Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

Marcina gets By-the-Hour-or-by-the-Week hotel room just outside the sprawl, in Italy (the town south of DFW, not the country). She messages an old buddy to find out when he's off shift and heads back north to kill a few hours with Marty, catching up with him and asking what's new in the world of brutalizing people with tusks and casual legalized sociopathy.

In specific, after shooting the breeze, Marcina is going to try to steer the conversation to places Marty/Lone Star knows are crim operations but don't have the evidence yet/the target had enough influence to keep heat off of them

Later, at Cedars, Marcina doesn't arrive quite as early but is there and has an AR display set up.

"Hey all...you okay Sparrow, you look like you've had an interesting day?" She stares but decides not to pry further. Once the group is sat down and ready to go, she enlarges the map of the area and focuses on the side door near the loading dock. "Okay, from what we've seen, I think a nighttime B&E is gonna be our best bet instead of dealing with hordes of townies milling around. There's the question of the guards, but we can see who's there and I can imitate one of the ones who didn't show. Or we can disappear one and I take his place. After that its into the vault and improvise from there."

Now, secondary goals, do we try to get any of the other goodies they might have? Artwork is hard to move since people can readily identify it and know if its stolen. If we're offloading it we gotta know someone that knows some crazy sheik that wants to look at it in his basement or something." She shoves a bunch of beer chips in her mouth. "I've got a safehouse arranged afterwards so we can lay low as needed. Won't be too classy though."

Dropping a thousand on a Low lifestyle to use as a safehouse if needed, tied to my lvl 1 fake sin (if that's possible). If its not, i'll get a REALLY lovely hotel room at Squatter level.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2014 around 03:46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Here isa short list of the main concerns I think you should talk out:

  1. How (and when) to sneak into the facility. You could get in in disguise, or just smash a window. Hardline can disable some key cameras when the run goes down, along with some internal security stuff. There are a few access points, including the food prep area, the loading dock, and the front doors. The windows are also an option, but you'll need an area jammer or Hardline to hit the window alarm sensor.
  2. How to get the vault open. Explosives aren't a good bet, due to the fragile goods. Someone with Lockpick could try to get it open as an Extended Test with a high difficulty and Fast time frame. Or you could try to miniwelder or monofilament chainsaw a wall of the safe open, but that's going to be a LOT louder and garner attention.
  3. What are you going to do if the guards catch on or/and the cops show up? Hopefully this won't happen, but a good back-up plan in case you need bruisers may be a good idea.
  4. How to get the book to the drop-off. When you get out with the book, who is taking it where? If you steal other goods, what will you do with them?

This isn't meant to be a comprehensive list of concerns, obviously, but they are the main points of contention I see in this run. I want to avoid y'all getting into the vault room or something and being unable to complete the job.

edit: @ronwayne, you can either (a) call up a contact and make ask them to set you up with one, which requires an Extend Etiquette + Charisma (12, 1 minute) roll, with the standard finder's fee, or (b) go looking for one yourself, which is an Extended Safehouses + Intuition knowledge skill roll (or another appropriate roll, like a Matrix search) according to the following table:

pre:
Lifestyle                Hits        Time 
Squatter                 12           10 Minutes
Low                      12           30 Minutes
Medium                   12           1 Hour 
High                     18           6 Hours
Luxury                   18           1 Day 

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2014 around 00:02

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 1/3

The previous day was spent putzing around in Finch's borrowed Porsche. It was nice, but as the day drew on it only served to make her lament that her racing days were almost entirely over. Trunk space, carrying capacity, and blandness were a necessity these days. She rolls up to Cedar's in the same vehicle, though the passenger seat is crammed full of drone cases.

"Every day's an interesting day," she quips back at Marcina. "No class, no problem. And I don't have anyone that can move art, sorry. If you need someone to fly in through the top or something, I can totally do that, though. Invisibility's another option, but... Eh. I'd prefer to not try to sustain that sort of thing on everyone." She presses her bruise as she recalls her earlier job. "Gets me kinda dizzy."

