, and with it a new one of those shiny-gold marks pops onto your body. Your overwatch score ticks up to 3 as well.

And then the counter-strike comes. Their spider must have gotten to his desk, because the shot comes like a pound of bricks. The icon appears in front of the host, an Aztec-themed witch, and she throws a punch right in your jaw. At the same time, your operating system explodes with warnings as the single exploit in the system from your failed host attempts starts running payloads on your deck.

Since you're new to this decking thing, I'm going to forgo the whole Lethal Decking rule. At least until you learn what's up. Right now, resist a Brute Force attempt with Willpower + Firewall. Your target is 4, and if you fail there are a total of three EE marks on you.

Roll Initiative.


Initiative
27 - Auction House Spider
?? - Hardline



The bird swoops in and the air spirit takes its tenure watching over the two of you. You sit in the quiet of the cool Dallas night as Hardline's eyes glaze over again, and it probably wasn't going well. Oh yeah, this job.

Then your comm starts blowing up. It's Spike, calling you.



Anything else to do tonight?


Wednesday, February 6, 2075. 11 am.

Tell me about the Braum's, and how y'all meet up.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2014 around 06:38

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth comms in, [I have a fake SIN and whatnot that will pass muster to get me in and if I go real ID... I am just a retired Texas Ranger... I could theoretically be at an auction for real reasons... but I don't want to have my real ID registered at a place I plan to rob... Tell me when you're gonna head up and I can show up too. My fake SIN is registered as a body guard with License for Pistols and Armor... So, if any of you fellas have a higher class SIN I could theoretically use that as a cover.]

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel

"Uh, thank you, kindly... pardner." Not wanting to be too greedy, Al orders up a double-shot of Makers... followed shortly by another. Fortified with a little liquid courage, he attempts to flirt with one of the better-looking ork women. "Hey, nice ink; where'd you get it done?"

Seducing the fine Ork woman (Con): 2d6t5 0

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

Braums is a very Dallas institution. Basically an urban Dairy Queen, that reverses its competitor's strategy of hanging out almost exclusively outside of city limits. Featuring okay burgers and dairy products at reasonable prices, its where you go when Burger King gets too pretentious.

Marci, or rather, a doofy looking guy that looks like he might have daddy's money is sitting in the corner with a half eaten burger ("chewy" flavor) waiting for DT to walk in. "He" waves him over when he walks in the door.

(Cast Physical Mask. They need 7 hits to through it.

No Drain)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2014 around 10:39

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

"Oh yeah, pics." Reaching back into the glovebox, Sparrow pulls out one of her fly spies and lofts it out of the window. The drone automatically hovers in place as she reaches back and turns on the RCC behind her seat. She the AR console in front of her to load her programs and set a few waypoints.

Sending in a fly spy to check things out and try to get a picture of someone. Flying high and hovering near windows. I have Stealth 6, Clearsight 6, and Electronic Warfare 6 loaded on the RCC right now.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11 pm.

You give your flirting a go, but the women gives you an offended look. "This poo poo ain't ink, rear end in a top hat. It was part of my Goblinization! I didn't even have a choice in it, it just came in like this. Doctor said it wasn't that uncommon."

A few of her friends turn to you, and it might be time to clear out.

Swing and a miss, buddy. What next?


Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11 pm.

Sparrow's FlySpy takes to the air, circling the building a few times and seeing what it can. It dodges a handful of scanners actively watching for that kind of stuff, its size and stealth concealing it from the sensor arrays. You see a number of external cameras, along with what looks like a series of large sensor arrays in the hedge wall surrounding the property. The door locks look like standard maglock bullshit. The grounds are also tastefully lit this late at night.

As the FlySpy makes a pass closer to the building, you also see a number of night watch guards: they're big, Aztlan-looking, and wearing ill-fitting suits. You can't see discernable weapons on them, but that isn't a tell-tale indicator that they're unarmed. You catch three different ones through windows, along with one patrolling the outer perimeter.

Map with Sensors Marked
Exterior Camera Map


Wednesday, February 6, 2075. 11 am.

The lot of you meet up at the Braum's, and while Marcina doesn't look her usual self, her (his?) disguise is immensely convincing. There are a number of obnoxious children and their tired-looking parents trying to calm them with the promise of ice cream. You make an odd group, but not too out of place in the wealthier parts of dallas: a rich kid with an allowance, his smooth-talking advisor, and a bodyguard looking after the two. Assuming nobody did anything particularly stupid, this bit of legwork should be easy.

How do you head over to the place? It's valet parking; whose car do you take?


Wednesday, February 6, 2075. 11 am.