"And I can totally run the book to the drop off if you're willing to split up. I can mask a vehicle and slip out another direction."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


@Atlatl: you should be up to 2 edge after the night's sleep.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

"That sounds good, extra entrance vectors are always a plus. I'd consider taking yourself and one other person max via that route, mostly to cover my rear end while I go in and do that thing. And be the first to line-of-sight disable any backup or idiots that come running out of the building. I've got that Trideo spell, so we can make things interesting if need be...hmm, I've actually got an idea on how to distract a guard now when we're in there...so, here's what I'm thinking;" Marcina lays out her plan:


1:If possible, use trideo phantasm to lure guard outside, into blindspot, disable him, get his creds, phys mask into him, get back until building. If not possible get in through loading dock/window.

2: That's me. My pools not enormous but I can throw tree hits a test at it, on average, edging it as needed.

3: That's what the team heavies are for. Stick and shock/gel/non lethal spells if at all possible, but we're not heros, this is not a gunfight situation. If they don't go down quick, we bottle. If cops are on the way, we're there for another half minute max and then gone.

4: Sparrow hauls it off, or to the safehouse. If we get other stuff, its also at the safehouse. I suggest showing up in her car and at least one other vehicle parked down the road for secondary egress.


e: Also, going to buy a miniwelder at a tool store as a a backup plan.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

"I'm down with that. You want me to just chill in the car and sustain stuff from there? Might make for a faster getaway if you can illusion up a fake case while someone tosses the invisible one in my ride."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
Edge 3/3; NuY 9168

"That would probably be ideal, yeah." She turns to the rest of the group. "Anyone else have questions, concerns, pointers?"

Will get a last minute shopping list once plan is finalized.

uh, just realized. What is the safe bolted to? can say, a troll sized individual just carry that whole thing out?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2014 around 05:25

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

"If we're going to steal something there, we should stay away from other artwork. Physical. Hard to move. And of course we don't even know if we'll have a buyer; there's a reason this sort of thing is done in auction houses. It's specialized goods. Besides, I've seen runs fail because the team got greedy and grabbed something tagged. Think deeper. This is the age of information."

Double Tap lifts the paperwork he still has.

"This? This is valuable. Auctions are anonymous and buyers put into numbers for a reason. If while we're in there, we can grab their data on auction house buyers - their buying habits, what corps they represent, etc - we can sell it through a Denver Matrix hub to the highest bidder. At the lowest point it tells corps who's buying their most valuable goods, nothing big but worth some nuyen to the right middle management. At the highest, it tells someone like the Azzies who's beating them and buying out all their magic artifacts - and they'll want to pay big bucks for that."

He pauses!

"Unless they have really rare, old liquors. We should grab those, too. Not to SELL, of course."

I can help infiltrate or serve as muscle, though I'd need to go out and buy some gel rounds or w/e for the latter as all I have are standard pistol rounds.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

"Naw, man. You gotta steal everything that they're not expecting!" She rubs her hands together and smiles. "Guns from guards, random stuff in offices, furniture. You'd be surprised what some of those lobby couches go for. I mean, we shouldn't do that this time, seeing as how I don't have a truck, but yeah. Totally."

"Also," she points at Marcina, "I don't really have time to get any nonlethal grenades, so I think I'll just hang back with that stuff in case everything goes to hell in a handbasket and I need to play the super-loud extraction game."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

quote:

edit: @ronwayne, you can either (a) call up a contact and make ask them to set you up with one, which requires an Extend Etiquette + Charisma (12, 1 minute) roll, with the standard finder's fee, or (b) go looking for one yourself

Going to incorporate the search for the safehouse into my conversation with my cop buddy, either asking for any place that Lonestar doesn't have a contract with (i.e. driving outside to a small town outside the metroplex) or places cops don't usually go that also isn't a COMPLETE hellhole. Paying whatever the bribe/finder's fee is.