You wake up with a cough in the morning, the hints of a cold setting in from a night in a bar full of people. spent the morning, as normal, looking after Gabriel. He also seems like he has a cold, with a fever. Maybe it's allergies? He sleeps the morning away, only waking up for his medicine. But when he does, he can tell you're looking a little on edge---he can tell you're working a job. "What is it? What are you doing this time?"

The FA boys show up at your place a little before two, and it's probably time to go see the good doctor.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


[quote="Arkangelus" post="433754259"]
Gabriel De Los Santos

Sorry, was moving tuesday and wednesday. Moving forward worked out fine too, was just gonna be exposition for the rest of the night anyway.

With Raphael: "Making a run at Efigies Elegantes sometime this weekend. They have some newly uncovered manuscript by one Anne Rice. You heard of her? Meeting the Doc later today as well. He says he might have something for us. We'll see. How you feeling man?"

Gabriel spends some more time in the lodge in the morning then heads over to meet Doc Jameson when it gets close to the time.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

With the first pass completing everything she had hoped for, the fly spy returns to the car and sets down on her dashboard. The spirit regards it curiously. A stern look from Sparrow deters it from attempting to find out what the metal bug would taste like. She packs the drone back into its case as she sends out a dossier to the rest of the team.

<< ay yo, camera fov maps hot off the press >>
<< check the attachment >>
<< and sorry, but it looks like nothing but boring suits >>
<< makes for a lovely dress up party right >>

With her immediate job complete, she notices a missed call in the corner of her vision. She calls Spike back immediately.

"Hey buddy, what's up? Sorry, was in the middle of something."

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel

Alfred mumbled an apology "well, I was just sayin... it looks nice, y'know?" and decides that discretion may in fact be the better part of valor.

Saying a quick goodbye to Tex, Alfred shoots off a quick message to the group: No dice on the dance party at the Sage tomorrow; anyone got another venue?

Adding "buy hardshell briefcases" to his "to-do" list, Alfred decides not to press his luck, and turn in early.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Yamtaggler had to drop out due to real life stuff, so you're good to go whenever.

"drat, Sparrow, good to hear from you," Spike says, relief in his voice. "Listen, I got myself into a little bit of poo poo. I was working a side job, some transport for a clinic, off the books, and some thrillers hit my bagman. I need a ringer to help clean it up. You game? It'll split the payday with you, you help me out. It needs to happen soon, though, tonight or tomorrow."

The decker in the seat next to you jacks out just a moment after you get off the phone. There's smoke curling up from his deck, and he looks frustrated. "No luck. Their security spider was on the up-and-up, and pretty much wrecked my deck. I managed to get the vault model before I got dumped, though. It's a Leviathan Technical LV-8085. Not sure what it means, but pass it along. Can you drop me back off at the Sage? I gotta go get this fixed."


Wednesday, February 6, 2075. The Afternoon.

Raphael took at least a passing interest in your job. "poo poo man, didn't she do that movie Interview with a Vampire or some poo poo? I didn't know she lived in Texas. That's kinda cool, I guess. Does it pay well? Be careful, alright?"

He broke into a coughing fit after that, and the biomonitor on him reported a fever. It looked like a classic cold, and that's about what he told you. "Yeah, just a cough, some allergy poo poo. You know, classic winter cold. I'd kill for a glass of orange juice. or poo poo, maybe just some vitamin C supplement; that real poo poo's too much. It can wait, though. See what the doc wants first."

Doctor Johnson is helping a young mother when you arrived, describing how to use a multivitamin supplement in combination with soymilk to produce formula that'd help her baby. You watch as he hands her six hundred nuyen worth of vitamin supplements, and then waves her out of the store when she tries to offer him sixty nuyen for it. As she leaves he nods at you. "It seems like they keep getting younger, and poorer. Gabriel, how are you doing today? Well, I hope. Listen, I've been trying to do some work on the blood samples I took from you and your brother, but I simply don't have the facilities. I was hoping you could help with that, however. Short of breaking into a hospital to get the stuff I need, it will mean robbing a corporate medical testing facility. I know the locations of a few: Renraku Festival Foods has one, and Evo's Crashcart facilities have a handful."

He rummages through the front desk of his clinic and finally produces a data chip. "The locations are on here. Hit whichever you'd like, I don't care. I need a gel electrophoresis apparatus, plus a thermal cycler for polymerase chain reactions. They aren't too large, but they're technically advanced and pretty fragile. Oh, and either location should have a big enough store of street drugs and other medical equipment that I could probably fence to pay for some help. Unless, you, uh, wanted to try to bring Free Aztlan into this."