Yeah, I know its risky asking the goddamn cop for this but I figure with the loyalty 4 and him knowing the places cops won't be, It'll work out.

Roll #1=6 hits, Roll #2=5 hits, Roll #3=2 hits., total time =3 Minutes, if that matters.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

Ronwayne posted:

Marcina

"That sounds good, extra entrance vectors are always a plus. I'd consider taking yourself and one other person max via that route, mostly to cover my rear end while I go in and do that thing. And be the first to line-of-sight disable any backup or idiots that come running out of the building. I've got that Trideo spell, so we can make things interesting if need be...hmm, I've actually got an idea on how to distract a guard now when we're in there...so, here's what I'm thinking;" Marcina lays out her plan:


1:If possible, use trideo phantasm to lure guard outside, into blindspot, disable him, get his creds, phys mask into him, get back until building. If not possible get in through loading dock/window.

2: That's me. My pools not enormous but I can throw tree hits a test at it, on average, edging it as needed.

3: That's what the team heavies are for. Stick and shock/gel/non lethal spells if at all possible, but we're not heros, this is not a gunfight situation. If they don't go down quick, we bottle. If cops are on the way, we're there for another half minute max and then gone.

4: Sparrow hauls it off, or to the safehouse. If we get other stuff, its also at the safehouse. I suggest showing up in her car and at least one other vehicle parked down the road for secondary egress.


e: Also, going to buy a miniwelder at a tool store as a a backup plan.

Gabriel pipes up: "It sounds like a good plan, maybe Double Tap and I should go in with you. I can help with the Trideo if necessary, as well as with the power of suggestion. Though I don't love relying on the latter. You think it's possible to get the uniforms in advance? And do we know who their HTR contract is with, is it Lone Star? If we could have whoever is backup wearing uniforms from that outfit it should sow confusion with the in-house security at least."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


When are y'all looking to hit this place? How well-sorted is the plan? Remember, a lot of y'all hang out in #shadowrun on SynIRC, and the planning doesn't have to happen in this thread.

A few answers to some questions:

Ronwayne posted:

What is the safe bolted to? can say, a troll sized individual just carry that whole thing out?

Double-Tap could guess, seeing the back wall, that it was not a stand-alone safe. It's a three-room vault with what seems like concrete on all sides. For your information, this means that the wall will roll 32 dice to soak the 25DV of a miniwelder, and you need at least 12DV to punch through it. You can roll an attack roll (I'd say Demolitions fits for this purpose) for net hits, however. So Cirno or whoever could edge it and cut the hole fairly easily. Otherwise, you'll have to deal with the vault door, which is harder to cut through, but could possibly be picked/cracked.

@ronwayne: you get the safehouse; I'll write an RP post tomorrow (or tonight if I can convince myself not to be a lazy gently caress). It's Low, it's not bad, it's out north in the Grapevine. I'll figure out the cost when I get a book in front of me and some free time. Also, you're supposed to reduce the DP by one each time you roll in an extended check. Truncating doesn't change the result, luckily.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2014 around 05:27

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

"Your plan sounds doable. So, I guess I'm just acting as muscle, that's fine. It's always good to have big guys when poo poo hits the fan."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

"Cool. Let's do it."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

She cracks her fingers and rewrites the list on the AR display;

"...okay

quote:

1.) Show up at the the Stuff Shack on Munger just south of 30 for Sparrow to pick us up at 1am.

2.) We get there, we try the distraction ruse, if not possible, just force entry to the dock or a window.
2a) Sparrow stays in the ride, me, Ken, and DT are going in. Gabe and anyone else swings as needed.

3.) Depending on opportunity, crack the safe from vault side or with the torch. We try cracking if we still got stealth and time on our side or the torch if we're blown and working on time.
3a) Grab any targets of opportunity, DT will vet which ones are a good idea to get.

4.) Egress with Sparrow or with a rental car left nearby. Sparrow handles hauling the stuff. Meet at the safehouse or your own facilities.

Further Notes:

A: DT, you got the rental last time, can you do it again? Park it just south of the building?

B: If we make it out with the goodies we don't need to stick together, in fact, we shouldn't. Sparrow and either myself or DT can handle the transfer to Lord Hamfangs

"Okay folks, I think we're good to go. Get some sleep, and lets get ready to make some money. If this goes well, I may have work immediately after."

I will submit my last minute gear purchases after the RP conversation.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

"Sounds good to me. My talent pool is...wide. Place me wherever I could be needed."

All I'll really be buying is some non-lethal ammo

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


You can pick up non-lethal at pretty much any gun store in town, no SIN check required. Most WalMarts, too.

Ronwayne, gimmie the list and who you're calling for it.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Sep 11, 2014 around 01:51

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


pre:
            avail|cost
helmet          2 100
miniwelder      2 250
2xextracans     2 160(total)
optical binos   -  50
5xmetal cuffs   - 100
-------------------
Total:          660

I'm assuming since this is 0 or close to it avail i can buy it at hardware stores or sporting goods places with cert cred?

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel


Alfred finishes off the last of the mandatory drinks. "I'll wait outside in case things get noisy. Also, I picked up some cases for transportation purposes; they should take a couple of hits without letting the books get shredded."

Alfred will be defaulting on unarmed attacks. Not as bad as you'd think. Note to self: pick up a few points of unarmed skill and some shock gloves for next time.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


@Thanatosian: If you have the funds available, you could pick some Shock Gloves up tomorrow before the run. Remember that weapon restrictions are laxer in Dallas, so Shock Gloves are Avail 6 and cost 275.

@everyone: you planning seems to be done; are we good to move on?

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

QuantumNinja posted:

@Thanatosian: If you have the funds available, you could pick some Shock Gloves up tomorrow before the run. Remember that weapon restrictions are laxer in Dallas, so Shock Gloves are Avail 6 and cost 275.

@everyone: you planning seems to be done; are we good to move on?


I will hella take that. And I think we are ready to run.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

Gabriel has nothing else to add but before everyone leaves he makes sure to pull Kenneth aside. "Hey man, you get my message earlier? You interested in some side work?"

After resolving that Gabriel heads home to get some rest.

Yeah, otherwise nothing else I guess

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth thinks about it and then says, "After this run goes down I'll tell you, I'm interested in the money, yes, but I'm also interested in how we work together."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

The lot of you settle on a plan of action, and purchase up the the appropriate set of drinks (it's about 43 nuyen each, if Hardline is picking up his tab) to keep the Cedars' owner happy. After that, though, you meander out in singles and pairs, into the cool Dallas air on a sleepy Wednesday night. It was ten o'clock, and there was a mist of chill rain in the air. The night wasn't exactly over, though, with plenty of time to get last-minute errands run. A few of your group got together to discuss side business, while the rest of you make your ways into the sprawl. The decker eeks out, muttering something about grabbing some guard credentials off of the Matrix that night. Maybe he'd come through, the flake.



You got work tomorrow. Are you headed home, then in to the office?



All was quiet on the Spike front as you headed back to your place. Those cases were still tucked away nicely, too. Where did you hide the stuff you are holding for Spike? And you also still had the loaner Porsche, which you needed to hand back off. But there was a more pressing matter: you had been hired to transport seven people, and it wasn't exactly like you could cram them all into your Americar. poo poo, did anyone else along even own a car? As far as you could tell, the lot of you were halfway to a biker gang, and the other mage and the faceman appeared to be relying on public transit to get around.



Trituradora, another Free Aztlan flunkie, was on your couch, watching a Rattlers match on your trideo and spilling soypop on your couch. When you open the door, she bobbed her blue mohawk in your direction. "Yo, Angel-man, how is? Ralphie crashed an hour ago."

When you get the door closed, she takes a more serious tone. "Yo, he was lookin' over some slick-poo poo plans of some food lab out in Mesquite. You doin' some poo poo off the reservation?"

Before you could respond, she let out a loud whoop at the trideo, then flashed you a grin. "Want a hand with it?"