Wednesday, February 6, 2075. The Work Day.

Work the next day is boring, maybe even mundane, with the useless Wednesday afternoon meeting.

But being at work does have its own silver lining: you get a chance to see Redi about the hard cases. You catch him in a hallway while he's mopping, and delicately bring up the subject.

What, exactly, are you paid to do? Tell me about your office, and your dumb morning meeting. How do you pass the message to Redi for the cases?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2014 around 05:35

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

"I'm always game," she responds in a teasing tone of voice. "You oughtta know that! I'll message you in a little bit, I gotta finish up some recon on another job and drop someone off. Just start - " Sparrow looks over to see her passenger waking up again. "Igottagobye!" She waves the Canary inside the car, rolls up the window, and starts driving.

"Yeah, yeah. No biggie. At least this wasn't a total bust, right?" She shoots a quick glance over her shoulder to check for any pursuers. "I'll try to look into that stuff about the vault while you're getting fixed. Just send me whatever you found."

~

The moment that Hardline leaves her vehicle, Sparrow calls Spike back. "Alright, I'm done. I'm down for tonight, no reason to give 'em a chance to regroup. You think these guys are the kind of chumps I can handle or should I grab someone? Know if they got any mages? Any subcontracting that happens will come out of my part, of course."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11 o'clock.

Spike whistles a breath of relief, and says. "poo poo, yeah, let's hit it. These thrillers are A-Boys, so they're wired up good, but I doubt there's any magic to speak of. They're kind of armored up, though, so some friends wouldn't hurt. They're small time, maybe a dozen or so. I'll send you the location. Meet me down the street from there."

He pings you a location out in Irving, an old warehouse, and a gas station down the street from it.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

She squints in thought before answering back. "Eh, I should be fine. I'll be over in a sec. Get ready."

Numerous LEDs flash in her trunk as her pair of rotodrones run through their startup checks.

gently caress it, heading over on my own. it'll be faster and the party will be split less

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11:30 o'clock.

You arrive in just a bit, the rotodrones ticking to life, and you see Spike there with his bike and a big cigar, his leather vest with patches pointedly absent. That was a sign, unspoken, that he wasn't here on his gang's behalf. Whatever happened tonight, it wasn't sanctioned, and if it went bad, there wasn't backup from his end of the street. And it was strange for you, to see him like that, in his lined coat without his colors. But he was heavy: you could make out the autoshotgun tucked under his jacket even from your car. He gives you a nod and a grin, tapping ash off his cigar. If one thing was for sure, it was that he meant business.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

Sparrow rolls down the window and waves him over. She links the two rotodrones, her car, and the flyspy to her RCC and gives them one last once-over. "Well ain't you mysterious looking tonight! Hop in." She pops the passenger side door open and snickers. "There something you need to retrieve in one piece from there, or am I good to do my usual thing? You care if I ghost it or do you need another body for them to shoot at?"

Loading my five autosofts (Alpha targeting, Flyspy stealth, roto evasion, and electronic warfare) and getting one of my flyspies in the air.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11:30 o'clock.

He tosses his cigar on the floor and climbs into your passenger seat. "Yeah, I gotta get a few suitcases of things back. You can ghost in if you want, ghost me, too, if you want. It doesn't have to get done loud, but I don't have the talents you do, ya know?"

Your drones chirp to life and you head down the street. The warehouse is clearly abandoned but occupied: there are low-light lamps of some sort inside, and the door on this end of the building is tied together with some sort of wire. The warehouse has glass windows high up along the walls on its long sides, and there's a loading-dock style door on your side, but it's down. In a moment of silence you can hear some sort of orc rap echoing through the empty shell of industrialism. Spike looks from it to you and says, "I guess I can't convince you to throw your car through that roll-up, huh? Got an idea for an approach?"

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2014 around 04:01

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

"I'd be more than happy to roll that way if you're willing to nab me another car," she responds with a grin. "I'll do the invisible thing on the both of us, then have the rotos shoot through a window or something. We'll be coming in through another door, they get distracted, I yell taste my lightning, fuckers, blah blah whatever. Usual drill. If I don't see any briefcases in the immediate vicinity, explosions are happening."

Sparrow pulls a grenade out of her jacket to show, then pops the trunk. Her two roto drones take their default positions above the car in an instant. "Or they're all standing around like jackasses doing whatever with the packages. Then I'll just do the... Y'know..." While her talent for mind control was well known to Spike, she still wasn't particularly comfortable discussing the subject. She frowns. "That. Have them shoot each other. Mages first, then deckers if it comes to that."