After exchanging words with Gabriel, you get on your way. Climbing onto your Scorpion, however, your comm starts ringing. It's Maizon Raider.

If you pick up, he speaks in Spanish:

"Hey, Ken. You got a little free time? Still got that lawman get-up? I was wondering if I could get you to run me a solid, deal with some poo poo I got going on. It can't look like gang thing, though, gotta look like a federale. Won't take you more'n an hour or so."

Yeah, that sounded safe.




The Cadillac wasn't due back until the next day, which was just as well. It beat the rear end-smell of public transit, and the leather interior was reminiscent of those high-end Ares rentals put on company accounts. As you pull up to the second red light on your way home, your commlink buzzes. It was Ms. Mendozalt, and this time of night it probably meant she wanted you to get her somewhere she couldn't get on her own.

If you pick up, she speaks in Spanish:

"Eh, Johnny! You still know that guy in the night-club poo poo? Look, I got this piece due Friday, supposed to cover designer suits for clubs and I gotta get some club kid quotes. I'm over at Crema, that joint where people dress like cats, but the line's around the block. Can you get me on a list?"

Huh, almost like the old days: getting phone calls to fix problems.




That meet went well enough, it seemed. The plan in place, you get going. Headed home on public transit, you're standing on the train watching the Sprawl sweep by when your commlink starts buzzing. Little brother Aiden was blowing up your phone.

If you pick up, he starts in:

Obviously drunk, he slurs his speech together. You can hear club music bumping in the background, but he sounds happy. "Yo, Marcina! What is up? Listen, I got drug out to this place, selling some cat spirit fetishes with my bros out here. I was wondering if you wanted to come hang, though! We got VIP treatment going for our wares, and that means free drinks and poo poo. And I can toss you some cash, too, if you can bring along someone with some Bliss to buy."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

Sparrow replaces the cover of the air vent and steps down off her chair with a grin. Old movies always showed the best hiding places.

The team's transportation troubles suddenly hit her as she sits down with her cup of ramen. A message goes out to Finch while she slurps down the first bite.

<< yo girl you got a beater van or something i can borrow?? >>
<< borrow and maybe not return because it got blown up kinda deal >>
<< i mean like >>
<< gross cube van w/ no windows that i can shove two big rear end trolls in if needed >>
<< this is on short notice i know but uh >>
<< its gotta be cheap >>
<< cant be hurtin my bottom line naw mean >>
<< maybe just stolen out of a dump or something i dunno im not picky on this >>
<< worst case scenario i just need something for the two dudes takin buses >>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




She buzzes you back.

<< sup sparrow >>
<< I might have the perfect thing >>
<< and by have I mean there is this creep I know who owes me some money >>
<< he's got this total creeper van that would be perfect if you wanna go repo it >>
<< I mean come with me to repo it >>
<< we just have to drive over there and take it, I have the access codes and poo poo >>
<< if it survives the job you can just bring it to me >>
<< if not maybe he had it coming anyway >>
<< lol wtf who the gently caress rides the bus >>

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

<< goddamn poors thats who >>
<< anyways get me the info and ill come repo the poo poo out of the thing >>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

Marcina winces, tries not to think about which definition of "fetish" is being used here, but decides to go along with it.
<< *cough cough Aiden I have no idea what you're talking about, me and a friend will be over soon to pick you up. >> What was being offered was probably chump change, since you know, teenagers, but it still might be worth it in a see/be seen kinda way. She pulls out a disposable metalink. << Hey C, mon. Apparently they have a sweet tooth in the VIP room >> She sends a location. <Can you meet me there in a bit? Blissed out scene, from what I understand.> She gets back home, switches out to club wear, and sets out to be hideously embarrassed by the person she allegedly shares a majority of DNA with.

Calling up the candyman. Lets do this.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




Finch sends you the coordinates and the security codes so that you can use your commlink to open the car up and start it. It's a place out in the ghettos of Garland, the TROG-controlled part of Dallas. This repo would be easy enough if you could get in and out quietly. Finch blows your phone up again.