She grabs the backpack containing her RCC and begins making waving motions at the biker. "Now hold still for a second."

Casting Improved Invisibility on myself, then Spike. Sustaining mine using focused concentration for no penalty.
Sparrow Imp. Invis. Cast Force 3: 12d6t5 3 Force 3, 3 hits.
First Cast Drain Resist: 8d6t5 3 No drain.
Spike Imp. Invis. Cast Force 3: 12d6t5 5 pfffttttt
Second Cast Drain Resist: 8d6t5 6 what the fuckkkk
Having the flyspy case the vicinity for any other entrances we can use, as well as seeing if there's anyone around them. -2 to tests for sustaining.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11:30 o'clock.

Spike shoots you a giddy grin before you ghost him. He's going to enjoy this, that's for sure. His disembodied voice chides, "Yeah, yeah, maybe next week. I got something for this, though."

Once invisible, you hear him make some noises, and a moment later you realize he was pulling out huge bolt cutters to can opener the wire fixing on the door. He undoes the metal wire in a single snap, and you see the door float open. If you had to guess, he headed inside.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

<< noice >>
<< oh ya almost forgot >>
<< i got my knives too if we need to be quiet for some godforsaken reason >>

She stops to take cover at each corner, being careful to peek around before continuing on through the warehouse. The flyspy flies ahead, feeding back a slew of ultrasound, MAD, and motion sensor data for her to glance through. The little canary perches itself on a stack of boxes just behind her.

<< they got their rides here right? >>
<< i mean nevermind what the hell me thats a dumb question >>
<< i blame the sustain >>

Just taking cover at every available location and going through slowly. The flyspy will move ahead at all times, the rotos are still getting ready to pop up in a window, unless there isn't anything like that. If that's the case, they'll be coming through once we have a good idea of where the gang is.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11:30 o'clock.


Guess which one is you!

The factory floor is old, but mostly empty. There are a number of incredibly heavy crates to use for cover, and old chain-driven rails with massive hooks along the ceiling, but little else on this end. The walls here are thin sheet metal, the kind a bullet would slip through. The first thing you see on the way in are the cars: riced-out Civics that probably have more money sunk into AR and neon visuals than work on the engines. Even so, they'd pick up a little better then your Americar. Chances, were, though, that they were hot: if you boosted one, it'd need a decker to peel apart the registration before it was yours.

Spike replied: <<I don't think quiet is a thing with these kids.>>

The FlySpy reports a group of them in the main factory floor, where they've made a scrapwood table and they're playing cards of some sort. There's another table around the corner, out of your line of sight, where it looks like a handful more are making explosives and cleaning weapons, standard thrill gang bullshit. Around from that is a smaller room, where two of the members are---and this is the FlySpy's term---slotting. That room also has a number of small, chrome cases that look like they have serious battery supplies: likely the thing that Spike is looking for.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow

<< spike >>
<< sorry to be all heavy but i gotta check >>
<< i got one question and i only need a yes or no >>
<< they all gotta die for this thing of yours? >>

She takes the pause to plot the waypoints for her rotodrones. There wouldn't be any explosions today.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11:30 o'clock.

<<poo poo no! I just need that stuff back, I don't give a gently caress about these assholes.>>

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

<< oh >>
<< oh >>
<< uh >>

The sudden relief catches her off guard. Sparrow pauses, regains her focus, and unconsciously begins to go through a series of ritualistic hand motions.

<< slight change of plans >>
<< still doing that thing >>
<< no shooting >>
<< go grab the cases when the big fist fight happens >>
<< gonna hurt tomorrow >>
<< grab me some keys if you can >>

Initiative: 10+5d6 26
Taking cover, casting Mob Mind centered on the card table, force 5.
Mob Mind at the Table, Force 5: 14d6t5 4 4 hits, they resist with log + wil - 5.
Resist Drain: 6d6t5 1 yeah let's edge that for rerolls
Edge Reroll Drain Resist: 5d6t5 3 I like that more. Taking 2 drain.
going to have two people at the table get into a fist fight, then have everyone roll the fight into the next room as a distraction

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

"Yeah... yeah I think you're right. And yeah, it'll be a nice payday. And aren't I always careful?" Gabriel was not always careful, and they both knew it. Nevertheless he delivered it with a smile which evaporated when his brother started coughing. "How you feeling man?"
At his brothers explanation: "Yeah well who's to say we don't deserve it, too much or not? I'll grab some on the way home."