<< want to pick me up >>
<< we could take the porsche >>
<< you know any trolls or orcs we could use as a cover >>
<< get the van and make like a and get the gently caress out >>



The Candyman doesn't keep you waiting. << fuckin a I can be there in a few minutes, got something to keep people cheerful >>

After changing, you get on some public transit over to Crema, a flashy club in Bedford. poo poo, even the air smelled cleaner here. You start walking the two blocks to the club, but before you make it too far you hear the unmistakable sound of a car stereo with too much bass. A old, impeccable green-gold Cadillac pulls up to the curb in front of you, and the back door opens, letting a haze of smoke out.



The Candyman sticks his head out, his dreadlocks trying to escape with him. He lets out a deep belly-laugh and motions you over. "How is you, Marceena? Lookin' fo' a ride wit' I and I? We got tha' goo' smoke t'night!"

He holds out a fairly large joint of deepweed and offers it to you.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2014 around 22:08

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

Marcina takes up the offer and hops in. "Thanks, I'm doing great man. Yeah, apparently baby brother got himself into the VIP room, god knows how, but he says there's a scene there. He's got some weird friends but hey, nuyen is nuyen." Three, two, one, ...and bam, "Hiiii~" Marcina waves to the invisible third passenger. "But yeah, how about you? Biz treating you right these days?"

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

With Kenneth: Gabriel laughs "Fair enough big guy. I'll take that as a tentative yes and I'll be on my best behavior."

At home: He's pretty exhausted when he walks in the door at home but manages to eke out a smile and the energy to banter with Trituradora. "Doing alright, doing alright. How was he? How're things on your side of town?" When she brings up the job his mouth tightens a bit. "Doing a job "off the reservation" implies that I still work primarily "on the rez". We both know that's no longer the case."
Trituradora's eyes narrow, she obviously isn't in the mood to rehash old business and after a moment Gabriel realized he isn't much in the mood for it either. Forcing a smile, he continues quickly before she can respond "But with all of mi amor for you and yours, sure I'd love an extra hand. We've got two objectives, primary and secondary. Even cut with the total payout depending on how well we do on the secondary. Interested?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

<< yeah the ones i gotta drive around >>
<< hold up one >>

She shoots a message to Alfred and Kenneth.

<< yo who wants to come repo a ride for you guys >>
<< gonna go grab a van from a guy who owes my girl some money or w/e >>
<< i guess its big enough to make it your getaway ride for the job >>

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel

Alfred was finishing up a couple of extra drinks at Cedars when the call came in from Sparrow.

Hmmmm... Good opportunity to see what the rigger can do.

<<Sounds good. Comm me a good meetup point near the pickup, and I'll meet you there.>>

Sleep is for the weak, anyhow.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

Her reply to Alfred is quick. It includes a link to the location.

<< rear end end of garland >>
<< i dont know the target at all so no idea what to expect >>
<< but w/e do it live >>

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Ken calls back Raider and says, "Sure, yeah... I'll tentatively do it, what's the job and will I be compensated."

I'm gonna be trying to keep up with this better, had a hell of a week but it's fine now.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




The wave of deepweed washes over you as you climb into the car full of smoke, and you instantly get a a buzz along with the more more useful effects (including the +1 Willpower, +1 to Mental Limits, and Astral Perception for 3 hours). You watch as another person, a scantily-dressed, beautiful person climbs into the back of the car. What does your spirit usually appear as? The Candyman just laughs and laughs at her. "Ay, bringin' alon' the beauty, ja?"

The three of you sweep toward the club in the Candyman's self-driving car, making the last block and change easy. "Biz be goo', thanks fer askin'. I an' I lookin' fer somethin' tonigh' anyway, ya know? Only luck tha' brings me yer way. Crema ain' my regula' place, but don' mean I can' sell there. You nee' anythin' in my other line a work? Got me some bomb-rear end focusees, ja know."

As the two of you pull up to the club, the Candyman passes you a pair of cat ears and a clip-on tail, appropriately colored for your clubwear. He's got a similar set of stuff on, with this fingerless fur gloves to match. "Crema a cat place, gotta look the par'. Stick these on, stick to I and I, we get in jus' fine."

With that he opens the back door and steps out into the cool night air, right in front of the club, and bobs his dreadlocks to the doorman, who pulls aside the velvet rope for him. He offers you his arm with a snicker.



Try, as she goes by, shares some of her life's woes when you ask. "Raphael is fine, went to bed a few hours ago. He might be getting worse. Take him to a doc yet? As for me, you know, same old poo poo. Pops got his shop robbed last week, we been looking for the pendejos who did it. Jaime got a lead, he thinks, checkin' it out before we go in guns blazing. Other than that, some poo poo stirring up on the border. Might be looking for a team in a week or two for some work down in Austin. If you got some work going with some others, maybe I'll keep you in mind. Like old time."

She flashes you a grin, then steals another glance at the combat bike game and cheers as she watches the Rattlers grab the Timber Wolves' flag. "So this job, I could get into that. It might help my pops rebuild. What kind of thing are you doing? Really, when? That's probably what this is gonna hinge on. You want just me, or a while big band a' us along to make this real pro-tier poo poo?"



You can hear the grin in Raider's voice. "Yeah, look, I need a crackdown on a club up in Bedford. Some dealers in there are slingin' on my turf, and I was wondering if you had the credentials to take him down. Maybe you got an old buddy on the force or somethin'. Show up to Crema, flash some badges, pop all the dealers in the place. I'll make sure mine clear out before you even show. I'd owe you a real solid, you take care of me like that. What do you think?"

What gang does Raider lead? What kind of gang are they? What are they known for?

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth grumbles to Raider, "Man, Raider, I might be able to pull some strings but I'm out of that. I mean, yeah, I got friends. Who doesn't? But this kinda poo poo ain't usually what Rangers do... I'll make a few calls. When you need this dirt done?"

Raider runs a biker gang. They deal drugs, hijack cars and sell things. Run chop shops. Have brothels. They don't deal in the 'darker poo poo' like slavery. Everyone that works for them wants to work for them but that doesn't mean they're nice.

Ken then calls up Jason McCall, "Hey, friend. I have an odd request. I need a badge. It doesn't even need to be real, just look the part. If you can't do it man, I can probably find someone else. I don't want to get you into any poo poo. Some guy wants me to scare some drug dealers for some quick cash... Hell, maybe you could even help. Two old friends go to a bar to have some drinks, see some drug dealers. Bust 'em. Old times, ya know?"

malikial fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2014 around 21:34

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

Sorry for the delay! It's been a weird time. Credit card got stolen, someone died. 42 heavy pistol Stick'n'Shock for 336 nuyen

Double Tap allows a grin.

"Do you one better. I'll be right there. You mind playing off as my date?"

Double Tap changes lanes and heads for the club!

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

"Sorry about your pops girl. Keep me in mind for the thing, yeah. As for my thing, just a smash and grab. Nothing too fancy. Raphael thinks we can get by with a small team if we've got a decent decker, so probably just you. It'll be me, a driver, a decker, you, and hopefully one other guy. More muscle. I've got some business tomorrow night, so I'm thinking Friday night."

OOC: We did decide on Thursday night/friday morning right?

To Sparrow:
<<Hey Bird, you gonna be available on Friday to do that thing? I think it should be relatively straight-forward on your end, though I'm not a driver so wtf do I know.>>

To Hardline:
<<Hey man, you good to help me out with a job on Friday?>>

To Kenneth:
<<Hey, I know you ain't committed yet, but if you do will you have a clear schedule Friday night?>>
OOC: Also, I was looking at Kenneth's skillset for the job. You overpaid for your skill group, rank 2 is only 15 karma total.