At the doc's:
"I'm aight, bit of a cold is all. Looks like Raphael's coming down with the same. How much for some vitamin c supplement?" He listens intently to Jameson's request then asks "Is it gonna be pretty obvious what else is worth jacking or you have any tips? Or an estimate of pay scale, my colleagues usually like knowing that upfront. I've been trying to learn this stuff but you know I still don't have a handle on it." Gabriel thanks the doc and heads out.

On the way home he picks up some real oj. Upon reaching home gonna do what research he can on the 2 sites via computer and then possibly do some astral scouting.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth discusses with the crew, [He, fellas, I can ride my bike somewhere and we can all get in one vehicle, or we can arrive separately and walk to the Auction house together. It's up to you.]

(Note: Ken's owns a harley davidson and a toyota gopher, both with troll mod but neither really seem like good I'M A BODYGUARD vehicles.....)

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11:30 o'clock.

The fight breaks out exactly as intended, an argument over poker chips, and it rolls into the room with the explosives and weapons. One of the guns goes off as people tumble through the table, and a burst of assault rifle rounds fills the entire room, with bullets bouncing around everywhere. Spike takes a bullet to the jacket, you think, from his grunt, but he's already moving for the goods as the fight progresses.

Dodge against 5 hits. If you fail, soak 8 damage.

Initiative
16 Sparrow
2 Spike
1 Gangers



The doctor stops you on your way out and says, "I'm sorry, but there really isn't any other way to get hold of this kind of stuff. I know this life has already cost both of you a lot. Take this on me, I'm sure you will make enough afterwards to cover it. I can't give you a definitive cost, but they're likely to be stocked with slap patches of the good stuff and enough other drugs to net an easy fifty thousand nuyen. It will take time, though, to fence it all."

The OJ was a little hard to find: you had to drive all the way to the nice HEB to get it. And it cost you forty nuyen for a quart. But when you got back home, cracked it open, and poured to glasses of the pulp-heavy, bright juice, it almost seemed worth it. It reminded you of the orange tree at your grandmother's house as a child, and her strong hands squeezing the sliced fruit over a juicer to make glasses of the juice. The taste reminds you of being four again, and your brother's smile seems wider than yours as he sips on it. "Thanks, so very much, for this, Gabriel. Even if it cost us rent, it's worth it. Probably."

He looks to be doing better in the afternoon, and offers to look over the locations and their sat images with you.

Make an untrained Intuition knowledge check for security.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

Sparrow is barely able to stand, let alone react to the fight getting further out of control than she expected. The impact of a stray bullet on her jacket causes her to stumble backwards into a stack of boxes, but she manages to maintain her concentration despite being unsure if she had just been shot.

"That's gonna cost..." She suddenly remembers that talking was not a thing she needed to be doing right now, and instead tugs at one of the translucent strings in front of her. Or maybe they weren't there? Either way, a dominating order goes through: one person, keys, car, now, throw past table.

<< cost you your ride >>
<< things need ?? >>
<< got ?? >>

at -4 dodge due to the double sustain going on
Dodging Shots: 6d6t5 4 NOPE
Soak 8: 14d6t5 8
welp that bounced. gimme your keys fucker

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Tuesday, February 5, 2075. 11:30 o'clock.

A moment later, you see one of the gangers running toward you with keys clutched in his hand. Almost synchronously, you watch three heavy-looking cases come out of the brawl and toward the car, and it's clear that Spike has you covered. Then the ganger stops in front of you and clicks his keyring, blinking the lights of the middle car. It's a super-riced Ford Swift, a sub-compact with more cosmetics than go.



More rounds eat through the walls, and Spike lets out a grunting sound. You see some blood appear on the glass of the Ford Swift. More rounds come at you, too. Before you can do anything else, two gangers in almost no clothing come out of the brawl room, clearly following the cases, and yell after the ganger offering you the keys. "poo poo, Six-man, the gently caress you doing? Wait, how the gently caress are you floating those things?!"

Dodge against 5 hits. If you fail, soak 8 damage.

Initiative
6 Sparrow
0 Spike
0 Gangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 1/3

Sparrow swipes the keys from the ganger's hands as she stumbles by, nearly oblivious to the gunfire as she climbs into the car. She gives only the briefest pause when a bullet grazes her shoulder on her way in. Though nobody can see it, she waggles a finger at the poor naked fellow who dared to point out the obvious. He would pay for that.

"Everyone punch him."

SO MANY BULLETS: 6d6t5 0
Soak 8: 14d6t5 4 yeah edging that because I don't need another -2 right now
Soak 8, Edge Reroll Missed Hits: 10d6t5 5 boom
Simple action taking cover/getting in the car I guess, other simple action is changing the order to have anyone not currently engaged go tackle the guy

  • Locked thread
«23 »