Gabriel goes over the plan with Trituradora. "I figure we hit it towards the end of the guards shift, Friday night they're going to want to be any place but there. Hopefully they'll be less focused. Raphael thinks the decker should be able to get us in and out from start to finish. You think you could bring your demo kit just in case? Raphael made the point that any fires or explosions are going to get a lot of attention fast, but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Anyway, we go in grab the tech and then as much of the chemicals as we can carry. I hesitate to say it, but it should be simple."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Sorry I didn't post sooner. Inlaw visits are no laughing matter. Let's get this thing moving so we can commit some vault heisting.

Sparrow and Alfred Nobel
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

Within the hour the two of you are crammed into Sparrow's Americar, which Finch insisted on taking to Garland instead of the loaner Porsche. Finch has wedged herself into the back seat behind Sparrow, because Alfred's seat was slid all the way back just to accommodate him in the car. The three of you are driving through some of the worst slums that the entire DFW sprawl have to offer. You watch as an Ork slings novacoke on a corner, and Finch lets out a nervous laugh when someone whistles at Sparrow, trying to chat her up from where he stood on the sidewalk until he saw Alfred next to her. None-the-less, the three of you get to the address without any serious incident. Until you realize it's an empty lot and not a poo poo-hole high-rise apartment, complete with ganger paint and burglar-bar windows. Finch curses and looks at the address again. "Of course GridGuide isn't loving accurate out here. Sparrow, you wanna try to find this place manually?"

Navigation roll, Sparrow. Alfred, you wanna look intimidating or something, it wouldn't go amiss.

Chris "Double Tap" Johnson
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

poo poo good luck

Alma laughs into the comm. It wasn't a particularly sweet laugh, but it sounded like a smiling one. "Sure. I'll bring an extra pair of ears, see you in a bit."

You get to the club still dressed to the nines from earlier in the day, and you find Alma standing in line in a pair of cheap-looking cat ears and some make-up meant to suggest whiskers. It would of looked weird if everyone else in line wasn't, at a minimum, dressed the same way. Hell, some people were in full cat bodysuits, and there were some other questionable outfits and collars you picked out as you picked Alma out of line. She stepped out of line and caught your arm with a double-wide smile. "Heya, Chris. How have you been? Oh, here, for dress code!"

With that, she squared herself in front of you and pushed a small pair of black cat ears onto your head. "No way to get into this place with at least some of this poo poo. Let's say you get through this bouncer, though."

Kenneth
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:30

McCall whistles loudly into the phone. Annoying and Texan, this guy. "poo poo, man, just got home from duty, didn't even take my coat off yet. If you'll give me the collars, I got an old knock-off I grabbed off some poser punk that I'll loan you. We'll hit these punks, bag and tag. Couldn't hurt to fill out my arrest quota, you know? What's the place? I can meet you there in a half-hour or so, assuming it ain't all the loving way out in Garland or some poo poo."

You meet McCall shortly after outside of Crema, and he passes you a pretty good-looking reproduction of a Ranger badge. If you hadn't carried one for years yourself, you wouldn't have noticed the slight engraving errors in it. He muttered some about the club, saying something about "cat poo poo" and groaning as he headed for the doorman. He elbowed you, though, and flashed you one a grin. "What do you say? Wannna flash that badge, talk your way past this bouncer?"

Gabriel de Los Santos
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

Yes, Thursday.

"Simple sounds good," she says with a grin. "I can bring the demo kit, sure, but Ralph is right: Mesquite ain't exactly the place to go blowing things up. They've got like a dozen oil refineries right there, and the fire department is some johnny on the spot motherfuckers. We'll get geeked with waterhoses, we start that kind of poo poo. So we go in, steal whatever poo poo you're after, and then, what? Grab a bunch of food prototypes and try to fence them to some AAA subsidiary working on the latest in proto-soy gunk? That could work, for sure, but you gotta know a fence. Unless we're just stealing off-the-shelf poo poo we can fence easy through a street doc. Is that more what you had in mind?"

  • Locked thread
«23 »